• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Job 1:
I'm unfamiliar with Golden Sun, but would it matter which version of the character we use? I know that Isaac is an adult in the second game, but would that affect his gameplay?

Job 2:
Balance Board (Wii Fit)
Wii Balance Board.png

When summoned, the Balance Board will first just around greeting the fighters/player. The Balance Board cannot be damaged or knocked out, but it will then begin to stretch. This will work similar to Devil, but the stage will then be slanted at an angle to the direction of the balance board leaning to, and even effect the blast zone. However, unlike Devil, this will also impact the fighters. The fighters will slightly slide to the side that is lower. Fighters will not slide if they are A) buried, B) in the air or C) grabbing onto a ledge. A fighter will enter their teeter animation if they slide right next to the edge of a platform. The Balance Board wouldn't be able to spawn on certain stages such as Flat Zone X or Pac-Land, with special shout out to the Wii Fit Studio (since he is a background element).

But why the Balance Board? I was trying to think of something that was similar to previous Assist Trophies, without simply coping it. I noticed that while there were assists that blocked/zoomed/moved the screen, there was no assist that tilted it. And The Balance Board was one of the only ones I could think of.

Job 3:
That depends, are we including echo fighters in our newcomer total?

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Assist Trophy Suggestion: Big the Cat (from Sonic the Hedgehog Series)

My idea is that Big the Cat will spawn on the stage to find Froggy. He walks around and constantly calls for Froggy to come out. When he is close to a fighter, Big the Cat will use his fishing pole to grab fighters. When Big’s fishing pole latches on to a fighter, he will shout Froggy’s name with joy and start to reel in his catch. Due to Big’s strength, the fighter will be reeled in at different speeds, depending on the fighter’s weight. During this reel time, you will start to take damage and other fighters can come in and try to get a KO. If Big successfully reels in a fighter, he will say, “Hey, your not Froggy!” and continue to look and reel in fighters, until it’s time to go.

Big the Cat should be included, because of his popularity. Big the Cat first appeared in Sonic Adventure and his popularity has grown more over time, even becoming a spirit in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Also, Sonic the Hedgehog doesn’t have a lot of representation compared to the other third parties, even though he has a huge impact on gaming. Having a Big the Cat assist trophy would give the Sonic series more representation.

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
This thread looks like it's exactly my style. Can I be a developer partner?

Anyway, let's talk about Isaac's moveset.

This may seem odd, but I've noticed characters that have been heavily requested since Brawl - for instance, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie - tend to have simpler movesets that wouldn't seem out-of-place in Brawl. I suppose maybe it's about giving fans of the character a moveset that matches what they would have expected from the character all those years ago. With that in mind, I'm not particularly interested in giving Isaac some kind of XP or Djinn gimmick. The most I would go for is about Sephiroth's level of complexity.

When I make a moveset, I like to outline the core elements of the character that I would wish to highlight. So let's do that. Keep in mind that I'm not that familiar with Golden Sun.
  • Above all, Isaac is a Venus Adept. In other words, he has earth magic.
  • Isaac gets Cure at a low level in his default class series. (At least, that's what the wiki tells me.) In the early game, he's your healer.
  • In addition to typical earth magic, Isaac also gets utility Psynergy like Move, which are actually used in the field.
  • Isaac is considered a "warrior-style Adept" by the wiki, in comparison to "mage-style Adepts".
  • I'm not confident in this having not played the game, but if Golden Sun is like any other RPG, you're gonna be using earth magic way more than your sword.
Now, I can construct a moveset with these in mind. Or at least a mere outline of a moveset.

Isaac fits the general mold of a swordfighter, but he doesn't do that much actual swordfighting. Instead, most of his disjoints are actually Venus Psynergy. They're not projectiles, so he isn't a zoner, but they do give him a decently large range. As an earth mage, it follows that his ground game is better than his air game.
  • Isaac's down-tilt is Quake, which causes a column of earth to come from the ground and bounce an opponent upward. It's good to start combos, but its hitbox is directly on the ground, so it won't really hit airborne opponents.
  • Isaac's down-smash is Gaia, which cause a pillar of energy to erupt from the ground beneath him. This is a powerful move that covers all around you, but it leaves you quite vulnerable if you miss.
  • Isaac's down-air is Spire. It's a stall-then-fall attack where Isaac creates a variety of stalactites... then charges downward with them, sword pointed down.
  • Isaac's up-B is Growth. It creates a tall plant that has a hitbox while it's growing. For the few seconds it's on the field, it can be climbed like a ladder.
  • Isaac's down-B is Cure. This move heals Isaac about 5%, but is somewhat risky to pull off due to its high start- and endlag.
  • Isaac's final smash is Judgment, It's a cutscene final smash that recreates the animation for the original's Judgment summon,

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
On another note, I want to instantly contribute to this thread by coming up with a concept for Assist Trophy which is going to be:

Prisoners of War
Metal Slug Series

Prisoners of War (or P.O.W for short) is a reoccurring supporting character in Metal Slug, a game made by SNK, you may remember this series because the music from the game were included as part of Terry's DLC and oddly enough it's the only SNK series that lack any physical representation to which influence this post. Essentially they appear in almost every Metal Slug game and come with different varieties but each of them have the same behavior: giving out items to the player if you hit them/freeing them. They're scattered throughout each stage with the most common being the prisoner variation that basically also act as an extra point everytime you free them.

now for the character that is going to be the Assist Trophy. Like I said before there is numerous variation of P.O.W.s but the ones that I'm going to focus on is Hyakutaro Ichimonji and Rumi Arikawa.

The reason why this Assist Trophy have 2 characters in it is a reference to how you encountering them on a specific portion of the level to which usually crowded by soldiers and NPCs as any Metal Slug would be. When spawning in there will be 3 prisoner tied up and will be scattered around the stage but didn't get affected by how big the stage and appear around you, they're a normal prisoner and just like in Metal Slug after freeing them they will give you item and buffs and in Smash they will drop items like Super Scope and Steel Diver to name a few and after that they will instantly disappear or run away until they vanished into thin air. But, there's a 50% chance that one of those prisoner is Hyakutaro (a legendary soldier disguised as a normal prisoner). His behavior will be different as instead of straight giving you an item he will instead roaming around the stage and at a certain moment or when hitting him he will charge up an energy attack (in the same vane as a hadoken) and releasing it in a burst which has chance broke the enemy's shield, this is similar to his appearance as Marco Rossi's Super in Neo Geo Coliseum.

Continuing from the AT summon there is a chance that Rumi will appear alongside 3 of those prisoner, instead being tied up she will instead wondering around the stage but, if you or the enemy get close to her she will run away and push everyone around if they are in her way which could be use as an edge guard. If you successfully free her she will drop food item and rarely a Heart Container, this is also to her behavior in the original Metal Slug game while her attack animation is from Metal Sligh Attack but her running away gimmick is original to Smash.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
On another note, I want to instantly contribute to this thread by coming up with a concept for Assist Trophy which is going to be:

Prisoners of War
Metal Slug Series

Prisoners of War (or P.O.W for short) is a reoccurring supporting character in Metal Slug, a game made by SNK, you may remember this series because the music from the game were included as part of Terry's DLC and oddly enough it's the only SNK series that lack any physical representation to which influence this post. Essentially they appear in almost every Metal Slug game and come with different varieties but each of them have the same behavior: giving out items to the player if you hit them/freeing them. They're scattered throughout each stage with the most common being the prisoner variation that basically also act as an extra point everytime you free them.

now for the character that is going to be the Assist Trophy. Like I said before there is numerous variation of P.O.W.s but the ones that I'm going to focus on is Hyakutaro Ichimonji and Rumi Arikawa.

The reason why it has this Assist Trophy have 2 characters in it is a reference to you encountering them on a specific portion of the level. When spawning in there will be 3 prisoner tied up and will be scattered around the stage but didn't get affected by how big the stage and appear around you, they're a normal prisoner and just like in Metal Slug after freeing them they will give you item and buffs and in Smash they will drop items like Super Scope and Steel Diver to name a few and after that they will instantly disappear or run away until they vanished into thin air. But, there's a 50% chance that one of those prisoner is Hyakutaro (a legendary soldier disguised as a normal prisoner). His behavior will be different as instead of straight giving you an item he will instead roaming around the stage and at a certain moment or when hitting him he will charge up an energy attack (in the same vane as a hadoken) and releasing it in a burst which has chance broke the enemy's shield, this is similar to his appearance as Marco Rossi's Super in Neo Geo Coliseum.

Continuing from the AT summon there is a chance that Rumi will appear alongside 3 of those prisoner, instead being tied up she will instead wondering around the stage but, if you or the enemy get close to her she will run away and push everyone around if they are in her way which could be use as an edge guard. If you successfully free her she will drop food item and rarely a Heart Container, this is also to her behavior in the original Metal Slug game while her attack animation is from Metal Sligh Attack but her running away gimmick is original to Smash.
I love how one of them looks like an actual prisoner of war, but the other is a typical anime girl.

Anyways, here's my idea for an Assist Trophy (apologies for the lack of an image):

The Medic (Team Fortress 2)
Basically, when you summon him, he does what he does in TF2: constantly heal whoever summoned him. How much he heals you depends on how close he is to you. Also, if you manage to keep him close you for an extended period of time, he'll give you some stat boosts, referencing the Uber state in TF2.

I went with Medic because, while I've never played TF2, I know the characters are a HUGE selling point, with the Medic being one of the more popular ones. However, while he does have SOME combat abilities, he's moreso meant to be a supporter. As such, I honestly think making him an AT would be more faithful to his character than making him playable. Though I know how people dislike ATs, so I can understand any pushback such a statement would recieve...

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I love how one of them looks like an actual prisoner of war, but the other is a typical anime girl.
I mean there's this artwork for her which look much older than that one but it's still the same character, she didn't really aged in the game tbh.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 2

Eggplant Wizard

Arguably the most Iconic enemy from the Kid Icarus franchise, it has a fun ability not seen anywhere else.

It has a few different moves that all have the same effect. if your opponent is hit by their projectile they will become an Eggplant. Becoming an eggplant replaces the characters torso and/or head with an eggplant that prevents you from attacking, it can be removed by waiting it out, taking a bit of damage, losing a stock or having a teammate grab it off.

The Eggplant Wizard will fire Eggplant shaped projectiles in a few different ways

1. They will throw one projectile in a large arc

2. They will throw 2 projectiles in a straight line

3. They will lob a single projectile over the head of the nearest opponent

They will do all of this while occasionally walking or teleporting around the stage. It can be KO'd

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Job 1:
I'm unfamiliar with Golden Sun, but would it matter which version of the character we use? I know that Isaac is an adult in the second game, but would that affect his gameplay?
Yes. That affects his core skeleton and hitboxes because DD Isaac is quite a deal taller than OG Isaac, and he's just a major NPC in that game, not a party member. It's not like Ike where his proportions remain the same basically entirely and he's just got a different outfit.

As for my post on Job 1:

Isaac's core mechanics are his moves that spawn out of the ground, such as thorns and earthen pillars/ spires. He can spawn these at a variable distance from himself, and as they spawn out of the ground, they are not likely to clank with projectiles, which has a high risk/reward as an option, since on one hand you can kill through/stuff out zoning, but on the other if you're too slow you'll just die.

He can also set various djinn to apply certain elemental damage to these moves, which is loosely based on added psynergy and changing classes. Thanks to his psynergy hand, his grab range is quite above average, though to compensate his sword normals may be slightly laggy.

Job 2:

Assist Trophy: Jenna (Golden Sun)

Isaac's love interest and eventual wife is a new assist trophy. Her arsenal includes the pound and carry moves from the old assist trophy, though instead of move she performs Serpent Plume, which has similar knockback properties, while also dealing fire damage.

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
Job 1:

I think that, much like what ahemtoday ahemtoday has said, Isaac shouldn't be very gimmicky and instead should have a simpler moveset, as if he was made during the Brawl era. So no PP, level ups or Djinn gimmicks.

For statistics, he'd be around medium height, being somewhere between taller than Mario but shorter than Marth. On the ground, his movement speed would be pretty good and he'd be a middleweight, which is similar to his stats from Golden Sun. In the air though, he'd have average jump height and fall speed, with below average air speed, as his abilities on the ground are where he shines.

Then for his moveset, as a Venus adept, Isaac would focus more on using various Venus (Earth) Psynergy than swordfighting. Most of his grounded attacks would use these abilities, like Quake, Thorn, Punji, Gaia, etc. Some Psynergy do use sword attacks though, including Annihilation and Ragnarok. His grab uses would use Catch for extra reach, then his throws would use Utility Psynergies, like Move or Pound. In the air is when Isaac will use more basic sword attacks, though Helm/Skull Splitter would still be available as D-air.

I think that about covers the basics. I can be more specific about what I think his moves would be, but I'll cover that during the next section. Let me know if you'd prefer me to cover that now instead though. 👍

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
This sounds really fun, and I want a piece of this pie. So here's my contribution:

Job 2: Mad Scienstein
1609281824875.png

Mad Scienstein, originally known as Dr. Arewo Stein, has had an interesting history in Nintendo's game library. He first debuted in Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru, the same game Prince Sable is from. In the game, he's a researcher for an institute on Nantendou Island, providing the player with helpful items such as gloves that increase strength or a device that can control mammoths. Later on, he would go on to serve various roles in the Wario Land series. In Wario Land 3, he throws potions that can turn Wario into Invisible Wario, and in Wario Land 4, he is found researching the Golden Pyramid, and while he poses no harm, he can be damaged, picked up, and thrown like other enemies, which is used for solving puzzles.

As an Assist Trophy in Smash, Mad Scienstein would act as he does in Wario Land 4. He walks around the stage aimlessly with a magnifying glass, and initially he doesn't do anything to damage opponents. However, like Pyukumuku, he can be picked up like an item. He will curl into a ball when picked up, and will be as heavy to carry around as a Crate or Barrel. When thrown, he will roll and tumble around the stage, damaging foes he collides with, the damage scaling down with how slow he moves; think Ptooie. Additionally, while carrying Mad Scienstein, he will absorb any and all attacks from the front. Alternatively, Mad Scienstein can also be attacked to send him flying forward as a projectile like a Barrel or Rolling Crate. He disappears after a short time.

As for a reason for his inclusion, I think his history alone makes him an interesting case. He would represent the Wario series obviously, but having also debuted in the same game as Prince Sable? That'd be fun. Also, the Wario series is sorely lacking in representation on the Wario Land side of things, and he'd help balance things out with Ashley and (assuming they come back) Kat and Ana.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for the Assist Trophy submissions. I didn’t expect for them to take off as they did. In fact, we got so many that they we have the number of required for us to commence in voting. I will start the voting in a few hours and we will continue until we get a winner. Please don’t forget to chime into Isaac discussion regarding his gameplay; even if you don’t know too much about him! Also, don’t forget to vote on how many newcomers there should be.

Assist Trophy submissions are closed!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Thank you everyone for the Assist Trophy submissions. I didn’t expect for them to take off as they did. In fact, we got so many that they we have the number of required for us to commence in voting. I will start the voting in a few hours and we will continue until we get a winner. Please don’t forget to chime into Isaac discussion regarding his gameplay; even if you don’t know too much about him! Also, don’t forget to vote on how many newcomers there should be.

Assist Trophy submissions are closed!
Um, I don't think the Assist Trophy I suggested made the list. Did I do something wrong, or did I miss the limit?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Um, I don't think the Assist Trophy I suggested made the list. Did I do something wrong, or did I miss the limit?
I will add it to the list. I’m sorry about that but the lack of an image was what did it >_<.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok, after a lightning round of submissions that flooded the thread for an Assist Trophy, we can proceed with voting. As before, please vote for your top three Assist Trophies! One thing I forgot to mention that first, second, and third place will be made Assist Trophies.

Aegis
from Persona 3
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton
Buzz Bomber from Sonic the Hedgehog Otoad64 Otoad64
Creeper from Minecraft Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Cranky Kong from Donkey Kong @Speed Weed
Bokoblin from The Legend of Zelda Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Futaba from Persona 5 Perkilator Perkilator
Jessica Albert from Dragon Quest @Garteam
Balance Board from Wii Fit @smashing Master
Big the Cat from Sonic the Hedgehog
The Medic from Team Fortress 2 C chocolatejr9
evanwoo10 evanwoo10
Prisoner of War from Metal Slug Commander_Alph Commander_Alph
Egg Wizard from Kid Icarus cashregister9 cashregister9
Mad Scientist from Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru MamaLuigi123456 MamaLuigi123456

Because I’m busy currently, I can’t link the submission posts so feel free to look them for clarification on what that Assist Trophy does.

Here are my votes:
  1. Prisoner of War from Metal Slug
  2. Cranky Kong from Donkey Kong
  3. Creeper from Minecraft

Damn....so many good choices. It was hard!

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
My votes are:
1. Big the Cat from Sonic the Hedgehog
2. Creeper from Minecraft
3. Balance Board from Wii Fit

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I forgot to mention that first, second, and third places will be made an Assist Trophy. That’s due to the sheer amount of submissions we got.

I’m going to weigh in on the Isaac discussion in a while. I will also need help counting the votes later on As I’m. A bit busy currently.

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
Ok, after a lightning round of submissions that flooded the thread for an Assist Trophy, we can proceed with voting. As before, please vote for your top three Assist Trophies! One thing I forgot to mention that first, second, and third place will be made Assist Trophies.

Aegis
from Persona 3
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton
Buzz Bomber from Sonic the Hedgehog Otoad64 Otoad64
Creeper from Minecraft Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Cranky Kong from Donkey Kong @Speed Weed
Bokoblin from The Legend of Zelda Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Futaba from Persona 5 Perkilator Perkilator
Jessica Albert from Dragon Quest @Garteam
Balance Board from Wii Fit @smashing Master
Big the Cat from Sonic the Hedgehog
The Medic from Team Fortress 2 C chocolatejr9
evanwoo10 evanwoo10
Prisoner of War from Metal Slug Commander_Alph Commander_Alph
Egg Wizard from Kid Icarus cashregister9 cashregister9
Mad Scientist from Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru MamaLuigi123456 MamaLuigi123456

Because I’m busy currently, I can’t link the submission posts so feel free to look them for clarification on what that Assist Trophy does.

Here are my votes:
  1. Prisoner of War from Metal Slug
  2. Cranky Kong from Donkey Kong
  3. Creeper from Minecraft

Damn....so many good choices. It was hard!
Futaba
Creeper
Balance Board

Those three make the most sense to me as new Assists Trophies for Ultimate 2.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thanks everyone. I tend to be pretty busy and this thread moves faster than I had anticipated. We will keep the voting open for several more hours.

Perhaps I should hire an assistant....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom