• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Now that it's not 3am anymore:
Job 86: Felix, the Forgotten Warrior of Vale
Golden Sun.png

The main protagonists of each Golden Sun game. Left to right (Isaac, Felix, Matthew) Art by NaZyrus and Nibroc Rock

1. Who is Felix?
MaskedFelix.png
Felix is a major character whose impact rings throughout the Golden Sun saga. He is introduced during the first Golden Sun game during the prologue. During this heart-wrenching scene, we watch hopelessly as Felix, his parents, and Isaac's father are swept away and presumably killed by a storm. This happens in front of the main characters' eyes - including his younger sister Jenna's. 3 years later, as Isaac, Garet, and Jenna make their way through Sol Sanctum on an assignment, they meet a masked figure: Felix, who is revealed to have survived the events of the Storm. Following this, he appears as a major antagonist (not villain!) throughout the first game, aiding Saturos, Menardi, and Alex in their quest to relight the lighthouses and bring alchemy back into the world.

ShebaVenusLighthouse.png
Following the deaths of Saturos and Menardi, Venus Lighthouse is lit at the climax of Golden Sun. Its violent shaking causes Sheba to slip off the aerie and she is basically doomed to die. However, Felix demonstrates his humanity and jumps after Sheba, leading to the events of the second game. Golden Sun: the Lost Age opens with Jenna escaping the lighthouse with Kraden, a scholar. The duo find Felix and Sheba on a shore, strength exhausted from swimming. After a few humorous cutscenes where Felix checks if his limbs are intact, the player now takes control of the antagonist and usurps Saturos and Menardi's quest to relight the lighthouses. I won't go into further detail, but throughout the game, Felix is shown to be a more compassionate hero than Isaac was. After the duology of the Lighthouses ends - a new one begins. Though Felix makes no appearance in Dark Dawn, his legacy has left controversy throughout the land. He is hailed a hero as is Isaac, however, he is portrayed less of one.

Felix has had Smash prominence since Brawl! While he only physically appears as an advanced (ace in Infinite) spirit, Felix has been in the series since Brawl. The song Battle Scene / Final Boss (Golden Sun), arranged by the series composer Motoi Sakuraba is an a remix of Felix's theme and the final boss theme of The Lost Age. Isaac's and Felix's themes are significantly different - depending on whether Isaac or Felix is the leader of the party in The Lost Age, their respective battle theme will play. So yes, Felix does have prominence (and arguably, has been in the series longer than Isaac considering his AT was absent from Smash 4).

FelixFront2.gif

3. Function as an Echo
Format stealing from Krook aside, Felix is a Venus Adept just like Isaac. What does this mean to someone who has not played Golden Sun? Felix is an Earthbender. He, like Isaac, is naturally attuned to manipulating the earth. His domain is over rocks, sand, plants and the like. In Golden Sun, the two play nearly identically in their default classes (Squire class). The only major difference, however, is their stats. While you may ask: why not just make Felix an identical clone of Isaac then? The Lost Age, Felix's starring role introduces several new summons and psynergies that can allow Felix a wider move pool. Aside from Isaac's throws, all of his moves pull from psynergy in the first Golden Sun. This can allow for us to pull from The Lost Age for the job's special and Final Smash. For example, instead of Judgement, we can use Catastrophe, a summon introduced in The Lost Age.

Aside from moves, Felix also has the potential to be mechanically different in a competitive sense. I imagine Felix to be slightly stronger and heavier than Isaac as a result of his time training in Prox with the villains. Additionally, he has access to a unique psynergy called "Sand" that can be used during rolls. Like Samus and Dark Samus before him, this change of hitbox could either make Felix laggier or faster (depending on the implementation) than Isaac. Overall, Felix has the capability to be an echo with variation.
4. Addressing Problems and other Information
The largest issue I see in the way of Felix is why we should even add him. Felix is echoing a newcomer from a niche, dead JRPG series. This is a valid argument, however, one that should be ignored. As stated by Masahiro Sakurai himself, it doesn't matter if the character is recognizable, it only matters if they are fun to play. The way I see it, Smash Bros. is a way for Nintendo to show off and advertise their versatility as a developer (Despite the 8 Fire Emblem characters and the inevitable one we will add). The additions of third parties show their willingness to collaborate with other companies. Because of this, it is clear that many are introduced to several new series because of Smash. Isaac and Felix represent something Nintendo has done in the past but no longer does - traditional turn based RPGs. I'm basically rambling about Smash speculation at this point so I'll end this point and go onto the next.

If you haven't already - please listen to Felix's theme. There's a reason why it got into Smash.

