• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
ninja-hideaway-mario-kart-8.large.jpg

Ninja Hideaway (Mario Kart)
This stage will be a travelling one, the first location will be outside of the castle, exactly at the entrance, the second one would be inside the castle taking place in that section with the spikey platforms moving up and down, the third one will be in the air, the platform will stand still in the area with the bamboo sticks blowing wind, and finally, the fourth one will happen on the roof where those wind platforms could be used. In terms of hazards, ShyGuys and Toads will be racers during the whole match, alongside Ninja ShyGuys appearing every once in a while.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Walter White Residence from the Breaking Bad series

original_1333066725walts.jpg

Ok just kidding,

Splatsville from Splatoon 3

Screenshot_20220516-145103_Gallery.jpg

Yeah yeah the game isn't even out yet but if it's as simple as Moray Towers from Ult, I'm sure this one will fly. Just imagine the most uncompetitive stage ever. It's takes place on the sides of several buildings which work as a walk off but there is also a road where vehicles can run you over.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will continue to leave submissions open but here is what we have so far.

We require more representation of Final Fantasy outside FF7, so here is my take:

The Airship
The airship is an iconic vehicle of the FF franchise, it appeared in almost all games in a way or other, sometimes with the appearence of a wooden boat with helicopters, other times with more mechanical looks, here we will use the first appearence of the airship (the image comes from FF3 tho).
This will be a simple stage, you will fight in the main deck of the ship bein able to fall of one of the two extremes, behind use we will see the minimap of Final Fantasy 1.
Mappy

This is a new Pac-Man series stage. It is semi-retro-styled in that all the textures are 2D images ripped from the game, but the background has a epilepsy-friendly, dimmed-to-prevent-distraction police lights blur with the light reflecting onto the sprites and fighters. The roof of the house is present, but unlike in the game it is only in the background and can't cover players or be walked inside.
View attachment 352557
The black squares are hard platforms, the green squares are trampolines, the yellow squares are soft platforms, and the red squares are item spawn points - why this is important we'll get back to later. Doors are absent as a mechanic, but permanently-opened doors appear in random locations in the background when the match starts. Mewkies don't appear, but Goro does, which we'll also get back to.

Trampolines can be jumped on - they begin green and shift colours like Pac-Man's Up B before breaking, they'll respawn a bit after breaking. If a trampoline breaks upon jumping on it, you will be instantly KO'd with a semi-unique animation of your character spinning (knocked back pose spins, then lying unconcious pose in its regular positioning, explode) and the Mappy death sound - if they're KO'd on their final stock or as a match-ender, the last few notes of the Mappy game over theme will play. Said sounds are only for the trampoline

Items will always spawn in the exact same locations simultaniously - excluding containers and item spawning moves, there will usually only be 7 items on screen at a time, no more, no less. Every "wave" of items also brings along Goro - every time you pick up or use a naturally spawned item there's a 1 in 7 chance Goro will appear and grant you a major stat boost. Every item wave is gauranteed to have one Goro, no more, no less.
View attachment 352560

If items are off or only items that spawn in small quantities are on, the treasures from Mappy spawn instead, with no functionality beyond the Goro hunt.

Multi-part items are disabled on this stage, and the Smash Ball does not apply to this stage's item rules

I don't know if you can tell, but this is a stage idea I've had in mind for a long while, like I've been conceptualising how to adapt this game to a stage since I was a kid.
My submission is the Geese's tower, would be a very cool stage imo, and maybe even Geese himself can be sort of a stage hazard!
Big Shell (Metal Gear Solid)
See the source image

See the source image

Ignore the fact that the only good image of the layout I could find was in a GTA 4 mod. Anyways this stage takes place in the very first outside area pf the Big Shell, the main setting of Metal Gear Solid 2. You play on a flat surface with two breakable stacks of crates and two elevators on the edges of the main platform you're on. (You can't go in them, they just act as platforms.) Members of Dead Cells will sometimes come to make cameos.

I feel this stage would be good because the locations in MGS2 are very iconic to the rest of the series and as the first third party series, MGS is more than deserving of a second stage.
View attachment 352586
THE ANCIENT CITY
Minecraft 1.19

The Ancient Cities are brand-new structures taking place in the Deep Dark Biome of Minecraft 1.19's worlds. A traveling stage that explores some of the new structure's facets, each section of the stage is different and puts all the fighters on their toes. When the match starts, fighters spawn in...

View attachment 352592
The Entrance:
The gateway into the Ancient City. There are three platforms: the main platform spanning as wide as Battlefield, and two tall platforms on opposite sides of the stage. Fighters can only see the stage thanks to the candles scattered throughout. After that, it transitions to one of the following:

View attachment 352595

The City Center:
A section of the stage that's simply FD in background, this is a place where popular fan speculation says is a portal to a Sculk dimension.

View attachment 352596
The Barracks:
Here, you'll find chests that are filled with items. The layout is a much smaller version of the entrance, except the pillars are shorter and closer to the center.

View attachment 352597
The Sauna:
What used to be a place of relaxation is now an abandoned arena of cold water. There is a large pit on the left side of this Big Battlefield-sized platform, where players can drown inside.

View attachment 352598
The Walls:
A scrolling stage similar to 3D Land, the Walls are a constant walk-off stage that's moving to the left at slow speeds. There are two platforms, a soft platform at the top, and a hard platform at the bottom.

View attachment 352599
The Icebox:
A small FD-style stage where portions of the floor are covered in ice, allowing fighters to slide along the ground.

View attachment 352600
The Camp:
A Mishima Dojo-style stage walled off with wool, with the woll serving the same purpose as the walls of Mishima Dojo.

Occasionally, as you fight, your battle generates noise that summons a mortifying background element:
View attachment 352601
This is The Warden, a nigh-invincible second cousin of the Demogorgon who, in the source game, will **** your day up if you don't give it some goddamn peace and quiet. Though it doesn't directly interact with the cast, it'll wander the massive 3D space that is the Ancient City, attracted by the noise of the players. After 30 seconds of battle, the Warden sinks back into the earth for a bit until the battle causes more ruckus to call him back.
Kingdom Hearts

Keyblade Graveyard

This stage would be about the size of Tortimer's island but instead of water it's a dropoff. The background and foreground are filled with Keyblades and the mountain is in the background On that mountain, Xehanort may appear.

In terms of platforms there are 2 floating rocks that occasionally appear in a style like PS.

That is where it ends for Hazards off but with Hazards On a Large beam of Keyblades may sweep across the stage that does damage and acts like a long platform.
I will probably replace this if I can think of a non-Sonic stage to submit, but for now here's my contribution!

Emerald Coast (Sonic The Hedgehog)
Third Party and First Party down below...

Alright, now that a Wario Land stage is eligible... here's my idea.

Hall of Hieroglyphics (Wario Land)

View attachment 352564

Wario Land is criminally underrepresented throughout the Smash Bros series. Why not make it up with a stage? This stage will be a scrolling stage through the first level of Wario Land 4, the Hall of Hieroglyphics. Here, you will start in the beginning part. Maureen and Spear Masks appear as hazards and will give the fighters damage. It just takes you through the first level.
I am glad that the Mario & Sonic Series is acceptable, so i'd like to present my dream stage.

View attachment 352593
Stage: Winter Games Event(Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games)

The Olympic Winter Games Stage is based on Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Winter Games, The Stage is a transition one that sends players to different areas based on the events appearing in the game.

Overview: The Main Platform will show the view of the entire Sports Event from above the sky while some balloons float in the air(the balloons are based on the ones shown in the image), as the platform travels around the stage you can see the crowd on different bleachers(toads, shy guys, flicky's, etc.) cheering for the events going on. Various Characters(Minus the playable smash fighters) in the original game participate in the events, However the flags of the playable characters in the original game are still used.

When selecting the stage, the weather will change such as clouds covering the sky with a bit of snow raining down, a small snowstorm brewing, or just a simple sunny day. this is something that happens in the original game(at least the DS version from what i remember) so it makes a lot of sense & brings in some more stages with changes to the environment.

Like all transitions stages, the platform will slowly make a drop to a random location and after a while it'll raise back up in the air again.

View attachment 352606
Alpine Skiing Downhill-The Platform lands on the middle of the Skiing Course nothing really happens except for one of the players skiing down the hill, if the skier gets attacked or crashes into one of the opponents then the crowd will start freaking out which will cause the platform to move back into the air.
The Player gets hit by the skier they are dealt with 10% damage.

View attachment 352603
Snowboard Cross-The Platform will land on the Goal Sign, it is build to be much bigger with the top thicken to be thin & to work as a platform for the fighters.

View attachment 352604
Bobsleigh-The Platform will land in the middle of the crowd while also being close to one of the slopes which acts as a hazard. a bobsleigh ridin' by four characters will come slidding at maximum speed any player getting caught will deal 54% damage.

View attachment 352605
Ice Hockey-The Platform will move into a colisseum and set itself on the middle of the air where the crowd is, meanwhile in the background, plenty of characters are playing Hockey normally tackling other opponents & firing the puck to the goal, on rare occasions they'll miss & sometimes the hockey puck will fly to the air and hit one of the opponents, this will cause them to deal with 5% damage.

All Characters who appear in each events
  • Metal Sonic-Alpine Skiing Downhill
  • Dry Bones, Toad, Jet, & Silver-Snowboard Cross
  • Dry Bowser, Toadette, Omega, & Zavok-Bobsleigh
  • Waluigi, Vector, Birdo, & Shadow-Ice Hockey
My stage submission:
Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong)
View attachment 352626

Gangplank Galleon is K. Rool's ship that appeared in Donkey Kong Country and it's a galleon that serves as Kremlins' mode of transportation through water. Gangplank Galleon is the final level of the game, where you could fight K. Rool, who stole the banana hoard from Kongs.
Gangplank Galleon is one of most memerable boss fight places and it deserves as a stage in Smash Infinite (Despite we had Sawmill Thrills, but we need a true stage for K. Rool that would fit him).

The layout would be similar to Super Smash Flash 2's, but I don't want to plagiarize the SSF2 Gangplank Galleon, so instead we should make a layout based on final boss arena, which it would be walk-off arena with slope walls. Also it has small soft floating platform above the ground.
So it would be also like Pirate Ship, but zoomed in and it stays in place.
View attachment 352628
(This is how the layout looks like; minus the platform)​

However, this isn't actually a stage without hazards. It has hazards, which are the kremlings like Kritters or Klumps, who jump out of nowhere and they attack you (You can defeat them you attack) for while and they go away.
The Kremlings that appear on this stage:
  • Kritter (He swipes his hand at opponents)
  • Klump (Throws grenades on the stage)
  • Klaptrap (Acts like on Kongo Falls and his AT version, which he bites the opponent)

If you turn off hazards, then they don't appear.

The battlefield and FD form's solid platform are basically smaller versions of the ship like Pirate ship that stay in the water.
The battlefield one has three platforms, while Omega form doesn't.

I nominate this stage, because it was one of most requested stages for smash (Yes, a lot of people wanted that stage alongside K. Rool) and it should be second DK stage in our game (First as DLC one). Also it would really fit K. Rool to be honest and it makes sense to include it in the game (Which it would make people happy).
Also since a lot of people suggest Gangplank Galleon as stage in Nintendo-related creation threads, so why not include it in Smash Infinite then?
View attachment 352636
Ninja Hideaway (Mario Kart)
This stage will be a travelling one, the first location will be outside of the castle, exactly at the entrance, the second one would be inside the castle taking place in that section with the spikey platforms moving up and down, the third one will be in the air, the platform will stand still in the area with the bamboo sticks blowing wind, and finally, the fourth one will happen on the roof where those wind platforms could be used. In terms of hazards, ShyGuys and Toads will be racers during the whole match, alongside Ninja ShyGuys appearing every once in a while.
Walter White Residence from the Breaking Bad series

View attachment 352644

Ok just kidding,

Splatsville from Splatoon 3

View attachment 352646

Yeah yeah the game isn't even out yet but if it's as simple as Moray Towers from Ult, I'm sure this one will fly. Just imagine the most uncompetitive stage ever. It's takes place on the sides of several buildings which work as a walk off but there is also a road where vehicles can run you over.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Alright finally a job I have enough knowledge to participate in lol

Stage Pack #1: Dream Den

1652732230899.png

Although the stage is named after the final level of Pikmin 2, it is not based specifically on that area. That's just to have a more interesting name than Cave. Rather, this is a representation of what one might call the entire gimmick of Pikmin 2, the underground areas that Olimar and Louie can hop into, where they'll have unlimited time but limited Pikmin to collect all the underground treasures in a gauntlet of puzzles and fights that send them deeper and deeper underground. The stage takes place in a cavern, but the ceiling is so high you can still be KOed off the top and sides. Every now and then the floor will give way, sort of like the Castle Siege stage, and the fighters will be brought to a new section of the cave. These sections are generally flat walkoffs, but they might have things like enemy hazards, water pools to swim around in, big bumps, towers, and treasures to climb over, or pits to fall right into. The Hocotate Ship's AI will always be in the background, buzzing and hovering around. It's not procedurally generated like Wrecking Crew, but rather it just has a lot of possible setups preprogrammed in like PictoChat.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey everyone, I was going to make a submission but I got too swamped. I’ll submit it for next time. That being said, we will commence with voting! Sorry but I don’t have so much time to accumulate our posts but you can use my above post to see our quoted messages:

PLEASE GO HERE TO VOTE

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, so we will be jumping in adding our second DLC Stage Pack. This will occur between Sakura and Agumon in Season 1.

This stage submission will be the sole stage represent within its stage pack meaning that it needs to sell this pack and it’s content. It can’t rely on star power via character to sell it. That being said, the franchise that this stage is from should be relatively popular and well-known to fans and the gaming community. It should be enough to excite people to encourage them to purchase it. The pack will also come along with music and any changes to previous Spirit Battles. This stage is based on a series that is not yet represented in Smash in any form outside of Spirit or Music representation. So franchises like Among Us, Danganronpa, and Chibi-Robo are ineligible. First and third party submissions are eligible. The inclusion of this stage will bar that franchise from getting included in a DLC Character Pack.

Previously, I noticed some submissions lacked content. Please provide the name, series, game it’s from if applicable, stage layout, any hazards or gimmicks, cameos, plus the omega and battlefield variations.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
This stage is based on a series that is not yet represented in Smash in any form outside of Spirit or Music representation. So franchises like Among Us, Danganronpa, and Chibi-Robo are ineligible.
Sorry for this stupid question but I need to ask since my comprehension in english isn't the best, we need to submit an stage from a franchise that isn't in Infinite unless they only have a Spirit or music?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry for this stupid question but I need to ask since my comprehension in english isn't the best, we need to submit an stage from a franchise that isn't in Infinite unless they only have a Spirit or music?
Franchises that’s repped by spirits or music are ok. Preferably spirits though. Nothing beyond that.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1652746812832.png

World of Civilization

Based on the highly prestigious series of 4X strategy games, Sid Meier's Civilization. World of Civilization is a medium-sized stage where there are several platforms that spawn proportionate to the number of players, with 2 players spawning 3 and 8 spawning 15 within the red boundary shown, arranged in an almost gridlike pattern. Here's the stage with Mario for scale:

1652747536780.png

The hazard that's affected by Hazard Toggle is that there are different terrains that affect how fighters do battle:
  • Plains: The main platform and several will be just that: normal platforms with no gimmicks whatsoever.​
  • Woods: Dodging on these platforms will increase your dodge frames by 2.​
  • Tundra: An ice-coated platform that allows you to slip around like on Summit.​
  • Desert: A platform that slows down all movement.​
  • Mountains: Tiles that are double the size of normal platforms that are extremely hard as opposed to the other platforms.​
  • Ocean: A water tile that keeps one afloat. You can drown in this, like with other stages that have water like Isle Delfino and Tortimer Island, but when drowning here, you'll be meteor-spiked instead.​
In the background is a less intrusive gimmick:
1652747844452.png

This is a giant map that functionally serves as a representation of the fight in Smash. At the start of a match, a Capital city bearing the Stock icon and color scheme of each fighter will appear at random locations. As you fight and kill your foes, those civilizations will expand across the globe, establishing cities, building up resources, and eventually waging war on one another. The size and military power of each civilization are influenced by the performance of the fighter associated with that civilization. When a fighter is defeated, their capital city will be conquered by the fighter that took their last stock.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Maybe this didn't count but.
13th Hierarchical City of Kagutsuchi (BlazBlue)
One of the main places of the BlazBlue series and where most of the important stages are, we will move between stage and stage using an invisible platform that resembles the character's crest (particulary the one of Rachel Alucard).

