• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Look, I get that you were playing the "by that same logic, you could also say this" card

I get that

I'm asking WHY did you post that, like, what were you trying to prove or say by posting that

Were you saying that to poke holes in my argument of TxSF not being the one to be revealed in three days because of how far along it is in development or... what? It's just a simple question

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Loving the speculation. What do you guys think of pictures on the bottom half of the site?

The bottom left one appears to be the nose of a cow.
The most bottom towards the left appears to be Brawl's opening waters.
The most bottom towards the middle appears to be a girl in some cavern that resembles an aquarium?
The two zebra-like stripped pictures near the bottom left. I'm completely lost.

A lot of the pictures make references to water. 3-4 to be more precise.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
The Zebra striped thing is a Nautilus. But why would there be two pictures of it?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Statur of Liberty either hints at Little Mac(Training) or Victini(Liberty tower).

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Look, I get that you were playing the "by that same logic, you could also say this" card

I get that

I'm asking WHY did you post that, like, what were you trying to prove or say by posting that

Were you saying that to poke holes in my argument of TxSF not being the one to be revealed in three days because of how far along it is in development or... what? It's just a simple question
What else would I be trying to do? :laugh: You said that it couldn't be this one game, and you were betting on Smash Brothers. My post was to point out that you have no reason to bet on it, if that is the reason why you think TxSF wasn't going to be it but Smash Brothers is.

My post was rather simple, so I was confused at your confusion.

Not to ruin anyone's fun (not like this is going to stop anything anyhow :awesome: ) but those pictures are likely random and meaningless.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Oh

Derp :embarrass: :laugh:

Well, I wasn't betting on Smash specifically (remember, I said it could be either it or another crossover game), I just said I don't think it would be TxSF even for reasons other than it only being 10% complete. I don't think they would reveal another Tekken game (or at least Tekken-related) so close to another one coming out (that game would be Tekken Tag Tournament 2, which releases this fall). I think that they would at least wait until TTT2 releases before revealing TxSF so that it won't steal TTT2's thunder, so to speak

... Now that I think about it, probably should've said this in the beginning

Oh well

Omni

BRoomer
So there's a:

1.) Old car/carriage on a street. Appears to be parked on the left-hand side of the street showing that the picture may have been taken into a country where the roads are reversed.
2.) A picture of clouds. Cloudy skies.
3.) The statute of liberty.
4.) A date.
5.) Ocean water.
6.) A Nautilus (in two pictures).
7.) A cow's nose.
8.) More water with a sunset. Similar to Brawl's intro waters.
9.) A blue cavern. Could be an aquarium.

All of which are labeled under the title ALL STAR BATTLE. Official site created by Namco-Bandai.

Where are our geniuses of the site? Don't tell me none of you guys can't crack the code with all the evidence and hints scattered around.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939

Omni

BRoomer
Edit: @Aether. At the same time, your contribution doesn't add anything to the conversation. I'd much prefer comments such as smashmanx7's than yours.

I think the above article simply means that Sakurai doesn't plan on expanding the character list past Brawl's 36 character limit.

Which means there will be a set of niche characters that will stay in Smash no matter such as:
- Mario Universe (Mario, Luigi)
- Pokemon Universe (Pikachu)
- Kirby Universe (Kirby)
- Starfox Universe (Fox)
- DK Universe (Donkey Kong)
- F-Zero Universe (Falcon)
- Zelda Universe (Link)

There's also a good chance that characters like ROB and Snake will get the boot.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Gotta say, this kind of "teaser site" is just way too bizarre to be on my grasp. I can even predict it's gonna be some joke site trolling you akin to April Fools-related teaser joking. (-l3l-);

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I dunno though would it necessarily be related to Smash anyway. (-=´l-); I even might predict it might just be NamcoBandai's own crossover game announcement! I mean, it doesn't even have Nintendo's logo or Project Sora's logo anywhere besides Namdai's.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Even with the update, it's still very puzzling on what it all means. Maybe in a Japanese context all of this would make more sense (kind of).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I've got it! K. Rool's submarine in DKC3 is called "The Knautilus." K. Rool konfirmed!

I don't know what to tell anyone who seriously believes this game is getting a roster of 36 or less.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The date palm's genus name is "Phoenix."

Starphoenix reluctantly confirmed?

That water in the aquarium is also... Krystal clear. My goodness, Shorts was right.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
I have no idea what to say but it just no where near Smash Brothers :S
wouldn't there be a Nintendo logo or the Sora logo somewhere atleast if it were Smash Brothers?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
wouldn't there be a Nintendo logo or the Sora logo somewhere atleast if it were Smash Brothers?
NINE, LOOK. THERE ARE WAVES IN THAT BOTTOM SECOND PICTURE. YOUR DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE, WAVEDASHING WILL RETURNcaps.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also apparently the game is going to be set in America, the final boss is a massive nautilus, and the cow is god.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Also apparently the game is going to be set in America, the final boss is a massive nautilus, and the cow is god.
No, that's not it at all.
The game is going to be set in a cow, the massive nautilus is a god, and the final boss is America.

Edit: Regardless, I agree with this guy:
wait just a second. why would the official website for Smash Bros. 4 be in Namco Bandai's website and not Nintendo's?

While yes, the game is being developed by Namco Bandai, I can't see why would they put it on their website... and the Copyright notice in the lower part of the site doesn't refer to Nintendo at all... so this may be something totally unrelated.

Lower the expectations or be disappointed, that's what I've got to say!

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Even if this isn't related to Super Smash Bros in any way, it's still fun to make up bizarre theories from the random pictures.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/newtitle/

idk if you guys noticed or I may be traumatized by brawl(which i am)
but take a look at the bottom left corner two blocks away to the right. Theres a horizon and the ocean.

Now watch this at 0:58......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMePdzH13PA

Seems close enough to it. :S
this might be Smash brothers?
IDK im just being retarted?
A lot of people agree with you, including me. The only problem is that it was noticed much earlier by other people.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Now find the nautilus and date in the Super Smash Brothers series.

One two three GO!

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
A lot of people agree with you, including me. The only problem is that it was noticed much earlier by other people.
Lol i assumed so.
I'm hoping they don't focus on the story like brawl :(
Melee had its own stories from us the community.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
^ I would be so freaking pissed if it was.

that game was almost as bad as Fuzion Frenzy.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Masahiro Sakurai said:
It isn’t a matter of ‘if the next game has 50 characters, that’ll be enough.’ There is a certain charm to games that have huge casts of playable characters, but they tend to have issues with game balance and it becomes very difficult to fine-tune each character and have them all feel distinctive…. In terms of quantity, we’ve probably already reached the limit of what’s feasible. I think a change of direction may be what’s needed.
Hey, quick question... what would you do or say if there were NO newcomers? and that they would just fine tune the characters that they already have?

me personally? I would might just skimp out on getting a Wii U... that's how much i feel about it... i may get one eventually but for metroid... and mario karts... and then EVENTUALLY get smash when it's cheaper...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey, quick question... what would you do or say if there were NO newcomers? and that they would just fine tune the characters that they already have?

me personally? I would might just skimp out on getting a Wii U... that's how much i feel about it... i may get one eventually but for metroid... and mario karts... and then EVENTUALLY get smash when it's cheaper...
If there were no new characters, then I fully expect the game to bomb horribly, and be met with immense hatred that makes Other M look like a love parade.

Thankfully, that is not going to happen. It's much ado about nothing, really. People with poor reading comprehension are over-sensationalizing something that we've already discussed and have known for months. Intent gets lost in translation, and this is likely an example of that. Remember this?

There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users.
Yeah.

The main point is, and a point Sakurai has been making for months, is that making a sequel is more than just multiplying the roster. Especially when we are at a point where most of the higher profile characters have already been added; so most people were not expecting a large amount of newcomers anyways.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Intent gets lost in translation, and this is likely an example of that. Remember this?
Even tougher when it's on the internet and you don't have anything to go off of besides what you read (no emotion, body language, tone of voice). Can't tell ya how many times I've mistaken people and have gotten into flame wars over something meaningless.

The main point is, and a point Sakurai has been making for months, is that making a sequel is more than just multiplying the roster. Especially when we are at a point where most of the higher profile characters have already been added; so most people were not expecting a large amount of newcomers anyways.
Going to guess that it'll be like Brawl where he focused on other aspects of the game unlike in Melee where he tried to buff up the roster as much as he could (ex. 5 Clones vs 1 Unique Dedede). That's not to say the roster will be the same and same in size to how it turned out in Brawl.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
And since people cannot seem to be quiet about how there won't be any new characters, let me remind everyone of something (courtesy of Tri-Hi's information database). Sakurai already said there were characters he was not able to include with Brawl, at the very least I am pretty sure he would look back at those characters he was not able to put in given his tendency to return to unused characters or ideas.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I'd just like to say I know you had already dissected this quote but it has been getting around and I just wanted to know what you (or ANY of you guys, really) would do or say if such a thing happened...

it's just to spice things up a little, since i'm bored and stuff... smash spec has gotten stagnant and it annoys me to all hell when the littlest things happen and people say... "GASP! is this about smash bros?" sometimes, i like to humor it though...

btw, it was this that got me thinking on hmmm... what IF? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m85V_qHvjrw&feature=g-u-u

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Wouldn't that give it away?

vicgur

Smash Ace
I would be VERY angry at first, but I think I would buy it anyway[with a smile on my face].
It all depends on the rest of the game[the modes, the items and the stages]. Oh, and DLC. I'd be expecting major DLC characters later after launch.

And hey, if Samus is better than she is in Brawl and Snake is back, I'll be a happy potato.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom