• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
:urg: Noone can take a joke :urg:
This threads just becoming a fight over which smash bros is best.
Even though we all know who the real king is

I swear if someone takes this seriously...

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
You misunderstand my assertion. I completely agree with you. I was just further backing your statement.

My trump card when everyone is arguing about this for the umpteenth time.

O.

Read.

No.

Sounds good but yea Sakurai didn't even want to continue making smash bros.
I mean he had said he wouldn't make another one till Nintendo ofcourse told him to cause its what brings them large amounts of money

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I tend to avoid most Melee vs Brawl arguements unless if someone says something stupid. =P
But aside from that, bring back Melee tether.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I did leave a nice long post for some people to ponder over instead of glossing over this played-out argument.

I tend to avoid most Melee vs Brawl arguements unless if someone says something stupid. =P
But aside from that, bring back Melee tether.
I did like Melee tethering. It was funny.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Even though we all know who the real king is

I swear if someone takes this seriously...
Smash Bros Melee/brawl became a delicate discussion cuz of this big split.
I just want another Melee where the whole community was one and there was Competitiveness as well as Casual

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I did leave a nice long post for some people to ponder over instead of glossing over this played-out argument.

I did like Melee tethering. It was funny.
I liked how you could tether to mostly anything, while Brawl's being easier to tether, it does so ONLY on edges...

Ivy's game would be SO much better if she had Melee tether. :urg:

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Hope Sheik doesn't have tethering and they rebalance her to her glorious days in Melee
Hope She can transform back to zelda quickly like in Melee. Hated how long it would take for her to switch...

BSP

Smash Legend
Anyone that gets ****ed by having a ledge only tether option would be helped by Melee's tether.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Anyone that gets ****ed by having a ledge only tether option would be helped by Melee's tether.
This is true.

Same with Olimar.
Moar broken :awesome:

I liked how you could tether to mostly anything, while Brawl's being easier to tether, it does so ONLY on edges...

Ivy's game would be SO much better if she had Melee tether. :urg:
I'd like to see the animation for Ivy not grabbing ledge when she tethers.

All hail Melee!
I think you get it :smirk:

BSP

Smash Legend
What about the Shield guys? Should it stay Brawl strength, or be slightly/significantly weaker?

More Shield Stun is a must imo, so I'm thinking Melee Shield strength. 64 has some dumb shieldbreaker combos with its stun.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Let's just make everything melee with more characters and a new label

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
What about the Shield guys? Should it stay Brawl strength, or be slightly/significantly weaker?

More Shield Stun is a must imo, so I'm thinking Melee Shield strength. 64 has some dumb shieldbreaker combos with its stun.
Melee's shield was soo good
they should change it to it

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

It depends on the games speed in general, if it's slower like Brawl more shieldstun would need to be in order. If it's faster it should be proportioned like Melee's was, but for that to work we would need L-Canceling/move cancels again so it would recreate the feel of heavy sheildstun.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just reduce lag on aerials so we don't have to worry about L-Canceling at all. Stupidest mechanic ever conceived save for random tripping.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
http://www.gamespot.com/features/a-...pslot;TheNextSmashBros;ASmashingCollaboration

Nintendo collaborating with Namco Bandai. Guess that means even larger breasts (I'm looking at you, Ivy)

I think this is a very wise move on their part, as a fan of Tekken and Soul Calibur, I see Namco Bandai as one of the best producers for fighting games, however I hope they don't change the fighting style of Smash Bros.
Really? This is completely new and none of us knew about it.

Even those of us watching the Nintendo Direct

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IGN did an article about it before the Nintendo Direct I believe and stated Sakurai wasn't director anymore.

During the interview and Nintendo Direct, they said Sakurai was the director at least 3 times

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I dunno. I really liked how they weakened the overpowered shields from melee. And if they were to introduce those pressure sensitive shields again they'd have to redesign the triggers to be...well yaknow....pressure sensitive.
ALL HAIL GAMECUBE CONTROLLER TRIGGERS!

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
"We will fully utilize our experience and knowledge in action/fighting game development, technical capability, and organizational strength, and we hereby promise you that we will develop the best and most powerful "Super Smash Bros." title ever!" -Masaya Kobayashi

I like how he said "technical capability" lol i got hyped but I'm scared to be hyped cuz disappointment may come again.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
IGN did an article about it before the Nintendo Direct I believe and stated Sakurai wasn't director anymore.

During the interview and Nintendo Direct, they said Sakurai was the director at least 3 times
I don't even know what Nintendo Direct is, and I completely missed E3 because of senior week, so pardon me for posting some information you already know.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
I don't even know what Nintendo Direct is, and I completely missed E3 because of senior week, so pardon me for posting some information you already know.

Nintendo direct is personally how I think Nintendo should do their conferences from now on so that they don't get ridiculed by everyone at e3 also this maybe the best looking smash bros yet I just hope they don't go overboard with the shaders

:phone:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Nintendo direct is personally how I think Nintendo should do their conferences from now on so that they don't get ridiculed by everyone at e3 also this maybe the best looking smash bros yet I just hope they don't go overboard with the shaders

Adding to this.

I hope we get more cartoony looks this time, to make it feel more "Nintendo".

Not sure if that was a move so that Snake could fit with the rest of the cast, but my eyes have become a bit tired of looking at Mario's overall's texture time and time again. They should drop the "dirty"ness, and be bright and shiny once more, IMO.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace

Perhaps pull a street fighter and allow for shader selection :B

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Brawl looked really good its just the gameplay that ruined the whole thing. :/
Yeah like that time melee introduced overpowered shields that made ranged attacks obsolete.
:awesome:

I hope Bandai Namco plays a part in the graphical department and pushes Hal Labs to amp up tethers. XD

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Adding to this.

I hope we get more cartoony looks this time, to make it feel more "Nintendo".

Not sure if that was a move so that Snake could fit with the rest of the cast, but my eyes have become a bit tired of looking at Mario's overall's texture time and time again. They should drop the "dirty"ness, and be bright and shiny once more, IMO.
Yea. I'm hoping for a galaxy like shading for characters or respective shading for their respective game I feel cartoonish will be ridiculed by the influx of so called"hardcore gamers" that the wiiu will be bringing in

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'm starting to wonder if people even know the definition of hardcore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom