• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, spectators and submitters. Please remember to make a vote for each category. There's no option for Google Forms to require a vote in all three columns, so you really need to check. People who only vote for 1 or 2 of the three will have their votes invalidated. ALSO please make sure you have a SmashBoards account if you're planning to vote.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Haruka is the worst submission of this set, sorry. How do you make an idol work without a music-based moveset, which would be much better with a gimmick. And if we wanted a music gimmick, you already have a Rhythm Heaven character, or if you need another Namco character, Don-chan. Idolmaster is scraping the literal bottom of the barrel for Namco representation, and literally dozens of other franchises deserve the slot for Namco before this series - and even if you want an idol specifically, Miku would be the obvious choice (though whether or not she's a video game character is debatable.)
Geez, talk about an insult. Literally how is Idolm@ster a more bottom of the barrel pick than Valkyrie which you give a pass for being old enough for retro gaming standards? Just because there's exist another Rhythm game by Namco doesn't mean you have to make the other one lesser, and for the record I stand by what I just said, Idolm@ster is one of those game where you have their character sing the song that you played and has the most straight forward mechanic by just tapping notes.. how do you even do that in Smash? Syncing your attack with the beat of the music for Barista works because Rhythm Heaven is entirely action-based and every performance, whether it is good or bad effect the ending sequence while game like Idolm@ster have the rhythm part disconnected, even if you purposely make more mistakes the idols still sing relatively well without a single slipups and this action specifically is something the player aka the manager specifically do, so giving her a gimmick that she herself never do is just forcing at this point so that's why I propose to emphasize on her singing and dancing ability more because at the end of the day it's a rhythm game with idol as the main attraction and how you raise them to the top. I haven't even mentioned that the gimmick will also clash with how the music from her series is handled, all entirely vocalized.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of the voting....

Name3 Votes2 Votes1 VoteTotal
Asuka (Senran Kagura)1 (3)014
Alis (Phantasy Star Online)3 (9)3 (6)217
Sakura (Sakura Wars)4 (12)6 (12)125
Estelle (Trails)1 (3)2 ()429
Kasumi (Dead or Alive)1 (3)5 (10)013
Heather Morris (Silent Hill)3 (9)1 (2)112
Haruka (IDOLM@STER)0043
Terra (Final Fantasy)2 (6)2 (4)111
Valkyrie (Legend of Valkyrie)1 (3)2 (4)18
Shionne (Tales of Arise)1 (3)024
Ryza (Atelier Ryza)2 (6)039
KOS-MOS (Xenogears)5 (15)3 (6)526
Agnes (Bravely Default)0011

We had a huge batch of lovely ladies but, unfortunately, only one can win for this round. Which one will it be??? Check out the details below...

Due to the top two characters being very close and almost neck to neck almost the entire way, we decided to do a run-off vote for them to determine the thread's most wanted pick. This is also because KOS-MOS got one more 3 pointer vote than Sakura as well as more 1 pointer votes but Sakura nabbed an overwhelming amount of 2 pointer votes. This led us to the conclusion that the pick was undecisive and not representative of everyone's feelings on who should be picked. Therefore, we will be holding a run off vote for....

1644197304175.png
1644197330798.png

Sakura and KOS-MOS

Please use this voting form here...

RUN-OFF VOTE

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Damn, we're down to just Sakura and KOS-MOS now. KOS-MOS beating her by one vote, tho: if that's not telling of how much people want her, than I dunno what would. Sakura seems to be a worthy challenge to her, considering Sakura Wars' influence on the game industry, but goddangit both seem like really good candidates!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, second thing I wanted to bring to the thread:

1) I am still juggling my own personal life and ensuring this thread continues forward. I hope I can still keep this momentum up while also furthering myself. I have been considering a lot of different options but I am not about to stop the project due to personal issues. If that does come to pass and it looks like I can't keep it going, the worst case scenario is to put the project on hold until I can get myself straight. Ideally, I would appoint a successor. I am not at this stage but the next couple of months will be telling. To be truthful, my mental wellbeing has degenerated over the past month and suffered several panic attacks. I am recuperating but the catalysts still exist so I am working through them. This weekend was fairly good and one of the better ones for the past month thankfully but some of the things that have plagued me continue (fitful sleeping, anxiousness, lack of appetite (haven't eaten in almost 3 days), agitation and moodiness, and general depression and hopelessness.) I am usually the type that bounces back and never had any sort of mental issues or problems so this is a very new thing for me and it's been hitting me hard. I don't mind sharing personal details about my life but I always tried to hide any internal issues; especially those who know me IRL. So for me to explain this here is really out of my comfort zone in such a public setting rather than a discord group or DMs.

2) Based on what we saw earlier, I am highly considering restructuring how submissions are done and criteria for them as well as how we veto particular ones. Thanks to key people outside of the thread showing me some issues in our way of doing things, I want to make sure everyone feels welcomed and accommodated for. I am still in the process of developing a way for us to vet potentially problematic submissions and I will have it up and running for a trial period for our next newcomer submission.

3) I will be also instituting a number of rules along with this new submission criteria in regards to community interactions. The key aspect is to foster a positive and engaging community that welcomes new members rather than drive them away and encourages growth. These rules wont be stifling but will help in regards to potential problems that have arose in particularly problematic moments.

4) Probably most importantly, due to the number re-orders for our first Season Bundle and projections for Season 2 and 3, we have enough funds to add three additional characters to our season passes. So, due to marketing, we are keeping the first season pass to 4 characters but we have two more season passes afterwards that had four characters each. So, we have three more characters to add so how do you think we should situate these three additional fighters OOOOOOR should we add a fourth season with just three characters? These are our final additions meaning we won't be getting anymore as a result. Let us know!

