• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Galaxy

-PM-

Smash Ace
I have 68 stars, and I am REALLy tempted to go to the final galaxy. Ice Mario is the coolest powerup the music is really really coool!:laugh:, and so is boo mario (he's a freaking boo, i mean come on!). I don't see how people hate spring mario so much, i mean its not THAT terrible. can anybody give me advice on one of the
green star levels when you have to roll on the ball on the hard obsticle course? btw, i didn't know if this was a spoiler... better safe than sorry though.
(68 stars in now).
well the
levels can be really really annoying but if your careful or... lucky you can get through them with ease and i think spring mario is decent but the flight mario is like god xD

MetalLuigi, hold the remote with two hands like a joystick. It REALLY helps.
this does help =] to bad i already beat that part =/
im about to be on it with luigi though

Yay! I just got 96 stars....Gusty Galaxy (i think thats what its called..the one with the big question mark in the middle ) it has the best music ever!!!!
OMG I LOVE THAT MUSIC XD

Salaad

Smash Ace
This game has so much replay value. (for me) It's gonna take me another month at this rate to get all of the stars..

Salaad

Smash Ace
I don't really go looking for pranksters. I just try to get stars and when a prankster appears, I go to it. You can go check every observatory if you want to though.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Ice Mario is the coolest powerup the music is really really coool!:laugh:, and so is boo mario (he's a freaking boo, i mean come on!). I don't see how people hate spring mario so much, i mean its not THAT terrible.
Bee Mario ftw! Although I'm probably biased, because when Super Mario Bros. 3 was first released, I thought Fox Mario was Bee Mario. I was a troubled child. :psycho:

Anyhow, if you don't hate Spring Mario yet, then I wonder if you have
played the level where you have to beat the electicity-shooting mini boss as Spring Mario?
That was where the hate began for me.

Because the purple comets (100 purple coin comets) don't appear till after you beat the game!!!

:colorful:
I've been wondering about those. Thanks for the tip. Also, I fear that color-flashing smiley will give me epilepsy. But in a good way.

Anyhow, I'm at 85, and I'm running out of places to find stars. I've been assuming you only get a new star for the first time you accomplish a level with a prankster comet, right? As opposed to having to beat it once with each comet? Because if I'm wrong about that, then it would certainly explain why I can't seem to find many more stars...

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
There are always 3 normal stars for each big galaxy, also there is only 1 comet star for each of those galaxies, it's either a (daredevil, fast foes, speedy, etc.)...there is also 1 purple comet per big galaxy!!!

A big galaxy to me is one that has 3 normal stars!!!

Syroco

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so I am playing Galaxy on my hdtv on widescreen format and 480p resolution.

The graphics don't look how they did in the video at all. Edges of models are very blocky looking, and levels aren't glossy at all like in videos..

Anyone else notice this?

Salaad

Smash Ace
Okay, so I am playing Galaxy on my hdtv on widescreen format and 480p resolution.

The graphics don't look how they did in the video at all. Edges of models are very blocky looking, and levels aren't glossy at all like in videos..

Anyone else notice this?

Looks like a nice game to me.

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
was that how long it took to get the 120 stars in 64 and sunshine? that seems shorter. i remember taking like 15 hours to get 100 stars in sunshine.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't think it was that bad...IMO the hardest stars in Galaxy are the Toy Time Galaxy Purple Comet star and one of the "ride the platforms to the end at different angles" purple comet stars (don't remember the name of the galaxy)!!!

Valdens

Smash Ace
I didn't think it was that bad...IMO the hardest stars in Galaxy are the Toy Time Galaxy Purple Comet star and one of the "ride the platforms to the end at different angles" purple comet stars (don't remember the name of the galaxy)!!!

Dreadnought Galaxy. Where if you missed JUST ONE you had to repeat the entire thing, and the gay robot at the end would say "What?! You got 99 coins? I really feel bad for you, it's a disgrace." D:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I have 63 stars and can't find the prankster comet I moved.
Check the map by talking to the black Luma. The Prankster Comet moves somewhat randomly, but usually appears after you've collected the normal star that relates to the Prankster level.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
wait, i'm confused. if i beat the game on another file, will my file suddenly have purple coin comets?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
wait, i'm confused. if i beat the game on another file, will my file suddenly have purple coin comets?
No, once you've beat the game, the Purple Comet will start appearing on the save you used. In other words, you CAN'T get all 120 stars without beating the final boss at least once.

Still don't see it.
The comets disappear if you hesitate for a while. Just talk to the Purple Luma in the main Hub and get him to move it around again.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Check the map by talking to the black Luma. The Prankster Comet moves somewhat randomly, but usually appears after you've collected the normal star that relates to the Prankster level.
Actually, the Black Luma is the Map guy. The Purple Luma on the right side of the first Terrace is the Prankster guy..

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The Black Luma shows you the map and the map shows the LOCATION of the comets, which was what he was asking about originally. :)

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
i noticed in the pics that it seems that you only get 3 health points this time for a life, whereas in mario sunshine and 64 it's at least 10 or so until you die. does this make things more difficult or does it not affect the game?

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Its not really that much harder, coins are a bit more plentiful this time around. Also, you can get a Life shroom thing that increases your health meter to 6 points, instead of 3, and they are pretty common, since you can buy them, and they usually show up before a major boss battle. The majority of my deaths have been falling into the black hole/void thingy:(.

voittaa711

Smash Journeyman
Chicagoland area---1v1 no items AIM- Voittaa711
Its not really that much harder, coins are a bit more plentiful this time around. Also, you can get a Life shroom thing that increases your health meter to 6 points, instead of 3, and they are pretty common, since you can buy them, and they usually show up before a major boss battle. The majority of my deaths have been falling into the black hole/void thingy:(.
Coins are very scarce in most levels. A lot of levels hardly have more than 20

mario-man

Smash Lord
umm....so you're ignoring the facts?? Huhh?

Whatever, if you wanna ignore facts then that's your problem. SMG is given an average of the proffesional ratings and it is the highest of any game EVER!! Ignore that if you will.

-PM-

Smash Ace
honestly im a bit bored with it playing as
luigi is ******** he slides right off edges and junk i mean the game is still great but god so annoying lol
your second time through will suck xD

Top Bottom