• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Taking individual moves out of context of the rest of a character doesn't work. It's why the Mewtwo/Lucario comparison is invalid: not only is pretty much every other move the two have different, but the philosophy behind each is unique; Mewtwo is a powerhouse who relies on his Psychic powers, while Lucario is a fairly straightforward brawler.

So, on another topic, sorry for interrupting, but I'm making more Adventure Mode adventure ideas. I got a good one with Luigi, Lucario, and Olimar as the characters, and Regice, Regirock, Registeel, and Regigigas as the bosses. It's kinda a mix of the chase scene of Porky from SSBB and a drop-in fight sequence. I'll post it later, unless they have a thread for that.
They do actually have a separate thread for that, it's stickied in general discussion for easy access.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Taking individual moves out of context of the rest of a character doesn't work. It's why the Mewtwo/Lucario comparison is invalid: not only is pretty much every other move the two have different, but the philosophy behind each is unique; Mewtwo is a powerhouse who relies on his Psychic powers, while Lucario is a fairly straightforward brawler.
Yeah. Things such as the whole Dr. Mario - Mario situation in Melee should be avoided though (if I remember correctly). I see nothing wrong Mewtwo/Lucario. In fact, I think both should be brought back to the next game.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Yeah. Things such as the whole Dr. Mario - Mario situation in Melee should be avoided though (if I remember correctly). I see nothing wrong Mewtwo/Lucario. In fact, I think both should be brought back to the next game.
Agreed on both points, even though Doc is my Melee main. Bringing back Mewtwo and emphasizing Lucarios brawler/fighter attributes could really be awesome(insert plug for Project M Lucario here).

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Aura Sphere and Shadow ball are generally the same move, but with different mechanics. For one, you can't compare M2 and Luke because they are from different games, for one. So, a comparision test would be needed, and I have yet to see one, but that's a different case.

More on the (B) moves, I do believe Mewtwo could have more of a, "Super Scope" like shadow ball, while Lucario can shoot Aura Spheres upwards, diagnally, and forward. In otherwords, a bigger difference, without a sign of copy.

Like I said, it is possible. See, I ramble more about possibilities more than any thing else.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Aura Sphere and Shadow ball are generally the same move, but with different mechanics. For one, you can't compare M2 and Luke because they are from different games, for one. So, a comparision test would be needed, and I have yet to see one, but that's a different case.

More on the (B) moves, I do believe Mewtwo could have more of a, "Super Scope" like shadow ball, while Lucario can shoot Aura Spheres upwards, diagnally, and forward. In otherwords, a bigger difference, without a sign of copy.

Like I said, it is possible. See, I ramble more about possibilities more than any thing else.
My suggestion would be for AS to be a little weaker than SB and travel in a straight path(like a hadoken), and for SB to move faster, but more erratically. But again, probably best to leave this for a different thread.

Edit: also, maybe have M2 charge SB in front of him rather than behind? It would be more accurate to the games.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My suggestion would be for AS to be a little weaker than SB and travel in a straight path(like a hadoken), and for SB to move faster, but more erratically. But again, probably best to leave this for a different thread.
Agreed. Though I still have no idea what a hadoken is >_> No worries.

SB and AS are still the same moves generally. Straight shot with charge. Only difference is speed and air bounce..

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Agreed. Though I still have no idea what a hadoken is >_> No worries.

It's from street fighter.

Edit:

That's a Hadoken (or Hadouken).

I think Mewtwo and Lucario are fine how they are though.
Damn, beat me to it. CURSE YOU TOASTERBRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also:Everyone is trying to forget the SF movie game, shame on you for bringing it up.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think SF movie Ryu should be in the next Smash Bros.

Anywho, I wonder when the next bit of news about SSB4 will come around. It seems like a certain teaser fooled people into thinking it was related! I'm a bit late.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
i think sf movie ryu should be in the next smash bros.

Anywho, i wonder when the next bit of news about ssb4 will come around. It seems like a certain teaser fooled people into thinking it was related! I'm a bit late.
JOTARO CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL. :p

More news probably won't come around for a while. Heck, I wouldn't be suprised if we didn't hear anything new until E3 2013 came around.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
We could get something around August or September. Sakurai is speaking at a conference on Aug 20th, and TGS is in Sept.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
We could get something around August or September. Sakurai is speaking at a conference on Aug 20th, and TGS is in Sept.
If I recall correctly, the conference he's speaking at is a developer's conference where people get together to talk about the current state of the industry. On top of that, I think it will be a few months before they have anything presentable to show, so I don't think we'll hear anything big at either conference. Maybe some still pictures at TGS?

Remember, Brawl started development in 2005 and we didn't get a trailer until E3 2006.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm expecting a TGS teaser trailer showing a very, very early build of the game. If its too early to show at TGS, then maybe an E3 2013 trailer.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I thought Ninty wasn't going to be @ TGS.
They aren't. However, I recall the reason they wouldn't be at TGS was that they would be holding a large number of smaller conferences around the same time, but I might be thinking of something else. Nevermind, that was a European conference a while back. This probably proves that they don't have anything meaningful to show. Oh well.

finalark

SNORLAX
Well, Nintendo has this new policy of not showing anything until a game is ready to be launched by the end of the following year. So I don't expect any SSB4 stuff until E3 2013 with a launch of either that fall or the early summer of 2014.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well, Nintendo has this new policy of not showing anything until a game is ready to be launched by the end of the following year. So I don't expect any SSB4 stuff until E3 2013 with a launch of either that fall or the early summer of 2014.
I was going to say Namco Bandai was going to be there but then you said that and I realized how stupid my thought was. :c

EDIT: So, Smash64 had the Polygon team, Melee had the Wire Frames, Brawl had the Alloys... SSB4 would have the ____?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm expecting some sort of Smash Bros. teaser at Nintendo Space World this year... if it actually happens this year. If not, then from sometime in March to E3 2013.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm expecting some sort of Smash Bros. teaser at Nintendo Space World this year... if it actually happens this year. If not, then from sometime in March to E3 2013.
Is Space World still a thing? The last true Space World was in 2001, though they held "Nintendo Worlds" in 2006 and 2011 to showcase the Wii and the 3DS, respectively. I don't see them doing one this year, since they've already shown off the Wii U a lot.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Nintendo World is the successor to Space World, we just say space world because we remember it better as that thing nintendo does at the same time as TGS.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
If I recall correctly, the conference he's speaking at is a developer's conference where people get together to talk about the current state of the industry. On top of that, I think it will be a few months before they have anything presentable to show, so I don't think we'll hear anything big at either conference. Maybe some still pictures at TGS?

Remember, Brawl started development in 2005 and we didn't get a trailer until E3 2006.
Right, Oct 2005- May 2006. 7 Months. SSB4 will have around 6 months of development time by September, so it;s possible we could see something then if they hold their own event.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
zOMG, Super Mario Sunshine confirmed in Super Smash Bros. FOURRR!!! :rotfl:

Fun fact: The first Brawl trailer was unveiled on my 15th birthday. :p
Is Space World still a thing? The last true Space World was in 2001, though they held "Nintendo Worlds" in 2006 and 2011 to showcase the Wii and the 3DS, respectively. I don't see them doing one this year, since they've already shown off the Wii U a lot.
Nintendo World is the successor to Space World, we just say space world because we remember it better as that thing nintendo does at the same time as TGS.
Nintendo World (previously called Nintendo Space World) has happens the year of or the year before of every new Nintendo consoles' launch to hype the console's upcoming games. The 2nd Brawl trailer (the trailer that unveiled Fox, as well as showed a plethora of new stages) was 1st shown at Nintendo World 2006.

Given that Nintendo World's point is to hype up a forthcoming console, that would be the perfect place to show off smash (before the WiiU's launch) to get people to buy the WiiU.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I hope you quoted me for truth and not because you wanted to reply directly to me (and that one nobody i replied to)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If you don't fare well in the competitive game, you can always make yourself feel better by setting up smash 64 tournaments during your class and get your whole class involved. Then proceed to kick everyones butt with Jigglypuff.

Uh, but I digress. I hope a Nintendo World happens this year (but I have my doubts).

:phone:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I bet they'll release some sort of info before the Wii U launches.They already have an engine.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I bet they'll release some sort of info before the Wii U launches.They already have an engine.

I hope they release some sort of info before the Wii U releases that would be pretty cool. Anyway I heard Genesect is going to be revealed soon and it's going to be in the next Pokemon movie. I also heard something about a Gen VI Pokemon being the star of that Pokemon.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
zOMG, Super Mario Sunshine confirmed in Super Smash Bros. FOURRR!!! :rotfl:

Fun fact: The first Brawl trailer was unveiled on my 15th birthday. :p

Nintendo World (previously called Nintendo Space World) has happens the year of or the year before of every new Nintendo consoles' launch to hype the console's upcoming games. The 2nd Brawl trailer (the trailer that unveiled Fox, as well as showed a plethora of new stages) was 1st shown at Nintendo World 2006.

Given that Nintendo World's point is to hype up a forthcoming console, that would be the perfect place to show off smash (before the WiiU's launch) to get people to buy the WiiU.
We'll dang, maybe they will hold a Nintendo World. It would explain them not being at TGS.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
We'll dang, maybe they will hold a Nintendo World. It would explain them not being at TGS.
They are holding their own conference in September. More Wii U games are going to be announced, two from EA that I know at least .

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
They are holding their own conference in September. More Wii U games are going to be announced, two from EA that I know at least .
Really? When did they announce this, because I generally watch gaming news pretty obsessively closely.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
They've NEVER attended TGS. If you see something on youtube by IGN saying Nintendo TGS coverage, it's because they are IGNorant and/or lazy.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Probably would be another E3 if they did show up to TGS. The Nintendo Directs are where it's at now.

Anyway I heard Genesect is going to be revealed soon and it's going to be in the next Pokemon movie. I also heard something about a Gen VI Pokemon being the star of that Pokemon.
Most likely, either way we'll know by the end of the week. As for Gen 6, could happen, but there's no way it'll be the star, at most if we get one it'll be another Munchlax than another Lucario.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Probably would be another E3 if they did show up to TGS. The Nintendo Directs are where it's at now.

Most likely, either way we'll know by the end of the week. As for Gen 6, could happen, but there's no way it'll be the star, at most if we get one it'll be another Munchlax than another Lucario.
It might star the Pokemon Black and White anime is only going to run for 3 years.. this is going to be the last movie. So I wouldn't be surprised if a Gen VI Pokemon appeared and took the spotlight.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
DLC characters would be TERRIBLE - it could completely kill the potential competitive scene
It depends what they mean by "DLC characters." If say one game is released before the other, and gets the "extra characters" the other game gets (for free if you own both games), that wouldn't be so bad. Also, it wouldn't kill the competitive scene. What you are saying is an exaggeration (and I'm underselling that). It might mean said DLC characters are banned from most tournaments (like the MvC3 DLC characters), but that's it. I hardly consider that something that could "kill" a game competitively.
Pretty much this. Nintendo even stated they will show games scheduled to be released in 2013, and maybe even games slated for releases after that.
They never went to the TGS. Heck, there is virtually no presence (if a presence at all) of the "Big 3" at the TGS. There's next to no attention spent on TGS by really anyone.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
http://vgtribune.com/smash-poll-2012.../#comment-1506

I don't know if any of you knew about this, but here's apparently an "official" poll for the SSB4 where the final results will end up going straight to Sakurai. And Waluigi is currently the top vote getter.

Layton and Ridley are the next two in line, but some of the more deserving characters like K.Rool, Palutena, Sukapon, and Little Mac are about 80-100 votes BELOW WALUIGI.

We need to fix this ASAP because otherwise Sakurai is going to think the highest requested character in the west is Waluigi and that cannot fly.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Zoroark, Victini, Mega Man, Dixie Kong, Rayman, Miis, Krystal, Paper Mario, and Pac-Man aren't even options=??? And Sami got in over Andy as the Advance Wars character=???

This poll is a FAILLLL!!!! How is Professor Layton the only 3rd party character on this poll over Mega Man and Pac-Man=???

shortie's poll is a thousand times better, and I can't even vote on that one for some reason! :laugh: (maybe because I might have already voted)

BTW, I voted for the Balloon Fighter, Isaac, King K. Rool (best character on this poll, bar none), Krom, Little Mac, Mach Rider, Mike Jones, Ouendan (underrated series!), Ridley, Saki, Shulk, Sukapon, and Takamaru. Note that my degree of support of each of those characters is completely different, and that most of this poll's character choices are Stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom