• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mass Bros 3 Results and Shoutouts

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
Get at MDM's drive to get better!

... inspiring ; )

@ matt: im glad you get excited for winning, but just try to do w/o coming off as arrogant. when i, or anyone else i know, beats you in a match we don't do any silly fist pumps or jump up, i know i never did against you, so i just wonder what warrants it. The way i see it, we've known each other for a while, its not like i trash talk you, or im some guy from outta region that you need to defend your rep against. I feel like theres no reason for you to be getting so excited for beating me, or icy, or whomever, it just makes me respect you a little less every time i see you do it.
don't get me wrong now, having drive to get better is one thing, but expressing your emotions at the expense of others (mainly your friends) isn't worth it. Hell, you go outta state next week, i'll be behind all of your key matches cheering you on, yelling as loud as i can, cuz we gotta put NE on the map. When we all play each other, we're trying to step up our games, reach the next level, not put each other down. Lets just do this one for NE eh? this kinda applys to everyone

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Btw Matt.Zebsicles I only trash talk you because we never get to play and I love you dearly..

Even if you play like a ***ggg <3

LOL @ Mass Madness...

"Is matt shooting thousands of lasers during friendlies like a ****** roman?"

"Yeah wtf"

"Yeah I believe it its cool"

Spife

Smash Master
ace, at the risk of getting your hopes up, I have a wii mote, but it's not yours ;-)

Roman.

Smash Champion
matt why are you like attacking me just because i won a tournament?

MA smashers shouldn't be fighting against eachother, they should be working together to be a better region of smashers

but if i ever see you in bracket, you're so going down =)

Spife

Smash Master

MA smashers shouldn't be fighting against eachother, they should be working together to be a better region of smashers

I can only assume since you left out Spife that when we meet in bracket you'll sand bag and give me a win maybe?

IcyLight

Smash Lord
@ Vigilante very nice El Fuerte. I enjoyed playing ya, not often do i get el fuerte practice. we should def. play some time if you have a 360 add me, my name is IcyLight on XBLive

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero

lol I'm just looking for somebody to be competitive with. Nuro johned out to Brawl.

Btw if I meet you in tournament I'm 2-0ing you.

@KevinM- Pew pew x 1000

So Fatal

Smash Master
Get at MDM's drive to get better!

... inspiring ; )

@ matt: im glad you get excited for winning, but just try to do w/o coming off as arrogant. when i, or anyone else i know, beats you in a match we don't do any silly fist pumps or jump up, i know i never did against you, so i just wonder what warrants it. The way i see it, we've known each other for a while, its not like i trash talk you, or im some guy from outta region that you need to defend your rep against. I feel like theres no reason for you to be getting so excited for beating me, or icy, or whomever, it just makes me respect you a little less every time i see you do it.
don't get me wrong now, having drive to get better is one thing, but expressing your emotions at the expense of others (mainly your friends) isn't worth it. Hell, you go outta state next week, i'll be behind all of your key matches cheering you on, yelling as loud as i can, cuz we gotta put NE on the map. When we all play each other, we're trying to step up our games, reach the next level, not put each other down. Lets just do this one for NE eh? this kinda applys to everyone
I'm not really excited about beating certain players, I get excited to move on in the tournament. I didn't think what I did hurt people or made me look bad. I guess i'll stop. I'm ganna try to rep NE hard at apex, Im seriously shooting for top 5 at this. I have great respect for anyone I beat or beats me .

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
ah yeah, thats another huge issue riot, many characters have audio clues as to when their moves will hit you as well. another thing to keep in mind.
too true, i remember cort in melee being nailed by falcon punches because the volume on the TV was low. audio cues are incredibly important and tbh i really don't understand how anyone can play with headphones

as for showboating, showboating your own region is eh....

but showboating shall commence @ APEX LOL

Spife

Smash Master
too true, i remember cort in melee being nailed by falcon punches because the volume on the TV was low. audio cues are incredibly important and tbh i really don't understand how anyone can play with headphones
so the key to beating court is muting the tv?
HE'LL NEVER SEE THE SKRAAAA COMING!!!!!!

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
the audio cue on Link's Up+B is negligible because the main hitbox occurs at the same time as the sound

Spife

Smash Master
the audio cue on Link's Up+B is negligible because the main hitbox occurs at the same time as the sound
not going to lie, I imagined you in glasses, a white lab coat and you had a pencil behind your ear.
SO SCIENTIFIC!

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
It's easy, try playing when your hard-of-hearing and it all makes sense. Then again that must be why I suck.

Roman is a scrub but GG beating icylight, did he go Ganon or Sheik?

Matt, this job I recently interviewed for, if I get it, makes me drive right past your house.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN

Banks

Smash Hero
i would go and say "OH I SO WOULD HAVE WON MELEE" but if i had gone i'd have th0rn and darc with me so...

I SO WOULD HAVE WON THIS IF I LEFT MAINE WITHOUT TELLING PEOPLE

IcyLight

Smash Lord
arc, i went ganon and fox. my fox has gotten a ton better when i got myself a new controller, i didn't realize getting a new controller would make that much of ad ifference for me. i kinda went ganon 1 set fox the other set against roman, we had amazing fox dittos :D

L-T!

Smash Apprentice
Brawl Singles

1: The Spaceman(Fatal thinks he's cool or something...) ($168.00) (Snake)- Great friendlies. I need to play you more. (I'm that kid who played Zelda)

2: Icylight ($84.00) (Olimar)-I hear nothing but good things about your Olimar, I want to play you too.

3: omegablackmage ($28.00) (Mr. Game and Watch/Wario)-Didn't get to play you at this tourney,and you have a cool Wii. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

4: Bloodcross(Falco)-From what I hear/see you're pretty good. My Zelda is dying to play you.

5: Kevin/Bizkit(Snake)-I remember you from the last SMB, but I never played you.

5: Andee(Sonic)-Your Sonic destroyed my Diddy, I should have stayed Zelda. Good stuff.

7: Riot(Zelda)- Our matches were amazing, I was suprised that I got that close to beating you. I knew I got better, but I didn't think I got THAT much better. Great job getting 7th btw. We need to play more.

7: JayL(Falco)-Great friendlies. I really enjoy playing your Falco.

9: Mini-WTF? 9th? Are you on steroids or something? Good sheet. You need to come over more, so we can get better and work on our teams.

9: Phoenix- I know you were the one with the white outfit, and you were friends with Latin, but I don't know who you play. This must change at the next tournament.

9: I Laughed When They Shot Old Yeller(Ace)- I'M GOING TO STOP RECOVERING LOW UNLESS IT'S NECESSARY!!! I didn't get to play you at this tourney either, I need to play your Diddy again. Great job with this tourney. Your tourey's re always amazing!

9: Turtle- U-Tilt=> Spike? That works? I have to try that stuff out. I HAVE to play your Diddy Kong next tourney.

13: Dan-I remember you! You're that guy that plays like every character, Your ness beat me at the last tourney. I have to play you soon.

13: 777-I'm not sure who this is, but good job getting 13th! you should offer me a friendly next tourney, I'm the kid with the Afro!

13: L-T- Great job! now you just have to get 9th or higher and play everybody you can. Good sheet almost beating Riot. You make me proud.

13: Latin-Don't feel bad about playing Snake, you do what you have to to win. Your DK is really nice though.

17: Harder Gayer Faster Stronger-I have no idea who this is. but you should play matches with me, I'm the kid with the Afro!

17: Randm-Fun free for all matches, although I suck at them, if it was teams though That'd be completely different.

17: Haru- I have no idea who you are, but FIND THE KID WITH THE AFRO AND PLAY HIM IN FRIENDLIES! He needs matches, and he plays much better when he's warmed up.

17: Znoku-I have no idea who you are, but FIND THE KID WITH THE AFRO AND PLAY HIM IN FRIENDLIES! He needs matches, and he plays much better when he's warmed up.

17: Flame Shogun-It all starts with one. Then you eventually beat more people, and before you know it, you're making money.

17: Phil-Your Metaknight is good. Keep up the good work.

17: The World-I've heard your name, but I didn't see you.

17: Ghost-I have no idea who you are, but FIND THE KID WITH THE AFRO AND PLAY HIM IN FRIENDLIES! He needs matches, and he plays much better when he's warmed up.

25: LLPK-I have no idea who you are, but FIND THE KID WITH THE AFRO AND PLAY HIM IN FRIENDLIES! He needs matches, and he plays much better when he's warmed up.

25: Chii-I didn't get to play you, but I wanted to. Your Lucario is good, I'm guessing you had bad bracket placing. Where was Meek? He's not in Singles...

25: Sweets Baby-I have no idea who you are, but FIND THE KID WITH THE AFRO AND PLAY HIM IN FRIENDLIES! He needs matches, and he plays much better when he's warmed up.

25: Base-I have no idea who you are, but FIND THE KID WITH THE AFRO AND PLAY HIM IN FRIENDLIES! He needs matches, and he plays much better when he's warmed up.

25: Durks-I have no idea who you are, but FIND THE KID WITH THE AFRO AND PLAY HIM IN FRIENDLIES! He needs matches, and he plays much better when he's warmed up.

N/A-Hott Announcer Chick (Ari)- Great job yelling. You're good at that. Keep it up!
I was kinda surprised that you knew who I was.

N/A- Buuman- Thanks for the training at my house before the tourney, and then after the tourney. I'm woring on mastering my U-tilt, Pivot grabs, and baiting air-dodges.

N/A-OmegaWhiteMage- We need to smash soon.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
9: Turtle- U-Tilt=> Spike? That works? I have to try that stuff out. I HAVE to play your Diddy Kong next tourney.
Ummm, thats what I did? It might combo...at certain percents. All I know is everything minus Side B combos out of Dash Attack so Dair might combo from Utilt. I only do that stuff against Snake because he has no fast aerials, against other characters, just an Uair/Fair is probably better.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
SideB combos outta DA at a certain percent on some characters. I remember testing it to see if I could combo into on MetaKnight, but it's really weird timing and low percent...

You might be able to find it...

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Good Lord in heaven you guys have been busy here. jeez... *ahem*

@shadowball: I call 6th place because you're a low tier main and my main has dem *******
No Johns son. My Mewtwo ***** your Peach so hard it wasn't even funny. i'm pretty sure she's a little sore actually. :laugh: I bet that our T.V. would've broken had we played eachother in the tourny. I'm not sure how I even got to 7th anyways...

Hey. I entered Melee, and introduced myself to a few people as "Pat." I've never actually played really good people before, and I'm really happy that I came! It was really fun.

Uh, Shadowball and Spife were easily the two nicest people that I met there. And I had a few fun games with Mafia, and a whole bunch of other people. I hope I'll see you guys again in the future, and I'll do my best to improve!
Yeah, we are nice right? :p Now which one were you again? I'm good with faces but terrible with names. esp. with that loud girl straining her voice all the time. *johns*

Hey everyone! This is Dylan (bro), finally getting around to making an account around here. I had a great time with everyone, and it felt good to get my *** kicked by you guys. As Zindura said, it was our first tournament and we haven't had a real taste for the competitive scene, but expect to see us again in the future, and we'll be getting better!

Shadowball, Spife and Irish Mafia, great games and friendlies.. you're making me realize how much better I can get. I enjoyed the games with everyone else there, but I can't remember exactly who i played against. And props for playing a good mewtwo Shadow! o.O Mafia, I'm glad I can say i got waveshined by someone. And Spife, i want to see some videos of me getting combo'd soon!

Roman, you definitely made me realize i need to get better... i want to see more of you're falcon! And yes, I'm going to be practicing after this, haha.

Zen, Zindura and I need some good people to play with so we can get better. We all go to umass so we're around. Spife, get in touch with us if you're ever in the mood to play, I'm sure we can make ourselves available. It's the only way we'll get better, because here we were, thinking we knew how to play melee, haha. I look forward to seeing you all again! Great games!
What's up? Thanks for the Mewtwo shout-out... too bad I actually main Marth D=

Shouties

1: Roman: train me, good **** on first, we need ot play more
2: Icylight: had a lot of fun playing your ganon, probably the most fun came from that match actually.
3: omegablackmage: we didn't talk or hang out or nothing, I'll say hi next time.
4: Aesir: The sheik tunic is a very good tunic, but the regular tunics aren't, dunno why we insist on playing eachother in such trashy garb.
5: Spife: Play better
5: Haitian V: fun playing SF and hanging out with you, close matches, wish I took a game.
7: Irish Mafia: you gave me a run for my money, I'll have to rework my starts vs peach and get back at you another time.
7: Shadowball: good to meet you, very chill you are, glad you play other characters than mewtwo (I main Link and I've heard my fair share of "Quit"s lol). Keep up that determination
9: turnips: I forget if we played >.<
9: King Floppy: I wish you played more/a better character than kirby >_>
9: pat: glad to find more umass players, will keep in touch with you guys
9: dylan: same as with pat, also impressed with your falcon abilities despite not knowing the ruleset (you can't blame me lol)
13: Mini: :confused:

@ the UMassers: will keep in touch, I know of about 5-7 smashers from umass (who play melee) excluding you guys. There's probably more, you guys should get together and start a club. Don't know how much more they'll play with the semester coming to an end but I'm sure after the summer they'll start again.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DropHydroSkirmish
^Vids, 10 matches, 5 sets. They're there. Go find them. Etc etc.
Might make a more detailed post but not right now.

