• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Galaxy

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
He could've easily beaten the game eight times already, I mean, I beat the game (as in all 120 stars) in a little over 10 hours.

iMichael

Smash Lord
I have to assume you're just trolling blazer or severely exaggerating, because if you disliked the game that much, I dunno what would compel you to play through it 8 times!!!

:colorful:
That's exactly what I mean. Who says a game sucks, but then goes on and beats it eight times. Like QDVS said "you're just trolling blazer or severly exaggerating".

bored

Smash Ace
I've been highlighting all the spoilers that everyone has posted, even though I haven't played SMG yet.
Have I spoiled enough to when I actually play it won't be as, whats the word i'm looking for, Surprising?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I've been highlighting all the spoilers that everyone has posted, even though I haven't played SMG yet.
Have I spoiled enough to when I actually play it won't be as, whats the word i'm looking for, Surprising?
Nothing surprising happens in the game at all. The only "spoilers" that have been mentioned are bosses and what you earn after getting all 120 stars. Not really a game where you can spoil the story or anything.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Nope it's still surprising, there's a ton of familiar faces in there and power-ups that Mario will get. Music is always good as I was suprised when they were playing some old school music. Trust me dude, the game is epic. It wouldn't sell 500,000+ in the first week for no reason.

bored

Smash Ace
Nothing surprising happens in the game at all. The only "spoilers" that have been mentioned are bosses and what you earn after getting all 120 stars. Not really a game where you can spoil the story or anything.
Speaking of bosses, are any of them challenging? Really this is going to be a major disappointment if there are easy bosses. Seriously, it's what killed TP for me.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
after beating it 5 times with mario (120 stars) and 3 time with luigi i still stand by my opinion that this game is as overrated as TP and sucks even worse.
Do you like video games at all, or did you play the games expecting to hate them so you forced yourself to? @_@ Because I played the Halo series thinking I would hate as it was a FPS, and you know what? I did hate it. It wasn't until after months of playing the game with my Halo-crazy cousin did I finaly begin to enjoy it. (halo is alright, meh >_>)

Juding by your "I played it several times trying to find something worth recomending" post, there's no way you could have enjoyed the game. Good luck with Brawl. I can already tell that you're going to hate that as well.

I'm not saying you should force yourself to play games which dont appeal to you. I just recommend not playing while being biased.

And I didn't buy Galaxy. Instead I bought all three seasons of Arrested Development, and I have no regrets. ^_^

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
yes as a matter of fact i did.
Oh, please. Stop exagerrating. You would have to be playing non stop to completely beat the game eight times.

If you hate it for no reason other than the camera that actually works majority of the time and other small things, why keep playing it?

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone noticed that
there is a castle, hanging upside down from the observatory. You can get a great look at it my standing on one of the glass circles that zooms out the camera. Also, the flying power-up can get you up and close with it. I don't know if there is something hidden or what. Could prove interesting with experimentation...

voittaa711

Smash Journeyman
Chicagoland area---1v1 no items AIM- Voittaa711
The only flaw with galaxy is that it was kinda easy and getting stars almost becomes...routine. The bosses were ESPECIALLY easy.

I wanted more stars like the purple coin toy galaxy, the second ball level and the second surfing level. Those made me want to whip my wiimote at the wall and I love it when I get a good challenge.

Shock the Hedgehog

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockhog
Hey guys, just wanted to clear something up for you, blazer787 doesn't even own Galaxy. He got to play for a couple hours at Gamestop, he has not beaten the game once and he obviously looked on GameFAQS to find out about the man in green. How do I know this, I know him in real life.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, just wanted to clear something up for you, blazer787 doesn't even own Galaxy. He got to play for a couple hours at Gamestop, he has not beaten the game once and he obviously looked on GameFAQS to find out about the man in green. How do I know this, I know him in real life.
WRONG!!!!!!!!! while you were on vacation over thanks giving, i got bored of murdering drew in halo 3, so i rented it. beat it, and returned it and ate some turkey. that was some good turkey:bigthumbu

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord

Look familiar?
LMAO. Sadly, that happened to me once. I almost destroyed my Wiimote.

Thanks for that. I suspected that he was full of bull**** but this confirmed it for me.

Shock the Hedgehog

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockhog
25 to 0 halo 3 match (he got pwned) and a scratched up disk (i hate my sister so much right now), it got boring without you, so i rented it.
Well, I can understand that, and if you mean when you said you beat it that you got to the final boss, than I can understand that, too. But there's no way you could've gotten all 120 stars as both Mario and
Luigi!

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone noticed that
there is a castle, hanging upside down from the observatory. You can get a great look at it my standing on one of the glass circles that zooms out the camera. Also, the flying power-up can get you up and close with it. I don't know if there is something hidden or what. Could prove interesting with experimentation...

So noone has noticed
the upside down castle? Or did I miss something in the story-line that explains this all??

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Just found another glitch involving the jump-canceled spin. Particulary the longjump-canceled spin. Go to the
Dusty Dune
Galaxy to the star
Blasting through the sand. On the sand thing that takes you really fast, there is a green turtle shell. You can spin to pick it up Just like in my video with the black boos. You do the same thing, longjump-canceled spin . But you long jump onto the part that speeds you up. Continue to long jump to evade the green shell. Eventually it will break. When it does, another will respawn, following you. Try to evade it. This will prove worthy in speed runs., because you can get to the chest alot faster (turtle shell slows you down)
Those who do not know what the Jump-canceled spin is, look at my previous posts on this thread, I think page 27...

-PM-

Smash Ace
i can get all the stars in a little over a day im trying to shorten it up to 15 hours though speed run time =D

all the glitches that "ihatemybrother" is finding helps alot

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
all the glitches that "ihatemybrother" is finding helps alot
Thank you P-Mario. Makes me feel appreciated. I have two tricks that are just plain fun/funny. You walk up to a wall and begin Mario's pushing animation. Stop pushing against the wall so that you are standing right on the wall. Hold Z and shake the Wiimote. You should do the "Mario Hump" Next trick, use the same or another wall if the last one got dirty. Stand a few feet away from it and crouch. Start walking while staying the the crouch. Keep walking to you are close to the wall. Now, stay in your crouch and shake the Wiimote. You do the "Ice Skater" I call it that because Mario spins around and does like a double axle thingy with his leg sticking out.

Ps.Jump-caceled spins look super-sexy when on ice. Just run (not skating) and do a longjump-caceled spin. You go from just walking to doing a spinning jump. Usually you would just do a long jump, but the spin puts you into ice-skating mode so you do the ice-scater jump. You retain your spinning qualities as do ALL spin-canceled Jumps. I call it "Super Sexy Long Jump" PLEASE do not think this is the Ice Skater. It has NOTHING to do with the fun trick called the Ice Skater.

Pss. The "Super Sexy Long Jump" is Super-dooper Sexy when you crash through a crystal. Looks like a scene from a movie.

Pss. Spin-canceled jumps can be used for all jumps, including double and triple jumps. A little harder to time, but they work. And the longjump-canceled spin that I talk about in my last post about the star at
The Dustbowl Galaxy
That techniche is great for Boss battles involving green turtle shells.

Psss. Jump canceled spins work with all spins, regardless of what costumes you use. Its usefull on the
fireball costume
because you can throw numerous
fireballs
quickly.

-PM-

Smash Ace
iv cut it down to 18 hours *shrugs* this is turning out like super mario sunshine speed run

my galaxy right now is 18 hours with 4 deaths =/

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
Has anyone noticed that in the title there are these little sparkles on the bottom of some letters and when put in order it seems to spell a message? My friend pointed this out to me but I think it's just a coincidence due to the spacing being even and the message is unintended

I don't know if this has been mentioned already...search yielded nothing, so tell me if I'm crazy and this is not just a coincidence...

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
This is so old dude.

"Ur Mr. Gay" is the so called msg.
Well this has only come to my attention recently

I hope this is a coincidence. It just doesn't seem like nintendo to hide such messages...

That is one of the funniest posts I've seen in awhile, Gosu.

Thank you for that.
I'm glad...I'll be here all week....if finals don't kill me

Top Bottom