• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
While Dark Bowser has been eliminated from being playable, I’m defiantly glad that Dixie Kong got in. Now it’s 2 characters in my top 10 most wanted (joining Bandanna Dee)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Last First-Party Echo Results
Echo + SubmitterVotes
Morgan0
Blaziken2
Dark Bowser3
Black Shadow4
Leon Powalski4
Mr. Sandman4
Gooigi5
Raichu5
Spring Man 5
Ninten 5
Dry Bowser6
Alph 9
Black Knight 10
Pauline & Tiara 10
Birdo 15
The Amazon 15
Anna 18
Funky Kong 18
Dixie Kong 30!!!

Discussion Round
How will this echo differ from their original fighter counterpart? Is there a certain gimmick, will the echo only have animation differences, or will they only have some unique moves? Please discuss how this echo will stand out. We look forward to the ideas that will get thrown out. After this round, we'll start opening up moveset and misc. submissions.
1630099322701.png

i was the only person to vote for blaziken...

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Dixie should probably have one special that’s unique to her, and most normals would be the exact same. Some of them would be functionally similar but just have her use her ponytail instead-for example, up air would have her swing it up instead of Diddy kicking up.
Also kinda sad that Funky lost. I submitted him for every one of these rounds so obviously I’m somewhat nostalgic, but this was also basically the last chance he could’ve had-whereas Dixie could’ve gotten in as an original newcomer later on. It’s kind of like how Leon getting in meant Zero was gone for good. It was, however, an admirable second place finish and I had a lot of fun with that most recent write up, which is my favorite part of this thread anyways.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
dixie_tower_defense.exe​
Melon-pult (Plants vs. Zombies)
Category: Primary
Type: Attack
Class: Advanced ★★
Ability: Can be Enhanced at Lv. 99
  • Puppet Fighter: Piranha Plant [Green], Piranha Plant [Blue], Crazy Dave
  • Stage: House
  • Music Track: I forgot what the rooftop song is called and I don't want to check
  • Match: Stamina
  • Conditions:
    • Stamina Battle
      • Player [100 HP]
      • David [200 HP]
      • Plant [150 HP]
    • The enemy prefers Side Specials [Crazy Dave]
    • The enemy prefers Neutral Specials [Plant]
    • The enemy's neutral special has increased power [Plant]
    • The enemy starts the battle with a Freezie [Blue Plant]
Winter Melon (Plants vs. Zombies)
Type: Attack
Class: Ace ★★★
Ability: Unflinching Charged Smashes
  • Enhance the Melon-pult spirit
Phat Beet (Plants vs. Zombies 2)
Category: Support
Type: Neutral
Class: Novice ★
Ability: Earth Attack Up
  • Puppet Fighter: Barista [Purple], Crazy Dave
  • Stage: Beaumonde Arena
  • Music Track: Whatever song fits Neon Mixtape Tour
  • Conditions:
    • Stamina Battle
      • Player [100 HP]
      • David [200 HP]
      • Barista [150 HP]
    • The enemy prefers Down Specials [Crazy Dave]
    • Periodic Earthquakes will shake the stage
    • The enemy starts the battle with a POW Block [Barista]
Disco Zombie & Backup Dancers (Plants vs. Zombies)
Type: Neutral
Ability: Easy Rhythm
  • Puppet Fighter: King Dedede [Cyan], 4x Waluigi [Red]
  • Stage: Beaumonde Arena
  • Music Track: The nighttime song
  • Conditions:
    • Stamina Battle
      • Player [100 HP]
      • Dedede [200 HP]
      • Waluigis [150 HP]
    • The enemy likes to taunt
    • Enemy reinforcements will appear after a little while [Waluigis]
    • Defeat the main enemy to win [Dedede]

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Does anybody else think Dixie could have better air control, too? I mean, the girl's signature trick is air-based as is, so why not give her better air control than Diddy Kong, right?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Hey, Dixie won! Pretty rad.

That said, as her submitter, I wanna give a shoutout to Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario for his submission of the Amazon - what a cool idea! If Dixie hadn't won, I would've wanted this guy to. I'm actually doing a similar project to this as a personal idea for a Youtube series as an homage to this thread, and I may just have use for this one...

As for differences, as others have said, a bubblegum popgun with a sticking/slowing property, maybe her dash attack could be her spin, and the obvious hair-copter move. Diddy's kit got some changes that in Ultimate that actually make it work better for Dixie (no longer using his tail, which Dixie does not have), so hopefully that comes across better.

Her guitar? Cool as it is, I feel it should work as a taunt and victory animation.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I'm really glad that we added Dixie. Both Impa and Dixie are probably the most deserving echoes, so the fact that they both made it in at the last minute makes me quite happy.

In terms of differences with Diddy, I don't feel that it's all that important to change up her stats, as she could reasonably have near identical size, weight, speed, damage output, knockback, etc. Instead, our focus should definitely be on changing up her moveset. Having her ponytail as her up-B is mandatory and if we could also alter some of her tilts, aerials, throws, etc. to incorporate her hair, then that would be awesome. Honestly, it would only take a few changes to make her feel like Dixie.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Dixie Kong Moveset and Stat Submissions
We heard your voices and we made a decision regarding Dixie and her Echo moveset. Below will dictate the requirements for the submissions.

For Stats and Gameplay...

Please submit how Dixie would differ from Diddy in terms of stats and gameplay. Being an Echo, Dixie should be similar to Diddy to a degree but we are shooting for a Chrom/Ken situation for the character.

Below is the stat readout for Diddy Kong. This submission should also provide additional information in regards to how she could possibly play as...

Number of Jumps2
Weight90 Units (61/87)
Dash Speed2.006 (21/87)
Air Speed0.924 (74/87)
Fast Fall Speed2.8 (24/87)
Special AttributesCrouch Walk, Wall Jump, Wall Cling

For Movesets...
We will be changing up two of Dixie's movesets, the Neutral Special plus the Up Special. Below is how we will be doing this...

Neutral Special: Bubblegum Popgun
How would this attack work? What is its properties? Provide a short explanation how this attack would work.

Up Special: New Move
Dixie will have a new move aside from Diddy's, Please provide an explanation of this new move and how it works. If we don't get a submission or one that isn't realizable, we will go with Diddy's current one.

For the Final Smash,
We will be accepting submission for a new Final Smash for Dixie Kong. Much like above, we will go with Diddy's if a submission isn't submitted.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Dixie has slower running speed to reflect her stats from the classic dkc games and will have a lighter weight due to being the arial kong.
Natural Special

The projectile is weaker than the peanuts, but they have longer range, a fully charged bullet can also stun opponents with the gum

Up Special
Dixie Quickly uses her ponytail to pop off and then be sent into free fall, however this freefall is unique in that she can guide it more accurately and lightly damage enemies that collide with her, based off her rolling attack from dkc classic

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I thought about an idea for Dixie's Final Smash for a while now, Would if She summons Kiddie Kong and they use that motor vehicle from DKC3 to ram opponents in the water.

Edit: I don't know what else to put since i have not played Donkey Kong Country 3

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Neutral Special: Bubblegum Popgun:

A chargeable projectile like Diddy's Peanut Popgun, but charging is indicated by a large pink bubble being blown out of the barrel of the gun. It is usually slow upon release, but deals 1.3x more damage than a peanut. However, if you're hit while charging this attack or your attack reaches maximum charge, it deals as much as a peanut, but your opponent will be dealt the Gum effect, which limits their movement to about 1 Pichu to the left or right, and greatly reduces their jump height. This lasts for about as long as K. Rool's pre-nerf D-throw or until the afflicted is hit.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
More Plants

Snow Pea (Plants Vs. Zombies)
Type: Primary Shield
Effect: Water/Ice Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Ice Climbers (Blue/Green)
  • Stage: House (Day)
  • Music Track: Grasswalk
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions: The enemy favors Neutral Special, Hazard: Ice Floor
Repeater (Plants Vs. Zombies)
Type: Primary Attack, 2 Slots
Effect: Can be Evolved at Lv. 99
  • Puppet Fighter: Ivysaur x2 (Green), Crazy Dave x2 (Green)
  • Stage: House (Day)
  • Music Track: Grasswalk
  • Conditions: The enemy favors Neutral Special, The enemy favors Side Special (Crazy Dave)
Gatling Pea (Plants Vs. Zombies)
Class: Ace ★★★
Type: Primary Attack, 3 Slots
Effect: Weapon Attack ↑
  • Evolve from Repeater
Puff-shroom (Plants Vs. Zombies)
Type: Primary Neutral, 0 Slots
Effect: None
  • Puppet Fighter: Tiny Luigi x10 (Purple)
  • Stage: House (Night)
  • Music Track: Moongrains
  • Match: Stock (1), Time (1:00)
  • Conditions: The enemy favors Neutral Special, Defeat a Horde of enemies
Fume-shroom (Plants Vs. Zombies)
Type: Support Attack, 3 Slots
Effect: Poison Damage Reduced
  • Purchase From Beedle's Shack
Blover (Plants Vs. Zombies)
Type: Support Shield
Effect: Fog-Immunity, 2 Slots
  • Puppet Fighter: Piranha Plant (Green), Crazy Dave (Green)
  • Stage: House (Fog)
  • Music Track: Rigor Mormist
  • Conditions: The enemy Favor's Up Special (Crazy Dave, Piranha Plant), Hazard: Strong Wind
Garlic (Plants Vs. Zombies)
Effect: Irreversible Controls, 2 Slots
  • Puppet Fighter: Wario (White), Crazy Dave
  • Stage: House (Roof)
  • Music Track: Graze the Roof
  • Conditions: The enemy favors Neutral Special (Crazy Dave), Your controls will suddenly flip
Marigold (Plants Vs. Zombies)
Type: Support Neutral
Effect: Lip's Stick Equipped
  • Purchase from Timmy & Tommy's Store
Sun-shroom (Plants Vs Zombies)
Effect: Hothead Equipped
  • Puppet Fighter: Tiny Inkling, Inkling, Giant Inkling (Default)
  • Stage: House (Night)
  • Music Track: Moongrains
  • Conditions: Defeat the enemy in a no frills battles
Umbrella Leaf (Plants Vs. Zombies)
Effect: Perfect-Shield Reflect, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Pit (Green), Crazy Dave (Green)
  • Stage: House (Roof)
  • Music Track: Graze the Roof
  • Conditions: The enemy favors Down Special (Pit), The enemy favors Up Throw (Crazy Dave), Only Certain Pokémon will appear from Poké Balls (Gardevoir)

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Our New Third Parties Other list is certainly interesting to say the least. I've sorted them into a couple categories for your viewing... pleasure? This is only referring to spirits, though there are some series which we've added such as Space Invaders and Darkstalkers which haven't got any spirits yet.

Dig Dug
Mappy
Fallout
BIT.TRIP
Rabbids
We should probably be focusing most on this category, which includes series such Assassin's Creed, Undertale, Skyrim, Tales of, Goemon, Devil May Cry, and plenty of Namco ones featured in Namco Roulette or Retro Medleys, which are all without spirits yet have some other form of content in smash.

Sega:Capcom:Bandai Namco:Square Enix:Microsoft:SNK:Ubisoft:
Puyo Puyo
Ristar
Super Monkey Ball
Billy Hatcher
Catherine
Captain Commando
Cyberbots
Versus
Rival Schools
Ace Attorney
Xenosaga
Namco x Capcom
The World Ends With You
Balan Wonderland
Battletoads
Conker
Viva Piñata
The Last Blade
Buck Bumble
Quite a few here, but also quite a few more we could add like Frogger, Chrono Trigger, Tomb Raider, Okami, Klonoa, NiGHTS, Samba de Amigo, SMT, Metal Slug etc.

Bubsy
Bioshock
Drawn to Life
Angry Birds
Cut The Rope
Fortnite
Could be worse... However, there are some glaring omissions here such as Cooking Mama, Professor Layton, Yokai Watch, Ninja Gaiden etc.

Alien Hominid
Cave Story
Braid
Castle Crashers
Super Meat Boy
Binding of Isaac
Skullgirls
Crypt of the NecroDancer
Rivals of Aether
Dead Cells
A Hat in Time
Celeste
Among Us
Blade Strangers
Bloodstained
Untilted Goose Game
The Stretchers
Bug Fables
The Longing
Fall Guys
This is without including all the series that have been sent to Spirit Limbo or Spirit Hell...

