• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mass Bros 3 Results and Shoutouts

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Brawl Doubles
1: Slobs (Fatal + obm) ($72.00)- If I got that double spike the first match, it would have been epic. As always, Picto ftw, and nice games all around.
2: IcyKevin (Icylight + Kevin) ($36.00) Good as always.
3: Sunshine Rainbow Cruise (Turtle + JL) ($12.00) Good work in doubles, its always hard to partner with someone that doesn't know the ins and outs of bananas so we did pretty well...
4: Cartoon Heroes (Riot + Ace) I was so nervous when it was Ace vs. JL that one game, you almost made a comeback.

Brawl Singles
1: The Spaceman(Fatal thinks he's cool or something...) ($168.00) (Snake) Nice friendlies, btw Dash Attack combos into everything except Side B, so it does combo into Dair, but the percents have to be perfect (For some moves only 0-1% margin), otherwise you can Air Dodge it. Good Luck with ADHD, and don't get reamed against him in singles…
2: Icylight ($84.00) (Olimar) Too good, any chance the Icy v. OBM matches were recorded?
3: omegablackmage ($28.00) (Mr. Game and Watch/Wario)
4: Bloodcross(Falco) - Ugh, Falcos too annoying. I have a surprise for next time.
7: JayL(Falco) - Good job.
9: I Laughed When They Shot Old Yeller(Ace) Nice tournament
9: Turtle People are asking what happened so…My sleep schedule got off due to finals (Stay up all night to do project/study, sleep during the day after the class) so I didn't sleep the night before, I was doing fine against Fatal in friendlies, but I could really feel it before singles started…Bloodcross and JL did play well, but I didn't really punish that much or shield that many lasers, anyone watching could have probably noticed and the fact that I dropped Diddy for most of the games just shows how frustrated I was...

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
"4: Cartoon Heroes (Riot + Ace) I was so nervous when it was Ace vs. JL that one game, you almost made a comeback."

My survival Diddy is weirdly better than my standard Diddy. I'm so annoyed about that grenade. I think I coulda taken it to game 3 if I knew it was there. I was DIing Utilts and Ftilts well enough that grenade shouldn't have gotten me. Good stuff though guys. You two definatly did really well.

Zindura

Smash Cadet
This was the first tourny that Dylan (Bro), myself (I used the handle Turnip), and ZenBasis had attended.

I can't tell you how refreshed we were to have our ***** handed to us. I practically came when I was waveshined-to-upsmashed by Roman.

Massive props to Spife and Shadowball for showing us the ropes and chatting with us.

We're all from UMass, so if any other M*******s are having a get-together or tourny nearby, PM us up. We need to get better.

Spife

Smash Master
tagged
shouties later

I'm still irate at the attendance rate. My appy polly logies go out to Maine (for a ride getting botched) and KMan (for home issues, :( ) but like, MA was missing 10 or so melee players.

Made new UMass friends though. Now that's like, 8-10 of you ****ers who are 30 minutes away :bee:

IcyLight

Smash Lord
Melee Singles

1: Roman ($39.00) -- **** fox dittos was fun. at least i took you out of winners in grand finals, makes me feel a little bit better for getting my *** handed to me in winners finals
2: Icylight ($19.50)
3: omegablackmage ($6.50) -- **** your jiggly puff. it reminds me of your wario >_<
4: Aesir
5: Spife
5: Haitian V
7: Irish Mafia
7: Shadowball
9: turnips
9: King Floppy
9: pat
9: dylan
13: Mini

Brawl Singles

1: The Spaceman(Fatal thinks he's cool or something...) ($168.00) (Snake) -- i'm starting to get the hang of the snake matchup, courtesy of oli boards :DD i'm hoping to finally take you out once and for all! ggs though, looking forward to seeing how much better we all get after APEX
2: Icylight ($84.00) (Olimar)
3: omegablackmage ($28.00) (Mr. Game and Watch/Wario) --Very nice set, one of the only players to actually make me nervous in tourney. I never get nervous, **** good wario. I think you would have beaten me on Brinstar had I not played the map so much (being my old counterpick)...looking forward to playing again
4: Bloodcross(Falco) -- you are getting too good and too gay, grats :D
5: Kevin/Bizkit(Snake) -- sucks we had to play twice in tourney, glad i'm getting the hang of snake our matches are becoming crazier :D
9: Turtle -- **** man, we need to help you find a way to beat the falco's that was really unlucky having to face two good ones back to back. keep working at it, it's like my snake matchup ><
i had a lot of fun at this tourney, yet somehow melee singles still managed to run a while for only being 13 people, it's mind ****ing all of us :D

I plan on my tournament being on June 13th, i am going to call Digital Mayhem right now, located in wallingford, CT. cya all at almo's after apex!

zeppelin-2000

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone! This is Dylan (bro), finally getting around to making an account around here. I had a great time with everyone, and it felt good to get my *** kicked by you guys. As Zindura said, it was our first tournament and we haven't had a real taste for the competitive scene, but expect to see us again in the future, and we'll be getting better!

Shadowball, Spife and Irish Mafia, great games and friendlies.. you're making me realize how much better I can get. I enjoyed the games with everyone else there, but I can't remember exactly who i played against. And props for playing a good mewtwo Shadow! o.O Mafia, I'm glad I can say i got waveshined by someone. And Spife, i want to see some videos of me getting combo'd soon!

Roman, you definitely made me realize i need to get better... i want to see more of you're falcon! And yes, I'm going to be practicing after this, haha.

Zen, Zindura and I need some good people to play with so we can get better. We all go to umass so we're around. Spife, get in touch with us if you're ever in the mood to play, I'm sure we can make ourselves available. It's the only way we'll get better, because here we were, thinking we knew how to play melee, haha. I look forward to seeing you all again! Great games!

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
1: Fatal - stop being so cocky, its annoying. learn a little humility. i like winning just as much as the next guy, you ever see me jump up after a match? ever see me shoot people down?
2: Icylight - i underestimated you, i'll come up with some new olimar strats : ) good job
4: Bloodcross(Falco) - you've gotten better, but gw v falco still is a hard fight
5: Kevin/Bizkit - good stuff in teams, wario is scaaaary
5: Andee - didn't play you, but gj on 5th
7: Riot - same, but good stuff taking jl out on game 2
7: JayL - steppin it up, good to see. we'll practice more this week.
9: Mini - 9th? daaaaamn good job mang
9: I Laughed When They Shot Old Yeller - sorry, but wario v diddy is a gay matchup. Learn to punish mistakes more (longer combos) and the matchups won't be so annoying. When all you get out of a mistake is a banana toss, ya the matchup is gunna feel campy. If you combo me outta the banana tosses, you'll rack up damage much faster, and the kills will come easier.
9: Turtle - good stuff in teams, you guys did well.
13: L-T - nice job mang, good to see you

guy who i played who used lucario - gg's

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Btw OBM, you have alot of fanboys LOL.

Both of our sets (WPI too), people were like "OMG OBM SEX ME NAO" and ****. Screaming in my ear lol... johns <3 But seriously I need to ****ing buy an iPod to block atmosphere of crowd (used earplugs yesterday but they kept coming off, they were *****es).

WIsh GAW was easy like Kirby :(

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
1: Fatal - stop being so cocky, its annoying. learn a little humility. i like winning just as much as the next guy, you ever see me jump up after a match? ever see me shoot people down?
2: Icylight - i underestimated you, i'll come up with some new olimar strats : ) good job
4: Bloodcross(Falco) - you've gotten better, but gw v falco still is a hard fight
9: I Laughed When They Shot Old Yeller - sorry, but wario v diddy is a gay matchup. Learn to punish mistakes more (longer combos) and the matchups won't be so annoying. When all you get out of a mistake is a banana toss, ya the matchup is gunna feel campy. If you combo me outta the banana tosses, you'll rack up damage much faster, and the kills will come easier.

Haitian V has read this post and agrees with OBM. Fatal you have been warned by Haitian V son!:laugh:

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
ha ha ipod has failed me. long time ago i tried using ipod, and then i wasn't paying attention on frigate a few times... BAM stage flips and i die. just be careful if you do use an ipod

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
any stage with noise cues, not matter how small, could potentially hurt you. Those being, norfair, halberd, frigate, ps1, etc. Some of those are just small noises, but if your used to hearing them, you might not be notified like you are used to, and could get smacked by something, etc.

