• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Haha, but Lance, you gotta "fuel the fun"!

Also, energy drink number one for the day can be crossed off the list.

I've got problems. :urg:

Jturley46

Smash Journeyman
So when is Purdue having their next tourny? I have a friend going to Purdue, so I can conveniently schedule a visit at the same time as a smash tournament.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
So when is Purdue having their next tourny? I have a friend going to Purdue, so I can conveniently schedule a visit at the same time as a smash tournament.
There will most likely be a tournament within the first two Saturdays beginning the school year (so August 27th or September 3rd). Expect an official date for the first tournament within the next week or so.

Also, tell your awesome friend to make an account. We love to meet and greet! :bluejump:

Jturley46

Smash Journeyman
There will most likely be a tournament within the first two Saturdays beginning the school year (so August 27th or September 3rd). Expect an official date for the first tournament within the next week or so.

Also, tell your awesome friend to make an account. We love to meet and greet! :bluejump:
Its a lady friend ;). Im guessing the tournament will be on a Saturday, but if theres games going on that Friday anyone wanna house me? Before Kansas tournaments, Darkrain would just have everyone stay at his house on Friday, and we'd play games all night, then tourny on saturday etc

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
I just realized I'm a Smash Ace now, you guys are gonna get ****ed up this semester. Also, potentially me and Jason will be hosting smash every Tuesday. Tuesday Night Fights incoming.

Jayford

Smash Lord
So apparently all the cool kids play fighting games on ps3, but I have a 360, what do?
Thats the problem I ran into haha. Luckily Xbox Live is generally better connection wise for fighting games. At least thats what I have heard >.>. A lot of people have 360s and if you ever need a PS3 stick people generally have extra ones. Also, you could always dual mod your stick :D.

Come to fighting game club too. There are lots of good people there.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Also, you could always dual mod your stick :D.

Come to fighting game club too. There are lots of good people there.
I might end up doing that. And if going to fighting game club means I'll learn to play, I'm coming!

Also, I'm going to be bring an N64 and Smash along with my Cube this year if anyone's up for it (Falcon dittos in 64 are fun as hell).

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
It's worse when you play pad. I'm most comfortable playing ps3 pad, but it means I absolutely can't play against anyone on ps3. usually that doesn't matter at a gaming club. But if a friend wants to play and only has a 360.... :/

but melee is still fun.

Hippy, do you play mtg formats other than legacy?

Jayford

Smash Lord
It's worse when you play pad. I'm most comfortable playing ps3 pad, but it means I absolutely can't play against anyone on ps3. usually that doesn't matter at a gaming club. But if a friend wants to play and only has a 360.... :/

but melee is still fun.

Hippy, do you play mtg formats other than legacy?
You can get converters for fairly cheap. I should have got one for MK9 lol. I used to play MK9 on pad, but then I learned stick because tournament politics (The guy running the tournament was friends with the other guy in grand finals) forced me to play a grand finals set on stick because it was on ps3. I still ***** the guy tho lmao. The weird thing was my execution was better, but my blocking sucked o_0.

voorhese

Smash Master
Wow that is pretty boss, the bosses look too easy though, i hope when ever they are finished the bosses are much harder.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Of course. Just let me know what's going on.
Nothing really, I'd just like to play with people. Right now I've got a standard deck which is fairly competitive considering I'm a Johnny, and an EDH I haven't got to play with yet based off of the counterpunch precon. If you've got any suggestions as far as times/places you'd be up for playing, I'm down. I like castle a lot.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Update on travel john: I am at the boarding area now with my boarding pass. God willing that I don't run into anything crazy, I should be arriving in Lafayette tomorrow at 8:00 pm, and move into Fro and 'Fro LLC on Wednesday.

BIG C

Smash Master
total tally for the weekend 18-20 anyone who was there knows what I'm talking about. The weekend was pretty boss too bad 'Fro had to be detained or I imagine it would have been quite more humorous.

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
Nothing really, I'd just like to play with people. Right now I've got a standard deck which is fairly competitive considering I'm a Johnny, and an EDH I haven't got to play with yet based off of the counterpunch precon. If you've got any suggestions as far as times/places you'd be up for playing, I'm down. I like castle a lot.
Castle, really?? I didn't really realize that they even had a magic scene. You should drive out to Game Preserve on Tuesday. EDH games start at 5pm.

Mr H

Smash Ace
total tally for the weekend 18-20 anyone who was there knows what I'm talking about. The weekend was pretty boss too bad 'Fro had to be detained or I imagine it would have been quite more humorous.
18-20 wtffffffffff

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Fall 2011 SSBO Schedule

Good sirs, I present to you the SSBO schedule for fall semester. Please note that our usual biweekly structure has been compromised a few times to work around such logistical issues as our breaks and major home football games. Post up if there are any other significant issues with these dates that have escaped me.

SSBO LVIII: September 3
SSBO LIX: September 10
SSBO LX: September 24
SSBO LXI: October 15
SSBO LXII: October 29
SSBO LXIII: November 5
SSBO LXIV: November 19
SSBO LXV: December 3

Also, with regards to the PLR, I will be deciding on the bracket point distribution, pay-out scheme, and earnings cap for higher-ranked players in the coming days. Expect another post soon with that information. With that said, I look forward to reuniting the crew for another successful and hilarious semester. Too much hype!

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Good sirs, I present to you the SSBO schedule for fall semester. Please note that our usual biweekly structure has been compromised a few times to work around such logistical issues as our breaks and major home football games. Post up if there are any other significant issues with these dates that have escaped me.

SSBO LVIII: September 3
SSBO LIX: September 10
SSBO LX: September 24
SSBO LXI: October 15
SSBO LXII: October 29
SSBO LXIII: November 5
SSBO LXIV: November 19
SSBO LXV: December 3

Also, with regards to the PLR, I will be deciding on the bracket point distribution, pay-out scheme, and earnings cap for higher-ranked players in the coming days. Expect another post soon with that information. With that said, I look forward to reuniting the crew for another successful and hilarious semester. Too much hype!
i shall make it out to at least one of these

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Good **** this weekend, guys. It was a nice rebound from the other week, and it was extra cool hangin' out with da C. Heh, there were too many one-liners and small dialogue exchanges that just cracked my **** up this weekend, rofl.

And yeah, Big C, 18 sounds about right. That kid just doesn't make any **** sense, lol.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Jason needs new clothes for school.

Eric and Jason go to mall.

Eric and Jason walk around for .002 seconds.

Jason has to pee. (of course)

Jason does a 180 to the restroom.

Jason chooses urinal close to stall.

Jason starts pissing.

Random kid runs into restroom panting.

Random kid chooses stall next to Jason.

Jason decided to wear sandals today.

Random kid decided to miss the toilet.

Piss splashes on floor.

Piss is now on Jason's feet.

Jason walks around mall with piss feet.

Jason accepts himself as a trollee for life.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Jason, that's...hilarious to me. I just feel bad that it's at the cost of you having pee on your foot, lool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXCzwpeBJGs&feature=related

this video sums up the weekend pretty well. well, at least til Craig left LOL.
Yeah, it really does, rofl. Speaking of hidden gems, I miss my cherry apple. :(

*EDIT*

Yup, I definitely can't make it down on the 3rd. I looked at the calendar and it's Brain's sister's wedding reception that weekend....

Jayford

Smash Lord
Jason needs new clothes for school.

Eric and Jason go to mall.

Eric and Jason walk around for .002 seconds.

Jason has to pee. (of course)

Jason does a 180 to the restroom.

Jason chooses urinal close to stall.

Jason starts pissing.

Random kid runs into restroom panting.

Random kid chooses stall next to Jason.

Jason decided to wear sandals today.

Random kid decided to miss the toilet.

Piss splashes on floor.

Piss is now on Jason's feet.

Jason walks around mall with piss feet.

Jason accepts himself as a trollee for life.
I guess you could say... that kid is a real wiz kid.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Me: Pick Cherry Apple fox
*ten seconds go by*
Matt: WTF IS CHERRY APPLE
LOOL

Well, I'm familiar with cherries and apples so at first I was like, "dude, man, I got this." But then it occurred to me that I didn't know what the F you were even talking about.

I guess you could say... that kid is a real wiz kid.
Clever girl.

Also, apparently Sunday's wedding reception is in Indianapolis, so I may still be able to work something out that weekend. The rest of my family is going, so my dad already said that he could just swing by and pick me up for it and drop me off later that night. The deciding factor is going to be everyone's availability on Friday and Monday. Since this will be the last week before bowling starts, I'll prolly be able to come in Thursday night or early Friday, and stay till Monday. But I need to know if that would be good for people. I know school hasn't even started yet, so you guys are no doubt unsure of your workload and which classes are going to be total ****s, but I still would need to know who's free during those days. Otherwise, with Sunday shot, the only free days would be Friday night and Saturday, and with most of Saturday being wasted with the SSBO, I won't want to come down since there won't be much time to chill.

Yes, this was long-winded. But basically, just let me know everyone's availability for Friday and Monday so I know what to do!

Phew, ok, I'm done.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
OMGGG, ok, for starters, I told Anthony this last week, but apparently there were a few cop cars in town searching for this black guy because one of the customers told me that they pulled over to her by the sidewalk, gave the description and asked if she had seen him.

So anyway, like an hour ago this black guy comes waltzin' in and I'm thinking, "what do YOU want?" and says that his car broke down across the street and was hoping we could jump it for him. He said that he wanted us to hurry because he was late for a court hearing (I figured he was accused of ****** some innocent little 15 year old white girl >_>). I was just like, "omg, this is so typical; you can't write this stuff."

There are like 9 black people in the city of Valpo, and I'm nearly convinced that they are all criminals, rofl.

Moral of the story: u jason

Top Bottom