• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Lol, I just remembered that I have a pool here at my place as well, though I can only invite like 2-3 people. Stupid as hell if you ask me.

And what BunBun said, best/worst mousepad ever. If you want a picture, I will text it to ya.

voorhese

Smash Master
just got home from SAT, and mom has **** to do at 5 and is not sure she has time to take me, when she gets home (6-7) she may be able to, or tomorrow

anyone up for smash at either of those times?

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
ggs all, that was good fun.

All this talk of rpgs got me looking for my brother's copy of paper mario, I've never played it. I couldn't find it. If I have to dish out $15 for an rpg, should it be paper mario or a used DS game? If DS which one?

But yes, I've got to figure out how to get stuff going with falcon better, once combos start up I do decent, but all too often I get overwhelmed before I can start anything up. Imma work on my fox to help with the chars that can harass falcon effectively with their projectiles.

Gauthic Von B Schönen

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! How are things down indianananaia? Things are great here in Norcal. Just got back from an MBAA/GGAC ranbat. Lost GG, won MBAA!

WOO.

Everything's great down here. Evo looks like a real possibility too.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
great tourny everyone

thanks skyler for hostin and congrats on beating my marth with ur ganon keep at him.

craig it was good teamin we did some silly stale combos, im beating ur peach next time *spoiler alert*

george - we powered up alot today it was silly

to all the johners good showing
more to come but probably not, u know i like u

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I'm not quite confirmed for APEX, but I'm close. I have already registered and requested work off.
I may john out though because one of the main reasons I was going was to meet a really good friend of mine that I met online, and it turns out that this person will be unable to get to NJ.
So basically the main reason I was going johned out so I may john out too, I need more time to think about it
who all is gunna be in the car with you DJ, as of now?

_kSo_

Smash Master
I'm not quite confirmed for APEX, but I'm close. I have already registered and requested work off.
I may john out though because one of the main reasons I was going was to meet a really good friend of mine that I met online, and it turns out that this person will be unable to get to NJ.
So basically the main reason I was going johned out so I may john out too, I need more time to think about it
who all is gunna be in the car with you DJ, as of now?
I'M IN NJ YOU FOOL

there no more johns ^_^

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
NJ is too far for a scrub like me. It happens.

Also, thanks to all who recommended games via text. I ended up picking ukp FF tactics and V. They both seem fun although maybe tactic moreso. The tactics setup is pretty goofy though. I was a little worried about how much I'd like it in that snowball fight.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
**** Alan. how can you even miss such a huge nearby tournament loll
I'll go to APEX if we visit Alan. otherwise I'm gunna pass this opportunity in favor of $

BunBun

Smash Master
NJ is too far for a scrub like me. It happens.

Also, thanks to all who recommended games via text. I ended up picking ukp FF tactics and V. They both seem fun although maybe tactic moreso. The tactics setup is pretty goofy though. I was a little worried about how much I'd like it in that snowball fight.
Tactics Advance, I take it?

Ritz is surprisingly broken midgame.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Tactics Advance, I take it?

Ritz is surprisingly broken midgame.
yes, advanced
Is that that girl with the red hair at the beginning? I don't remember names well. I've done like 6 missions. Is there a limit to how many people you can accept to your clan? I rejected some dude because I really don't need two archers, and felt bad for making him cry.

What's midgame? 50 missions? I'm liking tactics better than FFV, but I've played that more as well. I can't figure out what to do in 5, just turned into warriors of light or whatever (didn't the same thing happen in 1?) and now I'm just riding the open seas with no direction. :/

EDIT: If there's a tourney the 19th, I can't go. It turns out my grandfather isn't doing well, I'm going to visit him that weekend. If you are up for that kind of thing, prayers would be appreciated. His name is Larry. Thanks.

BunBun

Smash Master
Yeah, Ritz is the girl with the 'pink' hair.
Dude, Imma find my old FFTA game and start playing it again. I played that thing way too much.

Next time I come up, we can fight =P

*oh yeah, Air Render is one of the most useful moves early on for Marche. Learn it and Backdraft ASAP =P

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Yeah, Ritz is the girl with the 'pink' hair.
Dude, Imma find my old FFTA game and start playing it again. I played that thing way too much.

Next time I come up, we can fight =P

*oh yeah, Air Render is one of the most useful moves early on for Marche. Learn it and Backdraft ASAP =P
I'll get rolled, I don't have a clue what I'm doing. Maybe if there's time for a second playthrough. idk when you plan to come up next, we'll see. But I don't mind getting rolled, I'm rather used to it from smash. :D

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
I found this gem from some brawl kid on this mlg crap at the top of the page

" In melee, Fox may have been top tier, but he does have bad match-ups, the worst being Donkey Kong, which is 70-30 in DK's favour."

_kSo_

Smash Master
I found this gem from some brawl kid on this mlg crap at the top of the page

" In melee, Fox may have been top tier, but he does have bad match-ups, the worst being Donkey Kong, which is 70-30 in DK's favour."
hahahaha i was in class when I read this and I had to struggle to not laugh out loud unless I wanted the entire room to know that I'm a lunatic

is this kid serious lolll everyone knows fox's only bad matchup is captain falcon

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
@Lance why did you john out this weekend?? If you are not working Tuesday you should hit up the vro zone with me DJ and FRO.
If you can get to Purdue by one tomorrow you could go with us. Anthony should be there too. We are probably staying the night and coming back Wednesday morning.

@Alan lol, captain falcon ***** fox. duh.

unofficial results

1. me + fro
2. craig + dj
3. matt + josh
4. korey + skylar

1. goose
2. fro
3. me
4. brain
5. dj
5. not sure

ggs to all, especially to matt and fro!! We all had some very close sets, and I got alot out of them. Fro, I think I am finally learning the samus matchup, at least a little bit.

Good to see the rest of you guys.

Skylar, thanks for hosting!! I vote your crib as best S3BO venue ever!!

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
@Lance why did you john out this weekend?? If you are not working Tuesday you should hit up the vro zone with me DJ and FRO.
If you can get to Purdue by one tomorrow you could go with us. Anthony should be there too

@Alan lol, captain falcon ***** fox. duh.

unofficial results

1. me + fro
2. craig + dj
3. matt + josh
4. korey + skylar

1. goose
2. fro
3. me
4. brain
5. dj
5. not sure

ggs to all, especially to matt and fro!! We all had some very close sets, and I got alot out of them. Fro, I think I am finally learning the samus matchup, at least a little bit.

Good to see the rest of you guys.

Skylar, thanks for hosting!! I vote your crib as best S3BO venue ever!!
I had to help my dad move.

Top Bottom