• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

_kSo_

Smash Master
"You know what a real BA animal is? It's a goose. Those mother****ers will peck your ***."[/I] I mean, maybe you do, but I've never met any. And what about the factor part? The goose factor? Is there some sway geese fit in as an important factor to anything? I mean, there's probably a large goose factor in poop all over the sidewalk by a pond, but that's not quite like an international crisis or anything. I don't get it.

<3 you goose!
it was all bRaYn's fault

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
If george is no loger going to poe I will be drivig my car holds 4 other people. I do not know who all is going/ riding down with me. I was planning on leaving by 7 which means you need to be down here ad at zeta psi before then. You also need to send me a pm or a text. NOT A POST ON THE BOARD. 765-432-3648. I plan to leave sat night unless something wild happens that convinces me to stay. You will be paying me cash whe we stop for gas, so have cash. If all you have are 20's you will be breaking your 20 to pay me gas money

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
so they took away my 3 point infraction for major spam and gave me 2 for flaming and 2 more for trolling...good thing i complained to forum support lololol
My lord....

... :/

Anyway,
Couple questions for you guys:

For those who've played me enough to have an idea, do you think I'm better at doubles, singles, or about the same?

Also, I have no partner for POE3. If anybody wants/needs a scrubby falcon lemme know, if not I'll just ask in the POE3 thread.

voorhese

Smash Master
so wait now that GEORGE! isnt going, do i lose my spot?

or am i just going w/ someone else?

no even ever told me whats going on, i just knew i was on both an attending and a housing list

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
so wait now that GEORGE! isnt going, do i lose my spot?

or am i just going w/ someone else?

no even ever told me whats going on, i just knew i was on both an attending and a housing list
I'm pretty sure you are riding with DJ.

Also:

Important Driving Directions

I highly encourage everyone to check their route to the venue now when you read this.

If your mapequest/googlewhatever/etc. tells you to take lincoln ave. east, and turn left into the venue (crossroads christian church) then tell it to change the route there.

due to construction, you CANNOT drive east on lincoln ave.

what i suggest you do is:
stay heading East on the lloyd expressway.
turn right onto epworth road
turn right onto lincoln ave.
turn right into the venue

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I thought it took 2.5 years to recover from bowser's dash attack....

Thanks for all the games last night boys, I think they might have helped me to be a little bit better. Thanks for all the practice and advice given, I appreciate it.

Oh, Fro, I just double checked, I was right. It's no biggie though. But I really do need to practice playing under pressure, so skylar, I'd like to challenge you before POE sometime. lemme know what a good day would be. Or we could do it every day up til then.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Wobbles said:
Hey, who wants to play madlibs? Fill these out as you go, then add them into the paragraph at the bottom!

1) Person who beat you in tournament.
2) Adjective
3) Noun, referring to a skill
4) Other well-established top player.
5) Verb (past tense)
6) Adverb

_(1)_ only beat us because _(1)_ is really _(2)_, he's not actually good. He doesn't have any _(3)_. If he played against somebody good like _(4)_, he'd get _(5)_ _(6)_.

Here's mine! Silent Wolf only beat us because Silent Wolf is really Technical, he's not actually good. He doesn't have any Mindgames. If he played against somebody good like Insane Carzy Guy, he'd get Loved Tenderly.

Goosefactor only beat us because goosefactor is really fat, he's not actually good. He doesn't have any udders. If he played against somebody good like Mango, he'd get cried hastily.

I was kind of confused on #3, I figured milking a cow required skill... obviously that was a fail

I think we figured out why goose beat kirk on sunday.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
It seems that both Quaz and George ditched out on housing, so we should be fine to absorb their places. I'd like to leave around 3 or 4, but I'll get back to you on the exact time later.
I just got scheduled to work from 11-3 on friday, so if we could leave moreso at 4 it'd be better for me. I'd like to go home and shower after work.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
My dad's working part time, my mom might lose her job (today was a bad day) I'm going to john out of POE3. I can't afford to spend $70 on recreation right now. If I could take back my purchases for the last couple months I would, I've only bought food and games. But it's not like I was going to do well or anything, there's plenty of better people here to play if I want to "improve" or whatever. Yeah, have a good day guys. Thanks a lot for playing me, all that "practice for POE" has helped me whether I go to the tourney or not. You know, these past few weeks I've really felt like part of the group, that means a lot, thanks. And special thanks to skylar for letting half a dozen people practically live at his apartment half the time.

So kirk, don't worry about me for the ride.

voorhese

Smash Master
Thanks a lot. POE3 is not really that big of a deal, but if my mom loses her job it would be very very bad.
yeah man i know how that stuff is, life is hard sometimes....i use the hardtimes to drive me forward and to learn from my/other's mistakes

edit: which direction is she spinning?

kirkq

Smash Ace
As I said before, I want all the setups Purdue has laying around if I'm gonna have all this car space, so get them to Skylar's place or something..

I want to practice against someone tomorrow evening for a few hours and make sure my tech is fresher than '05.

{{Money Johns}}
If you want to come I'll float you gas money; it's not an issue. Venue fee is 5 dollars. You need like 2-3 meals in that span. Eating off dollar menus makes that under 10 dollars. It will cost you about 15 dollars to come. Doesn't matter to me either way; offer remains on the table.

It currently looks like it is me and Skylar going down. DeezNutZZzzZZ, who is going with you currently? Skylar needs to be back by Sunday, so I am intending to depart Friday night around 4-5 and return upon tournament completion. A late night restaurant stop or something may occur after the tourney if it seems people are up for it and if I'm not ridiculously tired by then.

I'm fine driving with two of us, it's only 4 hours, but if GOOSE SHOULD COME WITH US, things will be better I'm sure.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
edit: which direction is she spinning?
She's spinning to the right (clockwise), and that picture has nothing to do with whether you are right/left brained.

I want to practice against someone tomorrow evening for a few hours and make sure my tech is fresher than '05.
I'd love to play you, but I probably wouldn't be worth much more than tech skill practice. You could probably play several people if you go to skylar's, his apartment seems to be the smash headquarters recently.

Turns out I have to work at 6:30 on sunday morning anyway, somehow I had figured I'd need $40 for food (???), but even with realizing that, I need to be sharp for work, they are training me to open up shop. At least my supervisor if not the manager is going to be there. But I had totally forgotten about early morning work actually. But thanks for the offer about gas, and bringing my gross overestimation of the cost to mind.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
goooooooooooooooose

is this the first time kirk has lost one of these?

besides the time he lost to drew
Sorry Soap, I wasn't trying to ignore you. I just got back from Purdue, and I don't read this when I'm down there.

Yeah, it's as Kirk said. He may have lost to Iggy once too? At any rate, he's proven himself so many times over the past couple years at these things, and will no doubt continue that trend.

So are you going to POE? If so, who are you teaming with?

I was thinking... matt.... where in the world did you come up with goosefactor? How does this word even come to one's mind? This came to mind the other day when I was bowling and trying to think of names (mooseblaster, brewsmaster, nooseplaster, bluestractor, etc) and I just got really confused about how you would come up that to begin with. I mean were you sitting around trying to think of a gamertag others would fear and respect... I mean seriously, no offense, but how many people do you know who are like: "You know what a real BA animal is? It's a goose. Those mother****ers will peck your ***." I mean, maybe you do, but I've never met any. And what about the factor part? The goose factor? Is there some sway geese fit in as an important factor to anything? I mean, there's probably a large goose factor in poop all over the sidewalk by a pond, but that's not quite like an international crisis or anything. I don't get it.

<3 you goose!
Rofl, yeah Corey, as I briefly mentioned earlier today, there's like no reason for my name AT ALL. My brother John is a kind of his own, and God only knows how he came up with it for me all those years ago. It's actually kinda ridiculous just how much the name "Goose" has stuck even after all this time.

I never question the factor
Rofl, good man. You'd do best to remember that. ;)

Goosefactor only beat us because goosefactor is really fat, he's not actually good. He doesn't have any udders. If he played against somebody good like Mango, he'd get cried hastily.
Psh, that's what you think.

Wait, wat?

My dad's working part time, my mom might lose her job (today was a bad day) I'm going to john out of POE3. I can't afford to spend $70 on recreation right now. If I could take back my purchases for the last couple months I would, I've only bought food and games. But it's not like I was going to do well or anything, there's plenty of better people here to play if I want to "improve" or whatever. Yeah, have a good day guys. Thanks a lot for playing me, all that "practice for POE" has helped me whether I go to the tourney or not. You know, these past few weeks I've really felt like part of the group, that means a lot, thanks. And special thanks to skylar for letting half a dozen people practically live at his apartment half the time.
Yeah Corey, I hope everything works out for you and your parents. And it's good that you've been feeling more so like a part of the group lately. Afterall, you ARE.:)

And nice friendlies we had today!

And Kirk, I appreciate the ride and all. But I still think I'm just gonna john outta this. I don't really have an excuse other than the fact that I spammed Purdue this week, I hope to do so the following week, and coupling that with the fact that even though I know I'd still have a good time going, it's still just gonna be a little too much of a hassle for me. :ohwell:

Also, you mentioned in a previous post about some details you are trying to iron out with DJ. He mentioned earlier that he can't check this often, and for people to call him instead (he gave his number in his previous post I believe). You may want to do that instead of waiting for him to post a response.

A recap of the week is definitely in order, but not now. It's getting late for me, and I gotta get my brown *** to bed!

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
as of right now I thought lance was riding down with me as well as skyler and maybe the voorhese i dont know any more because no one has said hey i want to ride down with you, i will be coming back sat night as well. I would be interested in a smash fest of the sorts tonight and lance and i could use a little teams practice

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
I am planning down to do some POE training myself Thursday evening. Skylar could you house me for 1 day?
Yeah, it's fine by me.
I'll have to get in on some of this POE training, as well.

Sorry I didn't check boards more.
There was a Mattson sleeping in my computer room.

as of right now I thought lance was riding down with me as well as skyler and maybe the voorhese i dont know any more because no one has said hey i want to ride down with you, i will be coming back sat night as well. I would be interested in a smash fest of the sorts tonight and lance and i could use a little teams practice
I'm definitely riding down with Kirk ... someone's got to keep the poor guy company. =P
Plus it guarantees me a ride back, and I need to be home for Sunday.

I would however, be interested in hosting a smash-fest if we need more space than the average dorm/apartment (Plus everyone knows where it is by now). I need all the practice I can get, and I promise not to go only Yoshi ... I know it doesn't help anyone. -_-

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
smashfest at skylar's sounds good to me. This is goose's last night, right? I might be interested in going out for dinner with you guys if I can get this other work done first. I'll keep skylar posted via text. Also, I'd request another form of game/entertainment at the fest, simply because I've played like 3+ hours of smash a day for the last week and I'm not feeling up for another 3 right now. Maybe I will be tonight. And if not, it's cool, I'll bring FFTA and talk rpgs with people. But I'd still want to play, just not as much as the last few days.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
smashfest at skylar's sounds good to me. This is goose's last night, right? I might be interested in going out for dinner with you guys if I can get this other work done first. I'll keep skylar posted via text. Also, I'd request another form of game/entertainment at the fest, simply because I've played like 3+ hours of smash a day for the last week and I'm not feeling up for another 3 right now. Maybe I will be tonight. And if not, it's cool, I'll bring FFTA and talk rpgs with people. But I'd still want to play, just not as much as the last few days.
Murr. Goose left last night at like 11pm ... after like 2 hours of gauntlet dark legacy (****in' chæmera ...) and I'm betting Adam has disappeared into a dark hole to play Demon's Souls - so this probably won't be as epic as the past week has been. Still, I don't see any reason why we can't goad someone into playing another game every now and again.

Also: Rofl, Jay. That's as bad as the time my roommate tried to convince me structures were worthless. Then he tried to tell me MATLAB was a more versatile programing language. Still, he was an AeroE. You'd think a CS major would know that kind of thing.

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
Some of you guys might appreciate this. Just a second ago I had to teach my co-worker who is a junior in CS what a class is and why you would want to use them in larger programing projects...
I agree. Why would anyone want to go to classes...

kirkq

Smash Ace
Lance I'll be at my apartment after 6:30. Call me or show up. I'll PM you my address and phone number.

Some of you guys might appreciate this. Just a second ago I had to teach my co-worker who is a junior in CS what a class is and why you would want to use them in larger programing projects...
I don't know how to use classes or structures, I vaguely know what they are.

Thanks EE, for making it difficult to take CompE clases. I have to devote 2 semesters before I can even take anything worthwhile.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
I've got a scott and a lance over at my place, and I know Corey's on his way at least for a little bit. Peeps are welcome to just show up at random, though calls are appreciated. Umm ... I'll point lance in the direction of the boards, Kirk. Teach him some of that nonsense falco!

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
To Voorheese's picture: Counter clockwise because that is a positive rotation and i'm used to it. Also it must be cold in that room cuz she has a case of nipplitis. Anywho I beat twilight princess and Imma start Path of Radiance so goose lets have a race. First to beat the game has to buy the other guy a double quarter pounder with cheese (no pickles >.<). Deal? Also no characters can die.

voorhese

Smash Master
To Voorheese's picture: Counter clockwise because that is a positive rotation and i'm used to it. Also it must be cold in that room cuz she has a case of nipplitis. Anywho I beat twilight princess and Imma start Path of Radiance so goose lets have a race. First to beat the game has to buy the other guy a double quarter pounder with cheese (no pickles >.<). Deal? Also no characters can die.
actually bun^2 was correct, its not spinning at all its a 2d picture flipping
and if u look at it the right way then it switches the way it is "Spinning"

if she is going counterclockwise for u then her left leg is up, when her leg hits the left side of screen, instead of looking at it going around, and coming close to screen

look at it as going back the other direction, and away from the screen, and its her right leg now (going clockwise) =P

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
People going to POE(Lance, Voorheese, DJ, Anothny, Matt, Kirkq, Skylar):

Do good at this tournament!! Cheer each other on and rep the crew! I wish I could be there to enter and root for you guys, but good luck.

Top Bottom