• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin' On Ya! A Western New York Tournament. December 5th AND 6th.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
d.a.K.I.D. - Ehehe, well...my paycheck is only 145 on average. XD But I pulled some extra hours this week, so I should be gettin' 'round 160-170 or so. I mean, I'm basically broke if I do, but I've been that way for the past month, basically, for a few payments here and there. Sadly it's only a part time job, but yer right, it is something.

TheManaLord - Hmmm, if I could dude I would, but like I just said, I'm broke. XD If not dude, I'd definately see if I could. Perhaps sometime when I get more cash on hand, maybe we can try and meet up and what not.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i don't know goggles

majin from gamefaqs is coming primarily and i've also sent invites to N64 and Kwan because they're geographically close to my home. contact them all for this tournament

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Hey, d.a.K.I.D., if you get a chance within the next few hours or so, hit me up on AIM, NoreuHotishia is my SN. I'd like to talk to ya 'bout the tourny and what not, cuz I was talkin' to my friend and he may take the day/weekend off too and both of us will go, and if we do, that's ride. We'd need a place to stay and what not, so catch me on AIM so we can talk more 'bout it. Thanks.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i think i sent an invite to N64 already.
ill see if I can find kwan

the smash boards name is da K.I.D. no periods after the da. If you want to make it simple you can just call me KID, all caps. thanks in advance, also, im curently on aim, I dont know if you are, i cant see you.

SN = KIDGoggles, even tho it should be on the first post.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Dang this is gonna be tough up on me, then. I'll be trainin but my crew here, sans 2-3 people, are really not tourney-grade. I got some good practice trying my ICs on Ike today though, that worked good, so I'm feeling confident. Chaingrabs not quite there yet, but grabstrings are hotter than ever.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
im 20 and dont have a license, but i just suck at driving, im not afraid too ha. i failed my tests...
18, but I should have gotten my license a year ago. I suck at driving...
I COULD get a license, but it's kinda useless because I have no car.
I have a car but no license lol (although not really, since the emergency brake locked up and now it cant physically move...)
Dang this is gonna be tough up on me, then. I'll be trainin but my crew here, sans 2-3 people, are really not tourney-grade. I got some good practice trying my ICs on Ike today though, that worked good, so I'm feeling confident. Chaingrabs not quite there yet, but grabstrings are hotter than ever.
MM my ROB.

=)
this tourney's gonna be epic. all of syracuse is training like crazy for the next two weeks.
Albany will train a lil bit, I s'pose. I might meet up with some Long Islanders over the break and play. Maybe.
Albany vs Syracuse crew battle?

Foy

Smash Champion
Anyone wanna MM my kirby? In either game?

Brawl ill have to practice for awhile cause i haven't played seriously since i MM watkins in Massachusetts

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Anyone wanna MM my kirby? In either game?

Brawl ill have to practice for awhile cause i haven't played seriously since i MM watkins in Massachusetts
Ill MM your Brawl Kirby.

@TML I know Snakeee plays a little melee, but otherwise, not really. Me, Snakeee and altairian are the only real albany players afaik (alt isnt technically albany either lol)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
what do you all think of crews?

Cus cura just called me out hardbody, acting like his scrub side of the state is better than mine.

[16:13] oddstolive: and we'll just do like a 3$
[16:13] oddstolive: per person
[16:13] oddstolive: Mainly do it for fun/ Hype
[16:14] oddstolive: For the tournament.
[16:14] KIDGoggles: we might be able to make it a tournament...
[16:14] oddstolive: if enough crews can come together
[16:14] oddstolive: sure.
[16:14] KIDGoggles: i still dont have any word on ohio, canada or PA on whether they are coming or how many people itlll be
[16:15] oddstolive: Well if not it can just be like a grudge crew battle.
[16:15] oddstolive: Wny Vs Cny.
[16:15] oddstolive: If we can get 2 more crews
[16:15] oddstolive: Like maybe RIT form a crew
[16:15] oddstolive: or something
[16:15] oddstolive: We can have a nice side tourney.
[16:16] oddstolive: It'll definetly be fun. Good crowd hype and stuff.
[16:16] KIDGoggles: ill run it by the thread
[16:16] oddstolive: We have like 8 comfirmed going from syracuse. And 3 from albany.
[16:17] oddstolive: Run the idea of a crew battle tournament but get your crew together cause i wanna do a crew battle between us.
[16:17] oddstolive: im calling you out.
[16:17] oddstolive: Centrals better.
[16:19] KIDGoggles: big words, lil man
[16:19] oddstolive: I feel comfident
[16:19] oddstolive: Cjt and Sharky are both good players as wel.
[16:20] oddstolive: That havent recieved much attendance do to being inactive.
[16:20] oddstolive: they could probably do some dmg.
[16:39] oddstolive: i have my crew made.
[16:39] oddstolive: you u back dont western looks like chumps!

Also, I have been informed that wiis do not come with HDMI cords, the cords necessary to hook up a wii/gamecube to the cyberstorm computer monitors, so those who do have these cords please bring them if possible and those who dont, It would be preferable for you to bring a tv with your setup

@ beta, i could have sworn at least a couple of them were coming up for both days...

Foy

Smash Champion
Im guessing Crews is for brawl.

Throw me in for a wild card. And are we banning Meta for crew, cause meta is homo i crews.

Foy

Smash Champion
**** both of you. 2 on 1. Ganon Captain Falcon vs Kirby. If i get a falcon punch or warlock punch off on you i win the mm.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
wtf XD I dunno which is better, the fact it'd be 2v1, or the fact gettin' wrecked by a punch could win it. XD

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
**** both of you. 2 on 1. Ganon Captain Falcon vs Kirby. If i get a falcon punch or warlock punch off on you i win the mm.
done. you win. we give you 10 bucks apiece, we win you give us 5 bucks each.

we can even do it multiple times, if you want to let go of your money that badly

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Bad news, I think Im going to have to renig on what I said before.

