• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
cobs

What's a, "Ft. Wayne?"

So, I had just experienced an all time low in trying to get a job. I put my application for fast food at Wendy's... My cell phone gets turned off. So, i go back the next day to make sure that my number home phone number was on the application. 8mins after her looking for it. I was told that they passed my application. Pretty much meaning that they just the finger and said screw you. In 24hours from turning in my application, I got denied... Seriously... WTF?!?!
keep trying man!! dont let the man get you down.

i will be at purdue monday night cuz I have a job interview tuesday morn at 11 AM...but i wont have much time for fun n games cuz I gotta get home for my class Tuesday night :( sorry guys. Hopefully I'll get this job and then be at purdue for the summer.

Altho smashwise I would get better if I was in chicago, we have such a good scene here. Unless Anthony comes down and trains me alot ;););)...and that kirkq guy is alright

EDIT: holy crap everyone needs to watch this vid peach is so broken...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW25EnMzzRI

WHO LIKES MY NEW SIG LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

_kSo_

Smash Master
keep trying man!! dont let the man get you down.

i will be at purdue monday night cuz I have a job interview tuesday morn at 11 AM...but i wont have much time for fun n games cuz I gotta get home for my class Tuesday night :( sorry guys. Hopefully I'll get this job and then be at purdue for the summer.

Altho smashwise I would get better if I was in chicago, we have such a good scene here. Unless Anthony comes down and trains me alot ;););)...and that kirkq guy is alright

chicago is better for your smash career and purdue is better for your real career. Man, such a hard choice :p

seriously though, i get what your saying about the chicago suburbs being so good for smash. I wish i knew more smashers in NJ, then i wouldn't mind going home that much. I need to go to more EC tournaments! lollll

also, this weekend is going to be full of foobs

Mr Chinkinator (2:50:06 PM): fuckin' theo
CraftyKitsune (2:50:06 PM): fuckin' Theo.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
i will be at purdue monday night cuz I have a job interview tuesday morn at 11 AM...but i wont have much time for fun n games cuz I gotta get home for my class Tuesday night :( sorry guys.
Good timing; that's right when we'll be leaving. >_>

Hopefully I'll get this job and then be at purdue for the summer.
Good luck with that, dud. Just be sure to tell the interviewer that they'd be a huge fobson if they didn't hire you.

chicago is better for your smash career and purdue is better for your real career. Man, such a hard choice :p
LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

also, this weekend is going to be full of foobs
Ya dud, fo sho. I'm gonna be teaching you chumps how to play double deck Euchre. That single deck crap is for queers. It's just that we'll need a fourth person to play.:urg:

Mr Chinkinator (2:50:06 PM): fuckin' theo
CraftyKitsune (2:50:06 PM): fuckin' Theo.
GD that friggin' snake. He better not get stuck under your chair again this weekend.

*EDIT*

Big C, you're coming down to Purdue this weekend.

Sliq

Smash Master
I might not be coming to this. I think I might chill out in Michigan and finish my thesis project for my internship so I have a kickass portfolio piece.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I might not be coming to this. I think I might chill out in Michigan and finish my thesis project for my internship so I have a kickass portfolio piece.
aww, we were going to win teams :p

I kinda feel sorry for him actually, he's going to grow up and look back on his childhood and wish that he actually had one to look back on.

voorhese

Smash Master
hey all, bad news, in my grandmas will she wanted to just die, if she had to be on life support, then after awhile she changed her mind and said she was scared to die, but then like 2 days later she got really sick, and since her changing her mind wasnt on paper there gonna let her die.......it sucks, cuz i know she doesnt want to die, but cant help her

edit: and idk if they already let her go or not

_kSo_

Smash Master
hey all, bad news, in my grandmas will she wanted to just die, if she had to be on life support, then after awhile she changed her mind and said she was scared to die, but then like 2 days later she got really sick, and since her changing her mind wasnt on paper there gonna let her die.......it sucks, cuz i know she doesnt want to die, but cant help her

That sucks a lot man...I'm sorry for what you're going through. It is indeed quite a tragic incident when one of your loved ones is on their death bed. Stay strong.

