• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd buy the game ten times over if that happened.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I don't know if anybody has thought about this yet or not, but in articles about the game they have stated that they really want to change the direction of the game, and not just add in new characters. Namco has been making 3D fighters and I wonder if there is a possibility that's the direction they want to take Smash.

Personally, I hope not but I have been wondering about it since there is a lack of information right now.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't see a 3D Smash happening. Now, something more akin to other 2D fighters I can easily see happening.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
there is no way hell any Smash Bros game will be a 3D fighter unless it is considered a spinoff or a new IP not called smash bros.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Yeah. 3D Smash would be a mess akin to BDZ Budokai if it were to retain the platforming aspects and crossed them over with 3D combat.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I looked at the source code and translated some of the Japanese; unfortunately, no further hints as to what it is.

Seeing as SSB is "Nintendo All Star! Dairantō Smash Brothers" in Japan, chances are high that this is related.

Cool find!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
AND THERE WAS A PICTURE OF A SKY WHICH OBVIOUSLY HINTS AT PROJECT SORA (SKY IN JAPANESE)caps.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I hate to be that guy, but I hope you all realize it is more than likely one of Namco's existing properties, or Namco is finally ready to show their work on Tekken X Street Fighter. Might even be another look at Project X Zone of the Namco-Bandai roster.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Well 2 of those pictures are of a nautilus. What the **** does this even mean?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
AND Sky starts with the letter S and has a K in the middle JUST like Sakurai, and they both even end in the same sound, sky and Sakurai.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here's a piece of interesting news. Seth Killian just joined Sony's Santa Monica studio, and will be helping Superbot to develop Sony All-Star Battle Royale. This makes Kilian the third high profile fighting game personality to be hired on by Sony to help develop Battle Royale. Clockwork and Ed Ma are the other two.

It would be a shame if this knock off game ends up playing better than the next Super Smash Bros. Luckily I'm not too worried about it since I know Namco-Bandai will help to alleviate Sakurai of the need to balance everything, thereby setting the next game up for a better community success. Super Smash Bros will sell regardless.

EDIT: Oh, Sakurai posted this on Twitter. Thought it was pretty creative.

Pleeeeease people, don't read anything into this.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
All these pictures of water and water-related themes (nautilus) on the Namco site. Could water battles be added to the new Smash?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Whoah dude I checked out the japanese Bandai Namco site. I can't believe they are making a GON videogame!

Gon is this guy->

He has a famous comic series that doesn't use any text whatsoever, so its popular world wide. Apparently he even made an appearance as a playable character in Tekken 3. If you get a chance to read the manga do it! (Well not read but view cause there's no text) He's a little dinosaur with the power of a T-REX! Breaking all laws of nature and slaying all who oppose him! But I think he's cutesy enough to be a more likely candidate for Smash Bros.
Apparently he had a game for the famicom too.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Here's a piece of interesting news. Seth Killian just joined Sony's Santa Monica studio, and will be helping Superbot to develop Sony All-Star Battle Royale. This makes Kilian the third high profile fighting game personality to be hired on by Sony to help develop Battle Royale. Clockwork and Ed Ma are the other two.

It would be a shame if this knock off game ends up playing better than the next Super Smash Bros. Luckily I'm not too worried about it since I know Namco-Bandai will help to alleviate Sakurai of the need to balance everything, thereby setting the next game up for a better community success. Super Smash Bros will sell regardless.

Why must we call this a knockoff game? Are we to call every 2D fighter a knockoff of Street Fighter and every 3D fighter a knockoff of Virtua Fighter? There's nothing new under the sun. What ultimately matters is if they can take the pre-existing formula and evolve it (something Brawl drastically failed to do).

AND OMG R THOSE CHARACTERS CONFIRMED?! GEE, I WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT THAT CHARACTERS FROM BRAWL WOULD'VE MADE IT IN!

But they seriously need to change Fox's design, namely the head and shoes.

All these pictures of water and water-related themes (nautilus) on the Namco site. Could water battles be added to the new Smash?
How would that even work?

Whoah dude I checked out the japanese Bandai Namco site. I can't believe they are making a GON videogame!

He has a famous comic series that doesn't use any text whatsoever, so its popular world wide. Apparently he even made an appearance as a playable character in Tekken 3. If you get a chance to read the manga do it! (Well not read but view cause there's no text) He's a little dinosaur with the power of a T-REX! Breaking all laws of nature and slaying all who oppose him! But I think he's cutesy enough to be a more likely candidate for Smash Bros.
Only problem is that he's a manga character, not a videogame character.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Water battles can work like in the air, except you get infinite little jumps when you flick up. Basically, Super Mario Bros. swimming.

That picture... Bluemin as the new Pikmin representative?!?!?!

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman

Yay Mr. Saturn for SSB4!

I picture water battles being slow & floaty. I wouldn't want a stage to be completely enveloped in water the entire time though.

I would want a water-based stage for characters like Starfy.

:phone:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Not sure how water battles would work. Maybe surface attacks while swimming with the ability to dive down and use aerials. Not sure if it really is a good idea, just trying to understand why half the images feature some relation to water.

Do we know what that statue is? Maybe it could lead to a clue.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Not sure how water battles would work. Maybe surface attacks while swimming with the ability to dive down and use aerials. Not sure if it really is a good idea, just trying to understand why half the images feature some relation to water.

Do we know what that statue is? Maybe it could lead to a clue.
First off, it's the Statue of Liberty. Secondly, I'm 99.9% positive this teaser has nothing to do with Super Smash Bros.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
As aetherecos pointed out, the sun over the water looks like it is from Brawl. Namco has been announced as developing Smash. The title says All Star Battle.

A lot of things lining up. Guess we might know Thursday.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
All-Star battle resembles the All-Star title used for the PS3. Also, I think the picture to the right looks like a beef jerky. Or a Slim Jim? Earthworm Jim? Hrmm....

We'll see soon.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
All-Stars was what Smash Brothers was called before Brawl right?

Third parties confirmed gone from SSB4. :laugh:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
As aetherecos pointed out, the sun over the water looks like it is from Brawl. Namco has been announced as developing Smash. The title says All Star Battle.

A lot of things lining up. Guess we might know Thursday.
It's not that close, really. I upped the contrast to get a better look at the picture. All Star Battle can mean many things; Tekken X Street Fighter, Jump Ultimate 3DS, or some other crossover title. Besides, if any company were going to tease Super Smash Bros news, it would be Nintendo. Sakurai has already stated that they are very early in development and not to expect news for awhile. I did not get the impression that "awhile" meant less than a month later.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
All-Star battle resembles the All-Star title used for the PS3. Also, I think the picture to the right looks like a beef jerky. Or a Slim Jim? Earthworm Jim? Hrmm....

We'll see soon.
Looks like a raisin to me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's not that close, really. I upped the contrast to get a better look at the picture. All Star Battle can mean many things; Tekken X Street Fighter, Jump Ultimate 3DS, or some other crossover title. Besides, if any company were going to tease Super Smash Bros news, it would be Nintendo. Sakurai has already stated that they are very early in development and not to expect news for awhile. I did not get the impression that "awhile" meant less than a month later.
You're trying to save yourself from disappointment aren't you? Really, in light of recent news and some information regarding TxSF, it's a very strong possibility it'll be Smash 4.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You're trying to save yourself from disappointment aren't you? Really, in light of recent news and some information regarding TxSF, it's a very strong possibility it'll be Smash 4.
It's not disappointment, just common sense.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Find it interesting that GoNintendo reposted the message Sakurai said about adding more character makes it harder to balance and changing direction. I can understand that he might make the roster size barely any bigger but I really want to know what on earth he has in mind for getting the game to move in a "change of direction." Just give us a hint Sakurai.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Change of direction could be customizable move sets? Maybe different smashes and B moves to choose from. Maybe more movement. Maybe every character will gain a counter.

I think every character should be able to crawl and wall jump (even if not well).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
We'll find out in a few days, gotta agree with Star though, I really doubt that Namco would be the one to reveal any major news even if they're helping develop the game. I'm personally hoping it's TvSF related, not that a localization of X Zone wouldn't also excite me.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Find it interesting that GoNintendo reposted the message Sakurai said about adding more character makes it harder to balance and changing direction. I can understand that he might make the roster size barely any bigger but I really want to know what on earth he has in mind for getting the game to move in a "change of direction." Just give us a hint Sakurai.
He better be careful how far he takes it. That is exactly what SquareEnix is doing with Dragon Quest X, and there are a lot of fans like myself who are extremely disappointed. I'm all for changes, but only in moderation. We will get new characters.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Wikipedia says that a teaser site was already launched for that game before it was officially revealed in a magazine in May. This seems to suggest that this new teaser will not be the game featured. Really, odds are that it will be Smash. Maybe just the name for Smash 4.
I want to believe. :woman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom