• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
SSBL 3: Lance Gets Glasses had a low turnout but we had a guest appearance from the one and only Freddy Krugaar Numbers and not only that but he won the tournament. He beat Jason's falco 1st round of bracket and my falco 2nd round of bracket.

Results:
1. freddy_krugaar329 (Falcon)
2. Lanceinthepants (Falco)
3. Little England (Falco)
3. Zephyrmace (Marth)

Edit: @Deku: ****

Tomacawk

Smash Master
WHAT
Who the **** is freddy krugaar and did he seriously win??
not sure if I'm being trolled...
Cklit? Are you behind this?

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
quakelive.com. Really awesome design(friend system actually works, unlike steam for when i played cs back in the day), free, and you can run it in a browser ON LINUX! best linux gaming ive found so far yeahyuhz. I was playing it in the linux labs in lawson earlier today.
Double post because I forgot to edit and don't want to now.

I'm joining up as faithkeeper. I'll see how console>PC fps transition works.

voorhese

Smash Master
essentially they add autoaim to make up for the fact that its harder to control a cursor with a stick than a mouse. other than that not to different.

sorry i couldnt make it, and im rootin for you freddy <3

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
lolwut?
You know Q3 has been on PC for like...12 years, right?
yeah. I meant we'll see how my console fps skillset transfers over to pc gaming. It hasn't put me with people "my own level" yet, but so far I do pretty badly at CA and do pretty alright at FFA. I don't go positive consistantly yet, but I get top 5/12 more often than not. I led a round for the first 15 kills or so, then I had trouble with weapons. My biggest complaiint with that game is the starting guns seem(are?) almost completely worthless. And until get something better I am almost sure to lose any gunfight.

BunBun

Smash Master
Depends on the map, honestly. It's easy to keep it aimed at them on maps like q3dm17 when there are long times they will be traveling in a straight line.
At mid range the Machine Gun has advantage over the shotgun, rocket launcher and gauntlet, as long as you're careful with your movement and play keep away against shotgun.
Short range you get wrecked by everything except lightning gun
Long range you get wrecked by everything except rockets and lightning.

Bottom line, though, is that you'll want to pick up something ASAP anyway.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
So i got really bored and looked up different anagrams for different people's names:

Lance Von Ah -> Nacho Navel
Jason Eaglin -> Anal Nose Jig
Matt Redmond -> Matt Nerd Mod (sorry matt yours were pretty boring :( )
Anthony Anastasia -> Ayahs Satan Nation (yours also took like 3 hours to load :p)
Corey Guilford -> Iced Flour Orgy
George Beuhler -> Beer Gurgle Hoe
Alan Zhang -> No anagrams found. (uh you broke the site :p)
Carl Pinard -> Crap Lard In
Jay Hartford -> Hard Fart Joy

Edit: The website I used http://wordsmith.org/anagram/index.html

voorhese

Smash Master
the voorhese = the overshoe, and three hooves

my name name had like dumb ones with sally and stuff...not really funny, looked like actual names lol

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I had a lot of fun this weekend, guys. I'm glad I decided to come down.

Lance, Ganon's Castle might have gotten the best of us this weekend (along with the tricky save state business :p), but he hasn't seen the last of us.

It was nice finally getting to play you, Krugaar. You're broken as all ****. I still can't believe your camply Link knocked me into loser's, but I guess I simply underestimated you :/ I think I can speak for everyone when I say that in the interest of saving time, the TO's should just bump you above me and Jason on the PR's. Personally, I think you can give Anthony a run for his money too, so you should challenge him next time. Even though I'm totally out of your league, we should team sometime, k?

Also, those anagram names are hilarious. I typed Goosefactor in, and knowing my strong distaste for my own type of food, I found the anagram, "Taco Forgoes", to be quite befitting, heh.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
SSBO LV Results

Project M Singles Results (5 entrants)
1: Little England ($4.00)
2: dekuschrub ($1.00)

3: Lanceinthepants
4: DeeZNutZ
5: Jayford

Melee Singles Results (7 entrants)
1: freddy_krugaar329 ($25.00)
2: Goosefactor ($10.00)

3: Little England
4: Lanceinthepants
5: DeeZNutZ
7: zephyrmace

While this tournament was a bit of a departure from the norm due to the overall low turn-out for teams, we were fortunate to meet up with freddy_krugaar329, clearly an up-and-coming talent in the Midwest. I was quite impressed with your play, dude; I and the rest of the crew look forward to the next tournament that you can attend. We also managed to get a few quality matches recorded thanks to Jayford, so we'll all be able to enjoy those as well. With that said, SSBO LVI will be held in our usual Tark TV Lounge venue on April 9. I hope to see all of you there.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Project M Singles Results (5 entrants)
1: Little England ($4.00)
2: dekuschrub ($1.00)

3: Lanceinthepants
4: DeeZNutZ

Melee Singles Results (7 entrants)
1: freddy_krugaar329 ($25.00)
2: Goosefactor ($10.00)

3: Little England
4: Lanceinthepants
5: DeeZNutZ
7: zephyrmace

While this tournament was a bit of a departure from the norm due to the overall low turn-out for teams, we were fortunate to meet up with freddy_krugaar329, clearly an up-and-coming talent in the Midwest. I was quite impressed with your play, dude; I and the rest of the crew look forward to the next tournament that you can attend. We also managed to get a few quality matches recorded thanks to Jayford, so we'll all be able to enjoy those as well. With that said, SSBO LVI will be held in our usual Tark TV Lounge venue on April 9. I hope to see all of you there.
Bad news the videos got corrupted =/. I'm really sorry everyone :(.

GGs everyone tho!

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
WF: Goose pooped on his Falcon game one, so he went Link. That ended 3-2 Krugaar with all the games really close.

GF Set 1: He went Falcon all games and Goose won 3-1

GF Set 2: He went all Link and won 3-1

goosefactor

Smash Lord
loooooooooooooooooooooooooool u matt
Yeah, I kinda got fobbed on by his Link. I just wasn't really used to his campy style. I thought my MU experience with Adam and Jay's Link would've been enough, but in retrospect, nothing could've prepared me for this. To be honest, I was happy just to keep them as close as they were. I was simply outmatched. I had no choice but to capitulate to the better man. No johns.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
deku != krugaar lolz. Alex left early because he had other work to do, so he was not here for singles. I actually feel pretty bad that he had to leave so early, as a $1 Project M tournament was probably not worth the trip out here. :(

Dart!

Smash Master
deku != krugaar lolz. Alex left early because he had other work to do, so he was not here for singles. I actually feel pretty bad that he had to leave so early, as a $1 Project M tournament was probably not worth the trip out here. :(
i don't fall for trolling attempts that easily.
make him go to the next one :p

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yeah I actually had to leave

I'm sad I missed singles, but I still had fun :). Next time i'll make sure to stay and poop all over you guys LOL

it was good I left though... I'm still not caught up :(:(

PS SONIC IS GHEY

who the hell is krugaar?

Jayford

Smash Lord
I really hate to do this, but it looks like I'm gonna have to john out of SG =/. I just found out I have a huge exam on Tuesday and then I have to start my semester programming project which is just going to take 6 hours to build the robot we are programming. Then my parents just called me and said they are coming down on Sunday to visit. So I don't think I should go so I have enough time to get everything done =/

EDIT: Small chance I could go. It's not looking likely. I am just trying to give you guys fair warning.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
ull get krugaar next time.
Here's hopin', but I won't be holding my breath. I just don't think I have it in me to best this nightmare invading beast. :urg:

Speaking of which, where is Krugaar these days? He just pops in, steals our money, and then leaves--never to be heard from again. No shoutouts or anything. That's sooo un-PC.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Jay! All the videos from your ustream account aren't there anymore. :( I wanted to study up on my badness and take it out. >_<

edit/ Also watch this. OMFG! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub59YYdnHAU
I just checked and I guess Justin.TV deletes old streams after a while >.<.

Also, that Viper!!!! I watched that match like 20 times lol.

Goose: We're building a robot dinosaur and it's gonna walk around and roar and stuff. It's gonna be so bad ***!!!

Top Bottom