• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
What gave it away? The pig nose or the dates? :troll:
The horse really. I was expecting a chrome trailerbed (hinting at Krom) or a motorcycle on the street (hinting at MachRider). The nautilus could still have hinted at something ocean related (Starfy) so I didn't think much of it. The nose and dates make it just seem like the pictures aren't related to anything to begin with.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Porky confirmed? and, what's this!? Krystal confirmed?

now... about that horse slavery... more krystal!! it's kinda like it's a mech... Dr. Eggman? no... Pacman?

don't forget about the sun over an open ocean! Golden Sun!!

and the statue of liberty? Palutena!!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Site updated again

Starting to doubt its smash bros.
I can't understand why people even thought that it would be Smash Bros. I looked at it for the first time and I immediatly realized that it wouldn't be such.

just because it's being developed by Namco Bandai? I don't think that Game Arts's site or Monolith Soft's site have a page dedicated to Brawl...

Namco Bandai doesn't even own the IP for the SSB franchise, they're just assisting development...

I don't really understand most people...

I can't understand why people even thought that it would be Smash Bros. I looked at it for the first time and I immediatly realized that it wouldn't be such.

just because it's being developed by Namco Bandai? I don't think that Game Arts's site or Monolith Soft's site have a page dedicated to Brawl...

Namco Bandai doesn't even own the IP for the SSB franchise, they're just assisting development...

It's just speculation man jeez. I can't understand why you're being such a buzz killer. How can you know this has nothing to do with smash? Hell, given the pictures it has nothing to do with anything. No one really knows what it is, so lets stop being so insistent on saying what it isn't. Just have fun with it.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Considering the images don't relate to anything Namco, Bandai OR Nintendo other than vague assumptions such as Little Mac training in front of the Statue of Liberty, it could just as easily be Smash as anything else.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

Quick question: What did you hope to accomplish by posting this? At first I thought it was to state your views on what it could be but that's obviously not it. Then I thought it was to emphasize that this isn't smash related but I realized you already did that many other times. Then I thought it was to point out the flaws in logic for believing it is smash related but I realized you did that many times too. You also stated multiple times that you didn't understand this mind set so I thought maybe you were seeking clarification but you seem to ignore anyone who says that they like to have hope even if it isn't entirely justified. After scratching my head a little more I came to the conclusion that you want people to understand that you said it wasn't smash so when it's revealed not to be smash you're worshipped, but then again people had that idea before you who are vets nonetheless like Star who have a much better chance of being worshipped. So I guess this post of yours accomplished nothing néw. Isn't that funny? Now I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you genuinely thought you were contributing by reiterating this same point but in actuality you weren't. So feel free to talk about something else now.*

:phone:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Top Row: Arriving Liberty Date (July 4th)

You guys can try to figure out the bottom row. Site will update in 20 hours, so good luck.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'm a little confused about why people are saying "Oh, now that we've seen more of the pictures - its definitely not Smash!"

Was it not obvious what all the pictures were of from day 2? They don't appear to have any relevance to anything, and if they do, its cryptic enough to apply to any new game.

However - The fact that it says "All Star Battle" makes Smash Bros. a better guess than pretty much anything else.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Grim
Well, to be fair, there are 2 other "All Star Battles" it could be that aren't smash; Project X Zone (a Capcom/SEGA/Namco Bandai crossover) and Tekken X Street Fighter.
Top Row: Arriving Liberty Date (July 4th)

You guys can try to figure out the bottom row. Site will update in 20 hours, so good luck.
Yeah, I think smell may be the "message" of the far left picture, with perhaps seeing as the "message" of either the middle left or middle right picture.

It should be noted that the bottom middle left picture does look like the "X" opening scene for Super Smash Bros. Brawl with similar water. I am perplexed as to why the sun is blocked out! :laugh:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
By that same logic (it doesn't say Nintendo on that site), Tekken x Street Fighter should also not be it because it doesn't say Capcom on the site

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
In other words, by that logic, if its not Smash, its also not another crossover, since no other company logos are present.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Then that leads us to only one possibility.

A sequel to Wonder Momo.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Is Smash 4 basically going to be a "balanced" version of Brawl?

If it is then I won't be too excited. :/

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Nothing is confirmed, all information is speculation or subject to change.

sooo........ what the hell is this?

A Cow licking something?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
A cow lick.

Little Mac and Lucas have cowlicks.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just for the heck of it:

Statue of Liberty - Punch Out
Aquarium - Starfy
Shell Fish - Pac Man

After that I'm stumped.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Just for the heck of it:

Statue of Liberty - Punch Out
Aquarium - Starfy
Shell Fish - Pac Man

After that I'm stumped.
Why have you turned from the light, my son?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Bordom does makes us all do crazy things.
Remember PCAM? lol
Shhh. I made a lot of cool banners at that time, and let's leave it at that. Surprised no one has recycled any for their character threads.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
ya didn't make one for the masked man, so i didn't get to since claus is the only one led by me... but i did use the claus for ssb4

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Considering Sakurai is going towards quality over quantity, we're going to see alot of cuts out of Brawl's roster. 30 characters seems rather perfect for this game. It's a solid and large number. But not overwhelming like something along the lines of say, Marvel vs Capcom 2 or 3.
I don't think we'll be more seeing characters from very much established franchises such as Mario, Zelda, or Kirby. Rather we'll be seeing both characters from other old IPs (Punch Out, Starfy, ect} as well as new 3rd party characters. (Possibly and hopefully Sonic will make a grand return, maybe with Tails or Eggman?) Namco Bandai IS lending a helping hand, so Tekken characters, Soul Calibur characters, and the one and only Pacman are not out of the realm of possibility.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sega wasn't mentioned on the Brawl dojo until Sonic was announced officially.

The pie is squarely on your face, good sir.
The teaser had Namco Bandai as the primary company though. If the trailer really was related to Smash Bros., you'd expect Nintendo to be the primary company to be hosting it.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
For those who haven't heard yet, the teaser was for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle, not SSB4.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
You'd figure people would think the Smash Bros. Dojo would be the site they announce Smash related stuff.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
so the background pictures were references to the Stands?

with names like Star Platinum, The Fool, The world, and Stairway To Heaven,no wonder they were so confusing.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Considering Sakurai is going towards quality over quantity, we're going to see alot of cuts out of Brawl's roster. 30 characters seems rather perfect for this game. It's a solid and large number. But not overwhelming like something along the lines of say, Marvel vs Capcom 2 or 3.
I don't think we'll be more seeing characters from very much established franchises such as Mario, Zelda, or Kirby. Rather we'll be seeing both characters from other old IPs (Punch Out, Starfy, ect} as well as new 3rd party characters. (Possibly and hopefully Sonic will make a grand return, maybe with Tails or Eggman?) Namco Bandai IS lending a helping hand, so Tekken characters, Soul Calibur characters, and the one and only Pacman are not out of the realm of possibility.
unless sakurai plans to have dlc for new characters, a lot of people are going to be disappointed with him (again). he's not doing this on his own now, why cant he add characters and have namco and the whole staff work together to make it balanced as best as they can?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Why on earth would he cut people? It doesn't make sense. There would be a lot of backlash from people, including myself, and others who dislike such a stupid decision.

Plus, your claim is automatically invalidated by this statement from Sakurai: mynintendonews.com/2012/06/20/sakurai-doing-his-best-to-bring-old-characters-back-to-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds

He is in fact adding more than Brawl if he is going to add old characters from Melee and such, even if he decides against adding newcomers, he can still add cut veterans like Mewtwo and Roy: two highly requested characters that people constantly bother Sakurai over Twitter with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom