• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Sundance Tweets Brawl ThrowBack event Probable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, hopefully ADHD and M2K aren't banned. Hopefully we're past that silliness.

*EDIT* Oh god please tell me we'd be using the MLG stagelist from last year, and not the Ruleset committee one?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
there throwing back to 2010 in 2011.
man you cant throwback by one year, if you were to buy a throwback jersey it would be like a teams old jersey from the 70's not 2010. they should call it something else besides throwback

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
with the dates i only worry about the road to apex dates i have created in my OP with this. hopefully they announce it soon so i can adjust if necessary

So Fatal

Smash Master
yea who knows? MLG has brought a game on the circuit mid circuit once I believe, if we impress them enough we could get brought on for the last 3 events or so.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If anyone screws this up, I will personally hunt you down and chastise you for doing so.

Since, y'know, I can't really do much else.

DBSammy

Smash Ace
yea who knows? MLG has brought a game on the circuit mid circuit once I believe, if we impress them enough we could get brought on for the last 3 events or so.
They brought Gears of War 2 and WoW mid circuit in 2009 and Starcraft 2 last year.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Starcraft 2 was just released last year though, and was arguably one of the most hyped game releases of the year.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Starcraft 2 was just released last year though, and was arguably one of the most hyped game releases of the year.
Regardless, SC2 was added as an unscheduled game when MLG was already over budget, so it is still noteworthy.

From what I have gathered MLG intends to do throwback events for different games throughout the season. (again, this isn't official, its my impression from interviews)

I would expect to see a Smash tournament meaning it could be Brawl OR Melee as that would indeed be throwback event as well.

They still need to hold the 2010 WoW finals as it was not possible due to the launch of Cataclysm so an event with WoW is likely.

Gears 3 will be coming out at the end of this year so I would not be surprised if it was at the finals if it's out.

And with the support Sony provides MLG a Tekken event isn't that unlikely either.

Additionally MLG seems to understand that LoL has a strong competitive scene so who knows.

If you haven't seen the leaked schedule that Sundance tweeted himself it is as follows.

‎2011 Calendar
April 1-3 2011 Dallas
June 3-5 2011 Columbus
July 28-31 2011 Anaheim
August 26-28 2011 Raleigh
October 14-16 2011 Orlando
November 18-20 2011 Providence

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Wow, so basically, they have abandoned Meadows once I got interested in MLG.

Cool beans.

As much as I'd like to see Brawl return to the circuit, I think it would be truly beautiful if Melee got a throwback.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
64 THROWBACK! (well aware it was never a part)

Yeah, Melee throwback would be freaking awesome. Seriously, the amount of hype that would generate...

Crossing my fingers for a Brawl throwback, though. Not only am I bad at Melee, I also main Mewtwo... who has some slight problems.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Wow, so basically, they have abandoned Meadows once I got interested in MLG.

Cool beans.

As much as I'd like to see Brawl return to the circuit, I think it would be truly beautiful if Melee got a throwback.

Theres a reason they can't use meadowlands. Either its too small or internet. Something, I forget which it was.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
It's probably just the Melee player in me (and the lack of a Brawl player) but nothing would excite me more about an MLG event since watching the original MLG events with Ken/Isai/Azen/PC Chris/Chu Dat than a Melee throwback.

It's certainly historically significant for MLG as it was a major part of the circuit for years, and the publishing of the recent Ken article gives me a lot of hope that a throwback will happen. It would be a wonderful thing to see the new breed of Melee players on the MLG stage and especially the old school players that were around back then who still play.

To be honest, even Brawl would be good to see and I can't stand playing the game. Any Smash on MLG is good for the community, and while I would prefer Melee it's good for the series as a whole if either gets one. I don't know how much time and resources they would want to devote to these throwbacks but there might just be a big Smash throwback with both events. Now THAT would be hype.

.Chipmunk.

Smash Ace
this another chance to show mlg that we are grateful for them for picking us back up even if it is for a throwback event which can lead into being put back as a regular event.
if this happens, everybody needs to attend. I don't care where you live, i don't care what your other plans are, i don't care about your financial situation. ****, i'll fly people out and ****. If this happens, it needs to be overflowing with smashers and i'll definitely be hyping it up as much as possible on my show if its confirmed.
i'm assuming this is going to be their trial event. If the attendance is great, and it is an ultimate profit, then i assume it will be back on the circuit. And if this is the case, everyone attend. Or maybe they are being considerate and giving us an event? Idk, but thankyou mlg.
where and when?

This is definitely something that needs to cap

if we cap this, smash's future will stay very strong

esp since mlg just got like 10 million extra dollars this year more than last year, or something like that i think/heard?
this fo realz

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
It will most likely be Orlando, at least that's what I've been pushing for and that's what has been hinted at. Raleigh, Dallas and Providence are essentially no-gos.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Columbus would make sense when you compare last years turnouts, but it may be too early in the year. I plan on talking to Sundance next week if I get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom