• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Rat

Smash Lord
Hey can you start doubles at like 12:30-1:00ish?

I don't get off work until 9am and won't be able to leave my house until like 10:00. So 2.25 hours drive means I'd be late for doubles. =(

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
so dart you pickin me up? that would be cool

i have a feeling my play at this tourney will be lolbad

i'll still win doubs though EZ PZ

uhh dart we're teaming right

'Fro

Smash Lord
Hey can you start doubles at like 12:30-1:00ish?

I don't get off work until 9am and won't be able to leave my house until like 10:00. So 2.25 hours drive means I'd be late for doubles. =(
Everyone from your side of the state border usually gets in around that time anyway, so we could accommodate accordingly. If you specify your partner, we could enter you and then catch you up when you get there, since pools would probably still be running by then.

Rat

Smash Lord
oh **** time zone change. Totally forgot about that.

Yeah I'm hella gonna be late. If you could accommodate for teams that would be awesome. Imma try to find some scrubs to pay for my gas. So that's probably 2 teams for now.

I'll speed on my way down so that will shave like 1 hour lol.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Josh when are we leaving? When should we meet in Springfield? Don't forget that we lose an hour due to time zone change

Josh I think alex and binyan are gunna team. Team with me instead?
edit-super ninja'd. I thought I was gunna be the cool guy to bring up timezones but now I'm like 4 posts late
damn you obtuse timetracker

darkatma

Smash Hero

Yeah I'm hella gonna be late. If you could accommodate for teams that would be awesome. Imma try to find some scrubs to pay for my gas. So that's probably 2 teams for now.

is anyone good from chicago going?
other than you

ugh time zone change..means getting up at an earlier time

Tomacawk

Smash Master
who wants to moneymatch?
Fro, I want some serious practice with you. It's time for me to learn how to play samus. Let me pre-apologize for the guaranteed johns coming about samus being broken because of my frustration

goosefactor

Smash Lord
edit-super ninja'd. I thought I was gunna be the cool guy to bring up timezones but now I'm like 4 posts late
damn you obtuse timetracker
Lollll, sorry, I accidentally the time zones.

Well, it's cuz I read Rat's post, and it was obvious that he didn't take the change into consideration, and instead of singling him out (kinda like what I'm doing now :p) for being such a noob for forgetting, I opted to just make a broad reminder to everyone, heh.

Rat

Smash Lord
@goose
no worries. I don't mind when people point out my stupidity, that is unless they are just being an douche. **** those douchebags. Constructive criticism ftw!

@Toma
lol Samus is pretty broken. That is until you realize she has some very serious limitations as a character. Ex: Like look at how big Marth's Uptilt/Uair is and damn floaty samus is. She ain't comin down.

The Lack of bunbun is sad.

@katma lol nice cover with the "other than you." I appreciate your concern for my feelings. But I don't really know if I can get anyone good to come. Really I just want to play some smash =).

@Sveet
damn over 7k posts. You must spam a lot. Also I started watching gantz. My only gripe right now is that it's slow. It will take me a couple of weeks to process it. Also I don't like how damn Nihilistic Anime/manga tends to be. Like I got hella depressed after reading Death Note. I wanna believe that there is some value in living, dammit.

'Fro

Smash Lord

Oh, crap.... I got my time zones wrong. For whatever reason I was thinking "They gain an hour getting here anyways".

Well, I would definitely prefer to start earlier. I'll leave you my cell number so you can keep updating me on when you would get there, and I could let you know the situation since I can't fully predict everyone's arrival time on Saturday.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
But I don't really know if I can get anyone good to come. Really I just want to play some smash =).
Well if you're needing someone to team with, I'd be up for it. I'd like to team with someone outside of Purdue anyway. Just lemme know. BUT, if we do, we MUST tie Alundra into our team name somehow, lol.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
@Sveet
damn over 7k posts. You must spam a lot.
How dare you! I only make quality posts.

Also I started watching gantz. My only gripe right now is that it's slow. It will take me a couple of weeks to process it. Also I don't like how damn Nihilistic Anime/manga tends to be. Like I got hella depressed after reading Death Note. I wanna believe that there is some value in living, dammit.
Gantz is definitely a dark anime. Oro tells me the manga was a lot more detailed/better, but i liked the anime.

After that Oro got me into Angel Beats! which happens to be based around kids who died and go to the world/school and while there they can't die. Its definitely a lot lighter and there is a lot more comedy, but the story kinda goes downhill after the first arc or two.

One of my all time favorites is still Hunter X Hunter, which follows sort of a Dragon Ball genre of questing and friendship with a healthy amount of action.

Rat

Smash Lord
I definitely definitely enjoy dark/philosophical stuff. I just have to limit my exposure.

Also Hunter X Hunter is awesome and hilarious. The whole of greed island is amazing.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
99% sure I'm johning out now
seriously amazing how I can be positive I'm going to something and it all crumbles in the end
there goes smym practice :(

BunBun

Smash Master
I definitely definitely enjoy dark/philosophical stuff. I just have to limit my exposure.

Also Hunter X Hunter is awesome and hilarious. The whole of greed island is amazing.
Hunter x Hunter is full of homolust. It's funny for a while, but then Hisoka just gets disturbing.

It's still awesome, though. That card game arc was tight. Never watched the show, though.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Well if you're needing someone to team with, I'd be up for it. I'd like to team with someone outside of Purdue anyway. Just lemme know. BUT, if we do, we MUST tie Alundra into our team name somehow, lol.
I guess I have no other option than to take your silence as a no.

Also, I advise not having a Project M side tourney since this SSBO is en route to being larger than originally anticipted. Not to mention, it looks like we'll be getting a later start anyway. Jay, this means that you've escaped my Bubblicious Yoshi for the time being :p.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Why are all you coming now?! Get out of here!! >=(

Kels can come...but nobody else

-@)-;-

Edit: WTF Jason get off my account
You guys are such a couple, I swear.

Also, I dropped my bar of soap in the shower and bumped my head on the shower door handle on my way back up. I'm such a noob. =(

Tink

Smash Hero
just watch "berserk" and let your pants get wet.....thatsssss an intense anime with ridiccc happenings.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Oh, crap.... I got my time zones wrong. For whatever reason I was thinking "They gain an hour getting here anyways".

Well, I would definitely prefer to start earlier. I'll leave you my cell number so you can keep updating me on when you would get there, and I could let you know the situation since I can't fully predict everyone's arrival time on Saturday.

is this the guy where the term "get fro'd" came from?

Tink

Smash Hero
that would be the original frosune....ckit for you nubss out there.

i was suppose to come to this, but not sure i can anymore. got some work i gotta do tom. have fun everyone!

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
The mangas are always better than the animes. Berserk is awesome so is gantz.

And so lance doesn't get angry, have you guys heard about the new silent hill game? Supposedly the composer for the Dexter show is going to compose the music. He better not be a disappointment >:O

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
The mangas are always better than the animes. Berserk is awesome so is gantz.

And so lance doesn't get angry, have you guys heard about the new silent hill game? Supposedly the composer for the Dexter show is going to compose the music. He better not be a disappointment >:O
lol josh I wasn't mad, I was actually trying to be ironic. Oh well.

Top Bottom