• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

voorhese

Smash Master
gratz to goose for getting 13th, lance and i made it out of pools (same pool XD)

edit: to alan; i got chaingrabbed =(

soap

Smash Hero
so i read kirks post

that didn't really explain why everyone was really mad. That seemed like common knowledge i had known for months

voorhese

Smash Master
oh i just remembered that thing wobbles was doing with the fsmash making them go backwards is pretty simple (much more than i expected, its not even a timing thing) all u have to do is get the grab (not so easy) -> jab -> charge fsmash with nana -> upthrow -> let go of charge

i think this even makes them go further than a normal hit (similar to pika/pichu's HRbat reversed) so i can charge a fsmash reversed w/ nana -> u throw or fthrow sometimes .... and that sends them forward, but i cant tell if it goes further yet, its really close if not further tho ill have to check more ive only tried it like 3 times for fun, (on a friend) now that no one is here i can experiment with it more

i think imma play them for fun, and if i get good at landing grabs i may play them more seriously

BunBun

Smash Master
so i read kirks post

that didn't really explain why everyone was really mad. That seemed like common knowledge i had known for months
The short version:
Peef deleted the doubles everything. I redid it.
Peef didn't do anything for the actual running of his tournament
Peef then deleted the singles everything. I said **** everything. 18spikes, Kirkq and BigD remade the bracket by hand from terrible pools sheets.
Peef cracked under pressure completely.

The end. Everyone's done with the topic (or should be), so let's just move on.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Hey lance and goose, GG's this weekend. Sorry if I seemed upset after our set goose, you deserved the win.
Don't worry about it, man. The situation was really a big mess. The compromise we came up with was more than fair for me, I feel. And the whole thing easily could've been prevented if I simply heard my name be called out in the first place. If anything, I'm glad you understood, and allowed us to redo the second match.

And ugh, that Peach of yours is getting mad ugly. :psycho:

Be sure to come down to Purdue again soon for an SSBO!

Peef deleted the doubles everything.
Rofl, this sentence made me laf.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
The short version:
Peef deleted the doubles everything. I redid it.
Peef didn't do anything for the actual running of his tournament
Peef then deleted the singles everything. I said **** everything. 18spikes, Kirkq and BigD remade the bracket by hand from terrible pools sheets.
Peef cracked under pressure completely.

The end. Everyone's done with the topic (or should be), so let's just move on.
In PEEF's defense, Shonic closed the doubles bracket so he could watch the live-stream and then opened the wrong file. Andrew was called over because PEEF didn't know how to go into bracket from pools results in the first place. Everyone seems to be overdoing this. PEEF did not delete two brackets.

And singles was just TIO being an unforgiving program combined with PEEF being unsure of what he was doing. The backup file only had a bunch of empty pools sheets (while they did get erased when he saved over them, I don't think that would have miraculously made up much ground). When he started freaking out, I left him alone and let people who actually knew what they were doing take over.

BunBun

Smash Master
Ah, then my bad.

Shonic deleted the doubles everything.
Peef wasn't TOing at that point.

Sky, TIO is unforgiving, but you have to screw up real bad for that to happen.

And remember, this happened at POE2 also.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
2010 S3BO IV: Saturday, July 3, Skylar's, 12 PM

Alright, everyone, we have scheduled 2010 S3BO IV for this Saturday, July 3, at Skylar's at noon. In case anyone needs his address, it is as follows:

515 N. Grant, Apartment 7
West Lafayette, IN 47906

Parking is available at the nearby garage.

It looks like I will be making it to this (barring any unforeseen conflicts), so I hope this one is just as epic as the previous S3BO.

soap

Smash Hero
So i was reading up on taking my fox to the next level

and i noticed the backthrow "skeet blaster"

that is just 2 good

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Nice, I don't think I'm working on sat. Thursday, Friday, Sunday, Monday, yes, but not sat. I'll try to come to this, I must hone my skills.

I'd like to know, for future reference, if I can actually challenge the first active player above me at non ssbo events. I know there was a little miscommunication among the TOs about what was considered inactive (for example fro doesn't consider Brett inactive, but he's marked inactive on the list) But anyway, I don't know how you guys figure those things out, but please do so and at some point let me know what you've decided.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Bawwwwww ...
My chairs keep breaking.
I'm down to a couch and a single folding chair.

The good news is, I don't think I'm throwing out the couch any more.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Omfg.... George and DJ... Start saving up your ****ing money. Daft Punk in the US!!!
http://www.djmick.co.uk/music/daft-punk-2010-tour-dates/
i came.........

So I texted Anthony this, but I would like to have S3BO the next weekend, for 2 reasons. One, I could be there(not getting back till sunday or monday) XD, and I think attendance would be better because of 4th of July family joonz. What do you guys think?

DracoFox

Smash Ace
i came.........

So I texted Anthony this, but I would like to have S3BO the next weekend, for 2 reasons. One, I could be there(not getting back till sunday or monday) XD, and I think attendance would be better because of 4th of July family joonz. What do you guys think?
I second this. 2 excuses to as of why.

My brother and his wife will be back in the US from China starting tomorrow. Family johns.

There is a BBQ planned at my parents place on the 3rd as well. So, i believe I will not be there this Saturday. More family johns.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Plus ... I mean ... we JUST went to POE.
As much as I'm keen on paying money to have my *** kicked in smash -
I do have to take a break some time.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
i came.........

I agree with both statements.

Mr H

Smash Ace
well im coming into town this weekend but not next weekend
il be there friday afternoon

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Craig, make that Thursday night.

And Jayford! You got my hopes up :( Well if anything changes let us know.

'Fro

Smash Lord
If anybody's bored, here's a nice diversion I found while procrastinating on my STAT exam:

http://supermariobroscrossover.com/

It's a remake of the original Super Mario Bros., with a twist. In addition to Mario, you can play as Link, Samus, Simon Belmont (Castlevania), Bill Rizer (Contra), Mega Man, or Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden), in their NES versions with their abilities mostly intact from their own games. It's pretty fun.

EDIT: For those nostalgic types out there, the BGM depends on the character you pick.

Top Bottom