Because of how he is portrayed in the Golden Sun series, I consider Felix a "rival" character akin to Kirby and Meta Knight. Debuting as an antagonist, then a protagonist, then a questionable figure in history, Felix could definitely be written as a villain if so necessary. Some NPCs even describes Saturos and Menardi's group (including Felix) at one point in the game as being very forceful (for lack of a nicer word) as they make their way to the lighthouse.

That will conclude my thoughts about Felix at this point, so please consider voting for my baby hobo boy.​

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Based on the current poll,

9A616977-EFF6-44FE-96BE-913E8E0B9F79.jpeg

We will be including @PeridotGX’s Budget Proposal on how to utilize the money from the Twitter Deal.

I find it funny how this implies that negotiating for Fortnite Jonesy would cost an equal amount of money as negotiating for Sans Undertale. And not in the sarcastic, snide way - i think it's hilarious. Anyways...

Old Series 1st party x2 - 1.4
Old Series 1st party stage x5 - 2.4
New Mode - 2.95
Old Series 1st party items x5 - 3

plus a few dozen old series 3rd party stages, seeing as they're free.
Based on these, we will be including the following content:

2 more Characters from a preexisting series.
5 more Stages from a preexisting series
5 more Items from a preexisting series

1 new Game Mode

I want to take the time to personally thank people for submitting these proposals and taking the time to create truly interesting and fun proposals. I especially am grateful for the time people took to vote. I know that perhaps some tempers were raised due to dissatisfaction with voting and I understand why some may feel not happy about it. We will be holding fighter negotiations with companies in the future and I do have ideas planned so please look forward to that!

We are currently submittinga brand new echo fighter and, afterward, I plan to jump directly into our Smash April Direct! We will be including globs of new content so please be prepares for that!

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Job 86: Echo Fighter

Alias: The Driver of the Aegis (Alt: The Master Driver)

Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles) | Heroes Wiki | Fandom

Rex Drives into battle!

(Echo of Pyra/Mythra)

After development issues took their toll on him, Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 finally joins the battle alongside his blades as their own echo! Rex is able to switch between the Aegis' two swords and channel their Firepower or Light Speed at will!

Attributes:

Since he's only one character, Rex's attributes are more like an in-between of Pyra and Mythra. While Rex is heavier with Pyra's Sword and faster with Mythra's, the difference is far less night-and-day.

Changed Special: Up Special: Anchor Shot

Rex shoots his salvager anchor diagonally from his wrist and uses it as a tether recovery that knocks opponents a tiny bit in the direction Rex is facing if it hits. On the ground, he shoots it forward instead, granting him a bonus effect based on who's sword he's using if the attack connects. If he's using Pyra's sword, Rex pulls the enemy in and hits them with a strong slash of the sword, which is a good long-range (in comparison to his sword) option for KOs, making up for his loss of Prominence Revolt. If Mythra's sword is active, he doesn't pull or push the enemy, but trips them, giving him an opportunity to punish with a combo.

Final Smash: Blade Combo

Rex calls the active Blade for a starting attack, which sends anyone hit into a cinematic. The two are then joined by two ally duos from Xenoblade 2 (Nia/Dromarch & Tora/Poppi if Pyra, Zeke/Pandoria & Morag/Brighid if Mythra). The ally duos each perform an art, and Rex delivers a finishing blow. The knockback or damage is slightly increased to make up for the lack of an on-stage attack, depending on the blade.

Entrance:

The reverse of Aegis. Pyra/Mythra enter the field first, and toss Rex their sword before exiting.

Taunts:

Up Taunt: The reverse of the Aegis's Up Taunt. The active blade appears and waves to Rex, with Rex raising his hand back at them in a wave-like manner.

Side Taunt: Rex puts his thumb on his chest and proudly exclaims "Don't Forget Me!" Yes I did sneak that in

Edit: I originally wrote "Think You Can Take Me!?" when I meant to write "Don't Forget Me!"

Down Taunt: Rex pumps his fist in the air and says "Okay! Bring it on!"

Victories:

The first is the same, regardless of Rex's sword, but the second and third are based on which Sword he had active at the end of the match. The first is used in team battles as MVP, and the second is used when he is not the MVP.

1: Rex, holding his sword, puts it on his back and walks towards the camera, brushing his hands together and saying "Eheeheee! Easy peasy!"

2: Rex tosses Pyra's sword up, catches it, and places it in the ground, holding the top or bottom (depending on how you look it it) of the hilt, with Pyra shouting "That was wonderful, Rex!", with Rex responding "We can do this all day!"

3: Reverse of Pyra's. Rex holds his sword in front of his face (a reference to a certain piece of art, BTW), lowers it, and Pyra joins him in raising it up in the air.

