• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So, as someone who knows to nothing about Sakura Wars and how it's played, I am a bit in the dark in this regard. I tried unearthing examples of how Sakura could play as but Youtube showed me a guy with printed pictures talking in his living room (I need flashing animations and game footage) or DeviantArt/Reddit write ups which help but showed no clear or concise direction for such a moveset. That's why I want to call upon Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming , Speed Weed Speed Weed and anyone who has knowledge of this series to give some input. I still want to make the creation of this character a community-based endeavor as we done before but past character jobs showed me that certain character submissions were dominated by the people who submitted that character...which makes sense to a degree but takes away the community aspect of the project.

So before we start submitting gameplay and moves, I want to discuss the following

1) Discuss how Sakura would play at her basics. Her stats, how she moves, her attributes, and any sort of gimmicks that could arise from her playstyle. I need to visualize her before we start mapping those moves onto her. I ran into this with Zagreus which left be bewildered. I want to know the character before I start opening up moves.

2) What sort of moves could be incorporated? How does she attack? What are her techniques? Are there details online where we can see this? Are there any videos that might move people in the right direction? Is there a detailed list we could have people draw from for inspiration which explains, clearly, what these attacks do?

Last edited:
Well, I believe that she could have Rushdown playstyle and her stats are gonna be similar to Swordfighter, but she could be lighter. As for her Mech, she could have grappler Playstyle, where she is Heayweight in her mech form.

Her moveset would be taken from her games like she could use her katana and her down B could be, where he summons her Mech and she gets a new moveset based on her Mech.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I've never played Sakura Wars Before, I played Project X Zone which had characters in the game and i've seen some of the romance footage from the recent game. Plus, it had an anime with an actual english dub.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So, as someone who knows to nothing about Sakura Wars and how it's played, I am a bit in the dark in this regard. I tried unearthing examples of how Sakura could play as but Youtube showed me a guy with printed pictures talking in his living room (I need flashing animations and game footage) or DeviantArt/Reddit write ups which help but showed no clear or concise direction for such a moveset. That's why I want to call upon Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming , Speed Weed Speed Weed and anyone who has knowledge of this series to give some input. I still want to make the creation of this character a community-based endeavor as we done before but past character jobs showed me that certain character submissions were dominated by the people who submitted that character...which makes sense to a degree but takes away the community aspect of the project.

So before we start submitting gameplay and moves, I want to discuss the following

1) Discuss how Sakura would play at her basics. Her stats, how she moves, her attributes, and any sort of gimmicks that could arise from her playstyle. I need to visualize her before we start mapping those moves onto her. I ran into this with Zagreus which left be bewildered. I want to know the character before I start opening up moves.

2) What sort of moves could be incorporated? How does she attack? What are her techniques? Are there details online where we can see this? Are there any videos that might move people in the right direction? Is there a detailed list we could have people draw from for inspiration which explains, clearly, what these attacks do?
"The sakura flower blooms, then fades away. So go the sakura wars... Come! A dramatic adventure awaits!"

Not a worry. Sakura's known for being brave, if not a little clumsy at times when she's not fully focused, and somewhat stoic and cool-headed. She's got the most spiritual energy of any of the women of her series, and is considered a legendary hero in the most recent era of the timeline. Sakura, from a visual standpoint, should have flashes of a pink light whenever she swings her family's spirit sword, Arataka, to represent her using her spirit energy (think of it like Haki in One Piece, it's physical use of the user's spiritual strength and will). Her attacks utilizing the sword should be graceful and noble, like Marth or Lucina's, and like Shulk, when not used, the blade should be sheathed. Even when cutting down demons, she's elegant with her blade. She's a master of Houkushin Itto-Ryu, which focuses on fast, simple strikes where no mistakes are made.

Sakura also works as an actress at the Grand Imperial Theatre, bringing joy to the citizens of Tokyo that she and the other members of the Tokyo Flower Division, and the whole team is expected to assist with cleanup after shows, so utilizing a broom or mop for a down Smash or dash attack would be reasonable.

Sakura can also utilize manifesting her spiritual energy to attack from range with techniques like her Ouka Hoshin, which could act as a neutral special, shooting a projectile of pink spirit energy that travels across the ground like Terry's Power Wave or Cloud's Blade Beam, but bigger, which could also temporarily debuff enemies, Hyakka Ryoran, a dashing technique that surrounds her in flame, and the Cherry Blossom Blade, another projectile attack that flies through the air like Ichigo's Crescent Moon Slash in SSF2. It's her most powerful technique in her base form. Theoretically, she could have a counter, but that's never really been seen outside of the anime adaptation - so it's not a gameplay thing, and frankly, her specials could be reserved for better uses that actually do something.

Her Final Smash should involve her Koubu, steampunk mecha powered by spirit energy, as well as her boyfriend/canon love interest and Captain of the Flower Division, Ichiro Ogami, in his Koubu, to release a massive dual Cherry Blossom Blade with it's larger swords, with thecutscene transitioning back to battle in a flurry of sakura petals.

As for a gimmick that's not intrusive? Well, as a famous stage actress, perhaps she could receive a light buff for about ten or fifteen seconds when the crowd chants her name? Which would have a slightly increased chance of happening? It would rarely activate and wouldn't be super substantial, but references an important part of series lore.

One of her taunts could involve her pulling out a Koi-Koi hanafuda card and examining it.

Last edited:

Collaterale1

Smash Cadet
I know what Assist Trophy for Sakura will be, but i'll save it for later when it comes. My Down Special idea is Makiwara-giri: She could make her throw small straws into the air before slashing them. Its direction varies depending on the control pad, slashing up or forward on the ground, or up, forward and down in the air, and you can hold the button to delay, but the straws will fall down and dissapear. The straws itself deals weak knockback and damage. It also acts as a counter, where she will slash the opponent instead of the straw, but it deals less damage than normal. Fortunately, it has decent knockback. That's all i got.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Looking at some of the attack animations in Project X Zone, Sakura looks like she heavily uses iaijutsu, a quick-draw sword style. Iaijutsu is inherently counter-based and though I get that impression from Takamaru's moveset, it seems a lot more evident here with Sakura. I think this fact alone means Sakura could have a very defensive playstyle that's all about sending damage back at the opponent.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Looking at some of the attack animations in Project X Zone, Sakura looks like she heavily uses iaijutsu, a quick-draw sword style. Iaijutsu is inherently counter-based and though I get that impression from Takamaru's moveset, it seems a lot more evident here with Sakura. I think this fact alone means Sakura could have a very defensive playstyle that's all about sending damage back at the opponent.
I like this. Throw in Hyakka Ryoran as an escape tool for side special, Ouka Hoshin as her neutral special, and Makiwara-giri as Collateral said, with Koubu Strike: Cherry Blossom Blade as I suggested for Final Smash and we have a good set of specials.

I like this. Throw in Hyakka Ryoran as an escape tool for side special, Ouka Hoshin as her neutral special, and Makiwara-giri as Collateral said, with Koubu Strike: Cherry Blossom Blade as I suggested for Final Smash and we have a good set of specials.
What if her Koubu would be her down B, making her as transformation Fighter similar to D,VA in Overwatch.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You can’t disrespect sakura, she is segata sanshiro’s girlfriend and he will beat you up if you do

Everyone knows the ideal date is curling up with your beloved, drinking some officially licensed Sonic the Hedgehog energy drinks while playing the SEGA Saturn, then going out to beat up pathetic losers, children with a Nintendo, or old people who don't know the glory of the SEGA Saturn.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Hello may I ask for an opinion

Which does everyone prefer as a logo? Visually and lorewise, which one would be better.

Left: Based on the Sakura's clothes
Right: Based on Sakura Wars 2's logo
I actually think the second one looks better now that I've seen em put together.

They're both good though

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
With Sakura narrowly beating KOS-MOS and becoming apart of Season 1, we will be submitting content relative to Sakura Wars as well as Sega and anything in between!

To kick us off, we will be submitting a

Sakura Gameplay Analysis

This functions like before where you describe just how Sakura plays such as her stats and attributes, any particular character traits (ie Zagreus’ feet are on fire, Olimar’s cracked shield, Etc), and a notable gimmick if it can be applied. We are going for a more straight forward character to counterbalance Zagreus and Phoenix so please keep this in mind that we are looking for a character that isn’t Steve or Hero level of gimmicks but still is able to possess lamenting that defines her. In addition, she should obviously be as far removed from Takamaru and his Playstyle as possible. You can visit the front page to get an idea how Takamaru plays as.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So if we're going to include her mech, then I think the best I can think of is have it included in her kit much like how Kazuya's Devil Form works: it only shows up if using Smashes or Specials. The rest could be able to use her sword attacks. Though I dunno if it's faithful to canon whether Sakura can control the mech outside of the cockpit.

She could be a middleweight to balance the humanoid combat from her crossover appearances like Project X Zone and the heavy mech-based combat of her home series, I feel.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So if we're going to include her mech, then I think the best I can think of is have it included in her kit much like how Kazuya's Devil Form works: it only shows up if using Smashes or Specials. The rest could be able to use her sword attacks. Though I dunno if it's faithful to canon whether Sakura can control the mech outside of the cockpit.

She could be a middleweight to balance the humanoid combat from her crossover appearances like Project X Zone and the heavy mech-based combat of her home series, I feel.
That absolutely could not work. You can't just get in and out so quick and easy, it's not baked into her DNA like the Devil Gene.

It's better reserved for a FS. I'll do a full write up when I get home

Sorry for a double post, but this is the way I've personally always seen her as a fighter.

Sakura's playstyle should be extremely defense oriented, with an emphasis on position herself an opponents, with a weight of 94, same as Ness, Lucas, and Inkling, and a falling speed of 1.68, same as Cloud and Lucario. Her walk speed is 1.302, same as Pikachu and Pichu, and her initial dash speed is 1.87, run speed is 1.672, equal to Shulk and Pac-Man. Her air speed is 1.208, matching with Mario, Little Mac, and fellow SEGA mascot Sonic. She can wall jump, but cannot wall cling or crawl, and she only has one additional aerial jump (2 jumps total).

Her moves, despite her being somewhat slow, are lightning fast - she's known for being extremely skilled and fast, capable of cutting a raindrop in half. In addition, as a visual effect, her sword strikes glow with a pink aura/afterimage representing her great spiritual power. Her horizontal knockback is greatly increased in comparison to her rapid strikes, making her not great for long combo strings, having a very "Get-off-me" style that forces approaches and allows her to decide when to engage. Her damage output is fairly weak to compensate for the good horizontal knockback, and her smashes are relatively weak. In addition, whereas Takamaru is more about utilizing his sword in a dual grip, Sakura wields her blade primarily with one hand, and sheathes her blade after each strike or combo string is finished.

Her neutral special, Ouka Hoshin, is a chaser-style projectile that travels along the ground and applies a light damage debuff of 0.8 on impact for 5 seconds, with a rather large, but slow moving hitbox. Hyakka Ryoran, her side special, goes through shields and cancels projectiles but deals minimal shield damage, and makes her whole body a hitbox continuing for multiple hits, though opponents are launched after being hit with just one. It does not leave her in freefall though, and is designed to assist with her weak movement speed. Her down special, Makiwara-giri, acts both as a counter and as a weak hitbox on the straws, which deal a slight flinching damage to assist with connecting, and it deals great vertical knockback. Her up special shouldn't be anything too crazy, and go almost straight up, though not leaving her in freefall.

Finally, Sakura has two "gimmicks", though neither define her playstyle or change up her game plan in any meaningful way:
Rising Star - Whenever the crowd chants Sakura's name, she's given a light 1.15% attack and knockback buff for twelve seconds.
Shinguji Sword Training - Perfect shielding melee attacks have increased stun similar to Sora's Counter move, allowing Sakura essentially a free tilt or shorthop aerial attack to send the opponent away. Sakura is a master of counter-striking and knocking her opponents off balance.

Sakura's victory animations also all feature her canon love interest and player character, Ichiro Ogami, celebrating her victory with her.

All in all, Sakura is a surprisingly mobile fighter (despite her middling walk and run) with a focus on keeping opponents at range and forcing them to play into her strengths by approaching carelessly. Her lackluster damage and speed is made up for with incredible knockback and an unpredictable air game, though long combo strings are a foreign concept for her. She prefers to trap players with single digit strings that force them out of range, though she also has trouble closing the distance herself, and her inability to put shield pressure makes her struggle if an opponent is good at proper shielding, though like Marth in Melee, she has a deceptively long grab range. Her attacks are lightning fast, but deal pitiful damage and rarely combo into each other, though with proper spacing with a teammate, she'd be able to ping-pong enemies between herself and her ally like they were toys.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry for a double post, but this is the way I've personally always seen her as a fighter.

