• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin' On Ya! A Western New York Tournament. December 5th AND 6th.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
May not be coming to this. I have no controller and I'm not buying a ****ty used one! I've already bought 2 of those and they both have broke. So I'm investing in a new one which will take some time to ship. Don't know if it will be here in time and even if it is I haven't played in a few weeks.(due to being controller less.) see what happens. . .

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
If I can count on someone bringing one than I'll probably come but I hate being a mooch. and like I said I haven't been playing much lately due to ^.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
I can bring you one to use, I'm going to be there on brawl day, not melee. I could get it to someone going if ya need it for melee, though.

Also, I'm considering setting up my wii for homebrew and unlimited+tag replays today, before the tourney, for recording purposes. If anyone is familiar with it, I might ask for your help on it via AIM or something later tonight. Would appreciate it.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
I may be able to house 1 or two people.
Stipulations are -- 1. I live in a dorm with my roommate, so I'll have to ask him if its okay.
2. I live in a dorm with my roommate, so it will be cramped.
3. You'll be sleeping on the floor.

Benefits are --- 1. I have a set up in my room
2. I can treat people to meals on campus
3. I am the manliest peach main on the EC.
I probably have enough extra testosterone to make Armada hit puberty early.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
2. I can treat people to meals on campus

Im about to visit you
->Meals on campus
->RIT food

Well wait, actually, Commons got better since last year, it seems, so perhaps a sly comment is not in order.

-Once more, is anyone from University of Rochester coming, (or passing UR on the way) for brawl on Sunday? Otherwise, bud of mine will take the bus, I think.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
->Meals on campus
->RIT food

Well wait, actually, Commons got better since last year, it seems, so perhaps a sly comment is not in order.

-Once more, is anyone from University of Rochester coming, (or passing UR on the way) for brawl on Sunday? Otherwise, bud of mine will take the bus, I think.
Ironically enough, I just ordered dominos but that's because all of the food places on campus are closed till monday.

@PikaPika - please visit. I'm just doing laundry right now and I haven't played melee since before I left for break.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
Alright. I can definitely be there but I need some one who can for sure lend me a good working controller for melee. If someone could do that for me it would be pretty awesome.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Me want in General. Teh Peaches must stay togethar!!!!

Although I have to disagree, I'm the manliest Peach, with my long hair, and girly siggie. And my pronounciation of the word "signature"

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I can bring you one to use, I'm going to be there on brawl day, not melee. I could get it to someone going if ya need it for melee, though.

Also, I'm considering setting up my wii for homebrew and unlimited+tag replays today, before the tourney, for recording purposes. If anyone is familiar with it, I might ask for your help on it via AIM or something later tonight. Would appreciate it.
I can get my boy Angel to help you out with this.
I probably have enough extra testosterone to make Armada hit puberty early.

If this is true than by extention I have enough man fluid to beat Chuck Norris in a fight.

Yo you still need to try and find out if that place has a game club so I can visit them and get some people to come to this.l
I may make a guest appearance, bitches go suck tons of dick :)
????

Who the hell are you? lol...

Ehehe, attitude is everything, or so that I've heard.
And thats why Im going to win this tournament. Well, that, in addition to the massive training schedule that Im going to put myself on for the next 7 days.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
No gaming club that I know of, or my bud could find. It's probably informal and thus pretty much only-if-you-know-the-people rings, then.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Well, seems like a bus to Rochester is my only option. x.x Found out my relatives in Syracuse have been sick lately, so no ride from them. Bleh, I hate the bus. -_- But at least I'll be able to make it.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Me want in General. Teh Peaches must stay togethar!!!!

Although I have to disagree, I'm the manliest Peach, with my long hair, and girly siggie. And my pronounciation of the word "signature"
HOUSING UPDATE:

It turns out that my roommate is going to be going to CANADIA this weekend, and he has graciously offered up his bed to a visitor.

That means I can house at least two people comfortably. One in his bed and one on the floor.

BluePeachy, you're welcome to stay with me. You get dibs on the bed, since you responded first.

@anyone else who needs housing - there is one extra spot. MattDotZeb, I'm looking at you in particular, but I will house anyone else who needs it.

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
So did we ever decide what we're doing for GF?

Also I vote we put Norfair as a counterpick in Brawl for singles and doubles, because I love that place. :D

EDIT:

Also how does Stage Striking work exactly KID? I think I understand the gist of it, but at the current moment you do not have an odd number of Starter stages, OR an odd amount if you do the striking method with both Starter and Counter stages....all the more reason to add Norfair if you ask me :D lol

altairian

Smash Lord
EDIT:

Also how does Stage Striking work exactly KID? I think I understand the gist of it, but at the current moment you do not have an odd number of Starter stages, OR an odd amount if you do the striking method with both Starter and Counter stages....all the more reason to add Norfair if you ask me :D lol
Players may choose between themselves a neutral for the first match, but otherwise, random neutrals will be selected for the first stage.
make sure you read the fine print ;)

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
I'm pretty sure KID hates Norfair. I like the layout, but beyond floor lava, I'm not a fan of all the stage gimmicks, particularly damage walls.

How many? Good question? Lots of people've said they're coming but dunno how many were melee/brawl/both

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
So did we ever decide what we're doing for GF?
DUDE. Dont worry about grandfinals.
Things are cool.
Beastwars.
This.

Don't worry about GFs because no ones gonna make it there except San in winners and his aether in losers
I will put money on San not getting to winners finals. anybody want to take me up on that?

Also I vote we put Norfair as a counterpick in Brawl for singles and doubles, because I love that place. :D
CJT]And I vote no. Get nullified.[/QUOTE][QUOTE=Sheth]I'm pretty sure KID hates Norfair. I like the layout said:
To be fair, its not that I hate norfair, its more that I hate PikaPika on norfair, as well as metaknight. but yea... screw that place. [/COLOR]

MOSS said:
make sure you read the fine print ;)
yea, this. I dont know where you got the idea, but there is no stage striking for this event.

At this point, who do I have MMs with?
If I were you, Id do what im about ot do and just make a list, print it out, and bring it to the tourney with me, like I did when I came to syracuse.

Im also bringing a printed copy of the stage list, since I cant remember that either... lolz.

How many? Good question? Lots of people've said they're coming but dunno how many were melee/brawl/both
Based on everything that ive gotten from this thread and people in the area, I should be able to make a full 32 man bracket for both games.

MY MM list
This is a work in process, post if I missed/ forgot the MM I was suppose to have with you.
2$ best of 1
vs CJT's ROB
my sonic, lucario, wolf, and fox.

vs. Pdiddy's diddy
my sonic

vs. The General's Peach
my Ganon.

vs. burak's fox
my ganon

vs sharky's yoshi
my sonic.

5$ best of 3.
vs Kanto's Pikachu
my sonic.

vs Foy's Kirby
My ganon

Stipulation matches.
Team Baby Sniper (KID + Pinpoint) vs foy
KIDs ganon and Pinpoint's CF vs Foy's kirby.
foy wins 10$ from both of us if he wins or lands a warlock/Falcon punch.
KID/Pinpoint win 5 dollars apiece WHEN they win.

KID vs Kanto. Ratio match
KID's fox vs Kantos Pikachu
best of 3
KID puts up an amount of money, if he loses, he gives that money to Kanto, If Kanto wins, he gives KID double that amount of money.

If I have time, I will also do a 1 on 1, 5 character crew battle in brawl. 2$ per character remaining.

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
Goggles and his MMs should be recorded. They sound like they will be epic. PikaPika should team with me for Melee since I dont think Cura is making Melee date. I promise to pull a lot of bombs and stitch faces as long as I get to use the same TV as Rob :).

hubble

Smash Ace
Goggles and his MMs should be recorded. They sound like they will be epic. PikaPika should team with me for Melee since I dont think Cura is making Melee date. I promise to pull a lot of bombs and stitch faces as long as I get to use the same TV as Rob :).
I read this post in my head using your voice for some reason. So funny :laugh:

The rest of this post is asking people for money matches:

Goggles $1 mm, my fox vs your ganon, best of 3

Foy $1 mm, ness dittos on Kongo (the one in the lower right hand corner of the stage list)

ManaLord $1 mm, fox dittos, pokeballs on, play all the matches on poke stadium, only pokemon kills and shine spikes count as kills.

Bluepeachy $.50 mm, whatever character your maining right now dittos, best of 5, you chose any legal stage for each game.

Rob $1 mm, my fox vs your sheik game 1, my fox vs your fox game 2, my fox vs your falco game 3, person who takes 2/3 wins.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If goodies and pikapika team, they shoudl name themselves "old school" or "back to the future" or "we're old!" or something like that.

EDIT.
Even erk knows im gonna win.

@ bok/glue/obama/glue/whatever the hell your name is now.

I dont do dollar matches. I dont try enough unless theres at least 2 dollars on the table.
GO BIG OR GO HOME SON! G@ME

Top Bottom