• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

voorhese

Smash Master
you're right but u still spelled it wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Voorhees

didnt you hear the story on the voorhese name yet?

when i was in 5th grade i liked to watch the friday the 13th movies, and at about that same time i made a yahoo account, and since i couldnt use jason_voorhees , because someone had it. So i tried jason_voorhese, and still was taken so it gace 3 suggestions, and one was jason_voorhese329

as for smashboards, i wasnt reading and put jason_voorhese329 in the username place instead of the name i wanted (i thought it was confirm e-mail) i wanted SAYLER which is my last name

just a little history lesson..... and i didnt misspell it, i spelled it wrong on purpose so i could have an account name similar to jason_voorhees

SleepyK

Banned via Administration

when i was in 5th grade i liked to watch the friday the 13th movies, and at about that same time i made a yahoo account, and since i couldnt use jason_voorhees , because someone had it. So i tried jason_voorhese, and still was taken so it gace 3 suggestions, and one was jason_voorhese329

as for smashboards, i wasnt reading and put jason_voorhese329 in the username place instead of the name i wanted (i thought it was confirm e-mail) i wanted SAYLER which is my last name

just a little history lesson..... and i didnt misspell it, i spelled it wrong on purpose so i could have an account name similar to jason_voorhees
spelling it wrong on purpose = misspelling.

misspell does not have anything to do with accidents.

also how'd the tournament go?

annnnd

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224069
come to this, please.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
These 3 men went out for a camp high in the mountains. When it was night, they all huddled up in a tent right next to each other. They were freezing and hugged each other to keep warm until they eventually fell asleep. When they woke up in the morning, a man sleeping on the right side said "I had a dream that someone was holding my penis." The man on the left said "I had a dream that someone was holding my penis too!" Then the man in between them said "I had a dream that I was skiing!!!"

voorhese

Smash Master
spelling it wrong on purpose = misspelling.

misspell does not have anything to do with accidents.

also how'd the tournament go?

annnnd

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224069
come to this, please.
Touché, i always thought misspelling was when you accidently spell something wrong, but then again i always fail english classes lol

edit: is that pc chris is the middle of your sig?

SleepyK

yes, it is! he's doing it wrong, actually.

also please come to TO5 :D

voorhese i still can't replicate your ganon superwd exactly. ask maus, i get close but i can't do it like you yet.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
These 3 men went out for a camp high in the mountains. When it was night, they all huddled up in a tent right next to each other. They were freezing and hugged each other to keep warm until they eventually fell asleep. When they woke up in the morning, a man sleeping on the right side said "I had a dream that someone was holding my penis." The man on the left said "I had a dream that someone was holding my penis too!" Then the man in between them said "I had a dream that I was skiing!!!"
****ing Carl!

voorhese

Smash Master
yes, it is! he's doing it wrong, actually.

also please come to TO5 :D

voorhese i still can't replicate your ganon superwd exactly. ask maus, i get close but i can't do it like you yet.
lol ganon was fun to play, but i really dont play him any more, i got my eyes set on c. falcon now

edit:
Aren't you the guy that made that video about Ganon's super moonwalk?

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
Tourny was good **** this weekend.

Faithkeeper I am glad you made it I saw improvement in you falcon.

Shout out to drephen and soap for rolling down it was fun chillin with you guys. Sorry Drew I had to beat your sheik with yoshi.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
lol ganon was fun to play, but i really dont play him any more, i got my eyes set on c. falcon now

Why's everyone picking up falcon now? Although I must say, for me, falcon's the most fun character, and that's what it's all about.

Tourny was good **** this weekend.

Faithkeeper I am glad you made it I saw improvement in you falcon.

Shout out to drephen and soap for rolling down it was fun chillin with you guys. Sorry Drew I had to beat your sheik with yoshi.
Thanks man, your samus is better too. I still wait for the day that I play you while you are sober and get *****. (besides how you normally beat me)

I guess I'll do mini shoutouts of things that come to mind.

