• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Galaxy

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I just got this game. Wii's prettiest title, BY far. Not only this, it's in my opinion the funnest game I've played since Mario 64, and that's saying quite a bit. The game's loaded with nostalgia too, which I like.

I agree that there are some things (the dive) that aren't there, but they're either of no use anymore given the context, or it's totally overshadowed by the other additions made to the series.

I love the implimentation of the Wii remote. You don't even think about it but you're using it all the time. I love it.

I just love this game!! I recommend it to anyone looking for a fun, inventive, nostalgic Mario experience. This is the first time in a long time that me and many others I know have REALLY been excited for a Mario game, and it doesn't disappoint.

Seriously, there are really no flaws I can think of for this game. Don't let the childish atmosphere scare you away, I garuntee you'll have LOADS of fun.

And it's not even the fact that it's Mario formula or Mario controls... it's what they've DONE with the SERIES in general.. You're in space now, and at first I was skeptical. All my fears were put to rest however. The mechanics for some of the levels and the things you do with the gravity is AWESOME. I feel sick saying it, but there were times where I just had to say "WOAH...". It's so intense and OUT there.

There's also all the greeny levels that you loved from classic Mario 64 as well.

IT'S JUST, SO, GOOD.

As you may have noticed, I personally love this game lol... it's seriously renewed my love for Mario that stopped after my childhood. One of the things I like about this game is because it makes me feel so young when I play it...

OH and the music is fully orchestrated, very hummable, and just genereally awesome.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Don't know what the main topic on this thread is but I just got a quick question. I just got 30 stars and now one of the hungry stars appeared next to the bedroom and it takes 800 starbits to get him to transform. What happens when I do it and is it worth it?

Same question on the hungry star next to the kitchen also

TMS

Smash Journeyman
if you haven't played SM64 or any of the origanal or sunshine (any other one i forgot about or any game in general) then it might be worth your time. if not, no ****ing way
lol

No way, it's definitely worth buying if you have a Wii. Have you looked at Game Rankings recently? Apparently, it's the second best game of all time, 2nd to Ocarina of Time.

Anyone who has a Wii should buy it. Anyone who likes fun games should buy a Wii and this.

mario-man

Smash Lord
if you haven't played SM64 or any of the origanal or sunshine (any other one i forgot about or any game in general) then it might be worth your time. if not, no ****ing way
I'm gonna start ignoring you now, since it's apparent that you have decided that you will NOT be proven wrong.

Anyways, I'm about to pass out from want of this game and a Wii. somebody plz help!! LOL I REALLY want tp see what it's like walking upside down. xD

TMS

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna start ignoring you now, since it's apparent that you have decided that you will NOT be proven wrong.

Anyways, I'm about to pass out from want of this game and a Wii. somebody plz help!! LOL I REALLY want tp see what it's like walking upside down. xD
It's really fun.

Everything in this game is fun.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
So how long did it take for you guys to get used to the funky-type camera? Cause just from the videos, it seems like the spherical cam is kinda hard to get used to.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I don't think the camera is the problem. It's more like knowing which way moves Mario which way when you're upside down and sideways.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I got20 stars so far but this game is so worth it, its so much fun, and so much nostalgia, a lot of SMB3 elements in there... awesome...

anyway my only complain is the uber easy bosses...

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
so what kind of moves can you do? so far i've seen the triple jump, the wall jump, i think the sideways jump, i heard the long jump too. can you still dive at your enemies or are your attacks limited to the spin and jumping?

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
so what kind of moves can you do? so far i've seen the triple jump, the wall jump, i think the sideways jump, i heard the long jump too. can you still dive at your enemies or are your attacks limited to the spin and jumping?
lets see, if i remember correctly there is no dive attack, that would be difficult with the gravity shifting you do. p2 can do this shooting thing to collect mini star things. sorry if its not specific, i threw the game out after i beat it and went back to playing better games.

TMS

Smash Journeyman
There's no dive, sadly. The spin replaces it, and it's pretty cool. You can also shoot star bits at enemies by pointing at them and pressing B.
sorry if its not specific, i threw the game out after i beat it and went back to playing better games.
"Better games"? This game is freaking amazing, definitely the best Mario game yet(Yes, it's sad to see amazing games like 64 and World get trumped, but it's true). It's the second most critically acclaimed game of all time, just .1% under The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I can't even find anything bad about it, except this one world that no effort was put into. Maybe your opinions just suck.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
"Better games"? This game is freaking amazing, definitely the best Mario game yet(Yes, it's sad to see amazing games like 64 and World get trumped, but it's true). It's the second most critically acclaimed game of all time, just .1% under The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I can't even find anything bad about it, except this one world that no effort was put into. Maybe your opinions just suck.[/QUOTE]

never said any thing about OOT. that game was the best LoZ ever made.
by better games i mean like final fantasy 12, 6, 7, 8,9, 10, heavenly sword, halo 3, call of duty 3 (i always forget to throw the grenades), exite truck, SM64, Loz OoT, ect.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Are there any rips of Good Egg Galaxy yet? I Love that music.

Also, **** homework! Only got the first 2 stars :(

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
never said any thing about OOT. that game was the best LoZ ever made.
by better games i mean like final fantasy 12, 6, 7, 8,9, 10, heavenly sword, halo 3, call of duty 3 (i always forget to throw the grenades), exite truck, SM64, Loz OoT, ect.
lol @ Excite Truck. I beg to differ on that. Oh, and I dislike FF8. 9 and 7 are way better.

B.A.R.S

Smash Cadet
Super mario glaxy is probally one of the greatest mario games ever. Its so fun.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
My report card is coming out tomorrow, and if I get first honors, I can get it, which I am 95% sure I have:). Well, even if I dont get first honors, my older brother said he would get it for me as an early bday gift as well:). So tell me, do you guys think that it will be at a local gamestore tomorrow, which store should I go to, and also, what is your favorite part of the game.Ahhhh, I seriously want this game in my Wii right NOW!

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
This is a must have game. Best game of the Wii. And Brawl will never even come close to the music that is this game. Brawl could get pushed back some more and I wouldn't care Galaxy is that good.

-PM-

Smash Ace
theres camera control but theres so much stuff in the game that like the camera gets cought behind stuff =[ but the control is good though

mario-man

Smash Lord
I wouldn't go that far Julian. LOL

I wouldn't REALLY care either. I'd prefer the other, but as long as I'm occupied(which I'm not yet), then I can stand it.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
This is a must have game. Best game of the Wii. And Brawl will never even come close to the music that is this game. Brawl could get pushed back some more and I wouldn't care Galaxy is that good.
As good as SMG is I wouldn't compare it to what brawl will be like.

BTW you guys what are your favorite mario forms/glaxies he visits. I dunno about you, but the bee mario picture can't get out of my head. it's so weird.

-PM-

Smash Ace
i just beat SMG in 14 hours with 120 stars and it was beast....

off to luigi
xDDDDDD then after that....

im speed running it with mario and putting it on youtube... should be done in a week or two depending if im still recording smash for the mario contiplation idk xD

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
i just picked it up today... i like it WAY more than sunshine... not to say that i hated sunshine though
I was severly disappointed with sunshine. Super Mario 64 was great, but sunshine had a terrible plot, weird and unnatractive creatures, blobs of brown stuff (yuck), and mario using a weird object called F.L.U.D. that ruined the gameplay.

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
i just beat SMG in 14 hours with 120 stars and it was beast....

off to luigi
xDDDDDD then after that....

im speed running it with mario and putting it on youtube... should be done in a week or two depending if im still recording smash for the mario contiplation idk xD
wtf that fast?? i heard it takes that long win with the minimum amount!

Dark Mule

Smash Rookie
Aaaagghh. I want the game and so does my brother but he is the only one with money and he won't get it yet. It's the same thing with RE: Umbrella Chronicles.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
So how long did it take for you guys to get used to the funky-type camera? Cause just from the videos, it seems like the spherical cam is kinda hard to get used to.
It took me about 5 minutes. At first it gave me a headache but after you get used it you won't notice.

I just got the game yesterday so I'm probably a bit behind you guys,
just beat the first boss and unlocked the foutain area. Is that a spoiler?

-PM-

Smash Ace
wtf that fast?? i heard it takes that long win with the minimum amount!
not really i mean the first to parts you can get a star in under 2 minutes not even

Use spoiler tags.
sorry wont happen again

It took me about 5 minutes. At first it gave me a headache but after you get used it you won't notice.

I just got the game yesterday so I'm probably a bit behind you guys,
just beat the first boss and unlocked the foutain area. Is that a spoiler?
yes it is anything telling specific information about the game is a spoiler

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, so far it's a great game. As far as comparing it to Twilight Princess goes...I really can't say until I've beaten it. I've beaten a couple rooms now, so I'm making my way. :)

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I just got this game yesterday, and I can safely say that it is probably my favorite adventure game ever, and I am only 21 stars in! I am so amazed on how well they did the graphics, they are so colorful and pretty! Hah, oh yeah, on my first shot on the Manta Ray surfing, I got 1:04, meh, not bad for a first try, huh?

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
I just beat it, and.... WOW. The ending is fantastic, both visually and... ending... y?
It's a shame that Rosaline is gone :( She was so hot cool. I was hoping she would become a recurring character after this... So, what do you guys make make of Bowser getting thrown into the sun? Do you think he's gone forever? I know it seems ridiculous, but he could hardly even stand after it. The only way I see he could be gone is if Bowser Jr Grows up, and becomes this harcore bowser thing, and better than the original, and Bowser could come back as a ghost. But then again, how would he be in Brawl if he died? :confused:

TMS

Smash Journeyman
I just beat it.

It's so amazing, definitely deserves it's current #1 spot.

Top Bottom