• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
Fact:

I'm the only one in Purdue who played all of the X and Zero games.
I'm probably the one here who was geeky enough to read up the history of Megaman / a true Megaman fan.
Fact:

Carl makes broad generalizations about the population of Purdue when he is familiar with less than 1% of it. I would bet money that he is not the only one on campus who's played all the X and Zero games. Also, apparently you don't need to have played all of the main series games to be a "true fan" of something, nor should you play any of the side series games to be a "true fan" (Battle Network).

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
My name is Jay.

Internet is serious business and I take all of Carl's statements literally. A franchise as popular as Megaman, of course there's going to be others who played it lol, we don't even need to consider the mass population here.

I meant in the context of the Purdue competitive smash players, cause you know, we're used to things like "the Brawl scene sucks here", when in fact if we consider the casuals, it's pretty much the opposite.

Also, I hate Mario Party and Mario Golf, guess I'm not a Mario fan :/

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i've played almost every megaman game ever.
i don't remember a lot of them though.

i played metroid fusion but i forgot the entirety of the game

voorhese

Smash Master
you can play side series and still be a true fan of a series, i have played a lot of megaman games including battle network, battle chip challenge, extreme, zero, x, the original, 64, and i really liked the anniversary collection (ps2)

and well i dont see why all of the games that dont follow the megaman 1,2,3,4,etc line wouldnt be considered side series in the first place... they have a little different gameplay, i know battlenetwork is completely different, but because it is more different than say megaman wily wars (compared to megaman 1,2,3 etc doesnt mean that battle network is like the only side series

point being that playing side series doesn not mean you are not a true fan, if ignoring them because "they are not the original thing" just makes you a stubborn fan

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
all this mid-low tier talk is making my head hurt
your talk is making my heart hurt. ;_;

haha yeah i agree. that last couple of days the boards have been so boring....wheres all the good stuff? i want more voorhese posts
yours too.

I don't recall playing your Samus with DK. Only your Mario and Sheik. I actually can't recall of a time I ever fought your Samus lmao.

Also, Megaman Zero > X > ZX > original
Megaman 2 and 3 > X 1-4 > Megaman Zero > ZX

<3
i would imagine that the battle network/star force games are exempt from the typical MM ratings since... they're different games entirely
this would also exclude megaman Legends (aka 64) and Legends 2.

imo megaman 2/3 are probably the best ones followed by x-x4 and then prob the megaman zx/zero games.

mm2/3 have super classic gameplay while x-x4 are faster and more 1990's (when you were a kid, X and Zero were badasses) while still maintaining nostalgia factor.

idk i really enjoyed both legends games despite their control flaws and whimsical storyline.
i like the battle network games and there's a good bit of depth and replay value due to vs mode.
star force is like watered down bn... but still entertaining nonetheless.
Fact:

I'm the only one in Purdue who played all of the X and Zero games.
I'm probably the one here who was geeky enough to read up the history of Megaman / a true Megaman fan.

I like Rockman X1-6 > X8 > X7 > Rockman 7 & 8 > Rockman 2-6 > Rockman 1.
I don't care about Rockman Zero or ZX or EXE or whatever.

those are like dragon ball to me.
Tome, it seems like, to continue the popularity of the game, makers are just making random shiz to continue the story and it makes the whole thing weird.

Carl, have you ever read Rockman manga?
you cannot be a real fan unless you've read them.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Someone makes a claim and BAM!

somehow everyone plays this game. its crazy. Ive actually never played a megaman game. I think I'm a bit young.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Of course I read the manga. It's kinda bad though.

... unless you're reading the Rockman Zero manga :D

Maus, I will not respect you until you download and play the Zero series. It's X but better lolz

voorhese

Smash Master
hey i took it upon myself to learn shortcuts to teach to my math team (im the captain)

i will be teaching them some i learned myself such as my way to square 2 digit #'s easy

here is the theory of my method of squaring the 2 digit #

(x+3)^2

x^2+6x+9

same way is used for 2 digit #'s

(14)^2
or
(10+4)^2

10^2 + 8(10) + 16

196 =)

and i also learned a new one today online

it goes like this

104^2

104 is 4 above 100

so add 4 to 104

then square 4 and tack it to the end of the new #

10816 =)

98 is 2 below 100 so subtract 2

then square it and tack it to the end

9604 =)

Gauthic Von B Schönen

Smash Journeyman
(x+3)^2

x^2+6x+9

same way is used for 2 digit #'s

(14)^2
or
(10+4)^2

10^2 + 8(10) + 16

196 =)
Those are just standard binomial properties. Boooooooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiing.

104^2

104 is 4 above 100

so add 4 to 104
Hahaha. That's a cute little trick. It breaks easy though.

100-2=98

2-98= -96

-98^2=9604

2^2=-969604

I have ruined everything forever.

Look at the two 96s though! That's pretty nifty.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
LOL@Hippy&Brett.

George, ditch the Gpa this weekend and stay down at Purdue.

Megaman Soccer was too good.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Of course I read the manga. It's kinda bad though.

... unless you're reading the Rockman Zero manga :D

Maus, I will not respect you until you download and play the Zero series. It's X but better lolz
well.. it seems like our brotherhood is going to break upon this stupid megaman zero.
;_;

i just liked the game up to Mega Man X 8.

lol i dont understand..... why is 2^2 = -969604?
explain
why not, you dont add 2^2, you simply "tack" it to the end of 96 as "04" because you need a zero to hold place value

what....?

you are confusing a Georgia Tech student.
you are amazing.

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
well.. it seems like our brotherhood is going to break upon this stupid megaman zero.
Alright, so I've played all the main MegaMan's (1-8, X-X8) but i haven't even seen a Zero or ZX game. Can anyone tell me which system(s) they're for and where I can get them?

-Edit- Is there a list somewhere on smashboards of all the different smash levels associated w/ your post count?

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Lol, I liked what you had up there better before you edited it :p
LOL i was hoping no one saw that, but it was unnecessary, just me taking out stress from all the frickin exams this week...

on that subject, im doing good in school so far, so hopefully i will stay at purdue!

voorheese, i really tried to comprehend your posts, i really did, but i think its impossible

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Maus, the only reason why you told me you didn't want to play Megaman Zero is because of the way Zero looked.

I'm not going to lie, I thought he looked ****ing gay and I didn't buy it. Around the time the 3rd one came out, I downloaded the first one and loved it. Then I bought them all.

Basically, you're no better then those kids who didn't buy Wind Waker because of the way Link looked :p Just like how WW played just like any other Zelda game + more, the same applies to MMZ.

XD1337

Smash Apprentice
megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman megaman
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/26323/

jk, megaman games = :0 :)

'Fro

Smash Lord
LOL i was hoping no one saw that, but it was unnecessary, just me taking out stress from all the frickin exams this week...

on that subject, im doing good in school so far, so hopefully i will stay at purdue!
Keep at it, man! I know how you feel right now. I ended up staying because of a single letter grade's difference. I remember that morning like it was yesterday. I really think I would've gotten a heart attack had I not pulled through. So, best of luck!

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
Put it back up!

I really don't care how mean it was.

Also, the internet is super serious business. I take jabs at Carl all the time when he says stuff. He does the same with me. Neither of us cares, life moves on. I'm pretty sure no one's feelings were hurt over a misinterpretation of implication and my opinion that you should at least play the main series of games and be willing to give the best side series out there a chance to obtain the "true fan" status.

Honestly, it's like watching only episodes 1-3 of Star Wars, then watching the Clone Wars miniseries and trying to say you're a "true Star Wars fan".

Also, someone else tell Carl to play the Battle Network games. He refuses to try them because "the battle system looks dumb", and he incorrectly thought they were derived from the anime.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
lol carl just says random stuff sometimes and its so easy to make fun of him...ive had this conversation with him since I met him last Fall and as recently as this past Sunday

carl: "Dude i can totally beat kirkq with my *insert sheik, marth, fox, and now, it seems to be jigglypuff*.
me: O_o

Top Bottom