Fro-Thanks for calling me. Also, "feathers of faith" was brilliant, lol.

Dracofox-Thanks for saying "faithkeeper with the epic tech chase!" It's nice to have a moment of glory or two...

anub- Friendlies were lots of fun. Thank you for teching to the right during our last match. What's your name on shoddy? (mine is Faithkeeper... it's usually not taken.) Challange me anytime if you see me on.

Goose- Island. Thanks for teaming.

Kso- Friendlies were good as usual.

All others-pick one

A) I don't know who you are.

B) I don't have much to say to you.

C) I did know you, but have forgotten temporarily.

D) I did have something to say to you, but have forgotten temporarily.

GGs all

voorhese

Smash Master
Why's everyone picking up falcon now? Although I must say, for me, falcon's the most fun character, and that's what it's all about.
well my friend needed help with his falcon matchup, and he thinks falcon is like my best character, and hes talking me into picking him up

SleepyK

i'm not sure he does, though.

from what maus tells me he NEVER enters anything

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman

ummm voorhese...no its not...your last name is vorhese not sayler you torbson.

soap

Smash Hero

he told me he feels its unfair to enter local purdue stuff cuz they can't really compete with him and he feels like he would just be taking their money.

i wish drephen was as noble down here in c-bus haha, the greedy *******.

But i mean, they have some guys that are serious about getting better (fro, goose, kso, draco etc.) and i think playing cunning in a tourney setting would help them get better IN TOURNEY. unlimited time sessions sound mad fun and all but nothing can replace tourney settings for preparing u in a set against other TOP players. 5$ is not 2 much every few weeks to fight for the chance to face cunning in the finals.

And for big events like jab1 when a bunch of good players came (tink, kels, jiano), cunning dont u still like competing yourself?

not trying to tell u how to do stuff, just curious. (ive had the school johns+sick of smash johns myself for a while and just started to get back into the game recently, so i understand if thats how u feel)

Jayford

Smash Lord
anub- Friendlies were lots of fun. Thank you for teching to the right during our last match. What's your name on shoddy? (mine is Faithkeeper... it's usually not taken.) Challange me anytime if you see me on..

Good games man. Your Falcon has gotten like 1000000000000000000000000000000x better. In regards to shoddy I forgot my account name LOL, but its probably along the lines of AnubisOcelot or Jayford. I'll message you when I remember it.

Also: I think I left my DS at the house. It should be on the right side of the TV in the study room. If it is just put it some where and I'll grab it next time I am up there.

Shout Outs:

Goose: Thanks for the ride up and the friendlies. I think my Fox and Puff finally are getting somewhat decent.

BRAIN! : Thanks for the ride back down. Good stuff in teams even tho we got rocked LOL. Also awesome friendlies.

Alan: GG at the money match. Shine > then the ICs =/. We'll have to do some more Fox dittos. Those are way to much fun.

Fro: Good stuff with the Marth. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Kirk: Ness's up B is too good. I am pro at woobing kills with it :p. Good stuff against Drephen.

Anthony: MM in talking?

Craig: Our Pokemon battle was pretty epic, we'll have to play some on Shoddy.

Draco: Good friendlies.

D.J: Thanks for your car, and Fro.

Hippy: lolwut at all those glitches.

Soap: Good stuff in pools. PK Thunder Tail Whip -> PK Thunder 2 -> Stage Spike is toooo good LOLOLOLOL.

Drephen: Your Lugi is toooo gooood.

Theo: You woobson, getting stuck under the chair.

If I forgot anyone sorry.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
poop

he told me he feels its unfair to enter local purdue stuff cuz they can't really compete with him and he feels like he would just be taking their money.

i wish drephen was as noble down here in c-bus haha, the greedy *******.

But i mean, they have some guys that are serious about getting better (fro, goose, kso, draco etc.) and i think playing cunning in a tourney setting would help them get better IN TOURNEY. unlimited time sessions sound mad fun and all but nothing can replace tourney settings for preparing u in a set against other TOP players. 5$ is not 2 much every few weeks to fight for the chance to face cunning in the finals.

And for big events like jab1 when a bunch of good players came (tink, kels, jiano), cunning dont u still like competing yourself?

not trying to tell u how to do stuff, just curious. (ive had the school johns+sick of smash johns myself for a while and just started to get back into the game recently, so i understand if thats how u feel)
lol i tell him this like everyday...he is the master of JOHNS :D

also, another important reminder: pichu and kirby are BANNED from this tourny.
we need this rule at SSBO plz.

also this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC9WUT4tyLk&feature=channel_page

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
@anub: Thanks a lot. I've been working on (especially when we played) playing smarter.. That's really hard for me because all I play usually is CPU's. I can get faster with them, but they are limiting, and people still make you play faster. (fastest I've played was probably sometime against DEX's fox...)

also, Carl mentioned something like Lavos for you.... ring any bells?

I've heard, I don't know how good he is compared to drephen, but I figured that he might enter when drephen came.

Wow.

Jayford

Smash Lord
@anub: Thanks a lot. I've been working on (especially when we played) playing smarter.. That's really hard for me because all I play usually is CPU's. I can get faster with them, but they are limiting, and people still make you play faster. (fastest I've played was probably sometime against DEX's fox...)

also, Carl mentioned something like Lavos for you.... ring any bells
Carl is talking about the other Jay lol. But yeah I just made a new account under the name Jayford. I am making my team now, so when ever you want to play just hit me up.

SleepyK

haha, sounds like some super johns to me, too.
who would turn down free tournament money?
jonez jonez jonez. CunningJohnsune

how's comin down to GA in sept looking for you folks?

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master

it would have to be august. august 1 is SMYM10, so it would have to be after that and before school starts, which should be around the 18th.

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
BRAIN! : Thanks for the ride back down. Good stuff in teams even tho we got rocked LOL. Also awesome friendlies.
yeah jay no problem for the ride anytime man. as for those friendlies they were a lot of fun we'll have to do some more real soon. shouts later when im not lazy...which will probably be never...i know what you're thinking ill just go ahead and say it, " YOU BRAYN!"

soap

Smash Hero
Soap: Good stuff in pools. PK Thunder Tail Whip -> PK Thunder 2 -> Stage Spike is toooo good LOLOLOLOL.
lol, johns.

why didn't u go ice babies? or falcon? or... anything besides ness. u definitely coulda made it outta pools prolly. but good games, regardless.

kso - good pools set. U gave my sheik trouble that morning, so i figured id try out my secondaries. Falco is so much easier for fox though, i just spam utilts and then just shine back air if i connect lolol. ****ing kels strategies.

Fro - good pools and brackets set. Remember dont rely on CC, good players will never give it to u. Keep moving, ftilt.

kirkq - You are pretty unnervingly patient. good spacing. Fade away dair-fsmash is like so2006 lol, **** ***** me.

Kirk Q's partner - sorry i forgot your username, u were solid, keep playing.

DJ - u r hilarious, u made the weekend.

goose - team friendlies friday night were legit. Keep improving.

Zoro - ***** Zorbo. Keep working on that goofy link.

burrito - Burrito angles.

microwave - lol, u r a microwave.

voorhese - ***** voorhese i heard u r like the jman of the midwest, i wanted to play u.

k these shoutouts were just me procrastinating for my test. sorry if i forgot stuff.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord

_kSo_

Smash Master
S3BO VIII Results

Sorry for the delay. Foobs.

Doubles
1: Team Cheap (Drephen + Soap) - $50.00
2: Lick up... (Kirkq + Joey) - $20.00
3: Splash Mountain ('Fro + Hippy)
4: I don't Fair (Dracofox + Mr. H)
5: The Goose Islands (Goosefactor + Faithkeeper)
5: Torbs! (Anub + AC_Burito)
7: Can't Handle teh missles (KSO + DeezNutz)

Pools
1: Team Cheap
1: Splash Mountain
3: Lick up...
3: I Don't Fair
5: The Goose Islands
5: Torbs!
7: Can't Handle Teh Missles

Singles
1: Drephen - $40.00
2: Kirkq - $10.00
3: Goosefactor
4: Soap
5: 'Fro
5: Kso
7: Hippy
7: Anub
9: DeezNutz
9: AC_Burito (by forfeit)

Pools
1: Drephen
1: Kirkq
3: Goosefactor
3: Soap
5: Hippy
5: 'Fro
7: AC_Burito
7: Kso
9: DeezNutz
9: Anub

This weekend was indeed filled with major torbs. Too lazy for elaborations right now. Needz more hobs to cobs

also, happy birthday kirkq like 40 minutes ago lol

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
you were getting close. Voorhese is too good.

Traitor.

can only clearly recall top 5
1.drephen
2.kirkq
3. goose
4.soap
5.fro
thanks.
so drephen won, eh...
Kirk. why did you lose?
dayum kirk.

Matt, from now one, your modesty does not do anything. >_>
you always get in top 3, there is no such luck that keeps you in top 3.
BE A MAN.

Cunning should have entered... Did they do any friendlies that were recorded?
cunning is mad good.

i want to see how he performs in tourney now compared to 3 years ago

Anthony entered 'ONCE' in Big tourney.
beside that, he NEVER entered one.

lol CunningJohnsune. lololol

oh well, they better come down in 2nd week of August.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Kit will do what he wants. Either way, respect his choice. Your johns are worse than Kit's johns. Most of us can be thankful that he'll even help us out with what we need to improve on or even play us at all.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Just got home. Shoutouts and responses from like the past three pages that I missed will come later cuz me be very tired.

Maus, the trip is still in the process. When exactly would you be able to come back? The idea is to have at LEAST three people come. Hopefully everything will work out.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Shout outs

Fro- Gg's dude. Glad that we got to hang out again before you head back home for the summer. And ty for the beer. =D

Goose- Gg's in teams. That final stock on FD was epic between me and you. But you pulled it though. Next time, I'm it won't happen again.

Faith- Your tech chasing has gotten so much better since the last time we played. Keep it up with the improvements.

Soap and Drephen- You probably don't remember me, but I was the guy with the red hat. Thank you guys for coming down town. I know that I didn't get to hold a conversation with you guys, but the teams match what Mr. H and I went against ya was a pretty good challenge. Also, friendlies the night before with fun. Hopefully we'll see you both more this summer or I'll try to show up to some tournaments out side of Indiana.

Jay- Seriously, keep up with working with jiggs and fox. There is a lot of potential going for you with those two. But drop the Mango tag.

Hippy- So tell me, have you been studying match up against Marth? Also, drop the XIF tag. HIPY works just as good with the beasting you were doing in teams.

Anthony- As usual, when I request to play against you for a little bit. It never happens. But there is always another time. Sorry that you got rolled by the flu over the weekend. Anyways, get better soon.

Alan- Gg's in teams man. And ty again for letting me crash at your place.

Kirk- Get a new hair style. And tell your friend that I bought some cherries on Sunday. I did put them in a bowl.

D.J.- Ty for offering me a beer. It was yummy, and gg's in friendlies. Your SWD was working well for you, but don't get too friendly with it though.

Overall, I had a good time. I'm sorry I didn't give any of you guys a call on Sunday to hangout. I will see you guys soon hopefully. I need to fix my Smash crave that grows strong every two weeks. Btw, I have someone's hoody. If someone is missing it. Say something.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Maus, the trip is still in the process. When exactly would you be able to come back? The idea is to have at LEAST three people come. Hopefully everything will work out.
I can come anytime in 2nd Week of August.

my schedule will depend on you guys.

if you guys will come to GA on Tuesday, I will get there by Monday or Early Tuesday. >_>
something like this.

Top Bottom