2: Reverse of Mythra's. Rex swings his sword around a bit, with Mythra granting him power. Rex says "I could've done this blindfolded!", where Mythra responds "Not bad, Rex." (Mythra doesn't appear in the team version)

3: Rex and Mythra are standing next to each other, where Rex puts his arm around Mythra's shoulder. Mythra blushes and gets away from him. Before he can even realize what's going on, she slaps him, sending him into the camera, breaking it. The victory screen freeze-frames when the camera breaks.

Alts:

Odd-Numbered alts are the Rex you all know, while even-numbered alts are his Master Driver outfit, which use an alternate Boxing Ring alias.

1: Normal

3: Yellow outfit with white and brown gloves and boots, referencing his closest ally besides Pyra/Mythra: Nia

5: Black outfit and hair, with brown parts replaced with red, referencing Rex's Enemy-turned close ally Morag Ladair: Special Inquisitor of Mor Ardain

7: Black Skin-tone and white hair paired with a green outfit with gold parts replaced by blue, referencing another ally Vandham.

2: Master Driver

4: Darker blue master Driver outfit with a darker skin tone and hair to match, black parts turned beige and green parts turned gold, referencing Rex's close ally with questionable tendencies: Tora

6: Silver hair and Dark Gray Master Driver outfit with blue parts becoming silver, and darkened green parts, referencing another Enemy-turned close ally Zeke Von Genbu:Bringer of Chaos! Also known as Zeke! or the Zekenator!

8: White hair and darker skin-tone, with Red Master Driver outfit, with green parts replaced by white and blue parts replaced by a pale purple, referencing Xenoblade X protagonist and bonus Boss/Blade: Elma.

Kirby Hat:

Kirby gets Rex's hairstyle, and gets the then-active Aegis sword on his back. It is large enough for players to easily tell whether he has access to Flame Nova or Lightning Buster.

Why Rex?

Rex is from one of the few games to have a playable fighter without the main character/face of the game.
Furthermore, in their source game, the drivers are the ones to do the fighting, while Blades only supply power for them through ether energy.

Making Rex an Echo fighter would be an almost-perfect way to represent the missed factors without changing anything about Pyra and Mythra, while sacrificing little in terms of development time.

Addressing Issues:

Note: The name of Rex's Down Special is changed from "Switch to ___" to "Blade Switch", but barring the lack of a character change, it is the same move. If it is still an issue, please let me know.

While Rex's shorter height may seem to be an issue, there are other duos of fighter and echo with different heights, such as Roy/Chrom, and Peach/Daisy. If this is still an issue, there are mods that make use of Rex's in-game model over Shulk with little issue, meaning that he can be edited to work.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

View attachment 311153
Balan (Balan Wonderworld)
Class: Advanced - ★★
Type: Support Defense
Slots: ⬡
Effect: Autoheal
Puppet Fighter: White Joker
Stage: WarioWare, Inc.
Music Track: Fossil Falls
Match: Stock (1)
Conditions:
  • Defeat the main fighter to win
  • The enemy has an extra mid-air jump.

The spirit theme gave me the idea to do this. The game's a mess but whatever XD it didn't stop [REDACTED] from having spirits or [REDACTED] from being a fighter.

(Names censored to prevent flamewars.)
Min Min?

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Booster
Debut Game: Super Mario RPG
Novice Class Shield Primary (No Effect)
Song: Forest Maze
Stage: Dracula's Castle (Battlefield Form)
Opponents: Wario (Red Biker Alt)
Conditions: Items spawn in large amounts (Cake).
Hey what the spirit theme currently

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Hey what the spirit theme currently
Hey Hey Hey It's time for the next Spirit Event, I was picked next so here it is

The Next Spirit Event is: One-Offs: Characters from games that never had sequels or other games. (smash does not count towards this)

Submitting a Spirit/Spirit Battle

1) The Spirit must be from a game or series that has been on a Nintendo system at some point in time.
2) The Spirit must be relevant and important to the series are derived from.
3) While not always required, it’s preferred the Spirit must have artwork to accompany it instead if in-game sprites. Please provide an artwork of the Spirit for our Spirit Team.
4) All Spirits must have the appropriate information regarding their Spirit info and Battle info. This includes type, class, and ability for Spirits and puppet fighter, stage, music, and conditions for the Battles.
5) If submitting a rather obscure, off-the-wall, or particularly controversial Spirit, you may be asked to defend your reasoning as to why it should become a Spirit before it can be approved.
6) Please submit a Spirit along with an artwork of it. This allows us to add the Spirit to our wikia database.

