• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hate when people put characters they know aren't going to be in ssb4 on their prediction roster such as: PacMan, Shadow, etc etc. The only reason I believe Shadow isn't going to be there is because Sonic most likely isn't going to be there because he's a third party character. And PacMan... seriously, now?

:phone:
Well, Namco Bandai are helping make the game, and Pac Man is their most famous character

What's so far fetched about that?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Whoa Whoa WHOA!!!

TRIVIA
Mario creater, Shigeru Miyamoto, has stated that Pac-Man is his favorite video game character.
Pac-Man and Mario share a huge rivalry. The names however have a big comparisson as Mario was originally known as "Jumpman" sounding similar to "Pac-Man".

[COLLAPSE="Taken from PacMan's Wikia page"]Abilities

Pac-Man has different abilities on his own and from Power Ups found in the Pac-Man World games.

Butt Bounce

This attack can be used by jumping with the X button, then pressing it again while in air. There is a rare power-up where if the player touches it, Pac-Man gains the ability to do a Super Butt Bounce where if the player does the control for a normal butt bounce, a huge explosion will occur and any enemies in a certain radius will be terminated. It can only be used once per power-up.

Rev Roll

Pac-Man will run in place at a high speed and releasing the button will have him roll into a ball in any direction in which he is pointed. Using the Rev Roll on a ramp will send him high into the air. It can be used to destroy most enemies.

Pac-Dot Shoot

If Pac-Man has at least one Pac-Dot he can shoot one from his hand like a bullet and damage enemies.

Super Pac-Dot Shoot

This attack is a stronger form of the previous attack. To use this attack, hold down the O button and Pac-Man will do the exact same thing, except he will spin around and then shoot a huge blast of Pac-Dots from his hand. There is also a requirement for this attack. Pac-Man must have at least 10 Pac-Dots to use it.

Swim

If Pac-Man enters water, he instantly floats on the water. To go underwater, press and hold the triangle button. To go back to the surface, press and hold the X button. Pac-Man can do a dolphin flip if you jump out of the water while holding the X button.

Flip Kick

By jumping in the air, and pressing the Square or X buttons, Pac-Man jumps in the air, and flips with his foot extended. This can be used to smash high up boxes.

Steel Body

Using the Steel Ball Power Up, Pac-Man's body will become steel and he can't hardly be damaged. He can stand on fire and walk across lava.

Tiny Pac/Shrink Pellet

Using the Shrink Pellet Pac-Man will shrink in size and will be able to go through small doors. But enemies can squish him like a bug. Pac-Man is very good at using this ability. It is very uncommon for him to be attacked when he is very small.

In Pac-Man World 3

In this game, the Butt Bounce, the Rev Roll and the Flip Kick are also used.

Punch

Using the O or B button, Pac-Man can punch at enemies.

Electro Shock

With the Electro-Shock Power Pellet, Pac-Man can also perform an Electric Shock with the same button command. Pac-Man will be able to shoot electricity from his hands and can damage or stun enemies.

Triple Butt Bounce

If you hit the X or A button 4 times, Pac-Man will preform a Triple Butt Bounce. A small shockwave comes out of Pac-Man. It can kill up to 2 enemies at a time.[/COLLAPSE]

prettynice

Smash Apprentice
Whoa Whoa WHOA!!!

TRIVIA
Mario creater, Shigeru Miyamoto, has stated that Pac-Man is his favorite video game character.
Pac-Man and Mario share a huge rivalry. The names however have a big comparisson as Mario was originally known as "Jumpman" sounding similar to "Pac-Man".

Pac-Man has different abilities on his own and from Power Ups found in the Pac-Man World games.

Butt Bounce

This attack can be used by jumping with the X button, then pressing it again while in air. There is a rare power-up where if the player touches it, Pac-Man gains the ability to do a Super Butt Bounce where if the player does the control for a normal butt bounce, a huge explosion will occur and any enemies in a certain radius will be terminated. It can only be used once per power-up.

Rev Roll

Pac-Man will run in place at a high speed and releasing the button will have him roll into a ball in any direction in which he is pointed. Using the Rev Roll on a ramp will send him high into the air. It can be used to destroy most enemies.

Pac-Dot Shoot

If Pac-Man has at least one Pac-Dot he can shoot one from his hand like a bullet and damage enemies.

Super Pac-Dot Shoot

This attack is a stronger form of the previous attack. To use this attack, hold down the O button and Pac-Man will do the exact same thing, except he will spin around and then shoot a huge blast of Pac-Dots from his hand. There is also a requirement for this attack. Pac-Man must have at least 10 Pac-Dots to use it.

Swim

If Pac-Man enters water, he instantly floats on the water. To go underwater, press and hold the triangle button. To go back to the surface, press and hold the X button. Pac-Man can do a dolphin flip if you jump out of the water while holding the X button.

Flip Kick

By jumping in the air, and pressing the Square or X buttons, Pac-Man jumps in the air, and flips with his foot extended. This can be used to smash high up boxes.

Steel Body

Using the Steel Ball Power Up, Pac-Man's body will become steel and he can't hardly be damaged. He can stand on fire and walk across lava.

Tiny Pac/Shrink Pellet

Using the Shrink Pellet Pac-Man will shrink in size and will be able to go through small doors. But enemies can squish him like a bug. Pac-Man is very good at using this ability. It is very uncommon for him to be attacked when he is very small.

In Pac-Man World 3

Punch

Electro Shock

With the Electro-Shock Power Pellet, Pac-Man can also perform an Electric Shock with the same button command. Pac-Man will be able to shoot electricity from his hands and can damage or stun enemies.

Triple Butt Bounce

If you hit the X or A button 4 times, Pac-Man will preform a Triple Butt Bounce. A small shockwave comes out of Pac-Man. It can kill up to 2 enemies at a time.[/COLLAPSE]
Hmm, this is a bit of an eye-opener for me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I hate when people put characters they know aren't going to be in ssb4 on their prediction roster such as: PacMan, Shadow, etc etc. The only reason I believe Shadow isn't going to be there is because Sonic most likely isn't going to be there because he's a third party character. And PacMan... seriously, now?

3rd parties were in Brawl, so it could happen again.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Whoa Whoa WHOA!!!

TRIVIA

Butt Bounce

Rev Roll

Pac-Dot Shoot

Super Pac-Dot Shoot

Swim

Flip Kick

Steel Body

Tiny Pac/Shrink Pellet

In Pac-Man World 3

Punch

Electro Shock

Triple Butt Bounce

bonus point: Miyamoto helped create Pac-Man vs. on Gamecube.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'd say Pac-Man would be a good character. How is Pac-Man not likely when we have characters like R.O.B and Game and Watch? I'm sure they can figure it out.

Deucalion

Smash Cadet
Also, Mario vs. Mega Man vs. Sonic vs. Pacman really would be the showdown of perhaps the most iconic characters in video gaming.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Pac-Man would be boring, but this belongs in the Pac-Man thread.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just saw this:

Project Sora is closing down.

Pretty sure this means that the game will take longer to develop and that we won't have people who have experience in making Smash.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Just saw this:

Project Sora is closing down.

Pretty sure this means that the game will take longer to develop and that we won't have people who have experience in making Smash.
My reaction.

But Sora Ltd. still is a thing. Still working on Sm4sh.
In other words, I'm sure there will still be people who have experience in making Smash.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
My reaction.

But Sora Ltd. still is a thing. Still working on Sm4sh.

In other words, I'm sure there will still be people who have experience in making Smash.
Ah that's good to hear. Sometimes you can get shocked and miss certain details. :embarrass:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ah that's good to hear. Sometimes you can get shocked and miss certain details. :embarrass:
It's called sensationalist journalism (or shoddy journalism, take your pick). Instead of properly researching the story, drawing a distinction between Project Sora and Sora Ltd., every news portal simply regurgitates the same misinformation trying to get a 'click' by making the story appear more fantastic than it actually is in reality.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Sora Ltd. only has 2 employees... i don't know if anyone from Project Sora migrated, but all of the man power will be off of the Tekken team.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sora Ltd. only has 2 employees... i don't know if anyone from Project Sora migrated, but all of the man power will be off of the Tekken team.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did migrate. Anyone that has had experience developing Smash is probably still in the project. They wouldn't just disappear or become useless.

Worst case scenario is that Sakurai directs NB in a way that it wouldn't make a difference if there were any key players missing. Which isn't bad at all. Just a different way of going at it.

JPW

Smash Ace
It actually almost scared me. At first i was confused. Why would Nintendo close down a company that was making one of their biggest games.

But after it was explained more thoroughly by guys at kotaku. I am happy to hear nothing will happen to Sm4sh. It's still happening!!!

I do like Brawl and I do like Kid Icarus. So i'm not going to make stupid comments like Melee was better, and this company was no Hal, or crap like that.

I reckon they did great jobs and it sux. But i guess this explains why they went with Namco.
I just hope certain Smash charms that we have grown to love can still stay when making Sm4sh.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
come to think of it... does anyone know who that second employee at Sora is?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You never know. This may turn out to be the best of the 4 Smash games all because NB was here to lend Sakurai a hand this time.

@August: Googling this leads me to dead ends. Huh. Entering power-research mode...
EDIT: I don't know how obvious this is, but it's his personal assistant. I don't know who that is yet though.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's called sensationalist journalism (or shoddy journalism, take your pick). Instead of properly researching the story, drawing a distinction between Project Sora and Sora Ltd., every news portal simply regurgitates the same misinformation trying to get a 'click' by making the story appear more fantastic than it actually is in reality.
I won't lie, I derped and fell for some of that sensation.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
IIRC, Sakurai reffered to Kid Icarus: Uprising as Project Sora as a way to avoid revealing information on the title. This would imply that PS was the team within Sora Ltd. that worked on KI:U. The team/studio/whatever might be rebranded or something but it's most likely that it will remain under familiar hands, be it Sakurai or Nintendo.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
i went looking for my own answers but then i dug this thing up... http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/18/project-sora-hiring-for-non-smash-bros-game/

note, this was published in 2009
That article said:
[...] Project Sora, a new studio created from the combination of Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai's Sora Ltd. and a pile of Nintendo's money.
I have never laughed so hard at something like that in my life. Maybe it's being up at 1:10 AM, but my first thought was Sakurai and a sack of cash fusing in some way to form a beast or something.
I didn't actually laugh, but I found it quite humorous.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
damn it! you're fast... (that's what she ****!)

anyways... more on the project sora shutting down thing...
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/10/kid-icarus-uprising-studio-closed-but-wait-theres-more/
That just looks like a brief history of Project Sora along with the fact it's shut down and that Sora Ltd. (Or, in other words, Sakurai), is now just supervising Namco's development of it.

Come to think of it, I'm starting to think most of the creative control is in Namco's hands, given that it stays in the vicinity of Smash Brothers style gameplay...

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Come to think of it, I'm starting to think most of the creative control is in Namco's hands, given that it stays in the vicinity of Smash Brothers style gameplay...
Well Sakurai did say he wanted to make Brawl the final smash & he really wasn't that interested in making another sequel. He is probably just there to make sure the game goes well.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well Sakurai did say he wanted to make Brawl the final smash & he really wasn't that interested in making another sequel. He is probably just there to make sure the game goes well.

Good point. I always thought it was a legitimate partnership until half an hour ago when the Project Sora dissolution stuff was brought up and I actually read into some of it. The wonders of actually reading things.

Just a bunch of workers and a supervisor. Not a bad thing, though. As long as it's still Smashy.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think this proves my previous suspensions that HAL Laboratories will be involved in the production (probably as co-developers) of Smash WiiU/3DS, which would be good news!

More good news would be if Monolith Soft, Game Arts, and Paon were also co-developers, and all 3 of those companies (plus HAL and the departments of Namco Bandai Games that are developing Smash WiiU3/DS) are focusing most, if not all of their efforts, on making Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS.
come to think of it... does anyone know who that second employee at Sora is?
Sakurai just referred to them as "his assistant."

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sakurai's assistant for Sm4sh. I would main him.

I'm not going to be able to sleep until I find this information out.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why would it be a man?

If it were just me and someone else, I'd find some hot chick.

I could think of some fun games we could make

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Maybe that's where tripping came from in Brawl.

"Oh I tripped. *grope* How clumsy of me!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom