• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
He better be careful how far he takes it. That is exactly what SquareEnix is doing with Dragon Quest X, and there are a lot of fans like myself who are extremely disappointed. I'm all for changes, but only in moderation. We will get new characters.
Wasn't Sakurai defending them, saying he was happy that they decided to try something different?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If it is smash-related... I could infer that part of the subliminal messages point at more underwater battle mechanics...

I can't otherwise explain why 3 of those pics have water in it.

If it's character related.. then Sky = Pilotwings? Palutena? Beef jerky = no idea.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
The sky and water could suggest that characters will able to fight... in the sky or... underwater?

Hmmmmm. :)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Wasn't Sakurai defending them, saying he was happy that they decided to try something different?
Yes, he did; but a lot of fans feel differently. Considering his own plans to, presumably, shake up the Super Smash Bros series, I'm not surprised he is defending them.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This reminds me of something I said in that dump of a Krystal thread.

People need to stop placing so much of their expectations based on the previous games of a series. Instead of looking for what you think should be there, look for what is there. From there, it's one thing to criticize for what it has and be constructive about. For example, I can say Brawl's feature of little to no hitstun hurts the game's eb and flow in matches and go on from there.

Take Starfox Adventures. It's nothing like Starfox 64, BUT, if you take into account that it's a Zelda-type game and a good one at that, you can enjoy it for what it is.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
People need to stop placing so much of their expectations based on the previous games of a series.
THIS is what I have been saying all throughout my stay with SWF. From the Original 12 (and by extension the Mario Big 8.), to the Forbidden 7, to clones, luigification and declonification. Guests...
granted, I am expecting alternate costumes like Wario had in brawl, but it's more like I want it to happen than anything really.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yuck, don't even suggest underwater gameplay. Not in my Smash Bros. Water's already been tried once in Smash and look at how awful it is in Brawl. Nobody ever wants to be in the water, swimming, in Brawl.

I wouldn't get your hopes up about the Namco Bandai tease. If anything, in three days, they could just be adding another image to that site to keep teasing us. It doesn't mean they'll actually reveal the full thing this week.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
water would be cool if done right.

plus, underwater is always something you could find in a major nintendo title.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Woaw, we got a crap ton of stuff thrown at us here recently by Sakurai and co! :laugh: (Also, I am glad Pikabunz and HyperFalcon agree with me about 40 posts back!) :grin:

And guys! I THINK NAMCO BANDAI IS TELLING US TO EXPECT AN UNDERWATER CITY ON THE CLOUDS WITH BUILDINGS MADE OF BEEF JERKY CORAL OF EARS AND LOADS OF OTHER CRAP!!! zOMG!!! PLAYSTATION ALL-STARS CAST PLUS MEGA MAN AND A PURPLE PIE WILL BE CONFIRMED!!! :awesome:
Yuck, don't even suggest underwater gameplay. Not in my Smash Bros. Water's already been tried once in Smash and look at how awful it is in Brawl. Nobody ever wants to be in the water, swimming, in Brawl.
It could always be like the Water Temple in Zelda (above water), the underwater area in Pokémon Black and White 2, etc.

Edit: For realZs, I think the beef was for "what's the beef," and I think the sky is either a joke of Brawl's intro screen or a serious reference to it. The rest... confuses me.

As for Sakurai's post, I think he basically confirmed all those characters returning (including the sandbag and Mr. Saturn as items). Don't deep read into it. THANK GOD that it seems Sakurai took my preferred approach of confirming all the all but confirmed veterans.

The biggest question for me is "WHAT IS THAT HEART THING IN THE CENTER!?!?!?" New Smash Ball confirmed, is it just a heart container, or something else=??? :confused:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
And guys! I THINK NAMCO BANDAI IS TELLING US TO EXPECT AN UNDERWATER CITY ON THE CLOUDS WITH BUILDINGS MADE OF BEEF JERKY CORAL OF EARS AND LOADS OF OTHER CRAP!!!
Only Johnknight would be able to make Sense of this Situation. lol

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The heart represents the power of friendship between all of the characters. How sweet, and by "sweet" I mean DISGUSTING.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Omni... that's not Nintendo...

on that picture of smash bros... it's just a drawing the smash team drew on a whiteboard cause they were bored. That's a heart container and DK needed some life after a pounding in the behind so he's got the eyes for the heart container... anyone else notice Mater Hand in the back?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I got a "gut feeling" about the heart being something important, for the same reason I had a "gut feeling" that the smash bros. (ball) icons on the side of the Subspace Emissary were something important in the Brawl trailers. As it turns out, those "smash bros. (ball) icons" were lives in the Subspace Emissary.

Also, I find it interesting that Mario, Donkey Kong, Pit, and perhaps even Master Hand are trying to grab it.
Only Johnknight would be able to make Sense of this Situation. lol
Yep. Because only the cast of PlayStation All-Stars, Pokémon, a lot of the characters already playable in smash bros., and Mega Man fight underwater, in the sky, and in cities (sometimes all at once), as well as in clouds, and have run into beefy jerky in their experiences. :grin: (maybe we could add Earthworm Jim to that list!)

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Wait... There's TWO pictures of a Nautilus?

AND
confirmed! MY DREAM COME TRUE!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Maybe the clues are all red herrings. SOMEONE PAGE PROFESSOR LAYTON!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Onyx Oblivian MAI BOI!!!
I've been on enough dates to know what one looks like. :smirk:

And last I checked, that date looks like it pays for you. So for all you cheap men, latch onto that! :laugh:

But yeah, does that mean that smash bros. will have a "DATE WITH DESTINY!?!?!?" :rotfl:

zOMG, Soul Calibur story mode confurrm111ddd3d!!! :chuckle:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
So basically, there's a small chance Smash 4 could be revealed on my birthday

Well, in that case, I'm actually somewhat excited again

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
All Star Battle can mean many things; Tekken X Street Fighter
TxSF? lolno

As of April of this year, they're only 10% done with the game

That game most likely won't be revealed for at least another few months

Trust me, it's either Smash or some other random crossover game

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Hmm, if that site is SSB related, could the Statue of Liberty image be referencing this?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
A bunch of wild speculation seems useless when you only have to wait three days.

Read some One Piece, shoot some fireworks... Wake up the next day and you'll know truth.

Play some Spore? For some reason I've been doing that.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Is that image even the Statue of Liberty? It shouldn't be too difficult to verify, but I don't think it is...

Oasis: But wild speculation is fun! D:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
A bunch of wild speculation seems useless when you only have to wait three days.

Read some One Piece, shoot some fireworks... Wake up the next day and you'll know truth.

Play some Spore? For some reason I've been doing that.
Play League of Legends, (re)watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, listen to Iron Maiden, and... WORK... I guess...

Three days will be bearable methinks.

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Fail to see the point of that post Holder

I just hope that if this really is the real deal, that we'll still get a DOJO

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Fail to see the... Wut?

I used the same logic that you used against a different game on the game that you endorsed.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Yeah, it is.
Aha! That's really interesting. I'm a Genesect guy myself but I think the likeliest character that could signify (if it represents one at all) is Victini. Personally I'm holding out for it to be Little Mac, or simply a more "American" character. It's a pretty big stretch, but Mike Jones comes to mind...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So hypothetically the Statue of Liberty hints at Little Mac. I also presume the aquarium and surface of water being a hint for Starfy.

But what about the nose, fig, street, and nautilus though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom