• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

voorhese

Smash Master
ssbo lii final results:

singles:
1. Kels ($60.00) - good games
2. Dekuschrub ($30.00) - u r better than kels
3. Dart aka unstoppable umericuh ($10.00) - hard games
4. Goosefactor aka datt matt - u ***** me b4 tourney =/
5. Vro - didnt play
5. Rat - didnt play
7. Orly - lol teams where fun
7. Frivolous finland aka little england - climbers?
9. Mr. H - good **** rapin us in dubs
9. Lance in the pants - good games
9. Tomacawk - 1-1 son
9. Iamthemicrowave - good job beating us in dubs
13. Deez nutz - sorry the crew battle took up our chance to play
13. Tak - sorry i dont think i met you, entered as a different name?
13. Captain pr0n - fun games with dubs especially =)
13. Midwest border patrol - good **** in the crew battle, make sure u bring ur full crew next time.

Fro - fun hanging around with you, we didnt do much tho lol (mainly talk about how broken sims back roundhouse is)
jay - dont quit melee
ckit - love the laugh, and when i pull some crazy **** off, its always the "oh what the ****" etc that you say, that makes it all worth while >_<

dont be shy, if i missed you call me out, im an *******.
"for christ sakes close the god damn disc cover!"

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Singles:
1. Kels ($60.00)-I hate that you win everything always. I love that I beat your sheik (I think LOL). good games man, I can tell I'm making progress on you but I'm still far from being the best midwest fox :(
2. Dekuschrub ($30.00)-I can't remember how you said it, but you saying something like "ITS ONE-O KELLY, IM BEATING YOU" or whatever was HILARIOUS. I love your mannerisms. Top tier talking smashers=you tink and orly. I believe in you. You can beat kelly next time. I will try to give you better practice!
3. Dart aka Unstoppable Umericuh ($10.00)-why didn't you beat kels. also for like the 4th tourny in a row we didn't play lol
4. Goosefactor aka Datt Matt-we didn't play. the ****. you were lookin' good tho
5. Vro-gggggggs. your marth is ferocious, I got whooped. Look forward to visiting you soon =). Thanks for the smokage
5. Rat-I assume other people encouraged me too, but I explicitly remember you rooting me on. I REALLY appreciate it. I get really frustrated/disappointed when I see myself doing stupid ****/messing up because I know what I should be doing is usually not what I'm doing. It really helps to get reinforcement from people that I'm doing things right. You're a cool guy. We should play more next time. Your samus is way out of my league.
7. ORLY-IMA BEAT YOU NEXT TIME CHRIS
7. Frivolous Finland aka Little England-good sets. I had an epiphany playing you--I noticed the section in 10K words of power about stage control was in play through your mind. I never capitalized when I cornered you to the ledge, and you waited me out with jumps and would literally run right by me and pull the ol' switcheroo, taking back center stage. That's the first time I'd ever seen somebody's intentions so clearly. You can be sure next time it won't be so easy for you. Thanks again for the advice/encouragement. I'm very happy to have you in the midwest.
9. Mr. H-nothing notable happened lol. your hands do weird stuff
9. Lance in the Pants-we shoulda played!
9. Tomacawk-get better faster plz
9. iamthemicrowave-thanks for the fine herbs. was fun teaming but we seriously suck together lolll. On the plus side we had the greatest team name of all time. you're looking better everytime we play. I'm glad we can spur each other to improve through unspoken passive aggressive rivalry ;P
13. Deez Nutz-love me some of doz nuts. Always great to see you man. Your sheik was looking really good. Stick to her!
13. Tak-ggs. You were pretty good, you had me sweating. I have a habit of losing to falcos :(
13. Captain Pr0n-hope you enjoyed your homo kj64, you're never playing there vs me again lol. peach was probably the worst idea ever
13. Midwest Border Patrol-?

jayford. great games man. you're improving swiftly. you gotta DI the uthrows better--only reason I beat you is because I don't mess up the easy ones :)

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
*Shoutouts*

1. Kels ($60.00)-You suck. You just get lucky. Well...you're OK I gueeeessss. ;) <3
2. Dekuschrub ($30.00)- <33 You're just....awesome. I wish you were around more often. You won this tournament! Not that other guy. :glare: lawl (oh and I blushed purple cheeks when you said my white Marth is cute lolol)
3. Dart aka Unstoppable Umericuh ($10.00)-GGs in teams. My Fox was all up in dat ***! I whooped dat ***! haha Good stuff making the trip man. Train up for Pound! The competition is NO JOKE. :nervous:
4. Goosefactor aka Datt Matt-Ahhh! How was the drive?? I avoided Stratego this time, and hopefully will do the same next time. Until then...*throws sea urchin*
5. Vro- We barely played! :c
5. Rat- Really close set. Friggin Samus. haha! I'll get you next time gadget!
7. ORLY-I haven't played you in a while! haha GGs And remember...Falcon>Sheik
7. Frivolous Finland aka Little England-u suck..get it together
9. Mr. H-Craaaaaaaaaaaaig! Told you Pikachu is too good. Coming up for the next one?
9. Lance in the Pants- OMG Teaming with you is sooooo fun! I'm glad we synced up as the day went on. You kinda cleaned up my mistakes like it was nobody's business. I just pressed a lot of buttons. Pretty sure you carried me this time. <33
9. Tomacawk- *special shoutout* Such kind words :bee:. I'm glad you got to see it in action. Smash epiphanies ****, so I hope you run with it. I feel like there are people who understand my 10k words, but not all apply it. Being able to constantly apply everything is a challenge at first, but focused practice *****. Also, like..sadly, people have called me an *** on the boards, but you seem to have come around to me. I hope through playing with me and talking with me you kinda got a feel of the kind of person I am. ("touchy" subject I don't wanna expand on) Anyways, glad you made the trip man! Looking forward to playing you again.
9. iamthemicrowave-We don't play as much as we used to. You know how that makes me feel?? Like this....:c I don't like feel like this.
13. Deez Nutz-And whenever I go to George's you should go to! And watch more Tope videos! GGs in pools.
13. Tak- You Falco is niiiiiice! Play more often. I heeeear you live in Earhart. Invite me over to play sometime. :D
13. Captain Pr0n-Didn't get to play you, but I saw your Falcon movin like a madman. I want a piece ah dat.
13. Midwest Border Patrol-Nice to meet you dude. I wanted some friendlies with you, cause I like playing new people. That didn't happen. :/ Come down again

Muncie people- Thanks for making the trip. I hope you enjoyed playing everyone. Come down again! You guys are legiiiit! :D

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I never didn't like you. I (and others) were just pissed because you're new to the mw and made such sweeping generalizations about us...we are newbs, but got dangit we got heart.
ummm I KNOW I had another shout out but I have no idea what it is...pretty sure it was kels related
I will say that ckit better watch his back, I'm bringing pounds of change to throw at him next time until he plays me

goosefactor

Smash Lord
and not the one with Jackie Chan and Will Smith's niglet
LOOOL

lance= one of the coolest smashers
QFT

4. Goosefactor aka Datt Matt-we didn't play. the ****. you were lookin' good tho
Thanks. Yeah, I think the last time we played was in the NES noob tourney.

Goosefactor aka Datt Matt-Ahhh! How was the drive?? I avoided Stratego this time, and hopefully will do the same next time. Until then...*throws sea urchin*
Heh, the drive was kinda fob-worthy, but having the heat on full blast in my car made the trip tolerable. ;)

Lol, and yeah, I was gonna point out how you managed to avoid Stratego yet again. Your luck will run out eventually....

Those **** sea urchins are SOOOO BROKEN!

Anywho, glad everyone was able to come this weekend. And mad props to the new Ball State guys for coming out too! Hope you guys had fun, and will continue to attend subsequent SSBO's!

Congratz to the top finishers. Deku, you seem pretty chill, and for what it's worth, I like your play style.

Purdue noobz, I had more fun than usual hanging out this weekend, and like always, I look forward to coming down again.

George, where you at??

Oh, and Alan, I thought Deadspace was pretty solid. Heh, but I remember your...journey through RE: 4, so I dunnnnno, loool. Just be sure to follow our tradition of playing those games in the dark. O_O

*EDIT*

4. Goosefactor aka Datt Matt- Geor...I mean Marth... I mean Matt, good hanging out with you this weekend. We definitely did it wrong and did it right at the same time. GGs in pools
LOOOL, how did I miss this shoutout? F'n calling me George on accident and then Marth. I hate you. And yes, we did it both wrong and right this weekend. My sleep schedule is totally outta whack. O_o

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Dark Souls announced as the follow-up to Demon Souls. The first line in the list of bulleted information about the game....

The difficulty has been increased greatly over Demon's Souls.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Dark Souls announced as the follow-up to Demon Souls. The first line in the list of bulleted information about the game....

Good that game was FAR too easy once you got the hang of it!

-_-;

When it comes out, I'll be logged on to PSN for at least a week straight.
Matt, Lance ... We can trudge through it together.

ALSO - How dare Purdue remove Maya from their software set right as I finally figure out how to use it! Augh! I don't have $2,000 to spend on things I'm doing in my spare time! XD

'Fro

Smash Lord
YESSSSSSSSSSSS

With the difficulty getting bumped up, I may have to go into level grinding mode. :cool:
O.....M......G...... So somehow all the horrors of before were Matt NOT in level grinding mode.

Well, I bid all three of you adieu.

voorhese

Smash Master
extra shoutouts

ricky aka cinnamon - good **** at the tourney, way to be the bigger man and actually enter singles unlike matt and i

tak - sorry i didnt realize you entered as your middle name >_< good job in the crew battle, like 16 stocks lol, and also i had some fun friendlies with you also
keep ricky busy, i want you to 2 beat me next time we play

riley- keep up the good work, thx for being in the crew battle with me

if there is anyone else i forgot quit being ****ies about it and man up like ricky and andrew here!

edit: i guess this post would make more sense if i said ricky called me like wtf i didnt get a shoutout

BunBun

Smash Master

-_-;

ALSO - How dare Purdue remove Maya from their software set right as I finally figure out how to use it! Augh! I don't have $2,000 to spend on things I'm doing in my spare time! XD
I have a dev copy you can have.

Dart!

Smash Master
Shoutouts to chicago for bringing that one guy...:p

thanks for hosting purdue!

Next time i hope the turnout is small so i can team with purdue and play for fun.

voorhese

Smash Master
vro and i need to team at one of the smaller ones, and be team vroheese, or fro and be team frohese... either way

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord

I'm pretty excited.
Well, you didn't use the BBS. That thing was broken. But yeah, once you figure it out it wasn't thaaaat bad. although I haven't run through ng+ I think I'll do that.

I do wants to get in on this.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I am ****ing sick of you being ridiculously lazy in getting information off the ****ING FIRST PAGE! THE FRONT PAGE IS THE INFO PAGE FOR A ****ING REASON, DAMMIT! YOU USE IT TO GET THE INFORMATION REQUIIRED IF YOU'RE ATTENDING THE ****ING TOURNAMENT! *******....

Doggalina and co: Looking forward to playing you guys! Welcome to SSBO!
what are you doing noobsauce trying to do some knee-to-knee-to-knee?

hoot n hoot
voorhese, your grammar and overall sentence structure is so terrible that no one really knows what you are talking about anyway, so gg no re and do some research
goose, are you working on your Falco edgeguarding with Marth?

>_>
Good one .

duh goose u gotta git on dat blastoise sonzzzzz

Top Bottom