• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Galaxy

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone noticed that in the title there are these little sparkles on the bottom of some letters and when put in order it seems to spell a message? My friend pointed this out to me but I think it's just a coincidence due to the spacing being even and the message is unintended

I don't know if this has been mentioned already...search yielded nothing, so tell me if I'm crazy and this is not just a coincidence...
Please, just drop this BS, I am so sick of reading this old joke now. Enough is enough. This is a forum dedicated to one of Nintendo's game, did you really thought that we haven't heard of this "Ur Mr. Gay" BS? And oh, I beat Galaxy this morning(120 stars, sorry but I just can't stand Luigi), I took my time with this game b/c I loved it.

Since we are on the topic: if you really think about it......I hate to admit it, but I can't imagine that Nintendo didn't pick up this red flag. My mean, seriously, there are geniuses working in that company, they must have at least known or discovered this before the release, unless they just feel like to post something like that(just F ing around), sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, yea man, lol.

kaid

Smash Master
Alright, I got 240 stars (120 each Mario and Luigi) and the game says I've unlocked one final level... But I can't find it. Can anyone help me find it?

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
wooooot i finally completed SMG (242) what a game, up there with the best but i hate them purple coin levels its red coin annoyance times 12 and a bit but even so i enjoyed them favourite galaxy is the ice one whats everyone elses

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
Just recently finished getting 121 stars with both Mario and Luigi. I must say, Super Mario Galaxy is the best platformer I've played in years. And here I thought there would never be a platformer again that felt new and refreshing. I've never been so glad to be wrong.

Also, aside from the excellent level design and gameplay...the music in Galaxy was just incredible.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Well, for the one where you are on a ball, hold the wiimote with two hands, it really really helps! For the other ones, just keep practicing, you will get them eventually.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Oh man I hate those Rolling ones... Especially in the Melty Molten Galaxy!

Right now I'm trying the Loopdeswoop one... O_O Monstrous course...

...I could also use help on a few others, I'll come back later with 'em...

Level 9

Smash Apprentice
My only advice is practice... Slowly at first even if you know you're going to fail, each time you get a little bit further is an achievement in and of its self & only serves to help you know the landscape better & thus make better time with each attempt...

I got through the rolling ball course on my first try, But I went at the Ray Surfing course at least 20 times before I made it to the end on time... @_@

Bubble Blast Galaxy is either easy as heck or seemingly impossible depending on your skill with the air bubble... Practice... That's all I can say... :/

Patinator

Smash Champion
Well, okay. I managed to ALMOST get through Bubble Blast, but then I hit an electric fence JUST as I was gonna get the shard thingy... T_T

Loopdeswoop is practically impossible for me...

Rolling Ball of death is hard, but the only problem is the fact I can't break the metal blocks. After that I can progress.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
For the loopdyswoop, if you are near a turn, break a little bit before you are turning, same with near a ledge, and after you get the 5 shards in the bubble thing, u still have to do the 2nd half of the level, which is frustrating:/.

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
The hardest stage in Mario Galaxy For me would have to be "Luigi's Purple coins", because even though you have to collect only 100 of the 150 coins, it's extremely hard to get the star without falling to death.
Yea, I know, but it's actually pretty easy if you figure out the one little trick. The trick is so obvious and easy, that once I figured it out, I felt stupid.

It is:
All you need to do is to re-adjust the cam-er-a angle at the corners, that's it.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Plus the time limit... I hate Purple Coin missions. X_X

What's everyone's favorite galaxy? Mine would be either Bowser's Galaxy Reactor, Bowser Jr.'s Airship Armada, or Good Egg Galaxy. All because of the awesome music and good stage designs.

Akiak

Smash Ace
I only just beat Bowser's star reactor and I loved it. The beggining trap course was pretty cool.

You guys know that planet shaped like Yoshi in Space junk galaxy? Is there anything to do there?
I keep going and get ran over by Goombas!

How many observaties are there in all? And can someone post the ending pics?

Most of you already know this but some noobs don't. I'll say all the different flips and high jumps.

Backflip-Crouch (Z) + Jump

Long jump-While running, crouch and jump all real fast. Very helpful for Cosmic Mario

Also, is Luigi any different than Mario in jumps, power etc.?

High Long jump-Start running, then jump, and when you touch the ground, jump again, and then one last time when you touch the ground for the third time. All while running forward. (Needs a lot of space)

Somersault-Now I don't know if everybody discovered this. Start running in one direction, and turn the opposite direction real quick. As soon as smoke comes out of his shoes, just jump (keeping the control stick in the direction you turned).
To perform continous somersaults without stopping, then in mid-air after your first somersault, turn the control stick the other direction and when you hit the ground jump again.

For the highest jump ever, Backflip + spin

Hope I was of help!

BTW you can break the spiked balls in space with a star bit if they are in your way.

Patinator

Smash Champion
All of the moves from Super Mario 64, save for the Star Spin, are in Galaxy. Most of us know that.

Lemme add something:

If you spin in the air, then ground pound while spinning, Mario locks on to the nearest breakable object, I think. Test it!

Luigi has lower traction, a quicker start-up time for walking, and a higher jump.

(I've gotten 85 stars now. I'm trying out one of the untimed Purple Coins; Beachcombing for Purple Coins right now. It's pretty easy.)

Patinator

Smash Champion
Tornado cancelling? (I won't be able to watch the videos)

I ask for some help again... I've managed to get to 102 stars, including two trial galaxies. But anyway, does anyone know how to do the secret star in the Deep Dark Galaxy? It's the mission where you fight Kamella.

S2

Smash Lord
Yeah Galaxy was refreshingly awesome.

I wasn't won over by the idea of it at first, but it really is well polished and fun.

Without saying anything, the ending section of the game is simply fantastic. The last boss was the epic showdown that was missing from Sunshine.

Patinator

Smash Champion
If anyone here needs help, I'm officially open. I've managed to beat the whole game, except getting 9999 Star Bits with
Luigi

The whole game is incredible; best game ever. Sometimes frustrating, yes, but whatever. At least I got all Stars in it. I couldn't in 64 or Sunshine. :p

-PM-

Smash Ace
If anyone needs help i have all of the stars in all three games xD

god all i do is play mario games

and guitar hero xD

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Yeah, you should really beat 64, there is a lot of fun things, and a particularly funny glitch you can do once you beat the game. I got all 120 starts in 64 and Galaxy, but not in Sunshine... I just didn't have the patience lol.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I've managed to beat Bowser the final time twice. And I've gotten 130-ish stars on SM64 DS... With an Action Replay. ^^;

Glitch, huh? Tell me please!

Top Bottom