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
"I feel it's a waste of time playing video games because it's not helping humanity in any way"

Ok, now I wanna punch this kid. I'd like to see how martial arts or scuba diving made a more significant improvement to humanity.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace

I'm really sorry to hear about that, dude. As Alan said, stay strong and you'll make it through these difficult times. We'll keep you two in our thoughts and in our prayers.

soap

Smash Hero
I would like to see this kid beat your ***.

Or die in a car accident. That would be funny to me.

what is he gonna slap me with his plastic broadsword?

i hated the kid before i got to the end bit about videogames. Good **** getting into community college at 8 years old or whatever and thinking u r better than people.

lol, advancing humanity 24/7, no time for potty breaks

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
Ya dud, fo sho. I'm gonna be teaching you chumps how to play double deck Euchre. That single deck crap is for queers. It's just that we'll need a fourth person to play.:urg:
Yo, I'm up for euchre. Two decks is gonna be r-I-Diculous. But, i'm gonna be gone for part of either saturday or sunday. I'ma find out later.

And, Vorhese. sorry to hear about that. Hope you can pull through.

soap

Smash Hero
o ****, just saw the voorhese post.

i thought that euphanasia stuff was illegal regardless.

i may be behind the times.

that also seems like one of those decisions i would not want to make on a will because you don't know what u really want until you are in that situation. But if she did want to die, would u be able to respect her decision and let go? It's very tough either way

I'm unfamiliar with the legal loopholes and what-not but is there nothing that you or your parents can do?

I don't see how they can legally obligate a doctor or nurse to kill somebody anyways.

A very sad scenario. Best of luck.

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman

hey voorhese sorry to hear about your grandma. its not easy to let go but keep your head up and seek comfort in knowing that she is no longer here to suffer in this world, God will take care of her. Praying for your family

'Fro

Smash Lord
Oh,man.... Dylan, sorry to hear that. Hang in there, kiddo. It's a tough experience, but Bryan already pointed out why this could be a blessing in disguise.

Also, I'm home, safe and sound. Getting used to the heat again is gonna be wierd. I'm also jet lagging pretty hardcore, as it is now 4:24 in the morning.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332

yo dylan, i am really sorry to hear that... ;_;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36QngswWs5o
a little song for you.

Stay strong, as you used to be.

voorhese

Smash Master
good to hear everyone cares, not that i expected otherwise, i will try to come to the next smashfest i after this one if its this satturday, to see everyone, and show off my rusty a$$ fox..... smash helps me get my mind off of things

and to anyone that cares, limits is the boss down here now, he beat my fox like 3-7 matches today (he doesnt play, he just punishes me for being a voorhese, and teching crap in place, then eating dsmash) he plays sheik

idk im sure ill be ok about my grandma, death really doesnt effect me as much as the rest of my family, the only problem with this is that she doesnt want to die idk im not a very religeous person and dont beleive in a plan, i just think its more of like bad luck that this is happening

Gauthic Von B Schönen

Smash Journeyman
So, hello everyone! This is Brett again and I'm out in California. Anyways, given the impending release of Actress Again and Blazblue for console, I was wondering if anybody would be interested in playing either of those regularly.

Oh, and California is great.

My friends are terrible at Smash though.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
idk im sure ill be ok about my grandma, death really doesnt effect me as much as the rest of my family, the only problem with this is that she doesnt want to die idk im not a very religeous person and dont beleive in a plan, i just think its more of like bad luck that this is happening
its ok im not religious either. its not bad luck, its just how things turn out.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I'll be praying for you and your family. God Bless.

EDIT:

So I can't come to the tourney due to previous commitments. I was playing some melee this morning and crazy stuff happened.

*A level 3 fox ledgeteched my bair on FD.

*At poke stadium, fire place. I was on left side, I jumped> walljumped off of tree> wave land back towards the center of the stage on that little brown platform... too sexy. It was all fluid and stuff too. I was like "... (you can do that?!?!?!) that was sexy..."

I wish I could come today, I really want to play some smash. ARe there going to be any smashfests soon? Draco, you are low on dough? I'll give you some pocket change to hold a smashfest, I'll even bring you a soda :). (I've got no job either.. but I don't have many costs...)