[18:13] shethblade: Cyberstorm TVs only take HDMI? mad weak
[18:13] shethblade: I've never even seen a wii HDMI
[18:13] shethblade: oh well, come by sometime week 1 and I'll show ya mine, I'll bring that
[18:13] KIDGoggles: the tvs take normal input cords
[18:14] KIDGoggles: but their tvs lag
[18:14] KIDGoggles: and people that play in tourneys dont like laggy tvs
[18:14] KIDGoggles: so we re gonna use their cpu monitors
[18:14] KIDGoggles: thats what we need hdmi for
[18:16] shethblade: I didn't even know anyone made wii HDMI
[18:18] KIDGoggles: uh oh...
[18:26] shethblade: Yea, I looked it up
[18:26] shethblade: There's no way to HDMI a wii without a box that has some processing
[18:27] shethblade: because the comoposite and component cables available for wii are both analog output, while HDMI is digital; you'd need a converting device to output the wii's analog-out to digital video
[18:28] KIDGoggles: awwww mannnn...
[18:28] KIDGoggles: gdi...
[18:28] shethblade: So if their comp monitors only have HDMI and VGA in, we need to get TVs again, since an HDMI solution would cost some $$$ for every setup, I'd think
[18:29] KIDGoggles: for the record, im pretty sure you just save my event from being a horrible crashing burning failure.
[18:29] shethblade: Lol. Still, you might check again, or try and swing by, because if they're using 22", I find it awkward they only have HDMI and VGA in (and probably S-vid, I'd assume)
[18:30] shethblade: Since generally monitors that size double as TV and tend to have composite and component input.
[18:30] KIDGoggles: the monitors or the computers?
[18:30] shethblade: The monitors, I would think. Seems weird
[18:30] shethblade: I mean, it's not unheard of if they didn't have it, too
[18:31] KIDGoggles: i remember checking the monitors and I diddnt see the 3 input plugs that youd need to get video from the wii
[18:31] shethblade: Oh blech
[18:31] shethblade: what a mess. Yea, TVs are gonna be needed then, for sure
[18:31] shethblade: def for melee
[18:31] shethblade: and for brawl too, unless I've overlooked something huge

Foy

Smash Champion
I guess ill bring a tv. Rob has one, Bok can most likely bring one. Mana and Jeff if you convince them.
Venue fee should be cut down to at least like $2 if people bring full setup.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
I think the setup venue reduction got covered some number of pages back and it wouldn't work out. Cyberstorm's massive fail for ever suggesting we could use their monitors with HDMI/VGA output on a wii game...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Yea, Goodies worked out a deal with cyberstorm previously, the reason I havent done any tournaments there up until this point is because they always wanted to charge 10 dollars for venue. so since he got it down to 5 theres no way its getting any lower than that for anybody.

Sama-san

Smash Cadet
-RADFOYLOLAWESOMESAUCE- Here...

Yea, so Mana and I are confirmed... We can also bring like a 30'' tv w/ setup... (Melee only obviously)

And is there even enough syracuse people to have a crew vs albany? xD

Mmmm

this will be fun :]

altairian

Smash Lord
Heh we were just gonna do a 3 man crew as a fun little MM. I just found some kid in troy in the regional boards that I'm gonna try to get together with before the tourney and maybe we'll be able to bring him along as well, but we'll see about that.

Noobass question but, crews are typically 5 people? I guess if anyone from another region wants to join us then albany could field a crew as well.

Also, I can bring 2 tv's personally (my 19" lcd might lag? but I've never noticed it if it does) if needed. I'm not lugging the fatass CRT around unless it's necessary though.

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
idk if i'd be needed for the rochester crew but i'd totally be willing to play for brawl

EDIT:
And random but can anyone tell my why even though i have my settings set to always display my signature it barely ever does?

altairian

Smash Lord
idk if i'd be needed for the rochester crew but i'd totally be willing to play for brawl

EDIT:
And random but can anyone tell my why even though i have my settings set to always display my signature it barely ever does?
Because it's always off by default in "quick reply" ;)

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
Because it's always off by default in "quick reply" ;)
i hit add reply though, AND i hit preview post before i submit and my sig shows up in the preview ?_?

EDIT:

AHHH THATS SO DUMB

i figured it out, there's 2 options to submit your post on the add reply section, and the first one doesn't include the additional options, wow thats dumb

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
In order to display your sig, I always that you had to quote a post and have your post take up more space than your actual sig. techinically if your sig is bigger than your post, its against the rules.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol ithaca's totally central you didn't give us ****

[16:09] oddstolive: I wanna do crews at rochester
[16:09] oddstolive: Central Vs Western.
[16:09] KIDGoggles: no
[16:09] KIDGoggles: you reallly dont
[16:09] oddstolive: I do but we get san.
[16:09] oddstolive: Sense were out ranked.
[16:09] KIDGoggles: how the hell am i going to let you have san, if hes my partner?
[16:09] oddstolive: clearly
[16:10] oddstolive: cause hes central.
[16:10] oddstolive: and you alreayd have jesse neil
[16:10] KIDGoggles: well when admit it in such a pussified way
[16:10] oddstolive: and xxx
[16:10] KIDGoggles: ill consider it
[16:10] KIDGoggles: when you*
[16:10] oddstolive: xxx can beat everyone else here aside from me
[16:10] oddstolive: so when ur worst player can beat our tops its fair to give us san
[16:10] oddstolive: Lol

get harpooned you stupid shark

Top Bottom