• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which Rayman stage should we include?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
YES! Finally! Klonoa gets some respect! Like, I know I haven't been nearly as active for this game compared to the original, but dagnabbit I will find a way to contribute to this, mark my words!

Even though I still have no idea what some of these jobs even mean. That whole thing where I suddenly stopped getting updates for this place REALLY threw me off, and is partially why I haven't been as active.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
YES! Finally! Klonoa gets some respect! Like, I know I haven't been nearly as active for this game compared to the original, but dagnabbit I will find a way to contribute to this, mark my words!

Even though I still have no idea what some of these jobs even mean. That whole thing where I suddenly stopped getting updates for this place REALLY threw me off, and is partially why I haven't been as active.
Whmuch jobs are you confused about?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I still don't know what a "Festival" is, or why people tend to submit literally anything for those jobs.
From the front page:

Post-Launch Festivals
Festivals are post-launch "live update model" systems that focus on bringing content to players post-launch in the aforementioned Smash Hub world that was mentioned in Game Modes. Upon logging into the Smash Hub once an update is ready, it will automatically start to update so you can jump into the festivities. Festivals are typically announced several days in advance with a warning to back up any data in case something is lost during the update. For bigger events, more time is allocated with typically a general reminder to back up data. Updates typically take a few minutes to 5 minutes in length. Upon updating and accessing the Hub, players can begin participating in the festival's events and getting content.

In order to get content, players can either use (A) in-game gold, (B) real-world money, or (C) winning in Online Tournaments, completing Spirit Boards or Events. Content doesn't only include Mii Costumes, Character Alternate Costumes, and Collectibles Music, but even characters, stages, and other game-related content. While some of these items are time-sensitive, more visible content such as stages would be available outside the festival time but at a higher price than when it could be purchased. It may also return in other Festivals or in a "year-after"-type situation. Below is a list of Festivals, when they appear, and what they contain...

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I still don't know what a "Festival" is, or why people tend to submit literally anything for those jobs.
Essentialy live service content. We now have an in game hub for online play, like many other fighting games. This can eve explored and travelled around in. Festivals are seasonal events that players take part in to unlock content, be they mii costumes or things to personalise your hub with. Think like Fortnite seasons. These may be themed around real world seasons or more general themes. Festivals may come with a character but not always. Things that can be unlocked include speeders and airships, which get you around the hub, items for your hub, poses for your mii, and animal pals to follow you around the hub, as well as regular game content like spirts, costumes and more. TH his is deluxe's big New mode

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As we did the "Fighter's Pass" format during Infinite, I wanted something different that not only set it apart from Infinite but even felt like an entirely new experience. I want to make the content more varied but I am still falling into the same "rinse and repeat" structure I found myself in previously. This time just with additional content. I want to have more variety with our submissions hence why I am trying to for creative themes for Festivals like our upcoming Franchise-specific theme.

The "anything" you mention perhaps falls into one of several areas:

Mii Costumes
Character Festive Colors and Costumes
Collectibles for your Mii Avatar (airship where players use to arrive to the HUB upon starting the game up, speeders to get from point a to point b, held items, pals that follow you around, effects that add to your Mii, Poses to do in the Hub world, and more)
Currency related to the Festival that is used to purchase the items
Changes to this Hub World
Global Events related to the Festival
Stage Variations related to the Festival
Additional content such as a new stage, item, assist, boss, smash dungeon, etc
Spirits and Tounraments

We don't always submit for these as, sometimes, we don't get many if none at all for a particular job so I try to fill in the space for what is not included

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will begin to flesh out Klonoa! I managed to have some time to finish out the series symbol (which I dislike so I may redo it) and the stock. You can find them here:

We will begin to....

Submit Klonoa Moveset Content

I will be honest, I know NEXT TO NOTHING about Klonoa and, while I research a particular character that I am unsure about, I did not do any research about Klonoa. I will even admit I didn't even know Klonoa fully until now. For some reason, I thought he was from a different game for some reason. So I suppose I am eager to learn more about Klonoa through this submission process. That being said, I am unsure if the character needs to have any gimmick or character trait hence why I am opening that to you.