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I know we've technically moved on by this point, but it still feels a little bizarre we actually added PVZ to this game. I haven't played this series in AGES...
While I haven’t been much of a fan of the series direction under…. EA, the first game will always have a special place in my heart and I’m glad we added it in the end. And the series itself has more than earned a spot in Smash in terms of how big it’s become in the genre of tower defense and gaming in general.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Do we have a plan for completing all the alts by launch day?

I was thinking we could partially outsource some of the later ones to those respective characters' Socials, but that could come off as annoying or disruptive.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Do we have a plan for completing all the alts by launch day?

I was thinking we could partially outsource some of the later ones to those respective characters' Socials, but that could come off as annoying or disruptive.
While we are trying to get everything ready before launch, alts are not a huge concern. We get 3-6 max per job which leads me to think they aren’t as important as some of our other jobs.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will be posting our final decision regarding Dixie Kong’s Specials and gameplay in a little bit but I do want us to move into adding the additional content for Dixie Kong

This includes:
Taunts (4)
Entrance Animation (1)
Idle Poses (2)
Victory Animations (3)
Kirby Hat (1)
Boxing Ring Title (1)
Snake Codec (1)
Palutena’s Guidance (1)
Classic Mode (1)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Entrance Animation: A barrel explodes and Dixie floats down with her Propeller Ponytail maneuver and lands on the ground.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Victory Pose 1
Dixie is turned around blowing a bubble of gym which pops followed by dixie giving a thumbs up

Victory Pose 2
Dixie does some air tricks with her ponytail followed by some quick gymnastics before pointing her finger up in victory.

Victory Pose 3
(Of course you cant have the guitar.)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As for the Dixie Kong moveset and gameplay,

Dixie’s Gimmick: Ponytail Float
Much like Peach and Daisy, Dixie can float in the air temporarily by spinning rapidly. It has. A longer duration than those two and has been priority but also suffers from landing lag.

Neutral Special: Bubblegum Popgun GolisoPower GolisoPower
A chargeable projectile like Diddy's Peanut Popgun, but charging is indicated by a large pink bubble being blown out of the barrel of the gun. It is usually slow upon release, but deals 1.3x more damage than a peanut. However, if you're hit while charging this attack or your attack reaches maximum charge, it deals as much as a peanut, but your opponent will be dealt the Gum effect, which limits their movement to about 1 Pichu to the left or right, and greatly reduces their jump height. This lasts for about as long as K. Rool's pre-nerf D-throw or until the afflicted is hit.

Up Special: Haircopter Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Dixie quickly uses her ponytail to pop off and then be sent into free fall, however this freefall is unique in that she can guide it more accurately and lightly damage enemies that collide with her. Based off her rolling attack from DKC classic.

And while we never considered this in asking for submissions…

Dixie largely differs from Diddy in her grab game.She has distance grab where she stretches out her ponytail and grabs the nearest opponent. She then things the opponent back to her and holds them with her hair. The throws fundemtanlly remain the same with a few slightdifferences.

Pummel: Pony Crunch
She squeezes the opponent with her hair

Forward Throw: Heaves back and throws the opponent. Based on her barrel throw from the DKC games. Very siniliar in application and results as Diddy’s

Back Throw: Nearly identical to Diddy’s. Simple back throw.

Down Throw: Nearly identical but with some start up lag.

Up Throw: Much unlike Diddy’s but she chucks the opponent straight into the air instead of kicking them.

As for her Final Smash, I thought of an idea that uses the idea put forth by ivanlerma ivanlerma while also keeping true to Rocketbarrel Barrage. I feel this is the best alternative considering Dixie is already very different than Diddy.

Rocketbarrel Family Barrage
Dixie calls forth her cousin, Kiddy Kong. Together, they straight on Rocketbarrels and zip zap about the stage; dealing generally more hits than Diddy but with less damage to balance it out. Kiddy will loose his rocket which homes into the opponent as Dixie lets her go and floats back down to the stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom