• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

'Fro

Smash Lord
So, any fools in town should hit me up. I have been here all break, and luckily it was worth it, but I would like to check in with everyone and hang out.

Also, Matt, you know I wasn't going to Smashing Grounds, you foob-castle. Also, be sure to bring TV cables with your Wii when you come to make our DKC continuation a possibility.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
, be sure to bring TV cables with your Wii when you come to make our DKC continuation a possibility.
Are you talking about the new one? What do you think of it? My little bro got it for Christmas and we've played it a bit.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Are you talking about the new one? What do you think of it? My little bro got it for Christmas and we've played it a bit.
I think it's awesome. It's really challenging IMO. Matt and I have been left speechless by how hard our ***** have been kicked. It's innovative, the level design is great, and the gameplay is really well-done. It feels like the old DKC's but the gameplay feels enhanced in the right fashion.

So yeah, it's awesome.

voorhese

Smash Master
what the ****, i thought u werent there fro....also i let some friends use my stick, and 1 of the buttons feels sticky, would just rubbing around the button with a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol work for making it not stick? (the stick is so slight that i wasnt even sure if it was sticking)

also skylar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTPfP_a6HBQ

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
lol sticky. DKC return is a fun game. I'm only on the second world right now though (2-2 was the last level I played) but it was on my sister's wii so I have to replay all of that again.

How's the weather up there fro?

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Yeah, My bro and I think DKC is tough too. Especially the boss fights from our experiences, we blew all our coins on balloons on the first level. But it is fun. We aren't trying to collect everything atm, it's too tough for that for us for now. ... For sure.

'Fro

Smash Lord
what the ****, i thought u werent there fro....also i let some friends use my stick, and 1 of the buttons feels sticky, would just rubbing around the button with a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol work for making it not stick? (the stick is so slight that i wasnt even sure if it was sticking)

also skylar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTPfP_a6HBQ
I don't know, in all honesty. I would look up something online for that. Someone is bound to have posted something useful on that.

Also, what would have happened differently if you knew I were here earlier?

Josh, it's cold and it snowed today.

voorhese

Smash Master
i would have tried to come down and played sf/melee (mainly sf, cuz its new to me and fun as ****), and i have looked online, imma ask doggeysamich in a sec tho, when he answers me

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Also, Matt, you know I wasn't going to Smashing Grounds
Well yeah but I didn't know what your plans were.

OMG, it sounds like my bratty little cousins got to it. I dunno about the stick, but for my GC buttons I used a toothbrush with hot water, and that worked well.

voorhese

Smash Master
well thx for the advice goose, but from what i read water is an absolute no no, and cotton swabs + rubbing alcohol works pretty well (mainly because water doesnt evaporate at room temp or something, so some may be left over, and alcohol does) but i was told not to do the cotton swab thing with a stick, im not sure why, but they said to open it, take the button out, and soak it then let it dry, but that **** sounds complicated.

my friend pulled super duper secret mindgames on me, he killed himself 3 times in a row at the begining of the match, and then jumped off again, so i did the pause reset, and im like oh ****, in tourney i could have gotten dq'd for that

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
my friend pulled super duper secret mindgames on me, he killed himself 3 times in a row at the begining of the match, and then jumped off again, so i did the pause reset, and im like oh ****, in tourney i could have gotten dq'd for that
If I play your puff in tourney I'll let you rest me on my last stock to DQ you. Thanks for letting me know.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Anybody going to SG want to team? That's easy for me to ask, because you are all better than me, and if no one is interested I'll ask in the SG thread.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
So....Jason is either singing Christmas carols in a warm car headed towards Purdue, or he's stranded out in the snow freezing to death. 0_0

Let us pray it's the former.

Corey, post in the SG thread. I'm sure it would be nice to get some outside team exposure for a change.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Lol Jay. I heard you were in a dumb *** pool with my campy *** buddy Zwarm. Brawl treats ya right. ;)

Also heard you went Marth. That's like 90% of his training... from me. LOL!

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I know looshkin is looking for a teammate but is nervous about asking for one in the thread.
Well I asked in the thread, so if he's interested, I'd be up for teaming with him. Unless he main kirby, then he has to taunt once a set to team with me.

I may have low standards, but I'm sticking to them.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
I wanna go to smashing grounds I have a car vailable or will pay gas money

Ill team with looshkin if he still mains ganon

someone smash wih me tomorrow

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
What the hell? Why is there a :teemo: icon?
That's just ridiculous.

Okay - so ... Update on my life ...
I won't be at Purdue this semester, because I'm taking classes at Penn State.
It's in-state tuition, and apparently its easier to leave Purdue and re-apply than it is to actually CODO anywhere (and I've been trying to bounce out of engineering for two years now). It's risky, because I might not make it back in ... but hey.

So with any luck I'll see you guys in summer/fall, but sadly ... won't be there for spring.
Which is fine, because it's warmer here anyway. =P

Jayford

Smash Lord
That's just ridiculous.

It's in-state tuition, and apparently its easier to leave Purdue and re-apply than it is to actually CODO anywhere (and I've been trying to bounce out of engineering for two years now). It's risky, because I might not make it back in ... but hey.

So with any luck I'll see you guys in summer/fall, but sadly ... won't be there for spring.
:*(

Good luck tho :D

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Ahh, Skylar, it sucks to hear that. I've always liked hanging out with you. :(

But good luck this semester. Hopefully we'll see you in the Fall.

ORLY

Smash Master
Goosefraba, you're among the Purdue car coming this weekend, yes?

You, Rat, and I can talk about Alundra like craaaaaaaaaaaayzee.

'Fro

Smash Lord
That's just ridiculous.

Profound Sadness.....

Wish you all the best Sky.

Top Bottom