• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
My computer really needs to stop breaking.
And DHL needs to ship faster so that it won't matter that this computer doesn't work.

... Never decide to build a new computer before you have all the pieces. XD

Mr H

Smash Ace
im not going to be able to come till saturday night
so i think il just save ma gas moneyzzz for next time

goosefactor

Smash Lord
im not going to be able to come till saturday night
so i think il just save ma gas moneyzzz for next time
OMGGGG

How many people are gonna be coming to this?
Hopefully Ball State will be able to bump it up to normal attendance (12 ish). But if you're still in NJ and are gonna make the drive over here, pick up Kso and that crazy black guy who thinks he's the shiz at pokemonzzz.

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
LOL nah im not going i was just wondering i thought this tourny was gonna be stacked i woulda talked to a lot of tri-state to come down to this if it was big

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Who wants to team...

with my Bowser?!

"!"
No thanks! I will be teaming up with my bed, and possible just show up for the usual after smash dinner on Saturday.

It sucks though. I was going to be in the tournament for a change, but having to work till 4 or 6am (yes, 6AM) Saturday morning isn't going to allow me to be there on time for the tournament. Anyway, tacos rule.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
i have to work at around 4... so, how long do you guys think doubles will take?
If we're true to form, it'll be like 5-ish.
Of course, that's only if you make it into finals.
And there's always plenty of friendlies to be had before then!

Brett and I are takin' this tournament with our -awesome- teamwork skills,
And -incredible- ability to play this game consistently.
Hell, we hardly -ever- forget what game we're playing anymore!

UPDATE!
So ... yeah ... my phone basically just exploded.
I'm not sure how reliable texting me is going to be in the near future. O_o

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Hell, we hardly -ever- forget what game we're playing anymore!
blazblue?

Is that game fun?

I swear I need figure out this time management stuff. I need more time for fun, but all I do is eat, sleep, work, do hw and sometimes check facebook/smashboards. how do you guys do college (and 13 hours of work a week) and still have time for fun? Did I mention I'm still not having enough time for the studying I need to do? I'm getting B's on tests I would get A's on with just one more hour to study, and I'm pretty sure I failed a com114 presentation... (my delivery sucked) :/ Real life advice please: critique my life.

_kSo_

Smash Master
LOL nah im not going i was just wondering i thought this tourny was gonna be stacked i woulda talked to a lot of tri-state to come down to this if it was big
awww nando we woulda teamed double falcon and it would have been the sickest thing since SS/darkrain :(

haha, well maybe not quite as good, but still boss as hell ^_^

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
I swear I need figure out this time management stuff. I need more time for fun, but all I do is eat, sleep, work, do hw and sometimes check facebook/smashboards. how do you guys do college (and 13 hours of work a week) and still have time for fun? Did I mention I'm still not having enough time for the studying I need to do? I'm getting B's on tests I would get A's on with just one more hour to study, and I'm pretty sure I failed a com114 presentation... (my delivery sucked) :/ Real life advice please: critique my life.
1. What's your course-load like? I took 18-20 hours of engineering my first year (without a job), and basically had enough free time to go out to eat once a week if I was lucky. Now, I'm a lazy junior and taking 12 hours of classes. Probably have slightly too much free time on my hands, but hey ... beats the alternative.

2. COM114 is graded (or at least was when I took it) on improvement. Flub up your first presentation? Hey! You'll get graded a little easier on the next one. It's a bit of a fluff class, and most of the later presentations are actually fun if you force yourself to be overly cheerful about them (especially the group one).

blazblue?

Is that game fun?
Also, yes.
The **** extra characters are $8 a pop right now though. XD
Sorry Jay, I'm not buying the squirrel just yet,

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
blazblue?

Is that game fun?

I wouldn't worry about the comm 114 presentation too much. Unless your teacher is a **** with a power trip, they are never graded hard.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
i got an exam and the latest ill be there is til 420 id be down to smash a bit. jay and i are winning teams spoiler alert

kirkq

Smash Ace
Real life advice please: critique my life.
Hours per week: 168

You might sleep: 63 (That's erring on the side of Kirkq sleep.)
You are working: 13
You probably spend in the dining courts: 10
You probably spend in class: 20
You spend moving between these places: 10

52 hours remaining. You probably only need maybe 20 of those to devote to classwork. You can spend 14 on smash. You still have 18 left. Basically just stop wasting time. If you're spending more than 20 hours on homework and still not giving a satisfactory COM114 presentation, this is probably a problem of accomplishing your homework effectively.

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
blazblue?

Is that game fun?

just do this to any authority figure

http://www.toplessrobot.com/DBZVegeta Finger_ad.jpg

and you'll find yourself with a **** load of time

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I wouldn't worry about the comm 114 presentation too much. Unless your teacher is a **** with a power trip, they are never graded hard.
He said he rarely gives above Ds for the first presentation. It's an honors only class.
Basically just stop wasting time. If you're spending more than 20 hours on homework and still not giving a satisfactory COM114 presentation, this is probably a problem of accomplishing your homework effectively.
You raise a good point... I just have to sit down and decide what is important and what isn't. And then act on it.

Gauthic Von B Schönen

Smash Journeyman
Free from now till 7, then 9 till whenever for Smash today. Giev call for game.

Also, gonna emphasize what Kirk said. I am taking grad level math courses and still not topping 20 hours on HW a week. Discounting Honors Abstract Algebra of course, but that's because he assigns stuff ever day like a crazy person.

voorhese

Smash Master
lol... we went to pizza hut and i accidentally ordered a little england pizza... they didnt know wtf i was talking about

BunBun

Smash Master
Hours per week: 168

You might sleep: 63 (That's erring on the side of Kirkq sleep.)
You are working: 13
You probably spend in the dining courts: 10
You probably spend in class: 20
You spend moving between these places: 10

52 hours remaining. You probably only need maybe 20 of those to devote to classwork. You can spend 14 on smash. You still have 18 left. Basically just stop wasting time. If you're spending more than 20 hours on homework and still not giving a satisfactory COM114 presentation, this is probably a problem of accomplishing your homework effectively.
Lmao you get 9 hours a night? *******, I get 5 on a good day, or 12 on a weekend day.

On the upside, I'm on a new supplement that's supposed to help me fall asleep =D

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
lol... we went to pizza hut and i accidentally ordered a little england pizza... they didnt know wtf i was talking about
LOL! Voorheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese :laugh:

edit/ Any smash tonight? If so, then I'll put a big dent in my hw right now so I can head out. I'll try to finish a lot of the homework regardless, but smash will motivate me more. xD

'Fro

Smash Lord
Toobz88johningonfobzeatingcobsonhobz. I am doing a dumb, arbitrary HTML page for a team project that is pissing me off with its stupidly put list of requirements. I would have had people come over for Smash already if that weren't the case.

japn

Smash Cadet
well guys i think i might actually go to this. and im pretty practiced up. The Voorhese has been breaking me down alot so watch out! ;)

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, I just wanna let you know that I left my phone at home yesterday (but don't worry, I remembered the charger :p), so if you called/texted me yesterday then don't be upset--I didn't ignore ya.

Jason, are you going to be free later tonight?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Hey everyone, I just wanna let you know that I left my phone at home yesterday (but don't worry, I remembered the charger :p), so if you called/texted me yesterday then don't be upset--I didn't ignore ya.

And here I thought our friendship was over.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord

Lil'_England said:
Possibly. Ill text you and let you know.
I laft.

Also I'll be back tomorrow and I can probably hang out for a few hours. Hit me up!

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
SSBO XLVI Results

Unfortunately, doubles was not played due to a lack of entrants.

Singles Results (11 players)
1: Brainfactor (Goosefactor) ($40.00)
2: LuBu (Jayford) ($10.00)
3: iamthemicrowave ($5.00)

4: DeeZ NutZ
5: Caw! Caw! Caw! (Bees)
5: 'Fro (by forfeit)
7: Midwest Border Patrol
7: CNN
9: Rintintin
9: Faithkeeper
11: zephyrmace

While attendance was somewhat underwhelming this time around, we can all look forward to our next tournament, SSBO XLVII, is scheduled for October 9, the Saturday of October Break. I hope to see all of you there. Until then, practice up!

voorhese

Smash Master
just my luck, i get injured in the game today...and it wasnt like a normal football injury...it was my fumb

looks like its brawl with my hand/face for awhile >_< jk, but seriously my thumb gets hurt so much when i do things other than smash its not even funny

_kSo_

Smash Master
just my luck, i get injured in the game today...and it wasnt like a normal football injury...it was my fumb

looks like its brawl with my hand/face for awhile >_< jk, but seriously my thumb gets hurt so much when i do things other than smash its not even funny
this is
god
's way of telling you to slow the fuck down, stop pressing so many damn buttons, and work on your mental game.

you fucking voorhese
;)

Top Bottom