Sure, this is supposed to be before Sol but I think that's the reason why this would be somewhat funny, since that would make the Sol's appearence more impressive since most people would assume "if they wanted to include something of ArcSys they would include this stage alongside them". Almost all the locations has the regular flat layout. There is a day-night rotation in all the stages with sky. In Battlefield/Omega we will always be in the transparent magic platform but a little modified to be able to host the entire fight instead of just moving the players to each part of the stage, the background is looked in Altar/Adventus.

1st Location - Monorail
We will start in the Monorail since is Ragna's home stage in Calamity Trigger, sometimes the train will pass and will damage the characters near the rails. Naoto Kurogane and Es will appear here sometimes.

2nd Location - Kagutsuchi's Port
We will move to the Kagutsuchi's Port, this stage was the home stage of Ragna, Noel, Carl Clover and Hazama in Continuum Shift. Carl Clover, Noel, Tsubaki Yayoi, Mai Natsume and Kagura will appear has cameos.

3rd Location A - Oriental Town
A stage with chinese motifs, it was the home stage of Tager and Litchi Faye Ling in some games. There is a 50% chances that this stage appears during the loop. With a 100% of chances if in the last loop the stage was the Ronin District. Litchi Faye Ling, Arakune and the rest of the Sector 7 team (Tager, Kokonoe, Bullet and Lambda-11) will appear has cameos.

3rd Location B - Ronin District
A stage with japanese motifs, the most knowed character that use this stage has his home is Bang Shishigami. There is a 50% chances that this stage appears during the loop. With a 100% of chances if in the last loop the stage was the Oriental Town. The proper Bang and Amane will be see here.

4th Location - Bascule
A bridge that connects the capital with the rest of the city, it best knowed has the stage of Platinum the Trinity in some games even if Tager also used it. A dog will bark sometimes too. Platinum, Taokaka and Makoto will be cameos here.

Final Location - Altar/Adventus
1652749052333.png

An important place that was the center of attention of various parts of the story, most noticeable Continuum Shift., sometimes the Altar will morph into Adventus that has the same layout. In this stage we will see Ragna with his brothers Jin and Noel (in her Mu-12 appearence) fighting Hazama, but if Adventus is active the battle instead will be Ragna and Hakumen versus Yuuki Terumi.

Bonus - BLUE
BLUE would appear during the transition of the loop, it's only the background tho.

EDIT: Changed it to make it more interesing.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Zoo Tycoon

This is a transforming/travelling stage based on the Zoo Tycoon series

The bulk of the stage takes place on the Gondola. You cannot stand on the gondola's ceiling, but it does tilt - sometimes to the point where you can stand on the walls like sloped floors
080526D7-5E16-439D-94A5-DECCD2D2C9AE.jpeg

You will be dropped off at different enclosures. Each contains their respective animals, but they don't interact in any way. Rather than the simulations common of zoos, these are moreso just perfect replicas of these animals' natural habitats that just so happen to have walls with visitors. Once the gondola comes to pick you back up the animals will jump back into the arena instantly. These are done in a random order.

Penguin Enclosure
10185284-3EB0-4343-8276-0F9469860858.jpeg

Red represents soft platforms, which is in this case rocks. Blue represents a swimmable pool. Yellow represents slippery snow.

Lion Enclosure
91F81AD9-6D97-405E-9A5A-0BD719757473.jpeg

The soft platforms are branches of a tree, while the hard platforms are a high up rock formation

Monkey Enclosure
2DF48947-9CEA-416F-B399-E5B54824DC5B.jpeg

The soft platform is a rope while the hard platforms are wooden. The yellow block represents a rope ladders

Wolf Enclosure
D7102045-56F4-4592-9EA8-1701EA9EE045.jpeg

You can't KO out the sides because of trees serving as walls, however there's a waterfall in the middle that makes you fall to your doom like downwards wind - the red platform here is a rock, it is not soft but rather semi-soft (you can go up it but now down it)

Panda Exhibit
90F70C40-BD7F-4F8A-A96B-07DEA5ECD572.jpeg

The top platforms are giant logs, while the bottom platform is grass

Meerkat Exhibit
18AB7CED-3341-4EC9-BBEB-2275D40976D2.jpeg

The red platform is a soft bridge, while the blue blocks are hiding areas (so if you enter you'll be covered up)

Walrus Exhibit
DAFD3880-740A-42DF-AE40-55A5B7612068.jpeg

This form is one of the smallest arenas in the game total, it struggles to contain even 3 fighters. The blue area is swimmable water while the black platform is a rock

Omega takes place on top of a flat gondola, while Battlefield takes place in the lion enclosure specifically with platforms coming from the tree

Attachments

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Battle Bus (Fortnite)

This stage takes place on top of the Battle Bus length wise while the bus flies around the map

This stage would be like Minecraft world where it has 3 options that can be selected

Artemis

Apollo

Athena

They would be based on their chapters respective season 1 and would change the landmarks that are visited in the map

The bus would just fly around the map and you can see the landmarks and people fighting and building on the map

In terms of cameos Several skins and characters from Fortnite will appear either in the windows of the Battle Bus, Will fly next to the battle bus on a glider or will be in the battle royale map itself either standing on something or fighting each other, They will occasionally Emote as well

Cameo List
-Jonesy
-Agent Jones
-Ludwig
-Brainiac
-Guernsy
-Ramirez
-Spitfire
-Banshee
-Hawk
-Headhunter
-Mansu
-Emmy
-Fishstick
-Cuddle Team Leader
-Peely
-Tomatohead
-Beef Boss
-Lil' Whip
-Meowscles
-Bushranger
-Guaco
-Ripley Vs. Sludge
-Carlos
-Wildcat
-Renegade
-Rio
-Hector
-Midas
-The Foundation
-The Visitor
-The Scientist
-The Origin
-The Imagined
-The Order
-The Paradigm
-Raptor
-Raven
-Aura
-Brutus
-Raz
-Lynx
-Ginger Gunner
-Power Chord
-Rabbit Raider
-Haze
-Deadfire
-Boxer
-Big Chuggus
-Wild Card
-Bash
-Penny
-Jules
-Brite Bomber
-Blaze
-Zorgotron
-Sunny
-Dr. Slone
-Torin
-Fabio Sparklemane
-The Cube Queen
-Haven
-Gumbo
-Tsuki 2.0
-Gunnar
-Kiara K.O.
-Drift
-Bao Bros.
-Southpaw
-Catalyst
-Vi
-Robo-Rey
-Ember
-Polar Patroller
-Dark Voyager
-Sparkle Specialist
-Skull Trooper
-Mecha Cuddle Master
-Kevbot
-Lars
-Lexa
-Kit
-Toon Meowscles
-Renegade Raider
-Calamity
-8-ball vs. Scratch
-Luxe
-Black Knight
-The Reaper
-Spire Assassin
-Mancake
-Leelah
-Halley
-Leviathan

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
The Sims House (The Sims)

maxresdefault.jpg

The Sims is a super iconic video game franchise that I do not believe is represented in Infinite. Why don't we let The Sims be represented via a stage of the house? Basically it's a traveling stage that takes you through the different rooms of the house. It starts in the front of the house being a walkout zone. Then, it goes to the kitchen being a large space, the bathroom being smaller, the bedroom, the living room and the backyard which is a walkout section. Basically, every section is a walkout section. The only hazards here are the removal and additions of furniture as if a fighter is standing in a section where a piece of furniture/equipment were to be added, the fighter will get damaged.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Aperture Smash Chamber (Portal)

That's right. GLaDOS was so excited to collect data of fighters from across the multiverse that she constructed an entire testing chamber just for them!

This stage takes place inside the Aperture Science Enrichment Center, the main location of the Portal series of first-person puzzle games. It's a part of the facility which is still being constructed by the central core of Aperture, GLaDOS, before the match has even begun! The layout is finished by the time the announcer declares "GO!", but the background is still having tiles put into place and whatnot. GLaDOS can be seen in the background at the center of the square chamber, as well as the Aperture Laboratories logo - but instead of a design resembling a camera lens, it has a Smash Ball design to the left of it. You can also see an exit, but there is no way to get to it at the moment...apparently GLaDOS plans on the fighters being here for quite a while. There's lots of testing materials in the background as well, including Hard-Light Bridges, Reflection Cubes, Lasers, Aerial Faith Plates (with cubes flying between them occasionally), and buttons. It seems a little disorganized, and throughout the match GLaDOS will multitask between trying to keep the appearance up by using clawed hands and removing unwanted testing materials, and controlling the stage. Speaking of which...

(TL;DR appearance is an unfinished testing facility with a Smash logo and a big ol robot in the middle)

Untitled design (5).jpg

The bulk of Aperture Smash Chamber is a long, flat stage the size of Kalos with two walls on each side, each with a portal that leads to the other. There are two tubes protruding from above which will drop testing materials at certain times, with GLaDOS saying something along the lines of, "Try this test on for size" or "I would share with you the percentage of subjects who were able to outsmart this one, but I fear it would discourage you from proceeding any further." For example, a Companion Cube might fall from one, and the players are tasked with attacking it so that it lands on the button. Or another example, you might have to take down a few turrets that drop in from both sides (yes, they're just as much of a pushover (literally) as in Portal). If you succeed in your trial, a chocolate cake falls down from the pillar closest to the player who solved the puzzle - hooray! "There's plenty more where that came from...if you're willing to, shall we say, turn up the heat a bit," GLaDOS remarks as the healing item (10%) drops down. The tests will become increasingly difficult, as GLaDOS may change the layout slightly by adding solid walls in undesirable locations, bringing in a Hard-Light Bridge from the background into the foreground, creating a temporary soft platform, or spawning a laser which must be avoided at all costs, as it will deal 1% every few frames it is touched. The portals on the sides of the walls work exactly like Ultimate's Stage Builder portals, except they do not have a cooldown period.

TL;DR GLaDOS makes you do Warioware-like puzzles, if you do you get cake that heals you, portals on each side.

If a fighter gets KO'd by lasers or turret fire (which instakill opponents who have been dealt 100% or more), they will receive a custom insult from GLaDOS - such rude remarks are a key part of Portal's story and gameplay. I don't know any we could have offhand, though the submissions (if this stage were to win) would be similar to how it works for Codec Calls, Palutena's Guidance, etc. This is something that would be absolutely necessary in a Portal stage IMO, along with the series' signature mechanic.

As for reasons of inclusion, Portal is a really huge game, but neither of its main characters really work from a fighting game standpoint (one is kinda generic and has the potential of being too OP/not well designed, the other one literally cannot function like a fighter due to her nature as a central command AI). Portal is absolutely deserving of representation though, and I would argue that a stage represents it better than a fighter (since Portal doesn't really focus on the characters as much as it does the environments around them). Also, it would be a crime for this game to call itself "Infinite" and not have Still Alive OR Want You Gone (spoiler warnings on those songs BTW). Portal has a bunch more great songs as well (especially from the second game) and we could also technically include some Half-Life content since they share a universe. Overall, Portal is a part of gaming history that warrants a place in Smash, and a think a stage is the best way to go about that.

Last edited:
Popular game stage submission:
Nuketown (Call of Duty)
1652799952038.png
Nuketown, USA is one of playable maps in Call of Duty games, released by Activision since 2003 and it became very popular franchise since it's beginning.
Nuketown is a small town as the name implies, where it locates near area, where atomic bombs are sent there and explode into mushroom cloud.
The map debuted in in Call of Duty Black Ops, made by Treyarch and published by Activision and it later appeared in Call of Duty mobile.
Nuketown was so popular that was remade into multiple versions of it like Nuketown (Black Ops 4), Nuketown 2025, Nuk3town and Nuketown '84.

The layout of the stage would be walk-off arena with houses' walls as stage's walls. The rooftops of the building would serve as platform that you could jump on. They're soft platforms that appear on this stage. Meanwhile the school bus and truck would also serve as solid platforms on this stage (They can't be destroyed).
(The stage would be based on OG Nuketown)
1652801048736.png
Wait! There's more about the stage, the hazards! Yup, that's right. The hazards are gonna be soldiers, who run around the stage and shoot at the foreground, damaging players or Assist Trophies when they're around. Some of them run the foreground (You can defeat them though) and some of them are in background (Which you can't harm them). They appear for while and they go away.
1652801768678.png

(The designs of the soldiers)
(I know it would be misleading to not add nuke in background as this stage's name suggests, but due to avoiding the nuke references in this game, the nuke explosion won't appear in background)
Also we see Captain Price, Ghost and Frank Woods cameo in the game (I didn't wanted to include Richtofen, because he has connection to Nazi references, which it would be bad idea to mention them in game).

If you turn-off the hazards, the soldier won't appear after all.

The FD and Battlefield forms take place over the Nuketown on floating platform.
The Omega form is like FD, but Cod themed.
The battlefield form would be like FD, but it has three platforms that he roof textures on it.

I nominate Nuketown as unrepresented stage based on popular video game series, because Call of Duty while controversial for little bit is one of most iconic FPS games of all time and it should get a representation in smash, since it's a big franchise (that is milked by devs) and it's one of Activision franchises that should be represented in game.
Also since we won't get a CoD fighter, then we could get a stage instead.

Also I know this franchise is too mature, we could tone it down by removing violent content to make it less brutal.
Look, Snake, Bayo and Joker have firearms, so it won't be a problem to include a stage based on shooting game.

Attachments

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

9ohvfogzlbg61.jpg

Anor Londo (Dark Souls)

An iconic location from Dark Souls. It's one of the few locations to appear in multiple games and is one of the most popular.

maxresdefault (9).jpg

Fighting will take place on the rotating platform. The parts at the side are extended to give players more room to fight.

The huge church appears in the background and various NPCS from the Souls series cameo on the stage.

It'll have an alt form based on its appearance in Dark Souls III. This will just change the over all appearance, not the layout.
Anor_Londo_(DSIII)_-_02.jpg

We could add a Souls fighter. But there are a couple of factors going against it. I think this would be a soild way to rep the series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
View attachment 352737
Anor Londo (Dark Souls)

An iconic location from Dark Souls. It's one of the few locations to appear in multiple games and is one of the most popular.

View attachment 352739
Fighting will take place on the rotating platform. The parts at the side are extended to give players more room to fight.

The huge church appears in the background and various NPCS from the Souls series cameo on the stage.

It'll have an alt form based on its appearance in Dark Souls III. This will just change the over all appearance, not the layout.
View attachment 352751
We could add a Souls fighter. But there are a couple of factors going against it. I think this would be a soild way to rep the series.
I would go for this even if I want the Chosen Undead has a fighter

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Popular game submission:

Rapture - Bioshock

Rapture is the main location of the first 2 Bioshock games. As an extremely iconic location in video game history it would make sense that a stage for it would be included as DLC.

I picture Rapture as a pretty big stage that changes it's locations based on player input. More on that in a second.

For now though, let's look at the basics. You start the fight here at the Rapture Welcome Center. This will also be where the Omega and Battlefield versions take place. Fighting here is pretty normal. Not pictured here are offices you can climb on top of and the statue and the sign are also able to be fought on top of. This is a generally medium sized area with walk off areas

From there you can possibly move around the map. This is influenced by the bathyspheres located on parts of the map. A player can jump inside one by taunting in front of it. After that happens the glass in the background of each stage will break, causing it to start to flood with water. When that happens the other players must jump inside a bathysphere as well to be transported to the next location. If they fail to do so they will lose a stock. There will be a cool down on the bathyspheres. The new stage selected is random.

The other locations are:

Point Prometheus:

This is where the bonding experiments between the little sisters and big daddies took place. This stage part is fairly smaller. There is a higher rate of Big Daddies and Little Sisters showing up here.

Arcadia:
1652822190927.jpeg

This is where most of the oxygen of Rapture is produced. A medium sized area, there's a higher chance of splicers showing up here. Little sisters may also show up to harvest dead splicers, causing more splicers and a Big Daddy to arrive as well

Bosses Lair

This is where the final battle against the final boss is. I'm not saying the name because spoilers. This is a fairly large room with lots of balconies and fighting area. If players stay in here a long time the final boss may jump out of his pod and fight them.

Stage Hazards:
Big Daddy/Little Sister - Big Daddies and Little Sisters will roam all map parts other than the Lair. They largely won't do anything unless either is damaged, then Big Daddies will go into a rampage for a little bit

Splicers - These are remnants of the residents of Rapture after plasmids wrecked their bodies and minds. They will attack players on the map but are easy to kill

The Boss - Once again hiding his name for spoiler reasons, the boss will leave his pod and attack players around him if they remain on the stage too long. He can be killed(which causes his death animation from the game to happen) and he can only attack once per game.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
Hangar (Doom)
The first level of the legendary Doom (1993), this stage will feature an aesthetic based on the original Doom with some elements of Doom II.

• Layout
This stage will feature the following layout
1652822635538.png
(Yes, I made it in MS Paint)

• Hazards
1. Shotgun Guys. These enemies will shoot bullets with a decent amount of damage when appearing on stage, they only take 1 hit to defeat
2. Imp. These enemies will throw powerfull fire balls when spawning, they take 3 hits to defeat
3. Pinky. These enemies will run straight to their target and start dealing physical damage, they take 5 hits to defeat
4. Lost Soul. These enemies will go very fast to their target but they won't deal a lot of damage, they take only 2 hits to defeat
5. Cacodemon. These enemies will fly all around the stage while throwing fireballs, they take 5 hits to defeat
6. Chaingunner. These enemies will act similar to the Shotgun Guys but wielding a Chain Gun, they take 3 hits to defeat tho
7. Revenant. These enemies will throw two missiles, an unguided one and a homing one, they take 2 hits to defeat
8. Mancubus. These enemies despite being slow will shot fire balls, they take 5 hits to defeat
9. Cyberdemon. This will be the big boss of the stage (Similar to Metal Face) he will shoot big and powerfull rockets, he takes a good 15 hits to defeat
10. First-Aid Kits. Simple First-Aid kits will appear, when grabbed they will heal 3% in the small ones and 8% in the big ones

• Note
All blood obviously will be censored lol

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Stage Pack #2: Presidium

1652822955135.png

Remember Mass Effect 3 was on the Wii U! As much as I'd like Commander Shepard in the game, this is a great second option. This stage will take place in a cross section of the Presidium, the most famous landmark in the most famous location in the Mass Effect series, the Citadel. This is an artificial outdoor environment created all throughout a massive ring-shaped space station. In general, it looks like this throughout, with nice cityscape waterworks and foliage underneath a very low and fake sky. Along the walls are thousands of offices, embassies, shops, and residences for races throughout the Milky Way. Notably, instead of the regular handful of popular specific character cameos, this stage will have a few dozen cameos of generic human, asari, turian, salarian, krogan, quarian, volus, elcor, drell, and hanar NPCs! All far in the background to keep them lowpoly. This represents Mass Effect's rich set of alien races instead of showcasing any fan-favorite character, setting the stage apart. Put some keepers there for good measure. This will represent the Presidium, and by extension the Mass Effect universe, as the lived-in and deeply complex place that it deserves to be represented as. The Relay Monument and Krogan Monument should also be visible in the background.

The layout of the stage takes after Temple, where the only hazard is the size of the stage itself. It reaches all the way up to those skywalks you see in the preview image there. There will be openings along the floor and ceiling of that so fighters can get in and knock each other around in there. For those without Villager-level recoveries, the Citadel's famous flying cars will sometimes levitate up and down, acting as an elevator to get to that spot or to just fight on top of the cars in the middle area of the stage. The bottom is a large walkoff section with various swimming sections sprinkled throughout, as well as elevated walkways to fight on top of that crisscross throughout the Presidium. Essentially, the stage is composed of various layers of flat ground stacked on top of each other that allow for easy travel between them, each with slightly different geography to set them apart.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Watchpoint: Gibraltar (Overwatch)

The map that started it all, Overwatch's home base. The battle takes place at the first right angle, with you being able to sit on both the bridge between the towers and the incline at the far edge, as well as battle on the road itself, with the payload constantly moving back and forth.

1652833144738.png

Tracer, Reinhardt, Winston, Genji, Mercy, and Mei appear as cameos pushing the payload forward.
Reaper, Widowmaker, Moira, Doomfist, Sigma, and Sombra appear trying to push it back, with them having a mock battle in the background of the fight.

Occassionally, some characters not aligned with either side such as D.va (flying around on her mech in the background), Junkrat and Roadhog (dancing and sitting down, respectively), Pharah (touching down), Torbjorn (setting up a turret and hammering away at it), Cassidy (shooting at Ashe from behind cover), and Ashe (shooting at Cassidy from behind cover) will appear, though these are more sporadic and random.

Overwatch's flag also flies proudly in the background. How inspiring!​

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Popular game submission:

Rapture - Bioshock

Rapture is the main location of the first 2 Bioshock games. As an extremely iconic location in video game history it would make sense that a stage for it would be included as DLC.

I picture Rapture as a pretty big stage that changes it's locations based on player input. More on that in a second.

For now though, let's look at the basics. You start the fight here at the Rapture Welcome Center. This will also be where the Omega and Battlefield versions take place. Fighting here is pretty normal. Not pictured here are offices you can climb on top of and the statue and the sign are also able to be fought on top of. This is a generally medium sized area with walk off areas

From there you can possibly move around the map. This is influenced by the bathyspheres located on parts of the map. A player can jump inside one by taunting in front of it. After that happens the glass in the background of each stage will break, causing it to start to flood with water. When that happens the other players must jump inside a bathysphere as well to be transported to the next location. If they fail to do so they will lose a stock. There will be a cool down on the bathyspheres. The new stage selected is random.

The other locations are:

Point Prometheus:

This is where the bonding experiments between the little sisters and big daddies took place. This stage part is fairly smaller. There is a higher rate of Big Daddies and Little Sisters showing up here.

Arcadia:
View attachment 352784
This is where most of the oxygen of Rapture is produced. A medium sized area, there's a higher chance of splicers showing up here. Little sisters may also show up to harvest dead splicers, causing more splicers and a Big Daddy to arrive as well

Bosses Lair

This is where the final battle against the final boss is. I'm not saying the name because spoilers. This is a fairly large room with lots of balconies and fighting area. If players stay in here a long time the final boss may jump out of his pod and fight them.

Stage Hazards:
Big Daddy/Little Sister - Big Daddies and Little Sisters will roam all map parts other than the Lair. They largely won't do anything unless either is damaged, then Big Daddies will go into a rampage for a little bit

Splicers - These are remnants of the residents of Rapture after plasmids wrecked their bodies and minds. They will attack players on the map but are easy to kill

The Boss - Once again hiding his name for spoiler reasons, the boss will leave his pod and attack players around him if they remain on the stage too long. He can be killed(which causes his death animation from the game to happen) and he can only attack once per game.
Jomosensual, I am sorry but I couldn't get to this now but this series would be ineligible because Big Daddy is a Mii Costume

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of our DLC stage Pack for represented franchises:

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Airship1 (3)1 (2)15
Mappy3 (9)3 (6)217
Geese's Tower1 (3)4 (8)213
Big Shell3 (9)1 (2)213
Ancient City3 (9)1 (2)011
Keyblade Graveyard2 (6)2 (4)212
Emerald Coast1 (3)2 (4)512

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Hall of Hieroglyphics2 (6)2 (4)414
Winter Game Events4 (12)5 (10)123
Gangplank Galleon1 (6)2 (2)616
Splatsville1 (3)4 (8)112
Ninja Hideaway5 (15)0116
Dream Den01 (2)13

While Ninja Hideaway did indeed snag the most amount of three point votes, Winter Game Events managed to snag the overall amount of points with one three point vote less than Ninja Hideaway. With that being said, we will be going to Winter Game Events for one of our stages combined with Mappy which gained 17 votes for our third party! Congrats and thank you to all for voting!

I also going to not let the stage submission fly because, technically, we do have Big Daddy as a Mii Costume. That being stage, this stage would actually take place BEFORE the Big Daddy costume was released SO we will be allowing it.

Here are our submissions....

View attachment 352683
World of Civilization

Based on the highly prestigious series of 4X strategy games, Sid Meier's Civilization. World of Civilization is a medium-sized stage where there are several platforms that spawn proportionate to the number of players, with 2 players spawning 3 and 8 spawning 15 within the red boundary shown, arranged in an almost gridlike pattern. Here's the stage with Mario for scale:

The hazard that's affected by Hazard Toggle is that there are different terrains that affect how fighters do battle:
  • Plains: The main platform and several will be just that: normal platforms with no gimmicks whatsoever.​
  • Woods: Dodging on these platforms will increase your dodge frames by 2.​
  • Tundra: An ice-coated platform that allows you to slip around like on Summit.​
  • Desert: A platform that slows down all movement.​
  • Mountains: Tiles that are double the size of normal platforms that are extremely hard as opposed to the other platforms.​
  • Ocean: A water tile that keeps one afloat. You can drown in this, like with other stages that have water like Isle Delfino and Tortimer Island, but when drowning here, you'll be meteor-spiked instead.​
In the background is a less intrusive gimmick:

This is a giant map that functionally serves as a representation of the fight in Smash. At the start of a match, a Capital city bearing the Stock icon and color scheme of each fighter will appear at random locations. As you fight and kill your foes, those civilizations will expand across the globe, establishing cities, building up resources, and eventually waging war on one another. The size and military power of each civilization are influenced by the performance of the fighter associated with that civilization. When a fighter is defeated, their capital city will be conquered by the fighter that took their last stock.
Maybe this didn't count but.
13th Hierarchical City of Kagutsuchi (BlazBlue)
One of the main places of the BlazBlue series and where most of the important stages are, we will move between stage and stage using an invisible platform that resembles the character's crest (particulary the one of Rachel Alucard).

Sure, this is supposed to be before Sol but I think that's the reason why this would be somewhat funny, since that would make the Sol's appearence more impressive since most people would assume "if they wanted to include something of ArcSys they would include this stage alongside them". Almost all the locations has the regular flat layout. There is a day-night rotation in all the stages with sky. In Battlefield/Omega we will always be in the transparent magic platform but a little modified to be able to host the entire fight instead of just moving the players to each part of the stage, the background is looked in Altar/Adventus.

1st Location - Monorail
We will start in the Monorail since is Ragna's home stage in Calamity Trigger, sometimes the train will pass and will damage the characters near the rails. Naoto Kurogane and Es will appear here sometimes.

2nd Location - Kagutsuchi's Port
We will move to the Kagutsuchi's Port, this stage was the home stage of Ragna, Noel, Carl Clover and Hazama in Continuum Shift. Carl Clover, Noel, Tsubaki Yayoi, Mai Natsume and Kagura will appear has cameos.

3rd Location A - Oriental Town
A stage with chinese motifs, it was the home stage of Tager and Litchi Faye Ling in some games. There is a 50% chances that this stage appears during the loop. With a 100% of chances if in the last loop the stage was the Ronin District. Litchi Faye Ling, Arakune and the rest of the Sector 7 team (Tager, Kokonoe, Bullet and Lambda-11) will appear has cameos.

3rd Location B - Ronin District
A stage with japanese motifs, the most knowed character that use this stage has his home is Bang Shishigami. There is a 50% chances that this stage appears during the loop. With a 100% of chances if in the last loop the stage was the Oriental Town. The proper Bang and Amane will be see here.

4th Location - Bascule
A bridge that connects the capital with the rest of the city, it best knowed has the stage of Platinum the Trinity in some games even if Tager also used it. A dog will bark sometimes too. Platinum, Taokaka and Makoto will be cameos here.

Final Location - Altar/Adventus

An important place that was the center of attention of various parts of the story, most noticeable Continuum Shift., sometimes the Altar will morph into Adventus that has the same layout. In this stage we will see Ragna with his brothers Jin and Noel (in her Mu-12 appearence) fighting Hazama, but if Adventus is active the battle instead will be Ragna and Hakumen versus Yuuki Terumi.

Bonus - BLUE
BLUE would appear during the transition of the loop, it's only the background tho.

EDIT: Changed it to make it more interesing.
Zoo Tycoon

This is a transforming/travelling stage based on the Zoo Tycoon series

The bulk of the stage takes place on the Gondola. You cannot stand on the gondola's ceiling, but it does tilt - sometimes to the point where you can stand on the walls like sloped floors
View attachment 352685

You will be dropped off at different enclosures. Each contains their respective animals, but they don't interact in any way. Rather than the simulations common of zoos, these are moreso just perfect replicas of these animals' natural habitats that just so happen to have walls with visitors. Once the gondola comes to pick you back up the animals will jump back into the arena instantly. These are done in a random order.

Penguin Enclosure
View attachment 352687
Red represents soft platforms, which is in this case rocks. Blue represents a swimmable pool. Yellow represents slippery snow.

Lion Enclosure
View attachment 352690

The soft platforms are branches of a tree, while the hard platforms are a high up rock formation

Monkey Enclosure
View attachment 352691

The soft platform is a rope while the hard platforms are wooden. The yellow block represents a rope ladders

Wolf Enclosure
View attachment 352693

You can't KO out the sides because of trees serving as walls, however there's a waterfall in the middle that makes you fall to your doom like downwards wind - the red platform here is a rock, it is not soft but rather semi-soft (you can go up it but now down it)

Panda Exhibit
View attachment 352695
The top platforms are giant logs, while the bottom platform is grass

Meerkat Exhibit
View attachment 352700

The red platform is a soft bridge, while the blue blocks are hiding areas (so if you enter you'll be covered up)

Walrus Exhibit
View attachment 352701

This form is one of the smallest arenas in the game total, it struggles to contain even 3 fighters. The blue area is swimmable water while the black platform is a rock

Omega takes place on top of a flat gondola, while Battlefield takes place in the lion enclosure specifically with platforms coming from the tree
Battle Bus (Fortnite)

This stage takes place on top of the Battle Bus length wise while the bus flies around the map

This stage would be like Minecraft world where it has 3 options that can be selected

Artemis

Apollo

Athena

They would be based on their chapters respective season 1 and would change the landmarks that are visited in the map

The bus would just fly around the map and you can see the landmarks and people fighting and building on the map

In terms of cameos Several skins and characters from Fortnite will appear either in the windows of the Battle Bus, Will fly next to the battle bus on a glider or will be in the battle royale map itself either standing on something or fighting each other, They will occasionally Emote as well

Cameo List
-Jonesy
-Agent Jones
-Ludwig
-Brainiac
-Guernsy
-Ramirez
-Spitfire
-Banshee
-Hawk
-Headhunter
-Mansu
-Emmy
-Fishstick
-Cuddle Team Leader
-Peely
-Tomatohead
-Beef Boss
-Lil' Whip
-Meowscles
-Bushranger
-Guaco
-Ripley Vs. Sludge
-Carlos
-Wildcat
-Renegade
-Rio
-Hector
-Midas
-The Foundation
-The Visitor
-The Scientist
-The Origin
-The Imagined
-The Order
-The Paradigm
-Raptor
-Raven
-Aura
-Brutus
-Raz
-Lynx
-Ginger Gunner
-Power Chord
-Rabbit Raider
-Haze
-Deadfire
-Boxer
-Big Chuggus
-Wild Card
-Bash
-Penny
-Jules
-Brite Bomber
-Blaze
-Zorgotron
-Sunny
-Dr. Slone
-Torin
-Fabio Sparklemane
-The Cube Queen
-Haven
-Gumbo
-Tsuki 2.0
-Gunnar
-Kiara K.O.
-Drift
-Bao Bros.
-Southpaw
-Catalyst
-Vi
-Robo-Rey
-Ember
-Polar Patroller
-Dark Voyager
-Sparkle Specialist
-Skull Trooper
-Mecha Cuddle Master
-Kevbot
-Lars
-Lexa
-Kit
-Toon Meowscles
-Renegade Raider
-Calamity
-8-ball vs. Scratch
-Luxe
-Black Knight
-The Reaper
-Spire Assassin
-Mancake
-Leelah
-Halley
-Leviathan
The Sims House (The Sims)

View attachment 352707

The Sims is a super iconic video game franchise that I do not believe is represented in Infinite. Why don't we let The Sims be represented via a stage of the house? Basically it's a traveling stage that takes you through the different rooms of the house. It starts in the front of the house being a walkout zone. Then, it goes to the kitchen being a large space, the bathroom being smaller, the bedroom, the living room and the backyard which is a walkout section. Basically, every section is a walkout section. The only hazards here are the removal and additions of furniture as if a fighter is standing in a section where a piece of furniture/equipment were to be added, the fighter will get damaged.
Aperture Smash Chamber (Portal)

That's right. GLaDOS was so excited to collect data of fighters from across the multiverse that she constructed an entire testing chamber just for them!

This stage takes place inside the Aperture Science Enrichment Center, the main location of the Portal series of first-person puzzle games. It's a part of the facility which is still being constructed by the central core of Aperture, GLaDOS, before the match has even begun! The layout is finished by the time the announcer declares "GO!", but the background is still having tiles put into place and whatnot. GLaDOS can be seen in the background at the center of the square chamber, as well as the Aperture Laboratories logo - but instead of a design resembling a camera lens, it has a Smash Ball design to the left of it. You can also see an exit, but there is no way to get to it at the moment...apparently GLaDOS plans on the fighters being here for quite a while. There's lots of testing materials in the background as well, including Hard-Light Bridges, Reflection Cubes, Lasers, Aerial Faith Plates (with cubes flying between them occasionally), and buttons. It seems a little disorganized, and throughout the match GLaDOS will multitask between trying to keep the appearance up by using clawed hands and removing unwanted testing materials, and controlling the stage. Speaking of which...

(TL;DR appearance is an unfinished testing facility with a Smash logo and a big ol robot in the middle)

View attachment 352706
The bulk of Aperture Smash Chamber is a long, flat stage the size of Kalos with two walls on each side, each with a portal that leads to the other. There are two tubes protruding from above which will drop testing materials at certain times, with GLaDOS saying something along the lines of, "Try this test on for size" or "I would share with you the percentage of subjects who were able to outsmart this one, but I fear it would discourage you from proceeding any further." For example, a Companion Cube might fall from one, and the players are tasked with attacking it so that it lands on the button. Or another example, you might have to take down a few turrets that drop in from both sides (yes, they're just as much of a pushover (literally) as in Portal). If you succeed in your trial, a chocolate cake falls down from the pillar closest to the player who solved the puzzle - hooray! "There's plenty more where that came from...if you're willing to, shall we say, turn up the heat a bit," GLaDOS remarks as the healing item (10%) drops down. The tests will become increasingly difficult, as GLaDOS may change the layout slightly by adding solid walls in undesirable locations, bringing in a Hard-Light Bridge from the background into the foreground, creating a temporary soft platform, or spawning a laser which must be avoided at all costs, as it will deal 1% every few frames it is touched. The portals on the sides of the walls work exactly like Ultimate's Stage Builder portals, except they do not have a cooldown period.

TL;DR GLaDOS makes you do Warioware-like puzzles, if you do you get cake that heals you, portals on each side.

If a fighter gets KO'd by lasers or turret fire (which instakill opponents who have been dealt 100% or more), they will receive a custom insult from GLaDOS - such rude remarks are a key part of Portal's story and gameplay. I don't know any we could have offhand, though the submissions (if this stage were to win) would be similar to how it works for Codec Calls, Palutena's Guidance, etc. This is something that would be absolutely necessary in a Portal stage IMO, along with the series' signature mechanic.

As for reasons of inclusion, Portal is a really huge game, but neither of its main characters really work from a fighting game standpoint (one is kinda generic and has the potential of being too OP/not well designed, the other one literally cannot function like a fighter due to her nature as a central command AI). Portal is absolutely deserving of representation though, and I would argue that a stage represents it better than a fighter (since Portal doesn't really focus on the characters as much as it does the environments around them). Also, it would be a crime for this game to call itself "Infinite" and not have Still Alive OR Want You Gone (spoiler warnings on those songs BTW). Portal has a bunch more great songs as well (especially from the second game) and we could also technically include some Half-Life content since they share a universe. Overall, Portal is a part of gaming history that warrants a place in Smash, and a think a stage is the best way to go about that.
Popular game stage submission:
Nuketown (Call of Duty)
View attachment 352730
Nuketown, USA is one of playable maps in Call of Duty games, released by Activision since 2003 and it became very popular franchise since it's beginning.
Nuketown is a small town as the name implies, where it locates near area, where atomic bombs are sent there and explode into mushroom cloud.
The map debuted in in Call of Duty Black Ops, made by Treyarch and published by Activision and it later appeared in Call of Duty mobile.
Nuketown was so popular that was remade into multiple versions of it like Nuketown (Black Ops 4), Nuketown 2025, Nuk3town and Nuketown '84.

The layout of the stage would be walk-off arena with houses' walls as stage's walls. The rooftops of the building would serve as platform that you could jump on. They're soft platforms that appear on this stage. Meanwhile the school bus and truck would also serve as solid platforms on this stage (They can't be destroyed).
(The stage would be based on OG Nuketown)
Wait! There's more about the stage, the hazards! Yup, that's right. The hazards are gonna be soldiers, who run around the stage and shoot at the foreground, damaging players or Assist Trophies when they're around. Some of them run the foreground (You can defeat them though) and some of them are in background (Which you can't harm them). They appear for while and they go away.
View attachment 352735
(The designs of the soldiers)
(I know it would be misleading to not add nuke in background as this stage's name suggests, but due to avoiding the nuke references in this game, the nuke explosion won't appear in background)
Also we see Captain Price, Ghost and Frank Woods cameo in the game (I didn't wanted to include Richtofen, because he has connection to Nazi references, which it would be bad idea to mention them in game).

If you turn-off the hazards, the soldier won't appear after all.

The FD and Battlefield forms take place over the Nuketown on floating platform.
The Omega form is like FD, but Cod themed.
The battlefield form would be like FD, but it has three platforms that he roof textures on it.

I nominate Nuketown as unrepresented stage based on popular video game series, because Call of Duty while controversial for little bit is one of most iconic FPS games of all time and it should get a representation in smash, since it's a big franchise (that is milked by devs) and it's one of Activision franchises that should be represented in game.
Also since we won't get a CoD fighter, then we could get a stage instead.

Also I know this franchise is too mature, we could tone it down by removing violent content to make it less brutal.
Look, Snake, Bayo and Joker have firearms, so it won't be a problem to include a stage based on shooting game.
View attachment 352737
Anor Londo (Dark Souls)

View attachment 352739

View attachment 352751
Popular game submission:

Rapture - Bioshock

The other locations are:

Point Prometheus:

Arcadia:
View attachment 352784

Bosses Lair

Stage Hazards:

Hangar (Doom)
The first level of the legendary Doom (1993), this stage will feature an aesthetic based on the original Doom with some elements of Doom II.

• Layout
This stage will feature the following layout
View attachment 352785 (Yes, I made it in MS Paint)

• Hazards
1. Shotgun Guys. These enemies will shoot bullets with a decent amount of damage when appearing on stage, they only take 1 hit to defeat
2. Imp. These enemies will throw powerfull fire balls when spawning, they take 3 hits to defeat
3. Pinky. These enemies will run straight to their target and start dealing physical damage, they take 5 hits to defeat
4. Lost Soul. These enemies will go very fast to their target but they won't deal a lot of damage, they take only 2 hits to defeat
5. Cacodemon. These enemies will fly all around the stage while throwing fireballs, they take 5 hits to defeat
6. Chaingunner. These enemies will act similar to the Shotgun Guys but wielding a Chain Gun, they take 3 hits to defeat tho
7. Revenant. These enemies will throw two missiles, an unguided one and a homing one, they take 2 hits to defeat
8. Mancubus. These enemies despite being slow will shot fire balls, they take 5 hits to defeat
9. Cyberdemon. This will be the big boss of the stage (Similar to Metal Face) he will shoot big and powerfull rockets, he takes a good 15 hits to defeat
10. First-Aid Kits. Simple First-Aid kits will appear, when grabbed they will heal 3% in the small ones and 8% in the big ones

• Note
All blood obviously will be censored lol
Stage Pack #2: Presidium

View attachment 352786

Remember Mass Effect 3 was on the Wii U! As much as I'd like Commander Shepard in the game, this is a great second option. This stage will take place in a cross section of the Presidium, the most famous landmark in the most famous location in the Mass Effect series, the Citadel. This is an artificial outdoor environment created all throughout a massive ring-shaped space station. In general, it looks like this throughout, with nice cityscape waterworks and foliage underneath a very low and fake sky. Along the walls are thousands of offices, embassies, shops, and residences for races throughout the Milky Way. Notably, instead of the regular handful of popular specific character cameos, this stage will have a few dozen cameos of generic human, asari, turian, salarian, krogan, quarian, volus, elcor, drell, and hanar NPCs! All far in the background to keep them lowpoly. This represents Mass Effect's rich set of alien races instead of showcasing any fan-favorite character, setting the stage apart. Put some keepers there for good measure. This will represent the Presidium, and by extension the Mass Effect universe, as the lived-in and deeply complex place that it deserves to be represented as. The Relay Monument and Krogan Monument should also be visible in the background.

