• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin' On Ya! A Western New York Tournament. December 5th AND 6th.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Well, got an update on the transport thing, seems my buddy won't be able to drive us cuz his car is eatin' more gas than normal, ontop of a few other things. So, seems my only option now is 'round trip bus tickets. What's gonna suck the most is it'll cost me roughly 130. x.x Oi, I think I need to ask some relatives for help. XD

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's one of the closest tournies to me, and would be my first. So would like to go and compete. x3

Kantō

Smash Champion
its good to see new faces with such determination to get to tournys. there arent enough smashers like you Zhenkai. i hope to see you there for your first tourney experience.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm tryin' my hardest, and would love to get a ride with ya Syracuse guys, but I'm goin' to Melee only, as ya know. So gonna see what I can do 'bout gettin' to Syracuse, and then possibly askin' some relatives to a ride to Rochester.

Foy

Smash Champion
Enter for brawl. Or Else.

And kid from way upstate. You should change you location to Wayyyyyy Upstate.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Money problems, and my lack of responsibility regarding rides. Although since Keyo said his brother may drive him, they better take me or I'll.... nvm. >_>

Anyway, I'm actually going to put forth the effort this time in finding a ride. Syracuse(Oneida) was just short notice, and I was hoping for someone to take me there, but no one offered. Nor was I ever really directed to who I should talk to. ^^;

And I was at ATOB3 D: I just... didn't enter... We were playing a gazillion melee friendlies all day.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Well, depends on the bus company you use. I have to stick with Adirondack Trailways. 80 to Syracuse, 'round trip, and another 50 or so from there to Rochester, round trip.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its good to see new faces with such determination to get to tournys. there arent enough smashers like you Zhenkai. i hope to see you there for your first tourney experience.
This, itll be totally worth it, i promoise
Dunno if I'm entering for Brawl...
boy...
Enter for brawl. Or Else.

And kid from way upstate. You should change you location to Wayyyyyy Upstate.
this this this this and more of this.
I have a bunch of plans, if none of the riding plans work, how long's the walk?

rofl, its like 60 minutes going 80 on the highway. So it would take about 2 full days to walk it.
greyhound has a $41 round trip buffalo to rochester.
thats legit...

altairian

Smash Lord
greyhound has a $41 round trip buffalo to rochester.
...jesus, it probably costs like 20 bucks in gas for that trip. That's crazy O_O

People need to step it up on having licenses/cars already. Driving is not that scary, it's a skill that's learned like anything else, and if you're not female then you're likely to be pretty good at it if you put in a minimal amount of effort. Take that 41 bucks and hire a driving instructor for 2 lessons and you'll be set for your driver's test with that plus a few hours behind the wheel with your parents.

Some of you may find that *gasp* driving is actually fun! I wouldn't make these crazy trips if I didn't enjoy it.

altairian

Smash Lord
Sexis- ... You're so right....
lol when you start driving and start to notice people doing stupid **** on a regular basis, and then start to notice that like 90% of the time it's a woman behind the wheel...yeah... ><
Even my mom says women are terrible drivers. (she's actually an amazing driver which is why she gets to say that)

PinPoint

Smash Apprentice
lol when you start driving and start to notice people doing stupid **** on a regular basis, and then start to notice that like 90% of the time it's a woman behind the wheel...yeah... ><
Even my mom says women are terrible drivers. (she's actually an amazing driver which is why she gets to say that)
Vouch for statistical agreement. When it is a man, he's either drunk or under some other influence.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, if I go down, I'mma need housing for at least Saturday, possibly Friday night, if someone wants to do so. Won't be for free, of course.

Edit: Ha, nice call there bry. XD

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely in for the Melee tournament, and I'll likely be bringing a friend along too. I'm a smasher from Geneseo who hasn't played in a tournament in months but keeps a lively practice at college, soooo... we'll see.

altairian

Smash Lord
Wasn't planning on going to rochester for saturday. I do have saturday off though so I'm looking for alternative plans for that night, perhaps in syracuse? :D

Top Bottom