• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

voorhese

Smash Master
hey i have figured out a way to consistantly waveshine marth, i can take him across FD, but i cant take him back and forth across fd like link or peachh

the secret is to wave shine him backwards.... i know this doesnt sound like it will work, but if you run at him shine -> turn around wavedash, you are in a perfect position to dash and do it again..... i have tested this on a lvl 9 marth and got him across fd, i dont have people to test it on, so cunning im asking u to test it more.

edit: the reverse shine does not count as consec. hit

but if u dash -> waveshine -> dash -> JC waveshine its consec.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
hey i have figured out a way to consistantly waveshine marth, i can take him across FD, but i cant take him back and forth across fd like link or peachh

the secret is to wave shine him backwards.... i know this doesnt sound like it will work, but if you run at him shine -> turn around wavedash, you are in a perfect position to dash and do it again..... i have tested this on a lvl 9 marth and got him across fd, i dont have people to test it on, so cunning im asking u to test it more.

edit: the reverse shine does not count as consec. hit

but if u dash -> waveshine -> dash -> JC waveshine its consec.
see theres this thing called smash DI'ing away...

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
its ok, learning to waveshine lvl 9 marths is very important

right up there with shine backair, double shine, and shine upsmash

well double shine is actually useful to counter shine OOS, but thats about it

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
double post~~

Yo homefries, games at my place tonight from 8-11. I gotta kick yalls out at 11 cuz I got some spanish HW and need to prep for a presentation at 7:30 tomorrow haha.

So far brain is coming. Please call or text me if you plan to show up, cuz if we get alot of people we might need the ninja tv for the george/maynard room set up!!

voorheese, you better show this stuff to me on Saturday, and i expect it to be consistent! if you can only do it once or twice it dont count.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Yo homefries, games at my place tonight from 8-11. I gotta kick yalls out at 11 cuz I got some spanish HW and need to prep for a presentation at 7:30 tomorrow haha.

So far brain is coming. Please call or text me if you plan to show up, cuz if we get alot of people we might need the ninja tv for the george/maynard room set up!!

voorheese, you better show this stuff to me on Saturday, and i expect it to be consistent! if you can only do it once or twice it dont count.
I'll stop by. I dunno how long I can stay tho because I am going to the Cactus tonight.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
no smash for me on friday, I just got rolled with HW today. Anyone want to smash some before the tourney on sat? And are people actually there at 11am? If so, I'll try to get there then. I won't smash tonight because I don't know where george's house is and I need some sleep.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
no smash for me on friday, I just got rolled with HW today. Anyone want to smash some before the tourney on sat? And are people actually there at 11am? If so, I'll try to get there then. I won't smash tonight because I don't know where george's house is and I need some sleep.
lol hw in high school is a complete joke. you are welcome to come over, ill pm u my address. if you can't make it thats fine, but you can have it just in case!!

KMB23

Smash Journeyman

dude where do you live
I have some hw but I might come smash if i'm done early

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
lol hw in high school is a complete joke. you are welcome to come over, ill pm u my address. if you can't make it thats fine, but you can have it just in case!!
I suppose it is all relative to what you are used to. For example, ~8-9 hours of homework over a weekend in which you plan to be home and awake ~11 hours is a lot for me. If I didn't do anything other than school, eat, and sleep it'd be no problem, but considering that I do a great deal more than that, I find it difficult to manage my time in an effective manner. (All of that homework was from 3 classes: AP English: ~2 hours
[lots of research, have works cited due for paper I've barely started, I have to review a ~370page book for an exam (they ask you worthless details about the scenery and crap as questions at this level), and memorize ~40 vocab words]
, AP Psych ~2.5 hours
[60 page chapter to study for test, 30 multiple choice questions, write a paragraph on every chapter objective (usually 15-25, idk for this one), 12 essay questions to answer]
, AP Stats ~4 hours
[9 fifty-part questions (exaggeration, more like 5-10 parts) that take me ~30 mins each (unless I want to use a calculator. I'd do fine on the homework but blow the AP exam because I forget equations if I never use them). (although the first two I did (not included in 9) took me ~90 mins, I'm going to assume I'll get the hang of it and do it faster ... I hate math.)]
)

I can go through and explain why I only have ~11-12 hours to do it in, but I don't feel compelled to atm.

I'll admit I really have no idea what college homework is like, but I'm going to make the assumption my homework load is not typical for high schoolers and therefore may not necessarily fall into the category of a "complete joke."

Have a great time tonight, sorry I can't make it, see you this weekend.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Stupid Cochrane parking lots ... stupid people who have projects and can't come move their cars ...
Sorry I missed the smash-festing, I really wanted to get some game in before the tournament.
But ... hey ... maybe I'll be like you lunatics and make ridiculous improvements from not playing.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Also ... AP courses aren't really high-school shtick.
Not really specialized college difficult, but still way more work than high-school.
Though ... Engineer's English courses are pretty freakin' laughable.

****! Typing in the wrong quick-script box for the double-post fail.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Also ... AP courses aren't really high-school shtick.
Not really specialized college difficult, but still way more work than high-school.
Though ... Engineer's English courses are pretty freakin' laughable.
Ah. didn't know that. For the most part, I'd agree with George then. I've had some "honors" courses that made me work though.

Anyway, in far more important news:

I landed a sacred combo.

Saiya

Smash Cadet
anyway are you bored alex?
lol, don't mind me, Josh. The Purdue community here just seems like a fun crowd. The Gainesville, FL thread isn't much active since RockCrock, Harriettheguy, and the others are always occupied playing with each other to ever talk on the thread.

By the way, nice to meet you guys! Josh is always telling me about ya'll. :bee:

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
I was bored, so I made a secret handshake for melee players.

Step 1. Fist Pound (Falcon Punch)
Step 2. Take your hand away from the fist pound making an explosion (Firefox)
Step 3. Go back in for a low five/handshake but at the last second pull your hand away and pretend like you are fixing your hair
Step 4. Say any variation of "Mindgames, son."

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman

Step 3. Go back in for a low five/handshake but at the last second pull your hand away and pretend like you are fixing your hair
Step 4. Say anyway variation of "Mindgames, son."
XDDDD wtf lance? Don't you have CS homewo... nevermind. lol Horrible class don't take it. because of it my gpa has been boned forever. :(

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
No i do have CS homework, but im just taking breaks as needed :laugh:
lucky. Last night I was so sleepy that i wrote this in my fluid lab report: "The pressure in tank 2 was high and when the valve that connect tank 2 to an open hose was opened, it was a welcome relief for the water and the water was more then willing enough to fill the hose with water to relieve the pressure that has build up"

My friend read it and looked at me with a face that just screamed there's something wrong with you. lol

edit: nevermind the lucky part. i thought u said u didn't have hw.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace

Step 4. Say any variation of "Mindgames, son."
You won't be offended if I pretend I don't know you, right?
It's not you, it's the secret handshake ...

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I heard that ...

_kSo_

Smash Master
@Lance:
me and carl already have 3 different smash handshakes, one for fox, one for falco, and one for captain falcon :)

of course all of these include the Zeta Psi handshake, too so we won't be able to teach it to any of you guys lollll

Top Bottom