Submission Process

Please submit only three Spirits for the Theme Event. While most Spirits will be ok’d by the Spirit Team, some may be disqualified if there isn’t actual art availiable for them or if the content seems impossible to implement. If this is the case, then we will alert the submitter of this issue so they can do a replacement.
Spirit Regulation

We have a great Spirit list but, looking at it, we have a lot of series bloated up with Spirits and other series not so much. We will no longer have a completely open submission process. Instead, we will have both our usual Spirit Theme submissions as well as Task Submissions. Task Submissions are a set of multiple guidelines in submitting a Spirit that we can follow to help make the Spirit List more expansive for every series.

We will still be holding off on adding Spirits until the wikia is up to speed. Once I get the ok, we will begin our Task Submissions.

If you include a Spirit Battle,

Here is a list of every Spirit from Ultimate + Sequel
Here are some other things to note
if the series has a spinoff that is unrelated to the numbering of the main series, the Spinoff would count granted they don't have a sequel.
That is another one I will have to unfortunately turn down. But those ones are definitely a more case-by-case basis. Paper Mario has some pretty famous sequels but say for instance you do a series that has 2 games and one of them is a remake or an unknown mobile game then I would count those.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm not 100% sure this qualifies. This is a game that was originally released in Japan as a spin-off but advertised abroad as a numbered sequel. Either way, it never got any sequels.

70AB6630-280C-457C-AE84-1880C543E103.gif
Pac-Man (Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures)

Ace class primary - shield, no trait

Stage: Pac-Land

Music: Mumbo's Mountain

Allies: Pac-Man (blue bands)

Opponents: Red Kirby x ∞, default Kirby x ∞, blue Kirby x ∞, orange Kirby x ∞

Rules: Friendy fire is on, Pac-Man doesn't attack except when his Final Smash meter is full, Pac-Man's FS meter will randomly fill, keep Pac-Man alive for 2 minutes, stamina, Pac-Man taunts often.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Replacing my KoF for Girls spirit with this

1618400328362.png
RiCO ( Rockman X DiVE)
Class: Advanced
Type: Support Defense
Slots: ⬡⬡
Effect: Irreversible Controls
Puppet Fighter: :ultpyra:(blue), :ultmegaman:
Stage: Wily's Castle
Music Track:
Match: stock (1)
Conditions:
  • Hostile Assist Trophy will appear (Zero)

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Submissions are closed now, we will now proceed with voting for the Echo. As always, Ranked Voting is in effect. You can vote for your own submission, though you can only put them as your second or third pick. So ultimately only giving them 2 or 1 points respectively. Please pick the ones you think make the most sense. Here are all the submissions...

Holy ****, that's a ****ton. To remind everyone, other people have written posts of support for Shadow and Galacta Knight clarifying how they'd work and why they'd make sense, it doesn't hurt to read these as well if you're thinking of voting for them. Anyways, have fun voting everyone.

We will announce the voting results for the Mii Costumes later. Don't worry, we didn't forget lol.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Mii Gunner Costume Results
Todd Snap Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 20
Serah Commander_Alph Commander_Alph 9
Mike Anderson Speed Weed Speed Weed 4
Susie BowserKing BowserKing 15
Hard Boiled Heavy Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 5
Buck Bumble cashregister9 cashregister9 33!!
Demonica Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide 11
Galarian Slowbro SmasherMaster SmasherMaster 25
Kamek Yiptap Yiptap 10
1618411181495.png

With a comfortable lead Buck Bumble will be our Mii Gunner Costume! Can't say that I ever see Buck Bumble being a Mii Costume in a smash game made by Nintendo, but I guess thats the beauty of democracy. Now that Buck Bumble is a mii costume, and has a music track, He definitely deserves to be made into a spirit, if he didn't already. (What do you know, he happens to qualify for the current spirit theme hint hint (someone please make him please)). Thank you to everyone who submitted a Mii Gunner Costume, and congrats to cashregister 9 for the winning submission!​

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Kamek Yiptap Yiptap 10
View attachment 311259
With a comfortable lead Buck Bumble will be our Mii Gunner Costume! Can't say that I ever see Buck Bumble being a Mii Costume in a smash game made by Nintendo, but I guess thats the beauty of democracy. Now that Buck Bumble is a mii costume, and has a music track, He definitely deserves to be made into a spirit, if he didn't already. (What do you know, he happens to qualify for the current spirit theme hint hint (someone please make him please)). Thank you to everyone who submitted a Mii Gunner Costume, and congrats to cashregister 9 for the winning submission!​
I actually submitted a BB spirit but it was removed. Better bump to the boom to the bassed Spirit team!

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Kamek Yiptap Yiptap 10
View attachment 311259
Our new costume needs a theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom