• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Thanks George, good stuff. I looked into trying to go to a few electronic shows, but they all seemed to require age 21, so I gave up.

And that's what it looks like AnDaLe. Killer avatar btw. Which charity are you donating to?
Lol thanks. Oh, it was towards a Collective Philanthropic Project which goes directly to the Blue Dragon Children's Foundation. It's for prevention of child trafficking; sadly i've been to the area where its happening and its sorta sad. I'm actually really glad I got in the money though =), i was pretty lucky on the bracket side of this, but playing for charity sorta pushed me to play harder instead of sandbagging like i usually do.

But then, it sorta pushed me too hard >.< I got my **** pushed in lol. I'm never gonna stress out over a video again xD. Not worth it.

voorhese

Smash Master
then how did he know killing himself would wake him up?

edit: well i guess they could call that "comon knowledge"

i guess that makes sense in that case, i dont remember saying the training was subconscious, but if it was then that would make sense i guess...

idk i just think, that because someone would have to know about how projections work to teach someones subconscious to protect them from extraction, they would also teach the person how to recognize the act themselves also.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Wow, good stuffs, Jay!

Why the f was it held during a school day though? rofl. Besides, Tuesday is supposed to be like the gayest, most uneventful day of the week.

'Fro

Smash Lord
I got 2nd at the Marvel tourney today. Huzzzah. I sent John to the losers in winners finals then he downloaded me / I missed some combos and beat me in grandfinals :(. I'm actually good at a game!!!!
At least you guys didn't let Will scrub it up to winning again. I would have been very disappointed.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Wow, good stuffs, Jay!

Why the f was it held during a school day though? rofl. Besides, Tuesday is supposed to be like the gayest, most uneventful day of the week.
loool thanks. It was the Purdue Fighting Game Club tourney which is why it was on a Tuesday lol.

At least you guys didn't let Will scrub it up to winning again. I would have been very disappointed.
lol I would have ****ed him up so hard. The Indy guys were there too :D. I only used Dark Phoenix like 2 times before grandfinals lmao. No one could get past my Sentinel and Storm =0. Then in winners finals John tried to time me out when I just had Phoenix and I was like **** that X-Factored and killed 2 team members with normal Phoenix lmao.

deeznotz

Smash Cadet
Hi im new to Purdue this semester. I use to play smash like two years ago, but haven't play in forever. I dont know anyone at Purdue so I was hoping to meet the community that post here

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Regarding This Weekend

Alright, so as it stands, Matt and I will not be able to make it this weekend. As well, I believe Andrew was no longer planning on heading down either. Due to what seems to be waning interest for this weekend's SSBO and my inability to attend, I will leave it up to you guys to decide what to do as far as the tournament goes. I believe Lance was advocating just having a mini-SSBO and rolling with the low attendance (which has happened before, obviously) as opposed to outright canceling the event. Either way, I would like the crew to post with their situations regarding this weekend so that those who are available and willing to play on Saturday may better organize themselves. I hope to see many of you over Spring Break as well, so let's start planning for next week in addition to this weekend.

'Fro

Smash Lord
loool thanks. It was the Purdue Fighting Game Club tourney which is why it was on a Tuesday lol.

lol I would have ****ed him up so hard. The Indy guys were there too :D. I only used Dark Phoenix like 2 times before grandfinals lmao. No one could get past my Sentinel and Storm =0. Then in winners finals John tried to time me out when I just had Phoenix and I was like **** that X-Factored and killed 2 team members with normal Phoenix lmao.
Did you at least win after that "lmao" 2-character kill? If he gets you to waste x-factor or even if only one character survives for the timeout, it's still a success...... Heck, he could do the 'Fro: Lose life lead to Jay missing combo, burning meter, to kill Jay with Shinkuu Hadouken. I am awesome(ly lucky).

Guy Incognito

Smash Rookie
I will also not be attending this week, since the money I would use to get there and back was "accidentally" spent on MtG cards. Some sort of Infect & Defile deck that's supposed to be decent out-of-the-box for playing.

Not that anyone cares too hard, but just sayin'.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Did you at least win after that "lmao" 2-character kill? If he gets you to waste x-factor or even if only one character survives for the timeout, it's still a success...... Heck, he could do the 'Fro: Lose life lead to Jay missing combo, burning meter, to kill Jay with Shinkuu Hadouken. I am awesome(ly lucky).
Yeah, I killed his last 2 characters with 2 seconds left lol.

BunBun

Smash Master
I will also not be attending this week, since the money I would use to get there and back was "accidentally" spent on MtG cards. Some sort of Infect & Defile deck that's supposed to be decent out-of-the-box for playing.

Not that anyone cares too hard, but just sayin'.
Infect is a garbage mechanic, IMO.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll be able to work some minor stuffs out as far as hanging out during your guys' Spring Break. Jay, what was the situation exactly at your place? I mean, I can have you guys come over to my place if there's going to be an issue, the only problem is that I will only be able to chill for a few hours, so that would be a pretty fobby trip for you guys. But it's whatever. It would be nice to know when it would be best for everyone, so that I can plan for it (I might be able to squeeze two days, I dunno).

Also, while on the topic, even though it's fairly early, do people know when they are planning on returning to Purdue from Spring Break? I'll have to work that Saturday (March 12 [I originally typed "Marth"{that **** game just won't leave me alone}]), but could perhaps come down that evening. Let me know if you're going to be in town at that time and would be up for stuff.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Deeznots, i'm not sure if you know this, but there's avatars you can put on your profile so everyone can see.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Who the crap does this? lol

u matt

knee (to knee [to knee {to knee}])
Rofl, well I wanted to come off as sounding smart and cool.....did it work? :sadeyes:

And LOOOL, I would have also accepted boots to boots to boots.

I main hot blue ness an peach
Oh man! Looks like there's a new sheriff in town! I also heard through the grapevine from your peeps in Yawtrick, Indiana that you have a sick Luigi (we call him Anthony in these parts) and a Drunken Yoshi that is off da chain!

Deeznots, i'm not sure if you know this, but there's avatars you can put on your profile so everyone can see.
Hahaha, yeah, listen to AnDaLe, Deeznots. The mods on this site are pretty carefree and lax about peoples' avatars. I heard that they actually have a soft spot for old fat ladies in the nude.

Top Bottom