• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sup, won 1st place

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
all samus, around 30something entrants lol, it was on campus but the competition wasnt THAT bad?? iono the finals are entertaining nonetheless, im waiting on the tourney holder to upload them.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
has the tourny holder given an eta on when that will be?
Last year it took 2-3 days so if not by tonight maybe by tomorrow night. I will keep you posted. Subscribe to FUSIONFilm on YouTube for a head start.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
Nice one. I got a tourney soon so hopefully I can pull a winnar.

I secondary Zamus so it won't be as pure a victory as this though.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Just from initial looks at

GF 2.1
+ I called the gimp at0:50 as soon as I saw that fair. I can't stand that lip on FD
+ I always liked the way you used the Pivot grab. I ahven't seen another samus use it so effectively? Was that you who also whent agaisnt a few people and ran right through their character -> pivot grab?
+ That utilt at 1:45 was so perfectly spaced I'm amazed man. Good job
+ WHAT DID YOU DO AT 2:10 - 2:15? -> UpB -> Ledge cancelled -> Up-B cancelle d-> Dsmash. That was GREAT!
+ At the last stock we see why the MK matchup is so hard. When he is in Samus' face what can we do?

I was going to say I think I've figured out the MK matchup, but this really helps a lot too.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210

Autx

Smash Cadet
Great stuff noob, That finish was awesome air dodge to dtilt onto stage. I knew you won the tourney , but I kept thinking mk would get some cheap kill at the end lol.
Poor samus players gotta fight tooth and nail for every kill, while most others chars only got to do 1/2 the work. Great players use her whole move set because they pretty much have to, to compete. I rarely see that for other characters. What I'm saying is, samus users try harder, have mad skillz and we look cool doing it :)

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
^ sonik went sonic in GF 1.1 as a surprise counterpick but yea it didn't work out well for him... charge shot and zair destroy forward/down B approach, up b OOS shuts down the approach if he bounces off your shield.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
very nice. great job

it's fun watching high tiers lose to low tiers i guess?

tha_carter

Smash Ace
mk needs to learn the power of the b button. But when we was nadoing you werent punishing. A good mk wouldve abused that. Once he tried retreating after an unsuccessful nado, you didnt do anything. You should have Z-air out of shield. It'll go threw nado, and has great range & speed. Usually the best option in that senerio.

So much more advice to give, a good mk would take advantage of so many of the things you did. Sdi'ing out of you upb and punishing, offstage aggression after all those wiffed Dairs you made. Charging your blaster, waiting for him to shield and grabbing wasnt used nearly enough either.

but whatever, you won so congrats.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
^ lol yea he doesn't really main MK he just used him as a random counterpick and you know how that goes.. As far as the offstage aggression stuff goes, I think I made him scared to meet me offstage for some reason, he probably respects the dair more than an MK should. And charging and grabbing out of charge wasn't as successful as I hoped so I stopped doing it.

I noticed I used a lot of sh dair a lot when I expect a roll or dsmash but when it gets shielded a good MK would have probably upboos that.

Sadly dair and upb oos were my most used moves, and in higher levels of play these are not viable options versus meta. :/

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
You still won. Do whatever keeps working, but just know it won't work forever and you'd better have alternatives to switch it up more.

D-air on MK still works at higher levels of play. Just has to be used with moderation. Screw attack we've already discussed...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Dude, nice job.

This character is so underrated. Keep up the good work.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
you get owned by spotdodge a lot

GF2.3, at about 2:30 is the best way to use forward air, this could also be used as spotdodge pressure just because it's delayed and has decent range

try up b after the last hit of fair if up b would hit them, since up b is probably the most reliable move against people who don't know how to SDI

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
^^ This man is spitting truth, soak it in for a bit. Im glad you won, its always nice to see a samus do well. You are definitely getting there; although you gotta be careful about those spotdodges. I also gotta say this because I actually main Sonic; it makes me sad to see a horrendous play from the character ( the guy was charging fsmash and mid to far range vs Samus.....). You were definitely the better player and you got what you deserved. Congrats noob.

Top Bottom