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Okay I'm going to stop joking around.

Both characters are super awesome. Those of you in the Discord (and if you frequent the same corners of the website I frequent) know that I love KOS-MOS a completely normal amount. I would love love love to see how we approach probably one of my favorite characters in fiction ever, and I'd love to get more people to give Saga a try. I really think she's probably one of the best picks for this specific prompt, being a character with legacy that doesn't need to be gimmicky. That being said, Sakura is super cool as well. I first got introduced to her through Project X Zone, and I fell in love with the music from the series. Though I never got around to playing it, I really think she'd be an excellent addition to the thread based on what I do know and what everyone else has written. I'd be happy to get either and honestly I wish we could just get both. Anyways here's two of my favorite songs from both series because they deserve it.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
I fail to see what's wrong with either pick tbh.
Sakura is an extremely unknown character, which isn't a good thing for a paid DLC fighter. Not the end of the world, it didn't stop Terry. Just not my idea of a DLC pick.

KOS-MOS on the other hand...

That's a bullet to the head if I've ever seen one. I don't think I need to explain any further why I think KOS-MOS is a god awful pick. I think it's extremely tough to justify KOS-MOS when not enough people even care about seeing her series restart.

Either way, Lara got screwed and was banned for no reason.

#justiceforLara

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Sakura is an extremely unknown character, which isn't a good thing for a paid DLC fighter. Not the end of the world, it didn't stop Terry. Just not my idea of a DLC pick.

That's a bullet to the head if I've ever seen one. I don't think I need to explain any further why I think KOS-MOS is a god awful pick. I think it's extremely tough to justify KOS-MOS when not enough people even care about seeing her series restart.

#justiceforLara
You can check the most purchased Smash DLC on the eShop, Terry is the least purchased fighter and IIRC less purchased than a majority of the Mii costumes.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
You can check the most purchased Smash DLC on the eShop, Terry is the least purchased fighter and IIRC less purchased than a majority of the Mii costumes.
Not trying to start an argument here and I mean no offense to you by this but didn’t you previously say you felt this thread shouldn’t focus on profits and shouldn’t focus on what’s realistic? Why are you bringing up profits now?

anyways I do agree lara croft should have been in and would have likely been better than our two options but warpenguin55 warpenguin55 you don’t need to needlessly bash other characters people want and are genuinely happy about to make this point.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Not trying to start an argument here and I mean no offense to you by this but didn’t you previously say you felt this thread shouldn’t focus on profits and shouldn’t focus on what’s realistic? Why are you bringing up profits now?

anyways I do agree lara croft should have been in and would have likely been better than our two options but warpenguin55 warpenguin55 you don’t need to needlessly bash other characters people want and are genuinely happy about to make this point.
Honestly I just wanted an excuse to bring up a bit of trivia I knew - that being said, I think Warpenguin's post - regardless of what narriative it's trying to push - does make an interesting point about how the Smashboards DLC culture may be very different from the overall Smash DLC culture and how that makes the fictional-profit-driven nature of Infinite's DLC even harder to manage.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

#justiceforLara
But... we went over why Lara was banned though.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Commander_Alph Commander_Alph Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as hostile; I guess my personal bias came out there. I hate idolmaster because of oversaturation with it's memes, so I let that slip in. Sorry

As for the fight between KOSMOS and Sakura.. come on, give it to Sakura. She had people clamoring for a revival; KOSMOS's revival got canned because no one cared enough about here. She'd clearly be the more likely to sell, she's less obscure in her home country, and whereas Namco has plenty of good options left, Sakura (imo) is Sega's best option with Arle out of the running.

She has the legacy, and better stage and music potential considering her series is about both theater and battle. Xeno as a whole also already has content... SW does not. A new series and giving a fair shake to SEGA? Please, give her your vote.

To everyone who voted for her, thank you. From the bottom of my heart. I know it's cringe, but I have a deep passion for this series that I discovered about seven or so years ago, and the way I saw it treated by so many burned me and hurt me. People who said it deserved to remain in obscurity and wasn't worth your time, people who think the combat and social sim elements were terrible, and that just because they never gave it a shake here in the West meant it wasn't worth anything. It actually brings me to tears to see Sakura given this love here, and while I may not have been the most friendly person, or been a bit critical at times, it warms my heart that despite that you gave my girl an earnest shot.

I only recently found the admittedly small, but larger than expected, Sakura Wars fan community on Discord. I joined, and seeing such love for this forgotten gem of a bygone era given new life through fanart, fan translations, and eventually, a proper revival, gave me a small bit of happiness in a world that I've honestly grown to hate living in.

As the de-facto head of the Sakura for Smash movement, I thank each of you, even though it is for some silly little forum game.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

#justiceforLara
Lara was ineligible due to her being in a grey area of being a technical western rep but being owned by a Japanese company. I went with a gut feeling that said she was more so a western rep. There’s still chances for her later on in the seasons…

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of the Run-Off Vote for our female fighter from a Japanese company.

NamePoints
Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)13
KOS-MOS (Xenogears)11

Click down below to reveal the character!

It was yet again a close race which shows just how much pull both of these characters have but....

1644246661436.png

SAKURA SHINGUJI from Sakura Wars will be joining the Smash Infinite roster as our third selected DLC character. Please remember that we will be arranging characters 2, 3, and 4 to be more visually appealing once we get our final character for Season 1. Sakura will be bringing in her abilities from Sakura Wars along with Sega-related content. She has had a troubled history with Infinite with being submitted but have yet to get a victory so it's great to see her time finally come. We will commence on submitting Sakura content in the next few hours.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was pulling for Kos-Mos but I can't be mad about this. Sakura Wars is a really cool series. Congrats to her fans!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom