• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Galaxy

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i like how the top 10 highest rated games of all time are all by nintendo,sega,pc

theres only the orange box for 360 which essentially pc port

and the tekken from ps

and nothing in the top 10 from ps2 ps3 xbox or xbox360 (not even halo, call of duty4, or bioshock)

the only hope for 360 to crack the top top 10 is mass effect

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i can name countless games that are better:

i was done with 5 lines straight when i realised i wouldn't have enough room to type almost every game in existence
I can name countless reasons why nothing u say matters

i was done with 5 lines strait when i realized ur not worth the time...

but anyways IMO Galaxy doesnt completley dominate all other games as the best ever but u cant go against 35 proffesional reviews, (unless of course ur an ignorant fanboy)

I can name alot of games that are just as good as galaxy or better too... Ocarina of time,halo,final fantasy 6,7, metal gear solid, chrono trigger, super metroid, half life 2 .....

but the point is ur not a proffesional videogame reviwer because u lack the abilty to see the quality of a game outside of ur own personal opinions, therefore u feel threated and feel like u have to bash a game in order to make urself feel better about games you like

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Not gonna lie, I'm a bit surprised by the constant stream of critical acclaim regarding Mario Galaxy. I mean, it's a great game, and it's somewhat revolutionary, but Occarina of Time good? I dunno about that. Personally, as much as I've enjoyed it, I've got a list of things that ****ed me off when I was playing.

Then again I enjoyed it, and maybe I'm just jaded by far too many years of gaming.

On a side note, blazer787, I think you may have just inadverantly implied that your trash can has better taste in games than you. :p (all in jest, I just couldn't resist)

I

i8waffles612

I rented the game today. It is very fun! Boss fights are kinda easy though...

When do I start to play as other characters?

spindash

Smash Ace
I rented the game today. It is very fun! Boss fights are kinda easy though...

When do I start to play as other characters?
You don't. But there is a huge secret if you can collect all 120 Power Stars as Mario. For spoiler purposes, I won't indulge you with it unless you PM me about it. XD Just playing it safe!

voittaa711

Smash Journeyman
Chicagoland area---1v1 no items AIM- Voittaa711
*sigh* a week has gone by since I bought this game and I have 104 stars. I have saved fighting bowser until i got all the stars, but now I realize that I have to beat the game to get the other 16 stars. I'm going to take a break from it since I only have maybe an hour left of the game.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I have another question. I just beat the bedroom, and i have 57 stars. I wanna get all 120, but the game says they can fly to the center of the universe once I get 60. Is this a bad thing? I thought i was supposed to beat the game once I beat the final boss. Is it in the center of the Universe? I thought that the final boss was in the one after the bedroom. I know it's kinda a spoiler, but i want to know what I should do.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
*sigh* a week has gone by since I bought this game and I have 104 stars. I have saved fighting bowser until i got all the stars, but now I realize that I have to beat the game to get the other 16 stars. I'm going to take a break from it since I only have maybe an hour left of the game.
Haha, yeah right. The purple coins are some of the hardest missions. It's too bad you saved them for last, it seems like theyd get tedious if you had to do one after another, although some of them rock.
On a side note, blazer787, I think you may have just inadverantly implied that your trash can has better taste in games than you.
:laugh:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I have another question. I just beat the bedroom, and i have 57 stars. I wanna get all 120, but the game says they can fly to the center of the universe once I get 60. Is this a bad thing? I thought i was supposed to beat the game once I beat the final boss. Is it in the center of the Universe? I thought that the final boss was in the one after the bedroom. I know it's kinda a spoiler, but i want to know what I should do.
Once you again, you must defeat the final boss at least once before you can get all 120 stars, so go do it when you feel you are ready. Once you get all 120 stars, defeat the final boss a second time, and you'll unlock something.

-PM-

Smash Ace
Once you again, you must defeat the final boss at least once before you can get all 120 stars, so go do it when you feel you are ready. Once you get all 120 stars, defeat the final boss a second time, and you'll unlock something.
your gonna say that at least 50 times before this threads done xD

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I know I get that, but I'm asking something else. is the final boss in the center of the universe or the galaxy at the end of the galaxy after Bedroom (forgot its name).

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Not gonna lie, I'm a bit surprised by the constant stream of critical acclaim regarding Mario Galaxy. I mean, it's a great game, and it's somewhat revolutionary, but Occarina of Time good? I dunno about that. Personally, as much as I've enjoyed it, I've got a list of things that ****ed me off when I was playing.

Then again I enjoyed it, and maybe I'm just jaded by far too many years of gaming.
Yeah, I like it but greatest game of all time? I don't know if I'd even put this in the top 10. Still we are essentially comparing the ratings given to a game 10 years ago to the ratings a game is given today. It doesn't make much sense when you think about it.

TMS

Smash Journeyman
If you're a platformer addict like myself, Galaxy is one of the greatest game of all time. It's my second :D

iMichael

Smash Lord
Yay! I just got all 120 stars and now I'm playing as that one dude(spoilers?) to get all 121

As for that spoiler thing...I think everybody knows who I'm talking about by now lol just don't wanna say it because there's always that one person.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
I found a glitch in Mario Galaxy, a very useful one. It eliminates all the lag of the spin attack, and increases its range horizontal as well as vertical. You spin attack and immediately jump. You stop doing the attack, but the game doesn't know that. For about a second, you can run into people and it is as if you were attacking. To attack people on the ground, you just shorthop instead of doing a full jump. When you land, there is no wait for Luma to charge the attack again and no lag time to slow down the spin. I call it the spin-cancel. I'm the creator, but you are welcome and encouraged to make a video, for I have no camera.

EDIT: Just found something nifty with it too. You can do any jump to cancel the spin attack. The Long jump is fantastic for long range attacks. The side jump is great for attacking enemies above you. If you want to practice, using it and mastering it, I suggest you play the Boldergeist boss at the Mansion place. Just use jump-canceled spins to hit the rocks he throws at you. When there is a boo, longjump-cancel spin to help stay mobile while collecting the boo. I'll post more if I figure anything more about this
Ps. I discovered another thing before this, the crouch cancel. If you crouch after a spin, it gets canceled, but still has lag time and recharge time. So I started implementing jumps and I found this out. It is much more useful.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
I found a glitch in Mario Galaxy, a very useful one. It eliminates all the lag of the spin attack, and increases its range horizontal as well as vertical. You spin attack and immediately jump. You stop doing the attack, but the game doesn't know that. For about a second, you can run into people and it is as if you were attacking. To attack people on the ground, you just shorthop instead of doing a full jump. When you land, there is no wait for Luma to charge the attack again and no lag time to slow down the spin. I call it the spin-cancel. I'm the creator, but you are welcome and encouraged to make a video, for I have no camera.

EDIT: Just found something nifty with it too. You can do any jump to cancel the spin attack. The Long jump is fantastic for long range attacks. The side jump is great for attacking enemies above you. If you want to practice, using it and mastering it, I suggest you play the Boldergeist boss at the Mansion place. Just use jump-canceled spins to hit the rocks he throws at you. When there is a boo, longjump-cancel spin to help stay mobile while collecting the boo. I'll post more if I figure anything more about this
Ps. I discovered another thing before this, the crouch cancel. If you crouch after a spin, it gets canceled, but still has lag time and recharge time. So I started implementing jumps and I found this out. It is much more useful.
Yup, and you can do a special ground pound if you spin before you hit the Z button. Locks on to enemies :D Pretty awesome.

TMS

Smash Journeyman
I just beat the game with 120 Stars. Very pleasing reward, if I must say so.

BlueJay1993

Smash Rookie
I've been playing for a little over 2 hours and I have 37 stars. This game is unbeliveably addicting. Top 10 material for sure.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
I haven't actually played it yet, but I've seen friends play it a lot. It doesn't seem to compare to Mario64 or even Sunshine, to me. There seem to be a lot of limitations. I remember in 64 and Sunshine being able to cut the course times down a lot by doing long jumps and wall jumps, etc. etc.

Galaxy didn't seem to really have that with the jumping from planetoid to planetoid thing.

I'm not sure; I haven't played it yet, but that's my initial impression.

greenblob

Smash Lord
I'm probably going to get this tomorrow. But I have a question. Since I'm probably not going to be the only person playing this game, I was wondering how many save slots you get.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman

I made a video of the glitch described above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzkC1GQMm8A&eurl

-PM-

Smash Ace
has anyone speedrun this yet?

btw iv beaten it like 4 times trying to get minimal stars and i cant find any way through the orginal like 70 =/

oh and that glitch comes in huge hand ihatemybrother

thanks =D

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord

On a side note, blazer787, I think you may have just inadverantly implied that your trash can has better taste in games than you. :p (all in jest, I just couldn't resist)
I think the ratings chart has been experiencing some serious inflation in the past year. No doubt, 2007 has been a great year for gaming. We got Bioshock, The Orange Box, Mass Effect, and so on, but it seems like every other game is a perfect score. It's getting annoying and unreliable.

Also, quit using hueg writing and colors. It makes you look like an attention ***** rather than a font aficionado.

-PM-

Smash Ace
I think the ratings chart has been experiencing some serious inflation in the past year. No doubt, 2007 has been a great year for gaming. We got Bioshock, The Orange Box, Mass Effect, and so on, but it seems like every other game is a perfect score. It's getting annoying and unreliable.

Also, quit using hueg writing and colors. It makes you look like an attention ***** rather than a font aficionado.
hes always used that font =P

M.K

Level 55
Ooh, I just figured out that you can Spin Attack while Crouching to do a Cool Sweep Kick! Oh, I feel like an idiot :p

Top Bottom