• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
lets smash today someone, i dont have gas in my car so ill be walking where ever which means im not going to lafayette or johnacello
What if I came to you? I was going to hang out with a friend today, but I'm pretty sure he's going to john out.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Anyway, I never took high school physics, but I find it interesting. I'm majoring in behavioral neuroscience, so I don't exactly need it, but I like to learn about interesting things. I've done a little independent study, but I'm not sure whether to take a few classes on physics, because I need a 3.0 to keep my scholarship and want to graduate with a 3.8/4.0 to get into a good grad school. Anybody have any suggestions, I would assume there's a good deal of college students here, so if you have advice, please speak up. Thanks.
I really only had to take one physics class for my major; it was PHYS 220, Introduction to General Physics or General Physics or something like that. It was somewhat annoying since my professor was kind of eh, although the lab component was pretty easy (but it was annoying in its own right, of course). The class emphasized application of the concepts to numerical problems, so if you just did a bunch of practice problems (provided online, in the book, and in previous exams), getting an A was very much within reach. I would suggest that class for a good balance between learning something new and being able to get a reasonably good grade without having to delve into the more time-consuming and difficult engineering-centered physics classes.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Alan's dream is amazing. You guys should make my power ranking characters Goomba and Link lmao.

Fro: I'll have to try that. I've just been learning the basics of the game and have gotten a bit better : D. Also watch the Justin Wong vs. Lamerboi set from the Socal Regional Qualifier tournament. It's amazing.

Also, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is probably the best game I have every played in my life. Everyone needs to buy it.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I really only had to take one physics class for my major; it was PHYS 220, Introduction to General Physics or General Physics or something like that. It was somewhat annoying since my professor was kind of eh, although the lab component was pretty easy (but it was annoying in its own right, of course). The class emphasized application of the concepts to numerical problems, so if you just did a bunch of practice problems (provided online, in the book, and in previous exams), getting an A was very much within reach. I would suggest that class for a good balance between learning something new and being able to get a reasonably good grade without having to delve into the more time-consuming and difficult engineering-centered physics classes.
Thanks.

oh and george, I can't come, just letting you know.

Someone should AR hack melee to get one of the goobas from the "adventure" mode. Be sure to give it a broken train attack. Is it possible to edit the attacks themselves? Make gannons soul train look like a train but make it faster, with little lag. It'd be good.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Aight, listen up *****es. Anthony and I are coming down Thursday around 9:30ish Lafayette time. Crrg, Pants, you guys better get your prepubescent ***es down here ASAP.

Also, Crrg, Anthony and I are going to make a list of all the boring-*** white dishes we expect to see at your party blowout. Don't disappoint us, lol.

Also, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is probably the best game I have every played in my life. Everyone needs to buy it.
I know, right, Jay!? I have 52 whopping stars already. But man, I constantly have to feed those greedy little lumas all of my star bits! :mad:

'Fro

Smash Lord
If Fro was in the matchup thread right now, he'd be so mad.

It's just n!ggas saying "Samus is SO bad and should be low tier. HugS just be good".

And it's so true too. **** Samus.
Been there, seen that.

Honestly, the thing is people expect Samus to have 70-30 match-ups all the way across the low to bottom tiers, just because she's currently top of mid. Let me say that again, SHE IS TOP OF MID TIER. Top of mid does not imply dominance over the low tier. Samus does suck, but only because the top and high tier are so much better by comparison. Yeah, she's not that much better than the characters below her, but whatever. Arguments for some of the other characters have honestly been pretty weak. There isn't a strength the other characters below her have that matters enough to warrant dropping her.

BunBun

Smash Master
Kirby vs Samus is honestly only like 60-40 Samus, to maybe around 65-35. Lol

EDIT: Pichu vs Samus, however, is 100-0 Samus. It's worse than Sheik.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Hugo thinks that matchup is even.
In my opinion
it is Falcon : Samus = 6 : 4

Kirby vs Samus is honestly only like 60-40 Samus, to maybe around 65-35. Lol

EDIT: Pichu vs Samus, however, is 100-0 Samus. It's worse than Sheik.
hmm...
i can see how you came up with that,
but i'd say 7:3 rather than 6:4, if I must make a matchup ratio.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
S3BO II Venue: Skylar's Apartment

Alright, good sirs, we have confirmed the venue for the upcoming S3BO II; it will be held at noon at Skylar's apartment at the following address:

S3BO II Venue:
Skylar's (Rintin-tin's) Apartment
515 N. Grant Street, Apartment 7
West Lafayette, IN 47906

For those who need additional guidance, Skylar has added that his place is "two buildings north of the Northwestern parking garage." I hope to see everyone at this thing for another quality S3BO and the requisite pre- and post-tourney shenanigans.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Wait, I just don't get it. When is the tourney? Where is it at? So is it still going to be in Tarkington? Why are some of the words in red? What does that mean? This post is ambiguous (oops, I don't use words like that), and not specific enough for me. Help me out here guys.

-Voorheese on Goose's account

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to college in the fall. yay. Anyway, I never took high school physics, but I find it interesting. I'm majoring in behavioral neuroscience, so I don't exactly need it, but I like to learn about interesting things. I've done a little independent study, but I'm not sure whether to take a few classes on physics, because I need a 3.0 to keep my scholarship and want to graduate with a 3.8/4.0 to get into a good grad school. Anybody have any suggestions, I would assume there's a good deal of college students here, so if you have advice, please speak up. Thanks.
fizix iz eezie. just take it.

In all seriousness, from your post, you seem to be highly motivated, and from my experience that matters more than pretty much anything else when it comes to doing well in a class. So, I'd say if it's interesting to you, go for it.

Also, if you didn't know, I happen to be a TA for the first level engineering physics class at purdue. So if you ever need any help with anything like that, I'm pretty good. Just ask Kirk.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'm about to leave for my flight to Orlando. I'm staying with Hungrybawks for 7 days. Who's jealous?

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I'm up for teams if the entry fee is only $1 or $2/person. If it's 5 I might john out because I'm buying some software and a midi piano keyboard in the next 2 weeks, that'll set met back a couple hundred dollars... there goes my grad money.

I'm really undecided about it. But I'll enter singles either way.

Jay, does M2 have any... like, real approaches?

Thanks for your comment dex, I'll keep that in mind for sure.

Also, anyone know how to set the equalizer for your computer? I want more bass. My dad basically gave me a set of BOSE speakers, and I want to crank that up.

Mr H

Smash Ace
Also, anyone know how to set the equalizer for your computer? I want more bass. My dad basically gave me a set of BOSE speakers, and I want to crank that up.
programs like itunes and windows media player have equalizers in them. if u need it for anything outside thos programs then i think you can download a equalizer somewhere on the web. just google it @.@

also STALE MOVES FTW!!!

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Wait, I just don't get it. When is the tourney? Where is it at? So is it still going to be in Tarkington? Why are some of the words in red? What does that mean? This post is ambiguous (oops, I don't use words like that), and not specific enough for me. Help me out here guys.

Must be nice to actually post a full paragraph without so many " ,'s." This is the best punctuation I've seen in awhile. Is the Voorheese trying to grow up, or is he just learning how to hack into other people's accounts?

get hyped, team stale moves is taking first and second
Hugo's washing machine is more like it.

I'm about to leave for my flight to Orlando. I'm staying with Hungrybawks for 7 days. Who's jealous?
I'm sorry, I hope your flight get's canceled with all of the weather going on. Also, find another **** thread to post on. This one isn't good enough for you.

BunBun

Smash Master
I'm up for teams if the entry fee is only $1 or $2/person. If it's 5 I might john out because I'm buying some software and a midi piano keyboard in the next 2 weeks, that'll set met back a couple hundred dollars... there goes my grad money.

I'm really undecided about it. But I'll enter singles either way.

Jay, does M2 have any... like, real approaches?

Thanks for your comment dex, I'll keep that in mind for sure.

M2 approach: WD Downtilt > Grab

Equalizer - what kind of sound card do you have?

voorhese

Smash Master

"anything is allowed in marth dittos except for fox dittos" - goose....

nuff said, and i can spell my tag

voorhese

Smash Master
OMG, WTF, Voorheese. I don't even know what this means let alone when I supposedly said it.

Also, you better be there this weekend, or else.
you said it on facebook, not quite sure what u meant, but i said it on here after u said it (dont worry i gave u credit)

and im hoping to come out this weekend

Top Bottom