Spife

Smash Master
Shouties

1: Roman: train me, good **** on first, we need ot play more
2: Icylight: had a lot of fun playing your ganon, probably the most fun came from that match actually.
3: omegablackmage: we didn't talk or hang out or nothing, I'll say hi next time.
4: Aesir: The sheik tunic is a very good tunic, but the regular tunics aren't, dunno why we insist on playing eachother in such trashy garb.
5: Spife: Play better
5: Haitian V: fun playing SF and hanging out with you, close matches, wish I took a game.
7: Irish Mafia: you gave me a run for my money, I'll have to rework my starts vs peach and get back at you another time.
7: Shadowball: good to meet you, very chill you are, glad you play other characters than mewtwo (I main Link and I've heard my fair share of "Quit"s lol). Keep up that determination
9: turnips: I forget if we played >.<
9: King Floppy: I wish you played more/a better character than kirby >_>
9: pat: glad to find more umass players, will keep in touch with you guys
9: dylan: same as with pat, also impressed with your falcon abilities despite not knowing the ruleset (you can't blame me lol)
13: Mini: :confused:

@ the UMassers: will keep in touch, I know of about 5-7 smashers from umass (who play melee) excluding you guys. There's probably more, you guys should get together and start a club. Don't know how much more they'll play with the semester coming to an end but I'm sure after the summer they'll start again.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DropHydroSkirmish
^Vids, 10 matches, 5 sets. They're there. Go find them. Etc etc.
Might make a more detailed post but not right now.

Edit: a big unhappy face goes to everyone who didn't/couldn't make it. Mass has way more players, Melee alone could have been 10-15 bigger with MA alone.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
ah yeah, thats another huge issue riot, many characters have audio clues as to when their moves will hit you as well. another thing to keep in mind.

Aesir

Smash Master
1: Roman- Jesus, I knew you got better, but holy ****. Keep it mang.
2: Icylight- Some day, you'll go sheik against me and regret it.
3: omegablackmage- Play melee more, she's an alright *****, and not as easy as that brawl ****.
4: Aesir- Wut?
5: Spife- Link dittos are kind of boring now aren't they? =\
5: Haitian V- Your DK scares me. =(
7: Irish Mafia- Who are you? ..>_>
7: Shadowball- Stick with the marth, you got the right idea.
9: turnips- Lol sucks your first round was against me, you need to camp a bit more but I think you got the right idea.
9: King Floppy- Who are you?
9: pat- If you're that peach player my shout out is the same as turnips.
9: dylan- Stop being an excitable falcon, you would do so much better if you just took your time more.
13: Mini- No idea.

So Fatal

Smash Master

It's a competitive game and the reason I play it is because I like to compete I put a lot of work into becoming as good as I am and I have the right to enjoy myself when I win. I never talk **** to anybody I beat"

O and **** tom, you were an *** to my friend scrub and wouldn't give him his wii when he asked for it. thats pretty lame bro

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
ah yeah, thats another huge issue riot, many characters have audio clues as to when their moves will hit you as well. another thing to keep in mind.
I also have a tendency, at time, to edgeguard by noise.

You can hear when an UpB starts and on some characters that's when you punish. Noise plays a lot of small roles that you don't even notice. When I played Peachkid on a TV with no sound I could barely play. wasn't even sure if I was catching my bananas cause I didn't hear it. It's really weird.

Hell when I played you Bloodcross I don't know if you noticed but I was shielding the silent lazers less than the standard ones.

Yeah. I know. I talked alot about how that match up killed my drive for the day, and it kinda did. I've been going over it and the day and Diddy in my head all day and I think the major problem was that my first match of the day, in singles, was a GaW. Than he went Falco. Than a Metaknight, than Your GaW/Wario, than a Sonic.

In most of those match ups it's alot of waiting for your opening and than trying to combo as hard as you can. It was just that day was filled with those annoying match ups that you have to play really slow and campy and it got to me. I got proggesively sloppier playing you and you were reading me better.

You're right though, part of my problem is my Banana Combos have been getting lazier. Alot lazier. I need to just deal with the couple boring match ups and deal with it. Going over it today there aren't that many I have to go slow in. And if I could tighten up my combos, like you said, it'll seem alot less sloppy. Sorry about how much I talked about it and stuff, it just really got to me today... all the camping killed me after awhile and threw me off for my next match.

Like I told Buu though, you played the match up right, I can't blame you for playing smart and being good. I'll be back for revenge sir. I'm gunna be revamping my playstyle where I can and tightening up my game. I'll see you in Grand Finals Corey.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
@bro: I'll waveshine you all night bby :D
naw but I liked your falcon. Just press b more, you'll be cool like me.

@MDM: My ride had to go, I was ready to get down and homo with meta.
@MDZ: i woulda taken out roman had we met in brackets lol
naw he'd have killed me but I'm getting better
@spife: just don't use bombs. that was the only thing that prompted you to crouch cancel, and it got me more than it should.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
It's a competitive game and the reason I play it is because I like to compete I put a lot of work into becoming as good as I am and I have the right to enjoy myself when I win. I never talk **** to anybody I beat"

O and **** tom, you were an *** to my friend scrub and wouldn't give him his wii when he asked for it. thats pretty lame bro
I was trying to explain to him what was going on and he wouldn't let me. Your friend thought I was trying to steal it and I wasn't and he was refusing to let me explain instead just yelled at me. When he stop yelling at me that was when I gave it back. Next time I am suggesting this to any tourney host get some labels to put on the systems so there is no confusion.

Matt next time instead of making an asumption about something get both sides of the story before you pass final judgment.

So Fatal

Smash Master
I was trying to explain to him what was going on and he wouldn't let me. Your friend thought I was trying to steal it and I wasn't and he was refusing to let me explain instead just yelled at me. When he stop yelling at me that was when I gave it back .
that don't sound to bad but still , if someone doesn't know you and asks for his Wii back you should give it back lol

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
You Dirty Thief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol that's what Haitian V does son!:laugh:

On a serious note Matt be careful about boasting after matches because it could turn into a really bad situation. I understand that you want to express your emotions after winning a tourney but be careful because you never know how the other person is going to act. The smash scene is a little more understanding about this but I only been as far as NY so I can't speak for most of the smash scene and if you decided to go into a different scene it might be different. I thought every scene was the same and so I acted the same way I did in smash in the SF scene. Luckly I only got punched in the chest but soon after I realized that being humble is a better way to get into someone's head than being a over expressive player.

Spife

Smash Master
@spife: just don't use bombs. that was the only thing that prompted you to crouch cancel, and it got me more than it should.
Nah, not just bombs, first one that I CC'd was a CC dsmash. I need to listen to my advice instead of speak it.

Don't CC the dsmash.

I didn't go sheik cause that's all I do is CC the dsmash

So Fatal

Smash Master
1: The Spaceman(Fatal thinks he's cool or something...) ($168.00) (Snake) get better
2: Icylight ($84.00) (Olimar)- Yeeee Welcome Back. Did i put you down at all at the end of the tournament? If so My bad, I LOVE to win.
3: omegablackmage ($28.00) (Mr. Game and Watch/Wario) GGS dude and were back in doubles. that warios getting gnarly
4: Bloodcross(Falco) So close to top 3!!!! your getting to good now. We didn't get to play! =(
5: Kevin/Bizkit(Snake)- SO CLOSE lol. I thought you had me second game. Gotta work on that momentum game. You werent spot dodgeing/rolling when I thought you were lol.
5: Andee(Sonic) lets play online soon and nice placing lol
7: Riot(Zelda)- GGs dude, I like your friend 0__0
7: JayL(Falco)- Rough day. GGs in doubles
9: I Laughed When They Shot Old Yeller(Ace)- good tournament acey
9: Turtle- Rough day. Fun friendlies dude see you in 2 weeks at almos.
13: Latin- GGs man fun friendlies too

Kid who played Zelda: Fun friendlies lol

Great tournament. Good job ace and friend. see you all at Almos

Zindura

Smash Cadet
Yeah, we didn't play at all, Spife.

@ Aesir: Ew, camp? Sounds so boring.

So Fatal

Smash Master
lol that's what Haitian V does son!:laugh:

On a serious note Matt be careful about boasting after matches because it could turn into a really bad situation. I understand that you want to express your emotions after winning a tourney but be careful because you never know how the other person is going to act. The smash scene is a little more understanding about this but I only been as far as NY so I can't speak for most of the smash scene and if you decided to go into a different scene it might be different. I thought every scene was the same and so I acted the same way I did in smash in the SF scene. Luckly I only got punched in the chest but soon after I realized that being humble is a better way to get into someone's head than being a over expressive player.
Yeah I don't even remmber doing anything after Grand finals but i guess i jumped and stomped and **** lol. I don't do that after every match, just when I win WF/GF.

yea ill get both sides next time cause what scrub said and you said were pretty different

Top Bottom