If you feel Klonoa needs a character trait/gimmick, please write it down and try to "convince me" that he needs one.

Other than that, we will be submitting both Specials and Normals as per usual. I know I don't usually archive Normals and that is due to a lack of submissions but also a lack of space and time but I do intend to archive them on the Wiki page.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Neutral Special: Wind Bullet:
1707694880186.png

A projectile that has been a staple in the series since its birth. Klonoa uses this to stun and inflate enemies Dig-Dug-style, after which he can use them as either an extra projectile to hit other enemies or as an extra jump.

In Smash, Klonoa will fire a burst of green energy in front of himself, turning any foe that hits into a ball similar to Venom's Giga Machina System Instant Kill from Guilty Gear XRD. In fact, Sol's ball form will look exactly like he does there:
1707695045662.png

This is a semi-bury state where their fall speed gets reduced to Jigglypuff's. While they're Winded, Klonoa can do one of the following:
  • Take advantage of their now-enlarged hurtbox to continue combos at the cost of reducing the bury timer.
  • Pick them up with A/B and throw them as though they were a Crate, dealing 14% upon contact with the ground.
  • The player can press Jump while nearby a Winded foe to make a more powerful third jump while cleansing their state for 5% damage.

F-tilt: Wind Sword:
1707695564424.png

Klonoa will draw the wind sword to perform a backhanded stab. This deals 5.5% damage and weak knockback, making it good for set-up situations.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Up B - Moo Jump
Klonoa would lift his wind ring upwards while a Moo, a common enemy from the Klonoa appears ontop of it. Klonoa shouts it "Wa Hoo!" and thrusts the wind ring down which tosses the Moo downwards, dealing knockback damage to the enemy while also boosting himself high into the air.

Down B - Beam Gnome
Klonoa summons a shield of energy from the wind ring called the Beam Gnome and uses it as his down special. Klonoa can turn on the beam gnome shield where he dash forward a short distance with the shield active. The shield can deal some damage, but its mainly nullifying incoming damage. it can absorb projectiles and block standard attacks.

Final Smash - Thunder Hurricane
Klonoa jumps into the air and begins spin around very quickly. Multiple lightning bolts strikes down onto the stage everywhere, racking up damage if the opponent is directly hit on them. After an onslaught of attacks, Klonoa excitedly lands on the ground while putting his wind ring up with a wink.

Last edited:

keleyeemoh

Smash Apprentice
Wait, so the runoff and the Pokémon Mii costume were in the same poll. Did I miss something, or did we not get the results for the Mii costume?

sal ig

Smash Apprentice
i think we should include the floating ability. I personally think klonoa should be a fighter more focused on the wind element so giving him more of a focus on aerial movement and aerial attacks could work and another reason why is that none of the recent picks that we chose have a sort of unique mechanic to their jumps and some variety would be cool to have. how the floating mechanic would work is that klonoa would flap his ears to hover a little when you hold the jump button however, he can only do this once unless he is attacked while air born.

foward air - Pulls out the arm cannon from the RPG and fires a spike ball. This is like the sling shot Villager and Isabelle have expect its stronger but comes out slower. The force of the shot also sends Klonoa backwards a little bit. Can be reflected.
1447e81329d7659fb19cae3459be3ecdc2e1875ar1-386-443v2_hq.jpg

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry I have been busy but there are the results of the Pokemon vote

Name5 Points4 Points3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Meowscarda6 (30)3 (12)2 (9)0152
Ogrepon2224133
Decidueye21 (4)21325
Lilligant0130215
Breloom0233225
Roselia2212227
Tsareena2313334

Meowscarda wins by a landslide with 52 total votes. I am pretty sure I did my math right but had I do leave nquickly

We are doing doing cinematic trailer and not in-HUB reveals with a 10 to 5 vote

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will begin submitting....
Additional Content for Klonoa

This includes the usual content we typically submit. I will add it in when I can. I do apologize but I am simply too busy ATM.

We will be submitting
Entrance Animation (1)
Idle Poses (2)
Taunts (4)
Victory Poses (3)
Victory Theme (1)
Kirby Hat (1)
Boxing Ring Title (1)
Crowd Cheer (1)
Splash Tagline (1)
Palutena's Guidance (1)
Snake Codec (1)
Classic Mode Route (1)

Submit Alternate Colors for Klonoa
Along with the above content, we will also be submitting alternate colors for Klonoa. When submitting, please provide the color slot plus the reference for the alternate color.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Crowd Cheer: to the tune of the series' recurring title screen "La-la-la-la-la: WAHOO!"

Splash tagline: Klonoa enters the dream match! (References how Klonoa travels through dreams)

Alt costume: Don't know if this is elegible, but: red fur with orange muzzle and tail, black shirt and hat, white shorts, purple eyes. Based on another Namco cat, Goro from Mappy. Huepow (don't know if he's in this moveset) is pink to reference the Mewkies. Pac-Man on hat is replaced with Goro's sprite.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Idle Poses
klonoa yawns and streches his arms. Based off of his animation in Klonoa for the Wii

Fix_nm_gt.jpg

Yellow fur, Black and Red clothes (Based on Guntz)

tumblr_7955d0ed26549d7ef1cf27aae33e0318_faf31264_500.png

Red Jacket, Yellow Gloves (wii Design)

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Alternate color 1: King of Sorrow

Kanashimi.png

Klonoa have red eyes,dark green fur,yellow clothes and red gloves and shoes,reference from King of Sorrow from Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil

Alternate Color 2: Lolo

Lolo_pose2.png

Klonoa have a whilte skin color fur with ginger-orange on his other fur parts who are white parts,pink clothes,the pac-man's icon from his hat is green,light yellow gloves and brown shoes,reference from Lolo

Alternate Color 3: Leorina

Leorina-1.jpg

Klonoa have brown fur,red and blue clothes and white gloves and shoes,reference from Leorina

sal ig

Smash Apprentice
klonoa alt costumes - joka
EhSWTexWAAUIFr_.png

klonoa would maintain their fur color while their clothes would turn into a red ish color and their ring would turn into a yellow ish color

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for the submissions! I will work on compiling them into a cohesive moveset and palette list. That being said, we will be working on adding additional content from the Klonoa series that will come with the Cherry Blossom Festival!

We will begin submitting....

Klonoa Stage

We will be pulling from the world of Klonoa to create a stage for. I do not know much about Klonoa and what would make for an ideal stage but the stage does need to have a few criteria:

has a natural setting
the natural setting needs to convey feelings of spring.

A natural setting could be a desert as that is nature but, again, this is the Spring festival so the stage should also utilize this as well.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Stage:

1707869770639.png

Phantomile

The setting for Door to Phantomile, its 2009 remake for Wii and its remaster in the Phantasy Reverie collection, Phantomile is a land powered by the dreams of its populace. In Smash, Phantomile is a transforming stage similar to Pokemon Stadium that takes place on the book shown above. Occasionally, it'll flip through some pages before settling on one of the following worlds within Phantomile before resetting to the default after a while. The following worlds are:

1707870008426.png

Breezegale, the Wind Village
The first world of Door to Phantomile and the hometown of Klonoa. In this format, the stage gets a large three-bladed windmill that slowly rotates clockwise. Occasionally, a wind spirit (shown in the picture) will sprout from a nearby cloud and blow left or right, redirecting the windmill in the opposite direction. The blades of the windmill serve as platforms.

1707870271467.png

Jugpot, Kingdom of Water
The second world of Door to Phantomile. A two-layer stage covered in water, with the platforms getting smaller as you go up. Occasionally, King Seadoph, the ruler of Jugpot, will channel his power and cause streams of water and waterfalls to push fighters off the summit.

1707870533968.png

Forlock, the Tree Village
The third world, sustained by the waters of Jugpot. When transitioning to this, the book sprouts a large tree that grows four branches that serve as soft platforms for players to jump on. Players can strike these platforms for a chance to drop 1-5 Nuts that are treated as stage-exclusive food items that heal 5% per pop.

1707870682367.png

Coronia, Temple of the Sun
The fourth world in Door to Phantomile. A large floating platform with four pedestals, the stage is initially covered in darkness. However, striking fighters, while this stage is active, gives them a chance to drop large Jewels that are placed on the pedestals automatically. Whoever places the final Jewel first has the benefit of temporary invulnerability with the sun shining down on that fighter. The pedestals then reset.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, it seems like the only submission we got was Golisopower so our representative stage will be....

