• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Galaxy

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I just got the game last night and it is OF THE HOOK. you'd think it's gameplay would be different since it's in space, but it's really the same old Super Mario that I love.

P.S. it's funny how many Mario mains are here. it makes sense, I guess....

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Finally. A game that made me finally take SSBM out of my Wii. And I intend for SSBM to STAY out, for a looong time. :)

SMG. Buy it. Love it.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Finally. A game that made me finally take SSBM out of my Wii. And I intend for SSBM to STAY out, for a looong time. :)

SMG. Buy it. Love it.
couldn't agree more. this is the first Wii game I had to take SSBM out for. resently I got SSX Blur. I played it for 30 minutes, then went back to SSBM.

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
I played it with a friend yesterday and I had a blast. High definition really lights the screen up and makes everything so beautiful. Not to mention, I'm a great shot :)

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
Is this worth buying? Because I've heard its very easy to beat and I don't really like playing games over again.

mario-man

Smash Lord
It appears that to technically "beat" the game, it is VERY easy, but it's a COMPLETELY different story to get all the stars. I know of two people who beat the game in the first day. But, they say that there are alot of very difficult stars to get afterwards...

iMichael

Smash Lord
P.S. it's funny how many Mario mains are here. it makes sense, I guess....
Mario will live forever!!!!!!

I like how the voice of Mario -_-' forgot his name called the people who pre-ordered it...im going to keep that voicemail!! forever!!:)

Oh yeah and people who main Mario...rock!

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
I love it, i've played it like one and a half hours every day(since it came out), and eveythime i finish playing it i feel like if it was much more longer, i think thats great, also i love how mario looks, the lights and shades on him, just amazing, as for gameplay, i think its great, very original and inovative, but i miss the 3 hit combos with B button, or jumping and then pressing b to go on your belly.

So far i think its a great game, i really like it, i thought it could be weird to control, and maybe just like a hyped Super Mario 64, but it turned to be very entertaining and original.

And for the Manta record, well, i fell the first 7-10 times so then i just went really slow and got in 1:18. Not planning to break the record XD.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
my time for the Ray is also 1 minute

I just got done with the Boo Race, my time for that is 01:01:20 :D

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
are there any of those "collect 8 red coins" missions in this game?

also what's the central area like? in mario 64 it was the mansion and in sunshine it was delfino plaza. What's the place like in Galaxy?

Tryptomine

Smash Journeyman

also what's the central area like? in mario 64 it was the mansion and in sunshine it was delfino plaza. What's the place like in Galaxy?
There are collect purple coin missions in the game. Drastic change I know, but supposedly these coins are more linearly arranged, rather then randomly scattered everywhere like the red coinds in 64 were.

The hub area is a "space station" in the loosest sense of the word. More like a series of huge interconnecting plaforms in space. Still pretty cool

For those people (like me, sadly) who don't have the game but want to check it out, Gamespot held a great live streaming video marathon of the first three hours of the game and posted the recording on their website. It's really cool and a great view of the game for those who don't have the game and are on the fence about getting it, or just want to see as much as they can before they buy it. Link below.

http://www.gamespot.com/video/915692/6182764/super-mario-galaxy-live-gameplay-marathon--part-1-of-12

mario-man

Smash Lord

1st. not sure about the red coins, but there are some collect a TON of purple coins missions

2nd. It's the new princess's observatory or something like that.

EDIT: AWW SNAP!!! beat me to it

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
hmm thanks for the vid but i think i'll hold off on watching so many hours of gameplay. i don't want to get too spoiled by it.

how are the powerups tho?

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I heard that with the exception of Spring Mario, they all play well.

Somasu

Smash Ace
It was unique, but the control for his walking was so awry and annoying. It took me a minute to position myself right so I could jump on top of some small boxes, at which point, my hate for Spring Mario came into life.
QFT

All the powerups were cool, but Spring Mario was just frustrating in some areas.

Right now I've got somewhere around 80-90 stars..

I can't seem to find Luigi for the third time, the picture of him looks like he's in some sort of grass level, but I can't seem to make it out for the life of me o.O

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
I miss the abilities from SM64. This is a great game, but I don't think it quite beats it in my mind.

I do really like the way it looks, it's a *beautiful* game, IMO.

I have a question for the people who have been playing the heck out of it, though.

How do I get a crown on a galaxy with three stars? I beat the first observatory and have crowns for each galaxy that has one star, but not the other two but I got all 3 stars. What am I missing??? It's driving me crazy!!

-PM-

Smash Ace
has anyone 100% it yet? i think im close im near 120 stars and im really close

the new powerups are amazing i love them but fire could have been made a little better it can get annoying xD and ice and bee are by far the best you can to so fast with ice and fly for a while with bee =] they're really fun to use

so far there are no red coins... but purple ones

saving luigi over and over again can get a bit annoying just because you'v prolly been to that level more then 5 times already

one thing i miss is mario spin jump (full rotation on control stick then jump) they do have a spin attack and jump then spin but its just not as cool as the spin jump was

the multiplayer does help with collecting while you focus on the game and saving you if you forget to jump or something like that but it can be ******** because if your friend is a jerk

Top Bottom