Also, it looks very good for me going to Purdue when I graduate. I'd say there's a 90:10 chance of me getting a $8,000 a year scholarship a year there[The trustee's scholarship], and if I get there I'll go there for sure. (8 grand a year + living at home =cheap college)

voorhese

Smash Master
idk i might be able to come today if my friends want to go, i have 2 friends holding smashfests at there open house, but there on the same day

also like i was saying before is that limitz is good now, i used to be able to 1v2 or 1v3 him and his friends, but now its like if i hit his partner once he punishes me, i always thought if someone is good at teams get the kills on there partner, so that they will take lives, but limitz wont let you kill his partner lol, ill like start a combo, and then he will stop it and from zero to death combo me lol, he wants to learn tech but he thinks its kinda hard

i need to teach him all the gimps sheik has on the edge also
faithkeeper where do u live, maybe you could come play here with me and limitz

_kSo_

Smash Master
Joonz

Due to the low amount of interest/confirmed attendance, this tournament looks like it will only be a free "bragging rights" round robin tournament. If enough people show, we will proceed with the $5 entry as per usual. However, as of now, it does not look like that is going to happen.

Sorry for the last minute notice.

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
So, hello everyone! This is Brett again and I'm out in California. Anyways, given the impending release of Actress Again and Blazblue for console, I was wondering if anybody would be interested in playing either of those regularly.
Yo, I'm totally down for getting into the BlazBlue scene. One of my friends and I are going to buy it on the release day. Heh, smash might just have to take a back seat far a few weeks.

I haven't heard of Actress Again, though. Maybe I'll look into it.

As per your "friends" you should get new ones.

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
Hi my name is brett im in california and everyone sux at smash.

Johns?

Norcal/socal forums --> find good smashers

'Fro

Smash Lord
fro, what city r u from?
I'm from Riyadh, capital city of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. :)

Also, I've refrained from practicing Smash right as I got back so as not to piss off my dad. I should be getting back to practice soon, though. I also have a really SLOW connection, so watching matches might prove difficult as well.

voorhese

Smash Master
I'm from Riyadh, capital city of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. :)

Also, I've refrained from practicing Smash right as I got back so as not to piss off my dad. I should be getting back to practice soon, though. I also have a really SLOW connection, so watching matches might prove difficult as well.
lol sounds a lot like where im at right now, the not being able to play, or watch matches situation

edit: some scruby A$$ ganon player might enter the tourney next time i come, his name is like jayson vore hies or something idk but hes pretty decent (again) ;)

'Fro

Smash Lord
there r other smashers in saudi arabia?
If by Smashers you mean people who play with items on and teams with no team attack, then the answer is yes.

Also, hooked the 'Cube back up. My controllers have gathered so much grime in the time I've been away, but they'll do. My TV makes Marth look tan.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Cody Speer showed you that didn't he? .... I showed it to him. ... I thought the "Hail Satan" part was hilarious though... (always seem to find things that are supposed to offend me funny... I'm not sure why...)
It's stupid. People's obsession over one thing ruins a lot of things for me. How am I supposed to enjoy something when 23496812390861023985612908364501892365901823508935908162 other people are on my case that I don't express how I feel about things. Simply put. if I'm not amused, why bother with more stupidity? I'm sorry if my feelings are lame over things that differ from most people, but amongst most people that know me, how often do I over express myself on things? This is what depression has hurt and/or changed me.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
It's stupid. People's obsession over one thing ruins a lot of things for me. How am I supposed to enjoy something when 23496812390861023985612908364501892365901823508935908162 other people are on my case that I don't express how I feel about things. Simply put. if I'm not amused, why bother with more stupidity? I'm sorry if my feelings are lame over things that differ from most people, but amongst most people that know me, how often do I over express myself on things? This is what depression has hurt and/or changed me.
By all means, express how you feel. I had no intention of conveying anything negative by my statement. There's nothing wrong with not thinking it's funny. I apologize.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
By all means, express how you feel. I had no intention of conveying anything negative by my statement. There's nothing wrong with not thinking it's funny. I apologize.
No, I must be the one to apologize to you, and to everyone else. I wasn't meaning to be completely blunt.

Top Bottom