• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

BunBun

Smash Master
Nair shine to waveshine upsmash or grab. Thats all I do lmao. Then again I don't play Fox other then in teams because you can get away with stuff like that.
It's less of a question of specific moves you use and more of a question of what play style you choose in that situation and your mindset and justification of it.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
lol, I was going to say something similar to Jayford.

If a Falcon is all up in my face, I just nair the **** out of him.

Reverse uptilts are nice and can easily **** up someone's momentum.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
If I'm winning I slow down the match, if I'm losing I slow down the match.

kirkq

Smash Ace
Which do you consider the optimal choice: Slowing the match down by whichever tactic you possess, knocking the opponent off beat, during which you take control, or would you rather speed up the flow of the match to stymie your opponent's momentum, but not quite gain full control until your opponent falters, during which you take control?
If I am Falco tho I just start laser camping if I am losing. So I guess I slow down the match.
Falco controls the momentum of almost all of his matches, so getting a good grasp of the optimal situation to force an opponent to approach in is key. You pretty much make a conscience decision to either get away and regain your rhythm or to try to get a quick hit in and start a combo.

voorhese

Smash Master
ive been experimenting with the shine (fox), and ive noticed that there is a lot i can do with out wavedashing into, like nair -> run -> shine -> nair

or at like 40-50% nair -> run -> cc jab / nair -> walk -> jab (both causing a jab reset)

basicly my main objective is to combo, but if they hit the ground if im close enough to jab reset i will, or just wait for the TECH chase (out of the jab reset i either grab, shine->usmash, or if im feeling to nervous to shine -> usmash, just usmash)

i try to go for every jab reset i see, its one of the main things im looking for

im doing a lot more waiting now, because i think just trying to keep moving < waiting for opportunities

these ideas are for fighting fox because he is the easiest to jab reset

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
Why would you try to speed the match up if it's already too fast for you? If their pace is above your comfort level, it may be above theirs, too. So I try to bait them out after a combo by dash dancing around a bit. Usually, they rush right in because they have the momentum, and as a result, they don't have enough time to plan out their attack and they space it sub-optimally, giving me a chance to come in with a punish.

That's what I try to do anyway. In reality, I usually just end up getting comboed all over again :-(

'Fro

Smash Lord
or just wait for the text chase
****ing Voorhese!

You know what would be cool for you? Combining all the options that you could possibly use to form mix-ups. N-air shning is great, but in a match-up against CC heavy characters, a mis-timed n-air gets you rocked. For certain characters, particularly Samus, n-air to reverse u-tilt is surprisingly effective, and can set up u-airs at certain percentages, granting you some early kills where you woudn't expect them.

voorhese

Smash Master
lol at text chase, the good news is thats a lot of people who know basicly what they are doing are playing again here, limitz, japn, sawyer, Bleck (or blech idk how he spells it),shadow fox (who literally peed his pants after playing my falco last saturday), and of course the golden boy

as for the whole samus thing, i just really need to play samus more in general, basicly my best matchups are against fast fallers, im just glad more people play now here

goosefactor

Smash Lord
ive been experimenting with the shine (fox), and ive noticed that there is a lot i can do with out wavedashing into, like nair -> run -> shine -> nair

or at like 40-50% nair -> run -> cc jab / nair -> walk -> jab (both causing a jab reset)

basicly my main objective is to combo, but if they hit the ground if im close enough to jab reset i will, or just wait for the TECH chase (out of the jab reset i either grab, shine->usmash, or if im feeling to nervous to shine -> usmash, just usmash)

i try to go for every jab reset i see, its one of the main things im looking for

im doing a lot more waiting now, because i think just trying to keep moving < waiting for opportunities

these ideas are for fighting fox because he is the easiest to jab reset
Voorheese, why does my head always spin whenever I attempt to understand your posts?

Also, so apparently there is a student/teacher bowling outing next weekend where teams of students bowl against teams of teachers. And apparently the coach of the bowling team is gonna be there and supposedly play someone from the winning team or something like that. Even though it's not my style, I'm half tempted to go just to roll some nubs, especially this bowling coach since he probably thinks he's actually good or something.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Also, so apparently there is a student/teacher bowling outing next weekend where teams of students bowl against teams of teachers. And apparently the coach of the bowling team is gonna be there and supposedly play someone from the winning team or something like that. Even though it's not my style, I'm half tempted to go just to roll some nubs, especially this bowling coach since he probably thinks he's actually good or something.
Dude, Matt, you have to do it. You've gotta rep the Dew Crew in bowling, son. :bee:

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Pfft. You people think about this game too much. I only have ONE rhythm, and I usually just call it 'slow'.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Voorheese, why does my head always spin whenever I attempt to understand your posts?

Dude, show them how it's done! Then they'll give you an extra job as bowling coach and you get to make money!

DracoFox

Smash Ace
If this post isn't on page 207 you are a joker.
Dude, shut up. You're not making a good impression with me.

o **** i wont be here next SSBO cuz its fall break and Ill be at home...so Adam forget that challenge.
Well that's a bummer George. Sorry that it isn't falling out just right for us to have our match.

In other news, I did get the weekend off the weekend of the 10th. So, expect me to be in town Friday night. If at all possible, I will need a place to stay as well...

'Fro

Smash Lord

Well that's a bummer George. Sorry that it isn't falling out just right for us to have our match.

In other news, I did get the weekend off the weekend of the 10th. So, expect me to be in town Friday night. If at all possible, I will need a place to stay as well...
Nice! Well, if you have bedding, my room is open.

Also, since you like Akuma, thought you might enjoy this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP9PoUQfAko

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Heh, the funny thing is that throwing in the bowling coach card is something I already plan on doing when I start applying at schools. Also, the outing thingy is the following weekend, and I'd much rather come down than show up some nubs, which frankly, I have no desire to do. Besides, Angela, Hawk, and Carlie have some leveling up to do!

Owned, Bunbun.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
LOL. "Joker" is obviously a benevolent insult.

And George quoted me for truth.

And the moral still is to change your pages to 40 posts each. You will thank me later.

DracoFox

Smash Ace

And the moral still is to change your pages to 40 posts each. You will thank me later.
There would be no way in hell I'd thank your *** for anything. Excuse me for not being on the same settings that you are on. And **** you for thinking that I should know everything. Humor or not, watch what the **** you say around here. "You will thank me later." <(⌐-⌐ )t

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
i want to play kso since voohese isnt around. is that allowed?
That's fine, Bryan; Voorhese falls under the infrequent/inconsistent availability "clause," for lack of a better word, and so you can challenge around him for the time being. Just be sure to set up a time and a place with Alan that works for both of you and you're good to go.

Edit: Post #555.

voorhese

Smash Master
i think im getting pretty good, im hoping that i can find a ride for the next tourney, if not i will try to just go with someone to lafayette, so i can at least play friendlies, me playing falco was shortlived, im all fox now again lol, but ill pick up falco for a day or 2 like i always do....

point being im really wanting to play you guys

Lavos

Smash Journeyman

While I disagree with virtually everything you've posted and think you're doing an awesome job of coming off as an annoying person with a unjustified sense of self confidence, you do have the point that 40 posts per page is clearly the superior Smashboards browsing method.

I mean, if you're not viewing 40 posts per page, what ARE you doing?

BunBun

Smash Master
While I disagree with virtually everything you've posted and think you're doing an awesome job of coming off as an annoying person with a unjustified sense of self confidence, you do have the point that 40 posts per page is clearly the superior Smashboards browsing method.

I mean, if you're not viewing 40 posts per page, what ARE you doing?
Getting laid.

Unless you're Jay Hart, in which case it's ****.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Sometimes I worry because I rarely have anything constructive to contribute.

Then I remember what thread I'm posting on. And that I have

goosefactor

Smash Lord
That's fine, Bryan; Voorhese falls under the infrequent/inconsistent availability "clause," for lack of a better word, and so you can challenge around him for the time being. Just be sure to set up a time and a place with Alan that works for both of you and you're good to go.
Oh, oh, I wanna watch! You guys need to record this epicness.

Unless you're Jay Hart, in which case it's ****.
LOL

Post 555 on page 555 =D
funny eh.
Maus, I was gonna mention that!:mad:

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
Oh, oh, I wanna watch! You guys need to record this epicness.

LOL

Maus, I was gonna mention that!:mad:
ha bowling coach...you would need to go beat some nubs just to feel good about yourself:) JK JK JK

also andrew are you gunna put up the vids that you recorded on sat? i kinda wanna watch em

Top Bottom