• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
The highest requested character should be GHIRAHIM! His love for Rainbows will not be denied! We shall have Ghirahim for smash 4~:colorful::happysheep::cheep::rainbowcruise:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
alright... we just made Shulk the highest voted.... but in the end, this is Stupid. Nowhere does it say this is an official poll. This is just something that is going to be sent to Sakurai... that's it. it's just like everyone else.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well, when he doesn't say that, he says ****tiest and gets all weird. But then he says Strongest again and everything is back to normal.

Peachy-Desu fills my heart with rainbows.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sup y'all? It's been a while. So, Namco is making Smash togheter with Sakurai? Have no real opinion on it yet, but I do view it in a positive light.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Waluigi's back up top again?! How is this still happening? He's got over 1200 votes at the moment!

I can't help but feel this is rigged somehow. At least now Ridley, K.Rool, Ghirahim, and Shulk have narrowed the gap but Waluigi still being highest is really sketchy.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I'm serious, this is nothing and won't amount to anything.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ august
Can someone explain the whole Stupid thing to me?
Some dumb site made a stupid poll. They claim to have a source or something that can forward the results of this non-Japanese poll to Namco Bandai Games and Sakurai. :rolleyes:

Honestly, SmashBoards should make some super poll, get the 100 most requested characters, slowly narrow it down to say 25-50, and have users select 10-15 of those characters.

That or we can just all agree that Mewtwo, King K. Rool, Ridley, and Mega Man should be in all future Smash Bros. titles! :awesome:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Yeah, that poll is pretty fail. They only included a very small number of characters, they should have had people write-in candidates first, then do run-offs. Also, no way is Waluigi better than Saki, K. Rool, Ridley, and anyone else on that poll. People have no taste.

Edit: It's like a goddamn nightmare: every time I hit refresh, Waluigi's numbers go up 3 points. Seriously, Internet, WTF?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
The main thing that irks me about that poll is that it only has one character from each series, despite the fact that several series have more than one possible candidate. It just unnecessarily limits the choices to pick from, and some of them seem an odd choice to pick from the series to stand out. I realize there is a write in section for characters that are missed out, but the characters that are actually in poll have an advantage.

Also they say you can only vote for 16 characters, but there's nothing stopping you voting for everyone so I don't even see the point of mentioning that. It's a nice idea to try and give a more western input when it comes to character choices but I don't really see this impacting anything in the slightest.

I have to admit, I thought I had heard of every possible Nintendo game they could pull characters from at this point, but I had never heard of Crystalis before this poll. Guess there are still some hidden mysteries in Nintendo's vault I've yet to discover.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Crystalis is a shapeshifter villain from season 2 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

[COLLAPSE="Here's an image."]
[/COLLAPSE]

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The main thing that irks me about that poll is that it only has one character from each series, despite the fact that several series have more than one possible candidate. It just unnecessarily limits the choices to pick from, and some of them seem an odd choice to pick from the series to stand out. I realize there is a write in section for characters that are missed out, but the characters that are actually in poll have an advantage.

Also they say you can only vote for 16 characters, but there's nothing stopping you voting for everyone so I don't even see the point of mentioning that. It's a nice idea to try and give a more western input when it comes to character choices but I don't really see this impacting anything in the slightest.

I have to admit, I thought I had heard of every possible Nintendo game they could pull characters from at this point, but I had never heard of Crystalis before this poll. Guess there are still some hidden mysteries in Nintendo's vault I've yet to discover.
Actually, it seems to me like they held an earlier poll, and this is the first of a few run-offs. Either way, the selection is lame(no Megaman? WTF?). And before you say "oh, there are no 3rd parties", Prof. Layton is a third party and he's in there too.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For the Crystalis question while being serious (not sure if ~automatic's My Little Pony response was trolling or wasn't paying attention), Crystalis is a third party action RPG that was created by SNK. SNK was the publisher/developer of the NES version while Nintendo was the publisher/developer of the Game Boy Color version (but still considered third party).

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Ah ok, so apparently the reason why Waluigi is doing so well is because 4chan is throwing all of their votes behind him. They're also doing write-ins for the Pokemon Dunsparce, the comments box is FULL of them.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Ah ok, so apparently the reason why Waluigi is doing so well is because 4chan is throwing all of their votes behind him. They're also doing write-ins for the Pokemon Dunsparce, the comments box is FULL of them.
It all makes sense now. Damn it, 4chan, why must you ruin everything good?

At least Ridley and Shulk are keeping a somewhat close 2nd/3rd place.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Here we go again, another way to draw in people like sheep. That blatant lie of "Sakurai announcing the winner of the polls" is just so farfetched that it's beyond ridiculous.

Not gonna waste my time on this poll.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
@PsychoIncarnate if you dont mind me asking what exactly is that thing I know I've seen it before.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I'm changing my tag to Dunsparce Waluigi for the next smash game.

EDIT: My tag will finally match my mains. :colorful:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
IMO what's wrong with the poll isn't so much that Waluigi is so high.
No, the wrong in it is that you got someone like K.Rool and even N being higher than Little Mac, Palutina and Takamaru.

Also there are so much things that are wrong with that list. No F-Zero rep? The only Wario rep being Ashley over Captain Syrup and Jimmy/Mona? Being a fan of both those series I'm really disappointed.
N being the only Pokemon rep is a bad choice, I'd take Zoroark over him. Then again I can't really think of any good Pokemon rep as of now since the ones we got is already good enough. Maybe change Pokemon Trainer to have other starters? I don't mind any gen, I like them all except 5's starters.
BUT K.Rool instead of any other single DK Country 1-2 character? ...ugh. Kremlings should remain dead as DK villains.

Well I don't really care what character we get as long as Little Mac is getting in, and Wario staying exactly the same as he is right now. Any F-Zero rep and a Wario rep that isn't Ashley are just icing in the cake for me, but I can live without any of them.

mjwuLFe94

Smash Rookie
It would be cool if sakurai implenented some of ai reflections. Like a lvl ten cpu that can dd and do some fakes and some advanced moves so that when u are alone u won't have to practice on a cpu that is predictable and sort of worsens ur gameplay (a bit) when playing other people. I'm just throeing an opinion~~

:phone:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
For those who think the VGtribune poll was stupid, Omni has put together a Smashboards character poll. Vote here. Tell all your friends.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IMO what's wrong with the poll isn't so much that Waluigi is so high.
No, the wrong in it is that you got someone like K.Rool and even N being higher than Little Mac, Palutina and Takamaru.

Also there are so much things that are wrong with that list. No F-Zero rep? The only Wario rep being Ashley over Captain Syrup and Jimmy/Mona? Being a fan of both those series I'm really disappointed.
N being the only Pokemon rep is a bad choice, I'd take Zoroark over him. Then again I can't really think of any good Pokemon rep as of now since the ones we got is already good enough. Maybe change Pokemon Trainer to have other starters? I don't mind any gen, I like them all except 5's starters.
BUT K.Rool instead of any other single DK Country 1-2 character? ...ugh. Kremlings should remain dead as DK villains.

Well I don't really care what character we get as long as Little Mac is getting in, and Wario staying exactly the same as he is right now. Any F-Zero rep and a Wario rep that isn't Ashley are just icing in the cake for me, but I can live without any of them.
Of course K. Rool is higher than little mac, takamaru, and palutena...

He's the most popular newcomer for smash 4 after all.

He's also a better character than those 3

The fact you want kremlins gone as DK villains is horribly wrong and you should feel bad for it

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
well... the thing is that, K. Rool is sometimes not on some people's roster predictions due to the fact that some people only want one rep so they can spread the love, and thus choose Dixie Kong as more "Deserving". As for Little Mac specifically, he is most likely on everyone in the west's prediction rosters. Takamaru is most likely on everyone in the land of the rising sun's prediction rosters. and Palutena? no... not in the same caliber as those two.

Also, Spinosaurus... the thing that's wrong with the poll is the belief that it will actually reach Sakurai... everything else is just fluff.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The thing that's wrong with the roster is it doesn't include Geno, who was popular during Brawl's development.

The guy is either ignorant or bias in the worst kind of way

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Of course K. Rool is higher than little mac, takamaru, and palutena...

He's the most popular newcomer for smash 4 after all.

He's also a better character than those 3

The fact you want kremlins gone as DK villains is horribly wrong and you should feel bad for it
Don't get me wrong, I like K.Rool but...

1. He's a horrible villain and hasn't been relevant since Jungle Climber. His motive to steal DK's bananas is to make DK starve?

2. The Kremlings and K.Rool are uninteresting and underwent terrible character developments. What is with the sudden pirates theme in 2?

3. The only reason he's even popular is because of nostalgia.

4. Most of his fanbase are stubborn and blind. Keyword is most. I get people who actually want him in, and I respect that, but those nostalgia goggles and constant whining that I have seen has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I don't even want a new DK rep, but if we were getting one I actually would prefer Dixie but I don't want her in that much.

And no, a boxer and a goddess of light are much better than a goofy king that is worse than Bowser and Dedede in terms of character, motive and moveset potential.

But I digress, I really don't wanna argue about this. "Been there, done that", you could say, and it'll just derail the topic.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Don't get me wrong, I like K.Rool but...

1. He's a horrible villain and hasn't been relevant since Jungle Climber. His motive to steal DK's bananas is to make DK starve?

2. The Kremlings and K.Rool are uninteresting and underwent terrible character developments. What is with the sudden pirates theme in 2?

3. The only reason he's even popular is because of nostalgia.

4. Most of his fanbase are stubborn and blind. Keyword is most. I get people who actually want him in, and I respect that, but those nostalgia goggles and constant whining that I have seen has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I don't even want a new DK rep, but if we were getting one I actually would prefer Dixie but I don't want her in that much.

And no, a boxer and a goddess of light are much better than a goofy king that is worse than Bowser and Dedede in terms of character, motive and moveset potential.

But I digress, I really don't wanna argue about this. "Been there, done that", you could say, and it'll just derail the topic.
The first game had a pirate theme as well, 2 just took it full on and did it better. How are they uninteresting characters? They were funny, unless you were expecting to take the game too seriously. They did it a lot better than the Tiki's in DKCR, which used the most generic boss type as their final boss.

Did you even play DKC 2? One of the best games even by today's standards, and one of the best games for the Super Nintendo.

He has moveset potential to spare, appearing in 4 games with different attacks in each of them.

Your bias against him is completely unfounded and a lot worse than their nostalgia goggles

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The first game had a pirate theme as well, 2 just took it full on and did it better. How are they uninteresting characters? They were funny, unless you were expecting to take the game too seriously. They did it a lot better than the Tiki's in DKCR, which used the most generic boss type as their final boss.
So because I don't find them funny I'm taking the game seriously? OK.
I've mentioned it before. They're uninteresting because of their lack of character development (unless you count K.Rool going from king, to a pirate, to Frankenstein and then to uh...ugh the humiliation to boxing as good character development. Which you shouldn't.) and their motives are some of the worst I've seen. Their main purpose is to be comical villains,. There's only so much you can do with that archetype, but you can bring them justice (Dedede) or they can end up being random to the fullest and unoriginal (K.Rool).

The Tikis are the superior villains. They've got a better motive, a better design and much are generally more threatening. And generic? Maybe, but so are the Kremling. Who has the better character in general is another debate, but in the end both lack in that department.
If Tiki Tong is just another andross, then how can you ignore that K.Rool is just another Bowser? They're both reptile-like kings. They both get their minions to do their work. They're both comical. They both want to rule their world.
Also, don't give me that "K.Rool was a better boss." Don't. Just don't.
He's horrible as one.

Did you even play DKC 2? One of the best games even by today's standards, and one of the best games for the Super Nintendo.
...this has anything to do with what? I'm aware DKC2 is one of the best platformers, but I'm arguing about K.Rool being a bad character and not DKC being a bad game. (Because they're not. Well 2 and Returns aren't anyway.)

He has moveset potential to spare, appearing in 4 games with different attacks in each of them.
Indeed he does, but so? I don't find a fat king crocodile who is also a pirate, wannabe frankenstein and...a wannabe boxer to be very appealing. That's just random to the extreme.

Your bias against him is completely unfounded and a lot worse than their nostalgia goggles
If I'm bias, I would support him. Why? I like K.Rool, even more than Dedede and Bowser, and I like the Kremlings too. But I don't want him in. See the difference?
If he does get in though, I wouldn't care, let people have their character, let them enjoy it. I'm just stating what I feel right now.

If you want to continue let's take it to PMs. But it'd be better not to anyway, as we are arguing about a fictional character that is mostly targeted towards kids.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nostaliga goggles make up for most of the support K.Rool has? :rolleyes: Wanna know who exactly has been kept in (and accepted by most of Smash's fanbase) for those reasons? Sheik. At least DKC2 actually survived the time gapse in gaming. Ocarina of Time (orignal N64 version) didn't in my humble opinion.

Oh and Impa should totally replace Sheik then as a character. I see some new faces around but I've been promoting this idea for a while, hope it gets more accepted this time. You know you'd like it. :smirk:

[colapse]
[/colapse]

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
WTF does a platform game need character development? Since when do Nintendo characters get character development?

Do Goomba's have character development? No, they are just there to be stepped on. Kremlin's at least have interesting designs and have different appearances with each game.

Little Mac is just a Rocky knock off, Takamaru is just a samurai, and Palutena doesn't have character development but simply a perky personality.

K. Rool isn't just another Bowser. He doesn't follow any of Bowser's attack patterns, he's got his own unique patterns. Also, the Tiki is closer to Wham Bam than Andross, but Andross and Bongo Bongo are the 3D equivalents.

Who I believe is too close to Black Face...

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
You're reasoning is riddled with inconsistencies considering some of the characters that are already in Smash.
Well as of now I am only arguing that he's a horrible villain in general. I am not completely against him.

WTF does a platform game need character development? Since when do Nintendo characters get character development?

Fire Emblem. Mother. F-Zero.
Hell, Wario.

Also I never said Bowser and Goombas are interesting themselves. But whatever.

prettynice

Smash Apprentice
I hate when people put characters they know aren't going to be in ssb4 on their prediction roster such as: PacMan, Shadow, etc etc. The only reason I believe Shadow isn't going to be there is because Sonic most likely isn't going to be there because he's a third party character. And PacMan... seriously, now?

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom