• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
I'll just babality all over your guys' sorry ***es.

So you haven't played the new version yet, Jay? Hmm, if the creators were smart, they'd nerf the **** outta my Bubblicious cuz he's broken as all ****. Like, there's little to no reason to even play the game unless you main that monster.
I just got to sit down with it for 30 minutes and its definitely more polished then the alpha version. I'll wait to play against real people to make a final judgement. Goose if you weren't aware they only released a certain number of characters with the demo (probably about a 1/3) and yoshi is not one :(

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
If I remember correctly, he only used yoshi twice and he ended up stealing jason's stocks like 1 minute into the match. You guys should fear my ike. I just need to copy the way jason moves with him better <.<

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I just got to sit down with it for 30 minutes and its definitely more polished then the alpha version. I'll wait to play against real people to make a final judgement. Goose if you weren't aware they only released a certain number of characters with the demo (probably about a 1/3) and yoshi is not one :(
Hmm, well should we just stick with the version we played with last time I was there then? Are the other improvements worth the big cut in characters? I dunno, I'm askin' since you played with both.

If I remember correctly, he only used yoshi twice and he ended up stealing jason's stocks like 1 minute into the match.
Joonz? My Bubblicious stanks tocks like it's his job.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
The reason why I kinda wanna practice the new one is because its closer to the final version, so we'd get used to the feel and such. I mean, we could play these 14 characters or whatever until the end of the year until the final release date and still not fully understand them.

'Fro

Smash Lord
The reason why I kinda wanna practice the new one is because its closer to the final version, so we'd get used to the feel and such. I mean, we could play these 14 characters or whatever until the end of the year until the final release date and still not fully understand them.
We can't even claim to fully understand the Melee characters as it is, dude..... :scared:

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Yeah, fair enough.

Are Link and Toonz Link at least in it? They seem to be my two favorites so far.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
With regards to me, it's tough to say, Andrew. Other than this weekend, the next few are gonna be iffy for me. There may have to be some tinkering around with the dates or somethin'. I dunno. :/

'Fro

Smash Lord
With regards to me, it's tough to say, Andrew. Other than this weekend, the next few are gonna be iffy for me. There may have to be some tinkering around with the dates or somethin'. I dunno. :/
Hmmm...... How much of tinkering with the dates would you be looking at if that were the solution? Is there something from there making tourney attendance an issue, or are there a select few SSBOs that are at bad times? Lemme know.

Also, Andrew, I could hang out provided I'm in town. My Spring Break plans are tentative right now with a high likelihood of heading to Ohio as soon as break starts.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Goose: No toon link, but Link is in it

Voorhese: No Metaknight

Andrew: Isn't there an SSBO that weekend??? Regardless I will smash with you :D

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Voorheese, Lance said that they only have a fraction of the characters for the demo. My gOoDnEsS!

BunBun

Smash Master
Goose: I can't tinker with my dates =/ That's the only time I could see yall.

Josh: Stop being so dumb =(

'Fro: There is nothing in Ohio.

Lance: Excellent.

Mr H

Smash Ace
So seriously, not to completely ignore the subject at hand, but is there going to be any smash the weekend I could come up? (March 12~)
il be there its my spring break

edit:
idk if il be there this weekend or not immmma try tho

Jayford

Smash Lord
Hmm, well should we just stick with the version we played with last time I was there then? Are the other improvements worth the big cut in characters? I dunno, I'm askin' since you played with both.

Joonz? My Bubblicious stanks tocks like it's his job.
Bubblicious Yoshi Vs. Salty Apple **** Yoshi this Saturday :D

Andrew: I might be around during Spring Break. I dunno.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I will be having a smash fest Thursday night, probably after 7. Anyone who wants to come is welcome.
How late will that be going? I've got a test at 6:30, then if I finish early (I'm unsure, it seems like cake, but the prof says that everyone says it's harder than you expect) I'll be going to this HHS ambassadors thing, but at any rate, I'd expect it to be done by 8 or 9. I don't have a class until like 11:30 on fri, so I could stay pretty late.

About this sat, ... I might have to john out of singles, my gf needs help with her resume and getting ready for several interviews next week. But I will still have the challenge match with josh, and hopefully enter doubles at least.

voorhese

Smash Master
so are the physics supposed to be the EXACT same as melee's?

cuz i watched the trailer and falco down threw fox, and he fell to the ground at like 50%

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
so are the physics supposed to be the EXACT same as melee's?

cuz i watched the trailer and falco down threw fox, and he fell to the ground at like 50%
There are a lot of things that work in Melee that don't work in P:M. Conversely, there are a lot of things that work in P:M that don't work in Melee (like Marth u-throw cg'ing Falcon - though they might have patched that out by now). It's safe to say they're very different games, despite claims that the games have the same physics, it plays significantly differently.

@ Oro?!: Um ... I don't stalk them. I just love them. :colorful:

Top Bottom