• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

PEEF!

Smash Hero
NJzFinest, I have no experience against a pichu or kirby, so I will probably lose. I will do it for the practice though.

BunBun, the only reason we didn't have our MM was because I had to play when you asked.

NJzFinest, you underestimate me quite a bit, which is understandable because you think I am some terrible kid with a big mouth, but I like having something to prove so its all good.

I will do all of these MM's at TIMS if you go. If not there, then wherever we meet.

voorhese

Smash Master
Here's what you do.
1.) Just main Ganon/Fox
2.) Wonder why the hell you would play Ganon over Fox in any matchup
3.) Drop Ganondorf
4.) Realize that Fox is a ****
5.) Main Peach
Done..... peach = amazing off the edge, now you pick up fox, so we could do a fox/peach team lol

PurdueSmash

Smash Apprentice
SSBO XXXIII: Melee!! October 10th @ 2pm

Hello, all.

Please take note that SSBO XXXIII has been scheduled for Saturday, October 10th @ 2pm.

The reason it is straying from our usual bi-weekly schedule is because we need to get back onto the correct week to continue our 2 week rotation. And since this weekend is Notre Dame @ home....yeah campus is going to be crowded.

If anyone wants to host a smashfest this weekend, please feel free to have one. I'm sure many people would want to since I know this week was a big exam week for most people.

Happy practicing.

-kSo

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
SSBO XXXIII Scheduled for October 10; Schedule of Events Posted

Mark your calendars, gentlemen; Alan and I have set the schedule for the remainder of the semester's SSBO's well in advance this time around. We hope that this will increase attendance by giving interested players enough of a heads-up to sort out their affairs ahead of time. As well, the far-off dates allow us to be more aggressive in obtaining venues, specifically the more-spacious confines of the dorm activity rooms; the locations will be hammered out in the coming week or so.

Schedule of Events for the Semester
- SSBO XXXIII: October 10
- SSBO XXXIV: October 24
- SSBO XXXV: November 7
- SSBO XXXVI: November 21
- SSBO XXXVII: December 5

Note: These dates do not include JAB 2, our major regional. The date for that will be decided quite soon and may either replace one of the above-scheduled SSBO's or be added to the posted schedule. What this means is that, at the very least, we will have at least four more SSBO's and JAB 2 or the five posted SSBO's and JAB 2. Again, this will all be cleared up in due time. For the time being, however, mark down the dates posted above as tournaments will occur on those dates, whether the usual SSBO's or JAB 2.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I hear Goose would be all over that...
~BunBun
Heh, omg, how did all of this get started? I'm not even like that at all. You guys are a bad influence on me.

I have no experience against a pichu or kirby, [...] I will do it for the practice though.
There is no point in practicing against these characters.

Well, it sucks that the next one isn't for an additional two weeks from now, but at least I won't miss one like I originally thought I'd have to.

BunBun

Smash Master
BunBun, the only reason we didn't have our MM was because I had to play when you asked.
Bull-fucking-shit. Change your story more.

Story 1, at TJ's house the night before SMYM: "I would beat you, but no I'm too drunk. Do it tomorrow". That's legit enough. So when 'tomorrow' comes around....
Story 2, during SMYM "I will later I have to find a partner". Also legit enough. So later....
Story 3, during SMYM after we were both out of the tournament: "You'll probably beat me so there's no point in doing it"
Story 4, shortly after story 3: "Why would I accept a match like that? Don't be stupid. There's no advantage of me beating a kirby or pichu" Please note, that we also had Flaco vs Sheik... That's a ****ty excuse, too.
And then, my personal favorite, when the tournament was closing down: "Oh sorry, we don't have any time to do it. I'll do it the next tournament I see you in, though!"

And now story 6, "The only reason we didn't have our MM was because I had to play when you asked."

Fail harder.

Learn to back up your trash talk, or at least bow out after admitting to not being able to.

gg.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I don't remember most of that. There are a couple extra-sketchy parts but I'll take your word for it because I don't really care about your money match that apparently means the world to you.

I haven't even been doing any trash talking...By going off on me you sound kinda nerd-ragey.

BunBun

Smash Master
I am extremely nerd ragey, because you do trash talk. Maybe not recently, but in the time leading up to SMYM and E52, quite a lot.

I don't give a **** about the money match. The only thing I give a **** about is how much you *****ed out of them. If "Nah, I don't want to do them" was all you said then it would have been fine.

Also, the main point of the moneymatch in the first place was to make fun of you.

BunBun

Smash Master
And SMYM was almost 2 months ago.
(and the vids still aren't up..... xD)

What's your point. I doubt your personality has changed much in the last two months.

Mine certainly hasn't.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
A full description of what Finest looked like in my dream

Big crazy hair. I don't mean like scater girl or scene girl hair. It was mostly unkempt, but not in a Amy Winehouse kind of way, it had some manage to it and was sexy.
Very puff, pale lips.
I think green eyes. I don't remember exactly, but they were hot.
A very large ***, but not like fat, it was sharp and athletic looking. Ya kind of low your pants a bit low too, though your shirt covered anything, still brought out your *** though.
Skinny legs. No real comment either way there.
I'm so sexy <3

'Fro

Smash Lord
Carl, you never fail to surprise me.

I do wonder what Melee Pichu would be like if he had that claw in the game.

Also, some verdicts on some new games:

Batman: Arkham Asylum is great! It also completely convinced me that Mark Hamill is the best Joker of all time. The stealth gameplay is good, and the combat is simple and intuitive, while making Batman look like the badass that he is. The controls take a little getting used to, but once you're comfy with them, the range of options you have is fantastic!

Mario and Luigi 3: AWESOME! The game's concept is simply pure genius, and it blows the second game out of the water! Battling as Bowser is tons of fun, and the whole "save the world from inside Bowser" thing works really well! Best RPG I've bought in a while!

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2. Nice, mindless multiplayer fun. Severely imbalanced, as Iggy's Deadpool showed as did Wolverine, but fun nonetheless. Also chock-full of Marvel-related references and nerdiness. Not for the loners, though.

Just in case anyone planned on buying any of the above titles.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Goose would probably be mad. I've got sheena in the party and have just learned Hunting Beast. It's so awesome. :bee:
Hunting BEAST! God I love the epicness of that attack!

Also, Goose would be proud. You're level grinding like a pro!

EDIT: My place is open for Smash tomorrow (Friday) from 9:30 'til about 3:10 (Spanish class at 3:30). Anybody who wants to show up just call!

goosefactor

Smash Lord
So I downloaded the PAL version of melee. The only thing I tested was sheik's down throw. It shoots them to the right. So you can't chain throw :(.
That's the change I like the most about that version.

Frosof, I ain't no level grinder. Nor do I do any optional sidequests. I simply play the bare bones of the game to its completion.

'Fro

Smash Lord
That's the change I like the most about that version.

Frosof, I ain't no level grinder. Nor do I do any optional sidequests. I simply play the bare bones of the game to its completion.
You had me until the word "level". From there on, you Goosed all over it.

Also, you would enjoy playing Bowser in the new Mario and Luigi. He levels up FAST!

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
you guys should have seen my drunk falcon last night. i was getting 7 kills per teams match with alan dj and cnn

also i really wanna have a tournament this weekend cuz its gonna be so long till the next one.

coffee is a lifesaver

edit:: Andre I tried to pm you but you don't accept pms for some reason. here is the contents

yo andre this is george. i really wanna have a tournament this weekend because we are not having one for 3 weeks. people will show up.

basically i was wondering if you can reserve the tv room or one of the big rooms because you live in tark. hopefully you are free tomorrow. if you can rent us a room i will run the whole tournament, you won't have to do anything.

kso and cunning are fine with this. i talked to alan yesterday, he just is tired and doesn't wanna TO. so yeah let me know man.

Top Bottom