Sakura's playstyle should be extremely defense oriented, with an emphasis on position herself an opponents, with a weight of 94, same as Ness, Lucas, and Inkling, and a falling speed of 1.68, same as Cloud and Lucario. Her walk speed is 1.302, same as Pikachu and Pichu, and her initial dash speed is 1.87, run speed is 1.672, equal to Shulk and Pac-Man. Her air speed is 1.208, matching with Mario, Little Mac, and fellow SEGA mascot Sonic. She can wall jump, but cannot wall cling or crawl, and she only has one additional aerial jump (2 jumps total).

Her moves, despite her being somewhat slow, are lightning fast - she's known for being extremely skilled and fast, capable of cutting a raindrop in half. In addition, as a visual effect, her sword strikes glow with a pink aura/afterimage representing her great spiritual power. Her horizontal knockback is greatly increased in comparison to her rapid strikes, making her not great for long combo strings, having a very "Get-off-me" style that forces approaches and allows her to decide when to engage. Her damage output is fairly weak to compensate for the good horizontal knockback, and her smashes are relatively weak. In addition, whereas Takamaru is more about utilizing his sword in a dual grip, Sakura wields her blade primarily with one hand, and sheathes her blade after each strike or combo string is finished.

Her neutral special, Ouka Hoshin, is a chaser-style projectile that travels along the ground and applies a light damage debuff of 0.8 on impact for 5 seconds, with a rather large, but slow moving hitbox. Hyakka Ryoran, her side special, goes through shields and cancels projectiles but deals minimal shield damage, and makes her whole body a hitbox continuing for multiple hits, though opponents are launched after being hit with just one. It does not leave her in freefall though, and is designed to assist with her weak movement speed. Her down special, Makiwara-giri, acts both as a counter and as a weak hitbox on the straws, which deal a slight flinching damage to assist with connecting, and it deals great vertical knockback. Her up special shouldn't be anything too crazy, and go almost straight up, though not leaving her in freefall.

Finally, Sakura has two "gimmicks", though neither define her playstyle or change up her game plan in any meaningful way:
Rising Star - Whenever the crowd chants Sakura's name, she's given a light 1.15% attack and knockback buff for twelve seconds.
Shinguji Sword Training - Perfect shielding melee attacks have increased stun similar to Sora's Counter move, allowing Sakura essentially a free tilt or shorthop aerial attack to send the opponent away. Sakura is a master of counter-striking and knocking her opponents off balance.

Sakura's victory animations also all feature her canon love interest and player character, Ichiro Ogami, celebrating her victory with her.

All in all, Sakura is a surprisingly mobile fighter (despite her middling walk and run) with a focus on keeping opponents at range and forcing them to play into her strengths by approaching carelessly. Her lackluster damage and speed is made up for with incredible knockback and an unpredictable air game, though long combo strings are a foreign concept for her. She prefers to trap players with single digit strings that force them out of range, though she also has trouble closing the distance herself, and her inability to put shield pressure makes her struggle if an opponent is good at proper shielding, though like Marth in Melee, she has a deceptively long grab range. Her attacks are lightning fast, but deal pitiful damage and rarely combo into each other, though with proper spacing with a teammate, she'd be able to ping-pong enemies between herself and her ally like they were toys.
While that is a very thorough write up, I do want to get our community involved on this so it's not just one user is calling the shots and making decisions in regards to the character hence why I want to not get into the specials unless one is tied to a gimmick. This also includes additional misc content. I would like to see what others submit as well.

Collaterale1

Smash Cadet
While that is a very thorough write up, I do want to get our community involved on this so it's not just one user is calling the shots and making decisions in regards to the character hence why I want to not get into the specials unless one is tied to a gimmick. This also includes additional misc content. I would like to see what others submit as well.
We will wait then

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
She comes bearing weapons...

anna1.png

Red
anna2.png

Green
Thracia776
anna3.png

Purple
Caeda
anna4.png

Grey
Celicia
anna5.png

Orange
Brigid
anna6.png

Pink
Aimee
anna7.png

Light Purple
Deidre
anna8.png

Brown
Lillina
anna9.png

Blue
Lyn
anna10.png

Yellow
Erika
anna11.png

Magenta
Michaiah
anna12.png

White
Azure

All Anna alts either have to do with reoccurring female characters or lead female characters in FE games in chronological order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom