• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
We will address the situation as soon as is feasible. To be quite blunt, I have had three exams, three homework assignments, multiple meetings, and a couple of shifts in the pharmacy this week, so you will excuse me, I hope, if this is not the foremost thought in my mind.
I always say stupid things to you, but you know I don't actually 'MEAN' those things.

however, i do have faith in you anthony.

hope everything goes well.

BunBun

Smash Master
We will address the situation as soon as is feasible. To be quite blunt, I have had three exams, three homework assignments, multiple meetings, and a couple of shifts in the pharmacy this week, so you will excuse me, I hope, if this is not the foremost thought in my mind.
This is true.

But remember, other people can do things also. George has been more than willing to try and start something. Purdue isn't just you and Alan.

'Fro

Smash Lord
nedved retired?
man, i should probably try to follow club leagues more often. it's weird getting status updates every 4 years for world cups. 4 years is a long time....
That it is, especially in soccer! Check out Real Madrid this year for example. They just signed Kaká, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Karim Benzema (France's next Thierry Henry)!

Well, I'm currently playing Pro Evo '09 for the PS3. If anyone wants to play.....

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
guys! I just learned this trick where you can multiply any two numbers. Just follow these steps:

1. Find a calculator. If you can't find a calculator, open Excel.

2. Type in the numbers you want to multiply (remember to format your input properly)

3. Read off the answer!

With these steps, you can multiply any two numbers so long as you don't overload the capacities of the machine. If you need to multiply larger numbers than is possible with this method, write to someone with a supercomputer and ask very nicely for permission to use it.

I tried this myself for a few test cases, and it really, really works. It's fast and results in the correct answer with at least six sigma precision.

If you guys are really nice to me, I'll show you another technique to take square roots.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
Hey I wanna smash somewhere on friday if anyone is down im free after 5:20 til 9. I can go where ever or you can come to zeta psi. Send me a pm if ur down

voorhese

Smash Master
109^2 = 109*100 + 109*9 = 10900 + (1090 - 109)

Wow, hard stuff.

There is no excuse for your johns.
i wasnt saying your method was hard, im just saying mine is easier, like if are both given a number from like 90-110 i could give the answer faster than you with my method (assuming we both dont just memorize the answers), but numbers further away from 100 ,your method is better, thats why i said that it was situational

also, we are planning to attend this weekends tourney

kirkq

Smash Ace
if are both given a number from like 90-110 i could give the answer faster than you with my method
Dude say you're multiplying any 2 numbers from 1 to 200. The probability that it is 90^2, 91^2, ... , 109^2, 110^2 is 21/40000 or 0.0525% of the time. That's 5 HUNDREDTHS of a percent of the time.

Basically you have some methodology of solving 21 multiplication problems. You could also just memorize the answers. Actually wait, I can't give you credit for 90^2 or 100^2, so you have solutions to 19 multiplication problems.

In all fairness my cube root solution only applies to 53 specific problems, but I'm just saying. It's pretty worthless knowledge at the end of the day.

also, we are planning to attend this weekends tourney
Right so the odds of you coming increased by about 3% based on previous experimentation. Say you come 15% of the time usually. Your probability of coming this time is now about 18%.

voorhese

Smash Master
hey ciniman, and shadowfox are looking for partners for saturday

shadowfox plays fox, and ciniman plays falco

if kirk doesnt team w/ me i am also in need of a parter

goosefactor

Smash Lord
hey ciniman, and shadowfox are looking for partners for saturday

shadowfox plays fox, and ciniman plays falco

if kirk doesnt team w/ me i am also in need of a parter
Assuming they don't want to team together, why don't you be a good friend and team with one of them. I'm sure they'll feel somewhat outta place and intimidated to begin with, so teaming with them should help alleviate that.

Also, LOL @ the pic, Maus.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
The Midwest does need Melee tournaments badly.

If JAB can't happen, that's fine, just let us know so we can organize something else!

Midwest melee interest is fast fading among the "older" smashers. 06 07 players have had nothing for months and they are losing interest...

Bottom Line, we need something now!

BunBun

Smash Master
The Midwest does need Melee tournaments badly.

If JAB can't happen, that's fine, just let us know so we can organize something else!

Midwest melee interest is fast fading among the "older" smashers. 06 07 players have had nothing for months and they are losing interest...

Bottom Line, we need something now!
Go to Jace's tourney.

Or Intimikill

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I practiced some Chou Aniki over the summer.

I'll money match anyone in that game.

Gauthic Von B Schönen

Smash Journeyman
Dude say you're multiplying any 2 numbers from 1 to 200. The probability that it is 90^2, 91^2, ... , 109^2, 110^2 is 21/40000 or 0.0525% of the time. That's 5 HUNDREDTHS of a percent of the time.

Basically you have some methodology of solving 21 multiplication problems. You could also just memorize the answers. Actually wait, I can't give you credit for 90^2 or 100^2, so you have solutions to 19 multiplication problems.
You know what's hilarious? Apply his trick to a number less than 50.

Top Bottom