Phantomile!

That being said, we will be submitting content for two jobs:

Submit Klonoa Music

We will begin submitting Klonoa-based music. When submitting, please indicate where the song is from. Please put the titles in parentheses. Also, there isn't a need to bullet or number songs as I will copy and paste them into the front page and that messes up with formatting. I have to repeat the whole process. They don't need to be bulleted or numbered; just as is. We will use this format moving forward.

Submit Stage Variations where Flowers Takes Over

We will be including several stage variations where flowers, plants, and blossoms take over the stage; covering it in a bed of blossoms. It shouldn't COMPLETELY take over the stage but enough where there is a stark contrast from what was before to what it is now. Please submit the stage and how it would look.​

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Stage Variation

Town and City

The town and city are changed to include pink trees like during the Cherry Blossom Season in Spring in the actual Animal Crossing games. Flowers from the AC series are much more littered throughout the plains on the background of the town, including Roses, Cosmos, Tulips, Lilies, and many others in the colors they can be found within the series (red, yellow, white, pink, etc). The foliage on the underside of the stage and platforms themselves are now pink.

Ultimate (Town)
Ultimate (City)

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1707961390717.png

Stage Variation - Hanenbow
EVERYONE'S FAVORITE, Hanenbow's main change is that instead of walking on the leaves of a tree, it is now a giant flower vine. Each leaf is it's own flower, that starts out white before becoming purple and pink. When all the flowers become purple and pink many tiny flowers fill the background and the stage becomes a samba of various spring tones. The Hanenbow plankton are pink with red tails and the background is pale pink. I imagine that spring is the breeding season for the Hanenbow plankton, hence why it is so lively now.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We have several others jobs lined up. For example, more Mii costumes, hub appearance change, Klonoa spirits, festive costumes/colors.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Stage Varient - Figure 8 Gardens

Based on Peach Gardens, another popular track from the same game. The following changes would be made.
  • Grass is replaced by the Flower Beds you can drive on
  • Bottom road is replaced by Dirt
  • Top road is replaced by Stone similar to the walls of Peachs Castle which is also on parts of Peach Gardens
  • Score Board is now white & decorated with flowers.
  • Shy Guys are replaced by Petal Guys (Shy Guys with a bunch of yellow/orange flowers on head who have appeared in a few games)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for your submissions!

Moving on….

Please Submit a Festive Color and/or a Festive Color Based on Spring

We will be submitting a Spring-based costume as well as a color. You can choose one or both to submit but it needs to include what color slot this color will take.

Submit an Aesthetic Change to the Smash Hub

We will also Springify our hub world with Spring-related things. Please submit how you think the hub world should change to reflect this change in seasons.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Spring Based Color

Spring Stylist

1708108841897.png

White shirt is now yellow, red outer shirt is now purple. Skirt is now green, with easter egg prints dispersed throughout. Flower designs now are interspersed on the outer shirt.

Spring Based Costume

Spring Chrom

1708108903590.png

Smash Hub

Springtime Blossoms

The entire Smash Hub is abloom with plant life, with green trees, pink cherry blossom trees, bushes, and more flowers than you can count. Rabbits and baskets filled with easter eggs also decorate the hub. The Hub resembles a garden you would find at a Castle or Palace, think Peach Gardens from Mario Kart. There are giant water fountains and topiaries of various Smash characters throughout, including Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, DK, Link, Zelda, Pikachu, Kirby, Samus, Fox, Olimar, Pit, Palutena, Marth, Inkling, Octoling, Sonic, Pac-Man, Lara Croft, Crash, Crazy Dave, and more, much like the topiaries of the Mario characters in the Mario Kart Peach Gardens.

1708109411510.png

1708109747810.png

1708109509178.png

1708109704144.png

1708109887749.png

Last edited:

TheMicRula

Smash Apprentice
Spring themed skin: Cherry Blososm Saki
Saki gets pink hair and a teal cyan hoodie with patterns of cherry blososm patterns on it.

I wanted to give something for my boy during this DLC.

Top Bottom