• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Interesting that Sm4sh will be the first Smash to have patches available. So if a cool glitch appears in the games, chances are it could be removed. :(
Well you don't want to deal with any glitches that are similar to what Mario Kart 7 had to deal with before its update.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
for those wanting this game to be like melee here is the truth this new game will not be melee or brawl it will be it's own diffrent beast. What I learned for sakurai is that he don't like to do the exact same thing with more content.

Also as for smash as a 3d fighting game GOD NO PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT, it will take what makes smash smash and change it to another game.

1,000 post woooooot

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
for those wanting this game to be like melee here is the truth this new game will not be melee or brawl it will be it's own diffrent beast. What I learned for sakurai is that he don't like to do the exact same thing with more content.

Also as for smash as a 3d fighting game GOD NO PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT, it will take what makes smash smash and change it to another game.

1,000 post woooooot
How exactly would it ruin the premise of smash I think 3ds connectivity would be good for smash on the go which I know we all want
Edit: congratulations on a 1000 post.

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
But yea it's nice to have a subforum, even if it's sad to see that 7000+ page topic discontinue, it did it for the greater good. :)
The lack of a community-like feeling is depressing though. :(

That and there are a lot more idiots abound.

Smash will always be fantastic.

Always.
Definitely Fact.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So apparently our yellow friend Pac-Man is going to be on the upswing considering he is getting a new animated cartoon on Disney XD. I thought John might appreciate this news.

Fun fact: The shows director is Avi Arad, former head of the 90's Marvel cartoons.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I know what you mean Triple Dash, we gained something new with this set up that we've been waiting for, but to get it we sacrificed something. Though hopefully we can recreate it here. I've personally just been busy debating Groose in the Groose support thread.

I never thought that would happen. o-o But it is happening.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ah well, at least we still have the Discussion and Backroom Groups to hang out in. :/

Been meaning to post in the Ghirahim thread, that Groose thread just sounds plain weird though.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I know what you mean Triple Dash, we gained something new with this set up that we've been waiting for, but to get it we sacrificed something. Though hopefully we can recreate it here. I've personally just been busy debating Groose in the Groose support thread.

I never thought that would happen. o-o But it is happening.
Ah well, at least we still have the Discussion and Backroom Groups to hang out in. :/

Been meaning to post in the Ghirahim thread, that Groose thread just sounds plain weird though.
Just like Pre-Brawl all over.

And yes, the community feeling was nice.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I think we'll see each other often enough around here to keep the feeling of community. It'll just be a bit bigger. Perhaps a couple of the oldies will come back because it won't just be a single thread that'll get spammed on half the time. ^^

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Something just came to mind, if I may:

It comes as no surprise that Advanced Techniques will be discovered, whether by design or by a programming exploit or glitch, etc.. With that said, seeing as it's a next gen game, it's a safe bet to assume that maybe there will be patches to fix any exploits and game mechanics that Nintendo may view as "unfair".

Would it be a good idea to create a thread that goes over all the various ATs discovered by versions when the game does become available? Example below:

Version 1.0

- Wavedashing
- L-Canceling
- Glide Tossing
- Infinite Dimensional Cape
- Flight of Ganon
Version 1.1

- L-Canceling
- Glide Tossing
- DK Slap Lock
- Mario Cape Glitch
They're just quick and crude examples, but I'm sure you get the basic idea of what I'm trying to say. In the examples, you'll notice that in "Version 1.1" Nintendo patched out the Infinite Dimensional Cape, Flight of Ganon, and Wavedashing. As a result of the patch, however, new exploits were discovered in the forms of "DK Slap Lock" and "Mario Cape Glitch", while L-Canceling and Glide Tossing remained intact. Any thoughts?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
That's possible, but they'll have to pay attention to ensure the ones they take out or allow in don't destroy the competitive scene. They might not even know if that happened, which could be worse. Still, it'd be interesting to see.

sonus

Smash Cadet
I just dont know what im going to do without the gamecube controller. I've been using c-stick for 8 years..

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
The wiichuk isn't actually that bad once you get to use it for a little while. As for the Wii-u adaptability? Who knows? Perhaps someone will develop a GC-like controller?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I always don't like it when they redo stuff so that the old general thread gets closed. Oh well, a new board had to be made I guess.
It had to be done, since the old thread did go through a lot of off-topic dilemmas. At least now, the amount of off-topic clutter will be reduced.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Even if we're in separate threads, SmashChu, you'll always be in my heart.
And you in mind Oasis.
Something just came to mind, if I may:

It comes as no surprise that Advanced Techniques will be discovered, whether by design or by a programming exploit or glitch, etc.. With that said, seeing as it's a next gen game, it's a safe bet to assume that maybe there will be patches to fix any exploits and game mechanics that Nintendo may view as "unfair".

Would it be a good idea to create a thread that goes over all the various ATs discovered by versions when the game does become available? Example below:

They're just quick and crude examples, but I'm sure you get the basic idea of what I'm trying to say. In the examples, you'll notice that in "Version 1.1" Nintendo patched out the Infinite Dimensional Cape, Flight of Ganon, and Wavedashing. As a result of the patch, however, new exploits were discovered in the forms of "DK Slap Lock" and "Mario Cape Glitch", while L-Canceling and Glide Tossing remained intact. Any thoughts?
Yeah. if you all want to do it, make sure to tell people what you can and can't do in the newest version.

I would love if Nintendo did DLC and balance patches for this game, but alas, I'm sure they wont.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I don't know how I feel about Namco/Bandai being involved. On one hand you have the opportunity to include some cool Namco/Bandai characters. On the other, they might include some that just don't mesh well with the series.

Despite all the whining that people did about Sonic and Snake being in Brawl, they did mesh pretty well with the roster. I'm not trying to see Devil Jin vs King Dedede is all I'm trying to say.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
We cannot rule out the possibility of the Wii U Pro Controller, though admittedly, the second joystick will probably take a lot of getting used to if it's used as a C Stick.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
We cannot rule out the possibility of the Wii U Pro Controller, though admittedly, the second joystick will probably take a lot of getting used to if it's used as a C Stick.
Emphasis on if. That may be gone next game.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Someone mentioned the Madcatz version of the WiiU Pro Controller

So problem solved.
I likeee

I think it'll be the same as using any new controller.

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, although it'll take some getting used to, the Wii U Pro won't be any worse than the GC controller. And even if it ends up being so, there's still the Mad Catz controller.

u4iX

Smash Rookie
I'm not trying to see Jin period

If there's Tekken characters I KNOW I dislike and never want to see in a Smash game, it's him, Lars and Dragunov
Tekken characters would be odd to see, especially considering they're more "human" than say a Captain Falcon or something along those lines.

However, I think seeing Kuma, Gon, or Mokujin from Tekken could be cool and they would fit the atmosphere of a Smash game better.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
YOSHIMITSU IN BRAWL!

But anyway somethign that bugs me about the pro controller is that the letters are lowercase...CMON man up Nintendo! UPPERCASE!
I think we're all avoiding the possibility that Naruto actually has a shot of being in the game now. Let us hope it doesnt come to that.

u4iX

Smash Rookie
YOSHIMITSU IN BRAWL!

But anyway somethign that bugs me about the pro controller is that the letters are lowercase...CMON man up Nintendo! UPPERCASE!
Yeah, I find it weird I'm more concerned about what controller I'm going to be able to play the game with less than the actual game.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah, go post in there, it's dropped to the second page from the influx of new character support threads! >_<;

I've been feeding the Groose thread life, I'm going to let it die. The things the people who support him say... yikes. And one of them had the gull to say the SSB4 Discussion Thread was a hellhole, we NEVER got as dumb in our character discussions as the dumb that is prevalent in that Groose thread, unless it involved Diddy and Impa. :laugh:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Someone mentioned the Madcatz version of the WiiU Pro Controller

So problem solved.
This is pretty damn good. But still, the buttons on the right needs to be the same as the GameCube. And since that's a controller specified for fps games, the R and L buttons probably has the shape of a trigger?

I'll look more onto this controller.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I've been feeding the Groose thread life, I'm going to let it die.
That would probably be the best for everyone's collective sanity.

I don't know how much longer I can stand to watch somebody with a Ghirahim avatar who talks exclusively in purple text argue against a guy with a Groose avatar who thinks Groose's Theme passes as a "defensive buff" arguing for their respective characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom