• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin' On Ya! A Western New York Tournament. December 5th AND 6th.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
...I'm not making this. If I go somewhere my mom's gonna want an adult she knows and trusts that'll be there. :/

It's K. At least there's gonna be XXX representing Wario there. :D
You could always try pitching it as the business (cyberstorm) managing the event even if they're not doing the details... providing the equipment...planning...

-Alright they're mostly just providing the space but it's a plan? It's what I'd try in your shoes. *shrug* If all else fails, too bad, man. =\

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
...I'm not making this. If I go somewhere my mom's gonna want an adult she knows and trusts that'll be there. :/

It's K. At least there's gonna be XXX representing Wario there. :D
eff that, you just didnt want to come, I gave you all the chances in the world to get your mom in contact with me. Im an adult, and both me and Goodies have done this before. You just didnt put in the effort.

Dont try to pawn this off like you couldnt have done anything to make this. You just didnt want to try.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
eff that, you just didnt want to come, I gave you all the chances in the world to get your mom in contact with me. Im an adult, and both me and Goodies have done this before. You just didnt put in the effort.

Dont try to pawn this off like you couldnt have done anything to make this. You just didnt want to try.
Harsh words. There are a lot of adults there, so for not one to be contacted is sort of ridiculous.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
**** lol lots of parents are protective of their children and these tournaments are kind of shady to lots of ppl lol

Kids shouldn't be gambling anyways lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
**** lol lots of parents are protective of their children and these tournaments are kind of shady to lots of ppl lol

Kids shouldn't be gambling anyways lol
Tournament with a bunch of unknown people exchanging money at some dudes apartment, yea I could see the shady-ness in that.

Friendly gaming event being held at a legitamate business, even moreso because its a business that runs on video games, its like having a tournament at gamestop...

If he were to say, I cant come because my mom decided that she doesnt want to spend her day taking me to a from this, than I could KINDA understand. (Because we could get him a ride as well)

But when you come out the cut saying some "I cant go cus my mom dont trust you guys" bullcrap, thats not cool, cus I offered multiple times to personally talk to and assure your mom of your safety. I put like 5 different ways to contact me in the first post. and the fact that he didnt put in any kind of visible effort and than attempts to make this a gamers are shady type of deal, upsets me.

When I was his age, I went to the Dominican Republic on a school trip, and hes telling me that he cant get permission to go an hour and a half down the road, to hang with some mature responsible friends at gamestop...

I call shenanigans on that mess.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker

I tried man. I kept bugging her consistantly. I told her everything. She just hesitated to call saying stuff like, "later maybe, if I have the time". I wanted to go to this, I'm no liar.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
DUDE IT'S JUST ONE KID WHO PLAYS BRAWL WHO THE **** CARES IF HE COMES NO OFFENSE DUDE

it's just not viable for someone in his position or age to go so drop it! people will come if they can. older more mature melee players are so much more dedicated to this **** (that dude from st lawrence county, if you come we are totally chilling because i feel you i was in your position for mad years)

Sharky

Smash Master
yeah if he can't come he can't come let's just drop it and move on seriously.

btw i wanna smash tonight anybody in cuse willing?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Its not as much that he cant come, its the fact that the reasoning behind it is implying that my integrity is being questioned.

Also, does anybody in Rochester want to play tonight?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Its not as much that he cant come, its the fact that the reasoning behind it is implying that my integrity is being questioned.

Also, does anybody in Rochester want to play tonight?
I feel the same a similar way of being accused of lying.

I want to sort this out, and I think the only way would be to talk to her in person at Syracuse Smash 2. I'm still new to the tourney scene. And I'm considering myself lucky that I even got to Syracuse Smash 1, as my dad would've just not even have given me a chance to go if I didn't talk to my mom first.

It's just a reeeeeaaallly hard situation I'm in. It might have to take more than a few weeks to convince them. I don't doubt you at all.

I want you guys to have a good time at this tourney. We already have enough stress in this world. P.S. Bring hand sanitizer.

hubble

Smash Ace
@Steffan: I'm going to give you the $10 in gas that I still owe you and give you $5 for pain and suffering. We cool?

Any melee players gonna show up on sunday to play friendlies? I'd be down for that.

hubble

Smash Ace
@mana: yeah i still play fox

@soma: who do you play? you the link main that came to goggles' house for like 40 minutes?

@anyone: looking for melee teams partner.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
I play doc and Mario now. Yah I was at kids for like 3 hours before everyone else showed up and when everyone got there i had to go. lol

I'll team with you if your down. If you want to play some friendlies before the tourney starts to help you decide, that's cool. But I definitely want to enter doubles at this.

altairian

Smash Lord
That's...quite the leap :p
Everyone's parents are different, and going anywhere on a school trip is different from going on like a 3 hour trip to play video games with a bunch of random dudes. If I were a parent I'd want to see it firsthand and meet people that would be giving my kid rides and be in charge of the events before I let him go off on his own. It really has nothing to do with you at all.

@CJT, sorry I wasn't clear in my other post, I just sent you a text letting you know when I'm availabe, if you didn't get it let me know, my phone's been a little wonky the past few days.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I wanna team with Soma Ghost! D:<

Also, UPDATE: Keyo's bro doesn't have to work, so we can make it for Melee dubz.... yo.... [/failsatbeingblack]

Fun Facts:

I dun use Peach in melee no more.

I use Peach in Melee.

No, I will not go out with you.

I'm not a girl.

I'm not a cute girl.

I'm not a fan of Twilight for the 6-gajillionth time.

I like pie.

Keyo is buns in Brawl and lost to my Sheik.

Soma Ghost and I did a set-ish thing and I won 2 of the 3 matches. I also SDed twice in one of them 'cause I'm that bad.

PikaPika, Goggles, Infzy, XXX, and myself went to Wendy's, where PikaPika consumed a decently large amount of food, including like half my fries. 38.9 seconds after leaving PikaPika maade an exclaimation to spend half of his winnings at Mighty Taco.

PikaPika ate a controller in the middle of our match.

Hubble covered up a TV where I was playign Brawl, 55 seconds later, I was still in the air.

I had the Tag "Air" before this random Air guy came out, and I am willing to challenge him to a best of 5 sets Meta Knight dittos for the tag. I'm serious.

I'm bringing complementary soap, don't drop it.

Goggles had a crush on this chick at Wendy's because we got her interested in Brawl, but was scared to admit it.

We all went on a panty raid after ATOB2, PikaPika raided the fridge.

I like making jokes about how much PikaPika eats.

XXX is the best f**king Wario in the world.

KidGoggles in the best Sonic in NY, and I'm second best. Got a problem with it? Let's do some fractions, deez over nuts.

Hope you enjoyed the fun facts, if you didn't, I'll smite you.

Foy

Smash Champion
Long story short. You are all stupid.

I guess im chilling with Jeff and Mana friday...i will call you about it some time i guess/facebook your face.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Yes Im actually going to do it this time. Theres is an abbott's arby's, KFC, Sushi joint, mickey Ds, and wendys within walking distance and a tim horton's and mall food court with in driving distance.
Words.........

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ooo this seems interesting o_o
OMG!!!1 HOLY HELL

GDSDLOAKJSSYTSTHRTSLAFPHOFVOHPSDAHJPW

WTF

AHHHHHHHHHHHH ****

GIGDLKGHJA4RNG=S=0STYTHFSFSFU]TOASGFPHAERNBPGWVSDPFT

HE RETURNS.......

in other news...

I wanna team with Soma Ghost! D:<

Also, UPDATE: Keyo's bro doesn't have to work, so we can make it for Melee dubz.... yo.... [/failsatbeingblack]

Fun Facts:

I dun use Peach in melee no more.

I use Peach in Melee.

Keyo is buns in Brawl and lost to my Sheik.

Soma Ghost and I did a set-ish thing and I won 2 of the 3 matches. I also SDed twice in one of them 'cause I'm that bad.

PikaPika, Goggles, Infzy, XXX, and myself went to Wendy's, where PikaPika consumed a decently large amount of food, including like half my fries. 38.9 seconds after leaving PikaPika maade an exclaimation to spend half of his winnings at Mighty Taco.

PikaPika ate a controller in the middle of our match.

Hubble covered up a TV where I was playign Brawl, 55 seconds later, I was still in the air.

I'm bringing complementary soap, don't drop it.

Goggles had a crush on this chick at Wendy's because we got her interested in Brawl, but was scared to admit it.

We all went on a panty raid after ATOB2, PikaPika raided the fridge.

I like making jokes about how much PikaPika eats.

XXX is the best f**king Wario in the world.

KIDGoggles in the best Sonic in NY

Hope you enjoyed the fun facts, if you didn't, I'll smite you.
this ***** is too funny, get @ him.
Well, I'm free on Sunday to go. Only thing is that I'll need a ride to and back.

And Goggles, sure that you're gonna arrive ontime?
Basically...
talk to this guy for a possible ride.

2. In order to live up to my goal to play all of this rediculous number of money matches, and to play at least one game with every player in attendance at this tourney, im getting there about 2 hours before I even do registration. both days, so yea, im making sure stuff is done on time.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
He'd have to talk to Keyo. Which means I'd have to talk to Keyo. His brother could only possibly give him a ride back to Buff. Since we can show up on saturday now.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Posting this until people acknowledge it...

@ goggles:
Wait, only Bo1?
I guess thats fine, except for your Sonic. I can't do a Bo1, Ill do Bo3 for $2 or nothin.

Oh, and Snakeee said he might be interested in a 1v1 crew battle.

Also, anybody here want to MM me at this?
*Looks at Pdiddy, Sharky, Bry*

Also, Pika and JTEG, MMs? I still have yet to play your Snake Jessie, and Pika, I wants a rematch.

@ Foy: Are we still doin that Kirby/ROBerto MM?

Sharky

Smash Master
right, I meant to say something about that the first time you posted it but never got to it lol.

I'll take you up on that cjt, but only a dollar cause I'm afraid I might run out soon lol.

Foy

Smash Champion
Um. I might not be making it to Bawrl day to wreck on you youngins.

But if i do i might do that money match.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone willing to give me a ride Melee day. ( I live in Syracuse) Ill help pay gas and i'm real quiet. I really dont wanna miss this one, cause the next one in all the way at the end of January.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
alright kiddies, calm down. Your from buffalo, so youre both automatically terrible at smash. who is less bad isnt really that much of a concern.

=P

Top Bottom