Edit: a big unhappy face goes to everyone who didn't/couldn't make it. Mass has way more players, Melee alone could have been 10-15 bigger with MA alone.
we must have more!!!! =D

1: Roman- Jesus, I knew you got better, but holy ****. Keep it mang.
2: Icylight- Some day, you'll go sheik against me and regret it.
3: omegablackmage- Play melee more, she's an alright *****, and not as easy as that brawl ****.
4: Aesir- Wut?
5: Spife- Link dittos are kind of boring now aren't they? =\
5: Haitian V- Your DK scares me. =(
7: Irish Mafia- Who are you? ..>_>
7: Shadowball- Stick with the marth, you got the right idea.
9: turnips- Lol sucks your first round was against me, you need to camp a bit more but I think you got the right idea.
9: King Floppy- Who are you?
9: pat- If you're that peach player my shout out is the same as turnips.
9: dylan- Stop being an excitable falcon, you would do so much better if you just took your time more.
13: Mini- No idea.
Thanks... you're too pro. But I actually do main Marth. The problem is as good as Mewtwo is on Poke floats... Fox is better. =(

Gotta go to work. Shout-outs will come later today y'all!

Oh, and Spife, I'll be posting vids later too...

rvkevin

Smash Lord
SideB combos outta DA at a certain percent on some characters. I remember testing it to see if I could combo into on MetaKnight, but it's really weird timing and low percent...

You might be able to find it...
I don't like to do combos that have a small range against MK, there are too many times when it doesn't combo and you get punished. Against heavier characters pseudo combos work a lot better because their options are a lot more limited in the air and their weight makes combos have a larger range for it them to work...I actually never tried to combo with Side B against MK, just waived it off as unsafe/unreliable except against Snake/DDD...

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
The only reason I tested that one specifically, was because of the gimp. I figured Banana Lock > Dash Attack > SideB > Footstool, would be a stock taker, or at least a good set up for an edgehog or potential spike...

But the range was low and i can't remember what it was exactly, so I never got it to work consistently. I should look back into it and see if I can find away to make it garunteed....

But unless I can it'll definatly be too risky. Definatly. Last thing you wanna do is whiff that and give MetaKnight a free edgeguard/gimp.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Potential Date for SMB4: All Hail Spaghettysburg is June 6th. I want 30 people for melee and 60 for brawl, so everybody better show up.

Aesir

Smash Master
Good Lord in heaven you guys have been busy here. jeez... *ahem*

No Johns son. My Mewtwo ***** your Peach so hard it wasn't even funny. i'm pretty sure she's a little sore actually. :laugh: I bet that our T.V. would've broken had we played eachother in the tourny. I'm not sure how I even got to 7th anyways...

Yeah, we are nice right? :p Now which one were you again? I'm good with faces but terrible with names. esp. with that loud girl straining her voice all the time. *johns*

What's up? Thanks for the Mewtwo shout-out... too bad I actually main Marth D=

we must have more!!!! =D

Thanks... you're too pro. But I actually do main Marth. The problem is as good as Mewtwo is on Poke floats... Fox is better. =(

Gotta go to work. Shout-outs will come later today y'all!

Oh, and Spife, I'll be posting vids later too...
Did you get those matches from spife? I wanna see how pretty marth marth looks 8D *clearly a narcissists.*

Also add my youtube name. Asurawind =D

Zen Basis

Smash Rookie
Edit, because I fail at quoting!

I'm the Asian one. Hahahaha.

--
Oh, and L-T, I'm pretty sure played like two Brawl friendlies with you, on that small TV with the really, really bright setting. I was the Asian kid who played Peach. Your Zelda's pretty good! Sorry I didn't put up too much of a fight on Norfair. I was playing Melee that day, and it's pretty bewildering switching from Melee Peach to Brawl Peach. Your Nair use is pretty fantastic and your Din's Fire use was quite camptastic. Hahaha. Maybe I'll enter Brawl, too, next time.

Top Bottom