The layout of the stage takes after Temple, where the only hazard is the size of the stage itself. It reaches all the way up to those skywalks you see in the preview image there. There will be openings along the floor and ceiling of that so fighters can get in and knock each other around in there. For those without Villager-level recoveries, the Citadel's famous flying cars will sometimes levitate up and down, acting as an elevator to get to that spot or to just fight on top of the cars in the middle area of the stage. The bottom is a large walkoff section with various swimming sections sprinkled throughout, as well as elevated walkways to fight on top of that crisscross throughout the Presidium. Essentially, the stage is composed of various layers of flat ground stacked on top of each other that allow for easy travel between them, each with slightly different geography to set them apart.
Watchpoint: Gibraltar (Overwatch)

The map that started it all, Overwatch's home base. The battle takes place at the first right angle, with you being able to sit on both the bridge between the towers and the incline at the far edge, as well as battle on the road itself, with the payload constantly moving back and forth.

View attachment 352795

Tracer, Reinhardt, Winston, Genji, Mercy, and Mei appear as cameos pushing the payload forward.
Reaper, Widowmaker, Moira, Doomfist, Sigma, and Sombra appear trying to push it back, with them having a mock battle in the background of the fight.

Occassionally, some characters not aligned with either side such as D.va (flying around on her mech in the background), Junkrat and Roadhog (dancing and sitting down, respectively), Pharah (touching down), Torbjorn (setting up a turret and hammering away at it), Cassidy (shooting at Ashe from behind cover), and Ashe (shooting at Cassidy from behind cover) will appear, though these are more sporadic and random.

Overwatch's flag also flies proudly in the background. How inspiring!​
Here are the submissions:

• 13th Hierarchical City of Kagutsuchi (BlazBlue)
  • The Zoo (Zoo Tycoon)
  • Battle Bus (Fornite)
  • Hangar (Doom)
  • Sims House (The Sims)
  • World of Civiliazation (Sid Mier's Civilization)
  • Aperture Smash Chamber (Portal)
  • Anor Landor (Dark Souls)
  • Rapture (Bioshock)
  • Nuketown (Call of Duty)
  • Watchpoint: Gibraltar (Overwatch)
  • Presidium (Mass Effect)

PLEASE GO HERE TO VOTE

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Following this job, we will be submitting music for the winning stage so please keep that in mind. That being said, following the music submissions, we will be starting our next to last pack (not chronoigically).

This character will be of Western origin. So I want to hear your opinions, should we keep the prompt open or should we narrow it down?

Please keep in mind:
  • Ratchet can cycle between weapons which, technically, would work in the same way as an FPS fighter
  • We have two sword users
  • One fighter
  • No girls so far
  • No one who uses fists
  • Platformer, Fighting, Adventure, and RPG are represented
Based on that, what do you think is a desirable prompt? General submissions OR something more focused?

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I didn't noticed the votes dammit.

Respect the question, general submission would allow more ideas.

Also the name of the poll is Spirit Event lol, isn't like big mistake but I find it funny, sorry.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Following this job, we will be submitting music for the winning stage so please keep that in mind. That being said, following the music submissions, we will be starting our next to last pack (not chronoigically).

This character will be of Western origin. So I want to hear your opinions, should we keep the prompt open or should we narrow it down?

Please keep in mind:
  • Ratchet can cycle between weapons which, technically, would work in the same way as an FPS fighter
  • We have two sword users
  • One fighter
  • No girls so far
  • No one who uses fists
  • Platformer, Fighting, Adventure, and RPG are represented
Based on that, what do you think is a desirable prompt? General submissions OR something more focused?
Hmmm...point-and-click adventure games don't have a character in Smash. And there's a metric ton to pick from that genre.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
We will be using older tracks for these.
That seems a bit odd. If people are buying these additional stages for money, wouldn't they want to receive exclusive music with them?

In terms of Western fighters, uh I'd just like to draw attention to the fact that the penguin from Club Penguin:

• is Western
  • does not originate from an FPS game
  • does not use a sword
  • isn't a fighter
  • can be both a boy and a girl (or neither)
  • can use fists (flippers?)
  • is from a genre not yet represented in Smash, an MMO
Yes I'm gonna keep bringing up this character in every discussion period

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright then I will also do the facts of the Doom Slayer, my personal favorite western option:
  • Obviously Western
  • It's from a FPS, but not any FPS, he comes from THE FPS, there is a reason why before the term was popularized, people tend to call any other shooter in first person has "Doom-like games".
  • He can use a sword, but his arsenal is way bigger than that, all his weapons has notorious differences.
  • He use his fists to crush the demons, but of course the way he uses his hands would be tammed.
  • Even if the Weapon Wheel would be a good (an ideal) gimmick for the Slayer we don't really need to use it. He can work perfectly fine using all his weapons has different moves. In other words he doesn't need a gimmick at all, just his sheer brutal force.
  • It's probably one of the most populars western characters that isn't in the game yet (and with the exception of those that didn't make the cut like Rayman).
  • It would be sort of a interesing change to the anime-ish Lloyd and Sol and the cartoonish Ratchet.
  • There are no green characters.
  • Come on, we all known that one of the main reasons to have the Slayer is all the music we can obtain with his inclusion, from the classics At Doom's Gate or Kitchen Ace to the also lovable new tracks like Rip & Tear, Meathook or Super Gore Nest.

Last edited:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
Alright then I will also do the facts of the Doom Slayer, my personal favorite western option:
  • Obviously Western
  • It's from a FPS, but not any FPS, he comes from THE FPS, there is a reason why before the term was popularized, people tend to call any other shooter in first personas has "Doom-like games".
  • He can use a sword, but his arsenal is way bigger than that, all his weapons has notorious differences.
  • He use his fists to crush the demons, but of course the way he uses his hands would be tammed.
  • Even if the Weapon Wheel would be a good (an ideal) gimmick for the Slayer we don't really need to use it. He can work perfectly fine using all his weapons has different moves.
  • It's probably one of the most populars western characters that isn't in the game yet (and with the exception of those that didn't make the cut like Rayman).
Wasn't Doomslayer a costume already?

Anyways, If we are doing what western fighters should be here and why, I want to point out how Conker isn't Smash yet

• He is western
  • He isn't from an FPS, in fact he comes from a genre with only one rep in the whole DLC
  • He has used enought tools to give him a unique moveset
  • He can work without gimmicks which I personally think is a relief after Sol and Ratchet
  • He is quite requested an beloved
  • In his prime he was considered a Nintendo character
If he isn't deconfirmed for his spirit in the base game I think he is a good choice, I wish i could talk about Gordon Freeman here but I think we should go for a true FPS rep/Valve rep in the third pass

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
In terms of keeping it open or narrowing it down, I'd say we should go ahead and only allow genres new to Smash from Western origins, and as far as FPS stuff goes the character would have to have a lot to differentiate them from Ratchet playstyle wise.
Imho, after doing a quick check to Ratchet's moveset it would be easy to differenciate them, the only comparison point would be that is most likely that it would also be a zoner (even if in any case, the Doom Slayer would have a mix of zoning and close distance combat with his shotgun and fists,but I was trying to comparing with other potential characters from the FPS genre like the Duke Nukem, the Master Chief or Gordon Freeman), and in general the less fantasy-like behavior (comparing a portal gun with a shotgun with a grappling hook attached).

Wasn't Doomslayer a costume already?
Afaik not all the costumes from Ultimate where ported here, including his costume.

Last edited:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
Afaik not all the costumes from Ultimate where ported here, including his costume.
Makes sense

Conker was only really a Nintendo character before his prime. All Nintendo did for BFD was the marketing, not the publishing or copyrights or anything like that.
Everything IP from Rare since they started to do Donkey Kong games was considered a Nintendo IP until they were bought by Microsoft, thats the point I wanted to make.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Figured out the perfect character: Manny Calavera from Grim Fandango

• He's western, made by LucasArts
  • He's from a point-and-click adventure game, one that's considered one of the greatest of all time
  • He has a scythe, not a sword
  • His moveset could feel like a point-and-click adventure in and of itself without the need for a gimmick.
  • Is one fighter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom