• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I'll be the first to say that mirror matches are boring, but this ZvZ match is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vw9Xl8WbXM

It starts at 7:20. If I were more technologically inclined I would've had the counter set at that specific time in the link, but alas....

Did I seriously just double post? OMG I feel like a huge Voorheese right now.

deeznotz

Smash Cadet
Something Id like to point out in terms of making members of our crew better. Turns out when traveling to tournys that are out of state its cheaper to go in car pools. Its also lame as **** when members of your crew are asking for like 2 weeks if anyone wants to go to smashing grounds and just gets ignored or ask if people wanna hang and or smash be ignored only to find out the people you asked were smashing anyways really beneficial to people who may really wanna get better at this game but what ever

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
DJ read your PMs

Anyway, this week is going to be pretty relaxed for me, so if anyone wants to smash during the week just text me and we can play.

Also, Matt it seems Anthony can't come to this next SSBO (April 9), but I still hope you come down. I will have my copy of Summoner waiting :p (you might need to bring a PS2 since I don't have one)

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Oh man! I'm gettin' so hot and heavy with all the epic games that are soon to be played!

Lance is playing FF 6.

Anthony has FF 6, 7, and 10 queued up.

Jason will be tackling Super Metroid.

Josh is currently experiencing the wonders of Zelda: Link to the Past

and my bro is playing Castlevania: SotN (ironically, HE is the one who introduced me to the game in the first place all those years ago, but he's too much of a hoob to even remember it >_>)

I'm so proud of you guys!

kirkq

Smash Ace
Does anyone have a half decent controller they'd care to sell me at the tourney this weekend? All of mine are dead or suck really badly.

Also I'd like to get my tv back this weekend if possible. I messaged George assuming he has it, but if someone else has it by now let me know.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
hey bun^2
I had a dream last night that I made a joke that TOs suck and you took it personally and got pissed and teleported away from me in this building that was like, a square without a center, three identical levels. There was railing around the perimeter so that people couldn't fall and get hurt (I think it was a library). Anyways, you teleported to the third level. I can teleport too but only to where I can see so I can teleport down rooms and across rooms but not up because I can't see above the railing/floor so I kept taking the elevator/porting trying to get to you and apologize but because you're a TO you can teleport anywhere you choose and I never caught up
then I woke up lol

Matt's dreams are better imo

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Oh man, we need to call this SSBO LVI: Qoobs Edition.

Also, Kirk, we are playing Settlers and Dominion this weekend. I can't get these guys to play epic boardgames for the life of me unless there are ones called Melee or MvC3, so I'll leave it to you to find the peeps. :p

Oh ****, I just realized I'm gonna have to become reacquainted with the list of janky counterpick stages for this now. :mad:

*EDIT*

Haha, well, it didn't start off too shabby what with getting teleported away from Bunbun and all, heh.

voorhese

Smash Master
omg if qoobs is going and has no good controller i need to attend this, so i can change my signature... i thought i would never get the opportunity cuz hes a huge fobs and goes to tourneys about as much as i do. We have no car anymore, so coming will be tricky.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
oooOOOOooo shiiiinyyy :starman:

edit/ btw, the weekend before last (when Matt was here) I left my headphones in either Adam's new place or at Fro's dorm. I don't remember staying anywhere else that weekend, so I'm pretty sure they are in one of those two places. They're some big *** Hugo Boss headphones. lol so ya

'Fro

Smash Lord
Does anyone have a half decent controller they'd care to sell me at the tourney this weekend? All of mine are dead or suck really badly.

Also I'd like to get my tv back this weekend if possible. I messaged George assuming he has it, but if someone else has it by now let me know.
I have your TV, Kirk. I can assume to be hosting Smash/other games at some point this weekend, so you should be able to get it. I also have one of Skylar's controllers here, as well as a nameless silver one. Both randomly ended up here, so you could give them a whirl.

Lance, if you need a functional PS2, I could lend you mine, since it's not seeing any use right now.

Speaking of that hosting thing, people should let me know what's happening Friday night. I should be able to host from about 9:00 pm onwards.

voorhese

Smash Master
i think that Ball state is coming, and ill prolly want to come, if i can come down friday night again can someone house me, and goose if i can come will you still team with me?

goosefactor

Smash Lord
and goose if i can come will you still team with me?
*sigh* I GUESS so >__>. I might as well just kiss two of my stocks goodbye right now (I know, I know, you have every right to steal my stocks since yours are more valuable than mine).

In the end, I know it won't even matter because there's like a 7% chance that you're even coming down.

voorhese

Smash Master
lol <3, i think ill be able to make it, worste case scenario, i do that 100MM win, then pay someone like 20$ for gas, instead of carpooling.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
I have your headphones, Jason.
Can I get a head count on those that will be playing MK9? I'm getting too hyped up again for this game.

voorhese

Smash Master
who has my calculator/glasses?

i just figured based off these last couple pages, that the **** i lost is probly at one of your places, minus the shirt that deeznutz had b4 he got banned from the planet.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Anthony and I are planning on coming in Thursday evening/night.
Damn.....I have an exam Friday at the crack of dawn, and my Friday plays out such that I wouldn't be able to hang out until that hosting slot I opened, but I will be good for Friday and all of Saturday.

Also, I almost typed in Friday as Froday.

Also also, for people wanting to play the MK9 demo for a bit, I do have that.

EDIT: @ Adam: I have been spamming the hell out of Hard Corps: Uprising! That game is too good! Sayuri is the best, I believe.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
So I heard from many of my highly reliable sources that there have been a handful of audacious Long Islands and Car Bombs talking **** behind my back. I simply can't have any of that. I'm thinkin' I may have to teach them a lesson they won't soon forget.

Top Bottom